Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

mods probe this renegade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
this is really cool, but also kind of :nws: https://open_nsfw.gitlab.io/ (the url tag doesn't work with that? thanks, radium)

here are some of the safe-for-work examples from above:

also these is a link from that page to this: http://www.evolvingai.org/synthesizing

that has these images:

Wheany fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Oct 21, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao at the concert pictures

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

vOv posted:

i always thought it was kinda funny how 'dijkstra' has 'ijk' in it

I tried to start a rumor in college that we use ijk in loops out of respect for Dijkstra's effort to get people to use structured programming.

We don't use D/i/j because you don't capitalize variable names

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i was at ECCV last week and computer vision is getting loving crazy

full 3d models of common objects from a single image? 3 posters that i saw doing this very thing

csi ENHANCE style high detail faces from blurry images? you got it

want to analyse the facial expression of every person in a crowd, simultaneously and in real time? two companies demoing their off-the-shelf product which does just that

plus hyperspectral imaging from rgb photos, ever better detection, tracking and classification of anything and everything, networks that can classify a scene from ambient sound, robots that learn objects by touch, cnns loving everywhere, person identification from images with blacked-out faced...

i mean i know it's a conference and everyone is showing off their best-case, hand selected, "we beat the state of the art", hide the flaws data. but still half the poo poo on show was complete scifi ten or even five years ago. never mind telling the difference between a dog and a cat, these days it's all about predicting the name of the cat and whether it prefers felix or whiskers, all from a corrupted sample image of its arse

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Are you following Prosthetic Knowledge, there's always a new :eyepop: post in the realm of computer learning to make you go omg

lol @ the latest post, automatic realtime head baldening of Trump in the last debate.

Graff
May 10, 2012

big scary monsters posted:

i was at ECCV last week and computer vision is getting loving crazy

full 3d models of common objects from a single image? 3 posters that i saw doing this very thing

csi ENHANCE style high detail faces from blurry images? you got it

want to analyse the facial expression of every person in a crowd, simultaneously and in real time? two companies demoing their off-the-shelf product which does just that

plus hyperspectral imaging from rgb photos, ever better detection, tracking and classification of anything and everything, networks that can classify a scene from ambient sound, robots that learn objects by touch, cnns loving everywhere, person identification from images with blacked-out faced...

i mean i know it's a conference and everyone is showing off their best-case, hand selected, "we beat the state of the art", hide the flaws data. but still half the poo poo on show was complete scifi ten or even five years ago. never mind telling the difference between a dog and a cat, these days it's all about predicting the name of the cat and whether it prefers felix or whiskers, all from a corrupted sample image of its arse

this is pretty cool, but whats the conference swag like?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i got a couple of t-shirts, coupon for a free canal cruise, a really lovely laser pen from facebook, an umbrella and some tictacs from amazon (apparently on the first day they were giving away those external phone charger batteries too), a bunch of dutch sweets and liquorice

so not great overall, catering was good though. at the conference dinner they'd hired some actors to portray rembrandt's night watch for all the chinese academics to get their photos taken with. i've rarely seen such sour faced dutchmen lol

Graff
May 10, 2012

i got a couple of t-shirts, coupon for a free canal cruise, a really lovely laser pen from facebook, an umbrella and some tictacs from amazon (apparently on the first day they were giving away those external phone charger batteries too), a bunch of dutch sweets and liquorice

so not great overall, catering was good though. at the conference dinner they'd hired some actors to portray rembrandt's night watch for all the chinese academics to get their photos taken with. i've rarely seen such sour faced dutchmen lol

my girlfriend went to sfn and all i got was this lousy rubber brain

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i was also promised a 3d rendering of my head by a company demoing their fast, handheld 3d scanner but it hasn't showed up yet

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

rotating 3d skull gifs have come so far

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

akadajet posted:

rotating 3d skull gifs have come so far

see our fothcoming paper at siggraph asia '16 for more details

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

i was also promised a 3d rendering of my head by a company demoing their fast, handheld 3d scanner but it hasn't showed up yet

skeleton jelly reboot looks awesome

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

ADINSX posted:

I tried to start a rumor in college that we use ijk in loops out of respect for Dijkstra's effort to get people to use structured programming.

We don't use D/i/j because you don't capitalize variable names

this is p good

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

epipen posted:

friday night fucker mothers

hell yeh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUfoqCESHic

Graff
May 10, 2012

epipen posted:

friday night fucker mothers

same

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Are you following Prosthetic Knowledge, there's always a new :eyepop: post in the realm of computer learning to make you go omg

lol @ the latest post, automatic realtime head baldening of Trump in the last debate.

it's an excellent blog

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

I'll be bony tony

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Cat Face Joe posted:

I'll be bony tony

god dammit he was supposed to be mine

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006

HEY NONG MAN posted:

you'll have to be gay blade

Graff
May 10, 2012

MSPain posted:

ahem

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

HEY NONG MAN posted:

MSPain posted:

i figured everyone would want to be gay blade

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Frito-Lay Gay Blade

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sagebrush posted:

don't a lot of these "4k" demos nowadays rely on dozens of megabytes of shader and macro microcode on the graphics hardware

and the older ones relied on just megabytes of external stuff, and the even older ones were relying on usually 64 kb or more of that stuff at least

if you want a "pure" 4k demo you'd pretty much need to build a new system or hit up some poo poo like a pdp 11

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
anyone got the python don't thread on me pic? its for a project

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:eyepop:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cat Face Joe posted:

i figured everyone would want to be gay blade

i'm sure some of you are too young (or too sensible) to be aware of this film

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

prefect posted:

i'm sure some of you are too young (or too sensible) to be aware of this film

im extremely aware of this. it's my oldest friend's favorite

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Power Ambient posted:

anyone got the python don't thread on me pic? its for a project

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

now I am haaahahaha

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

What else would you do on "Little Smegma"?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZtOFNrHdME

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Azalea, a 19-year-old female chimpanzee whose Korean name is "Dallae," smokes a cigarette at the Central Zoo in Pyongyang, North Korea, on October 19, 2016. According to officials at the newly renovated zoo, the chimpanzee smokes about a pