Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

put the bi in bicycle posted:

I spent all night but I think I finally understand unspoiled nodes and counterfoils. It took me way too long to figure out you just hit the slot and not use Toil of the whatever and blow half your GP. :negative:

But now I have the botany chest and match Khloe :3:

Don't be like the guy from the quest that introduced Khloe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

boy are my arms tired posted:

also, your opener is a huge deal

the standard boss opener if you are offtanking is this:

http://ffxivrotations.com/bjy

darkside on > dark arts prepull at ~3 seconds > pull with unmend > bloodweapon (OGCD) > hard slash > potion > siphon strike > carve and spit (OGCD) > dark arts (OGCD)> souleater > low blow (OGCD) > plunge (OGCD) > scourge > dark passenger (OGCD) > salted earth (OGCD) > hard slash > siphon strike > delirium

what i've been doing for the maintank version of that is replacing the opening souleater combo with enmity combo, then replacing delirium combo with souleater combo, but keeping the OGCD order the same. i feel this can be optimized more, but i need to play around with it

once your opener is out and you're settled into your rotation, its a matter of pressing ogcds as they come up, exception salted earth which if there's adds, you want to time at least one of those for that pack; so for example, on a10s i would use salted earth every GCD on the boss, avoid using it on the scrapline add, and make sure i save it for the three add trash pack

This is really good information, and I appreciate it.

I tend to play Paladin for Savage and Extreme content (in Sophia mostly because I can cheese a tankbuster and a few tilts), but I like to take my Dark Knight into 4 man stuff. I've been wanting to take DRK into Creator Savage for a while now, but I'm always worried that keeping Grit dropped for the whole fight would lead to me dying more.

My other concern is for tank swaps, like the A10 swaps, with a Warrior co-tank. The way we're handling them right now is that for the first two we'll pop our deathless cooldowns when we get marked for the line damage to keep DPS up, but I'm afraid if I don't have grit up when it's my turn to go in I won't be able to grab hate back when it's my turn, with both the Warrior and I using hate combos. Is this something DRKs in Savage can shed some light on?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Moldy Taxes posted:

My other concern is for tank swaps, like the A10 swaps, with a Warrior co-tank. The way we're handling them right now is that for the first two we'll pop our deathless cooldowns when we get marked for the line damage to keep DPS up, but I'm afraid if I don't have grit up when it's my turn to go in I won't be able to grab hate back when it's my turn, with both the Warrior and I using hate combos. Is this something DRKs in Savage can shed some light on?

my static is still learning a10s (we're on phase 3 / high 20% tho!) and until we get comfortable with it, i've been turning grit on right before the tankswaps and dropping it afterwards

the first tankswap/prey comes after the inout/outin mechanic, and i leave grit on because you're hit with a mild tankbuster and then a strong tankbuster immediately after. the second prey swap i grit for aggro, and then drop it because he does not tankbuster during it and goes into double charge iirc

also we don't pop deathless cds because we're using it just in case for the fire whirlwind attack, so our dps is slower than yours is probably

e: also dropping grit takes time to get used to, not just for you but your healers as well. popping cooldowns in anticipation of big damage is the biggest part of non-grit tanking

e2: also for add heavy fights like a9s, you can really make use of sea urchin (abyssal drain) for good dps padding combined with salted earth, just make sure bloodprice is running and stop spamming it at ~50% mana just in case

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 21, 2016

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Hey friends, my static is currently recruiting a whm or ast to fill out our roster. We are currently working on a11s but are willing and able to drag your dumb dead body through a9s and a10s. All you need to do is play your class decently well and be able to get along with 7 other chill dudes and you too can be a part of the Bad News Bears of Eorzea

Raid schedule and times can be found in our thread. Interested peeps should either post in it or hit up either Holli Would or Mara Driss in game.
http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27625

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is there a site that's up to date on creating crafting grocery lists? FFXIVCrafting doesn't have the i250 gear listed yet.

Mrs.Nameko
Dec 16, 2015

Mushrooms are the internet of the forest!
Pray, I have learned something about men today...

:stare:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Tom Of Thanalan

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Augus posted:

One dumb thing about Dragoon is that learning the Lv. 58 skill literally does nothing but make playing it that much more complicated with zero benefit. Hopefully this is one of the "less useful skills" they plan on addressing with Stormblood.

Addressing less useful skills and reducing skill bloat is maybe the thing about Stormblood I'm most excited for, next to Red Mage. It's something every MMORPG of this type has to deal with eventually, and I'm glad they're doing it after one expansion instead of letting things balloon even more. "More buttons" does not necessarily equal more fun or even more meaningfully complex. It's a thing WoW learned and it's a much better game for it, so seeing FFXIV follow suit makes me happy.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Give all the extra buttons to machinist. Make them have to channel Rachmaninov

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Velthice posted:

Hey friends, my static is currently recruiting a whm or ast to fill out our roster. We are currently working on a11s but are willing and able to drag your dumb dead body through a9s and a10s. All you need to do is play your class decently well and be able to get along with 7 other chill dudes and you too can be a part of the Bad News Bears of Eorzea

Raid schedule and times can be found in our thread. Interested peeps should either post in it or hit up either Holli Would or Mara Driss in game.

holli would is a cool duder and if you're at all interested in healing savage you should give this group a try

Harrow posted:

Addressing less useful skills and reducing skill bloat is maybe the thing about Stormblood I'm most excited for, next to Red Mage. It's something every MMORPG of this type has to deal with eventually, and I'm glad they're doing it after one expansion instead of letting things balloon even more. "More buttons" does not necessarily equal more fun or even more meaningfully complex. It's a thing WoW learned and it's a much better game for it, so seeing FFXIV follow suit makes me happy.

same, i would also be interested in them taking some ability effects and combining them with other, existing abilities, especially for extremely button heavy classes

i like the involved play of drk but sometimes when i dont want to hit all the buttons, playing warrior is just more relaxing

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Every time I see an invite to a reasonably cool goon static, I remember that I work 40 hours a week and play european hours and then I cry.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

also, your opener is a huge deal

the standard boss opener if you are offtanking is this:

http://ffxivrotations.com/bjy

darkside on > dark arts prepull at ~3 seconds > pull with unmend > bloodweapon (OGCD) > hard slash > potion > siphon strike > carve and spit (OGCD) > dark arts (OGCD)> souleater > low blow (OGCD) > plunge (OGCD) > scourge > dark passenger (OGCD) > salted earth (OGCD) > hard slash > siphon strike > delirium

what i've been doing for the maintank version of that is replacing the opening souleater combo with enmity combo, then replacing delirium combo with souleater combo, but keeping the OGCD order the same. i feel this can be optimized more, but i need to play around with it

once your opener is out and you're settled into your rotation, its a matter of pressing ogcds as they come up, exception salted earth which if there's adds, you want to time at least one of those for that pack; so for example, on a10s i would use salted earth every GCD on the boss, avoid using it on the scrapline add, and make sure i save it for the three add trash pack

I think you should use Scourge as your first GCD instead of starting your combo since it's your highest potency GCD attack by a long shot. Also you should have enough MP at the start to do like 3 or 4 DA Souleaters in a row, which is pretty good in the opener when all the party buffs are up. Getting Carve and Spit on cooldown is also pretty important, and I think you can delay blood weapon for a bit or you run the risk of wasting MP.

e: I think I'd rather do something like this: http://ffxivrotations.com/bkc

But I don't main DRK so I could be completely wrong.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 21, 2016

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Every time I see an invite to a reasonably cool goon static, I remember that I work 40 hours a week and play european hours and then I cry.

At least you work European hours too?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Fister Roboto posted:

I think you should use Scourge as your first GCD instead of starting your combo since it's your highest potency GCD attack by a long shot. Also you should have enough MP at the start to do like 3 or 4 DA Souleaters in a row, which is pretty good in the opener when all the party buffs are up. Getting Carve and Spit on cooldown is also pretty important, and I think you can delay blood weapon for a bit or you run the risk of wasting MP.

i actually thought this way too when i was toying around with it, but by delaying your scourge you're getting a DA CAS and a DA souleater right away, which is more important when lining up with balance / battle litany / other team buffs, as well as with scourge immediately afterwards

starting with scourge you lose that benefit on it, and that's a dps loss (i don't have the log to prove it since im at work, but i did math it out a few weeks ago)

spamming da souleater is a real good way to burn your mp, i'm pretty sure you can't fit DA CAS + DA SE 3/4 times without going mana dry (DA is 1768 mana at 60, iirc you have at max 6950 mp, so you're looking at, reasonably, 3 DA uses, and don't forget the entire time this is happening, darkside is ticking away your MP), and you run a real big risk of not having enough mana for DA dark dance, DA dark passenger, or dropping darkside

in a 3 minute parse on a9s i am comfortably sitting at ~70% mana the entire fight using the rotation i posted before, so i'm never just sitting on mana; if you have mana to burn, you can do a double DA souleater combo, but you drop delirium which is a problem if you don't have a monk, and if you're main tank dpsing, you would have to sub out a threat combo, which can put you at risk of losing aggro assuming your party members are good

also looking at your rotation, you are spacing your ogcds out one at a time instead of two at a time, so your opening burst (where most party buffs are coming into effect) is going to be lower and there's no potion...

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 21, 2016

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

At least you work European hours too?

The european hours I work are also the european hours I am not playing FF14 though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

:same: :(

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

i actually thought this way too when i was toying around with it, but by delaying your scourge you're getting a DA CAS and a DA souleater right away, which is more important when lining up with balance / battle litany / other team buffs, as well as with scourge immediately afterwards

starting with scourge you lose that benefit on it, and that's a dps loss (i don't have the log to prove it since im at work, but i did math it out a few weeks ago)

spamming da souleater is a real good way to burn your mp, i'm pretty sure you can't fit DA CAS + DA SE 3/4 times without going mana dry (DA is 1768 mana at 60), and you run a real big risk of not having enough mana for DA dark dance, DA dark passenger, or dropping darkside

in a 3 minute parse on a9s i am comfortably sitting at ~70% mana the entire fight using the rotation i posted before, so i'm never just sitting on mana; if you have mana to burn, you can do a double DA souleater combo, but you drop delirium which is a problem if you don't have a monk, and if you're main tank dpsing, you would have to sub out a threat combo, which can put you at risk of losing aggro assuming your party members are good

DA CAS and DA SE are 450 and 400 potency respectively. Scourge is 500. Why would you want to delay Scourge for a DA SE? Especially since you can easily fit both of them in while buffs are up. I guess if you're with a ninja, since Trick Attack won't be up until a few GCDs into the fight. But otherwise I don't see any good reason to delay it at all. What am I missing here?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Fister Roboto posted:

DA CAS and DA SE are 450 and 400 potency respectively. Scourge is 500. Why would you want to delay Scourge for a DA SE? Especially since you can easily fit both of them in while buffs are up. I guess if you're with a ninja, since Trick Attack won't be up until a few GCDs into the fight. But otherwise I don't see any good reason to delay it at all. What am I missing here?

because in the rotation above, you are doing, from siphon strike to souleater, a DA CAS and a DA SE in between the gcd; when you use scourge immediately afterwards, and maximizing a potion benefit; if you potion prepull, you are wasting a few seconds which = a few gcds and ogcds, and it's not getting the benefit of party buffs which, while i don't play dps, i have noticed that a lot of them pop up ~8 seconds into the fight or around there, so scourge is missing out on those benefits as well

also, keep in mind that unless you're maintanking, your mana regen is entirely up to siphon strike and blood weapon; popping it later instead of early on delays when you can use it again, which again, if you're doing 3/4 DA actions in a row, you are mana dry at that point, and for fights like a9s where you have to contend with adds, you're putting extra strain on your healers and missing potential ogcds in reprisal by not using DA dark dance, or having to burn a good ogcd defensive that you could save for faust (because you are doing adds without grit, to maximize dps). CAS, SE, Scourge, etc all benefit from blood weapon, so popping it on pull allows you to use your big dick damage moves, maximize your potion, get team effects, and regain mana at a great clip

the only thing i think your rotation gets right is salted earth does come earlier, the more i think about it, outside of add heavy fights, the more it makes sense, because its similar to blood weapon in that the later you use it, the less effect it has on being on the field

however, i am going to try your rotation and take a parse / video it so i can test it without dismissing it outright tonight

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 21, 2016

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Harrow posted:

Yeah there's a lot about Stormblood that excites me and this is definitely one of them. It feels like as things are right now that rotations encourage tunnel vision way too much and it's a huge barrier in the way of fun mechanics-heavy fights.
Stuff like Blood of the Dragon that are pivotal mechanics for their jobs having their own counter on display, instead of being lumped in with the rest of your buffs, is gonna be a great change too.

Augus fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 21, 2016

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

because in the rotation above, you are doing, from siphon strike to souleater, a DA CAS and a DA SE in between the gcd; when you use scourge immediately afterwards, and maximizing a potion benefit; if you potion prepull, you are wasting a few seconds which = a few gcds and ogcds, and it's not getting the benefit of party buffs which, while i don't play dps, i have noticed that a lot of them pop up ~8 seconds into the fight or around there, so scourge is missing out on those benefits as well

also, keep in mind that unless you're maintanking, your mana regen is entirely up to siphon strike and blood weapon; popping it later instead of early on delays when you can use it again, which again, if you're doing 3/4 DA actions in a row, you are mana dry at that point, and for fights like a9s where you have to contend with adds, you're putting extra strain on your healers and missing potential ogcds in reprisal by not using DA dark dance, or having to burn a good ogcd defensive that you could save for faust (because you are doing adds without grit, to maximize dps). CAS, SE, Scourge, etc all benefit from blood weapon, so popping it on pull allows you to use your big dick damage moves, maximize your potion, get team effects, and regain mana at a great clip

the only thing i think your rotation gets right is salted earth does come earlier, the more i think about it, outside of add heavy fights, the more it makes sense, because its similar to blood weapon in that the later you use it, the less effect it has on being on the field

however, i am going to try your rotation and take a parse / video it so i can test it without dismissing it outright tonight

You're right, I completely forgot about potions. Duh!

KindRain
Mar 30, 2011
If you drop tank stance on trash, make sure that you aren't costing the healer damage. For dungeon bosses it doesn't matter, the healing is so light you won't cost them anything.

Wars should be cooperative about their hate combo since it's a massive loss to force plds/drks to use theirs/tank stance. Our war does eye -> eye on tank swaps. Toggling grit costs you a DA/gcd plus the 20% tank stance penalty, whereas the war is losing only 20 potency vs BB.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Fister Roboto posted:

You're right, I completely forgot about potions. Duh!

not a problem, it's actually something im going to put into the video to explain, because it's a very good question and i had to think about it for a second!

KindRain posted:

If you drop tank stance on trash, make sure that you aren't costing the healer damage. For dungeon bosses it doesn't matter, the healing is so light you won't cost them anything.

Wars should be cooperative about their hate combo since it's a massive loss to force plds/drks to use theirs/tank stance. Our war does eye -> eye on tank swaps. Toggling grit costs you a DA/gcd plus the 20% tank stance penalty, whereas the war is losing only 20 potency vs BB.

i wish i had a war to do this with, my static is PLD/DRK

sorry can't even, no offense, warriors are just real good :(

can't even is good at pld so it kind of offsets it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Velthice posted:

Is the schedule in the OP of that thread still accurate? I'm a pretty OK ish AST/MNK but I can't say whether or not I'd dig 2 hrs a night 3 nights a week anymore (as much as I want to, but I quit raiding back in WotLK days for a reason)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 21, 2016

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Augus posted:

Yeah there's a lot about Stormblood that excites me and this is definitely one of them. It feels like as things are right now that rotations encourage tunnel vision way too much and it's a huge barrier in the way of fun mechanics-heavy fights.
Stuff like Blood of the Dragon that are pivotal mechanics for their jobs having their own counter on display, instead of being lumped in with the rest of your buffs, is gonna be a great change too.

Oh yeah, I forgot about pivotal buffs like that having their own display. That's going to be fantastic. Anything that helps me focus on my character and the fight going on around him instead of buff/cooldown timers is going to be a really welcome change.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i know its either a) coming or b) being worked on but i would really like to mod the game to where things like ogcd timers show up with bigger icon displays, at this point its almost muscle memory but learning drk was a real big pain

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Give all the extra buttons to machinist. Make them have to channel Rachmaninov

You're a monster.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Since we're all excited about stormblood, I hope they address stat bloat sooner than later. I had 8K HP at 50, I have 35K now, so I'll expect 100K at 70. Half a mil during the next expo. Big numbers are cool and all, but when they grow this fast it's basically meaningless.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

Is the schedule in the OP of that thread still accurate? I'm a pretty OK ish AST/MNK but I can't say whether or not I'd dig 2 hrs a night 3 nights a week anymore (as much as I want to, but I quit raiding back in WotLK days for a reason)

yes all the days and times are accurate. I'm sure we have a little wiggle room with the schedule as far as the days we run, but right now the group is pretty happy with the 3 days a week gig. if you wanna dip your toes in and run with us a week or two and see if it's your bag you're welcome to and of course if it turns out you don't you're welcome to leave with no pressure

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

i know its either a) coming or b) being worked on but i would really like to mod the game to where things like ogcd timers show up with bigger icon displays, at this point its almost muscle memory but learning drk was a real big pain

Honestly the most useful mods for drawing my eye back to the fight itself as opposed to my cooldown bars in every raiding game that ever existed was one that allowed me to set audio queues for just about anything.

In Wildstar (lol I know) I had an addon that would ping a unique sound when a buff/dot was at 5 seconds, then a louder version of that same tone at two seconds. Mega useful, once I set it up I literally never looked at my buffs again which was really handy in that game because NOT looking at mechanics on the screen was a raid wiper. Getting people away from looking at buffs/hotbars frees you up to do more interesting mechanics for boss fights which is literally (Aside from housing) the only place where that game shined.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Since we're all excited about stormblood, I hope they address stat bloat sooner than later. I had 8K HP at 50, I have 35K now, so I'll expect 100K at 70. Half a mil during the next expo. Big numbers are cool and all, but when they grow this fast it's basically meaningless.

Is a stat crush the best way to deal with this? Doesn't WoW have some sort of thing that buffs you when you go back to "old" zones?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
WoW was hitting 32 bit integer overflows, and had to crunch stats.

I don't think inflating your stats in old zones would really help anything, because I want to avoid having a million HP, with minor stat increases in the thousands.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Agreed. Though for me, I think it's because anything over 30k or so just won't feel "Final Fantasy" to me. Hell, if you'd asked me before FFXIII, I'd have said anything over 9999 would've felt wrong (even with FFX's Break HP Limit). FFXIII lets you easily reach 30k with some characters so I guess that's sort of normalized for me now, but having like 500k HP just won't feel right in a Final Fantasy game if it gets there.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Is a stat crush the best way to deal with this? Doesn't WoW have some sort of thing that buffs you when you go back to "old" zones?

WoW did a stat crunch a couple of expansions ago. Honestly I think it might be due for one again in an expansion or two.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
it's me, i'm the one that wants to see salted earth tick for 10k each tick

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
...there's an idea. Rescale every expansion so that at the end, you're staring at 9999 damage per attack, and when you go back to do "old" content, get a Break HP Limit buff that lets you go above that.'

In any case, if WoW was running into int overflows what, five expansions in? I think FFXIV will be fine for a while.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Just saw this. I can't really think of an appropriate comment to this, so i'm just gonna leave this here:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

You talking about the buffs or the cooldowns themselves?
For keeping track of the actual cooldowns you can put them onto separate hotbars, change your settings so unused hotbar slots are invisible, set that hotbar to the maximum size, and then put them where you want on the screen. It's really helpful for me because I use a controller and so I can't fit all of my OGCDs on one screen together at once.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm always conflicted about level cap increases and stat bloat in MMORPG expansions.

On the one hand, I really appreciate Guild Wars 2's "never increase the level cap" approach, if only because it stops the numbers from getting comically huge. You could never go back to old areas and one-shot enemies so hard you killed them a hundred times over, even without the game's automatic level scaling.

But at the same time, getting new gear is fun, and there's only so much a game can do to keep proving you with new gear that's interesting in ways beyond having higher numbers. In general I really love equipment with unique effects--I'm thinking Destiny's exotics--but they don't really provide a sense of progression, and I have to admit that I like a sense of progression. Constant progression does mean you're eventually going to hit stupidly-high numbers, though, which is one of the downsides. And shallower progression risks making new content too difficult to balance--you either balance so tightly that it's too difficult, or so loosely that good players roll through it with "outdated" gear--or devaluing new gear.

One thing I can say for sure about stats: I hope Accuracy goes away. Stat taxes are no fun.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 21, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Harrow posted:

One thing I can say for sure about stats: I hope Accuracy goes away. Stat taxes are no fun.

Even WoW did away with accuracy mechanics, bless their hearts. Actually I'll go out on a limb and say that despite not wanting to play the game anymore just because I've been playing it forever: A lot of the gem/stat/enchantment changes they have made have been spot on. Upgrades ARE actually upgrades and you can generally slap a new piece of armor on directly after getting it without having to take it to the AH and pour money all over it first.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Even WoW did away with accuracy mechanics, bless their hearts. Actually I'll go out on a limb and say that despite not wanting to play the game anymore just because I've been playing it forever: A lot of the gem/stat/enchantment changes they have made have been spot on. Upgrades ARE actually upgrades and you can generally slap a new piece of armor on directly after getting it without having to take it to the AH and pour money all over it first.

Yeah, agreed. Though at this point with the way they treat Strength, Agility, and Intellect on armor as fully interchangeable--as in, if you change specs to one with another primary stat, the primary stat on your armor changes to suit--they might as well just merge it all into one stat called "Power" or something. I know some people are longing for reforging to come back because of how much of a pain it can be to find gear upgrades with the right secondary stat combinations, but overall things are much better now than they've ever been.

I'd love FFXIV to make some steps in that direction. The stat-swapping isn't really strictly necessary, but dropping Accuracy would be a fantastic step and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see that happen with Stormblood, given the focus on streamlining. I'd also love to see gear with unique effects and procs beyond just more numbers (at least, I don't think FFXIV has anything like that, unless Heavensward added some). WoW has new legendaries that have a bunch of really neat effects; to be fair it's also a total mess balance-wise right now, but it's still a fun idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Augus posted:

You talking about the buffs or the cooldowns themselves?
For keeping track of the actual cooldowns you can put them onto separate hotbars, change your settings so unused hotbar slots are invisible, set that hotbar to the maximum size, and then put them where you want on the screen. It's really helpful for me because I use a controller and so I can't fit all of my OGCDs on one screen together at once.

wow i actually never thought about doing this, gonna do it when i get home, thank you!

• Locked thread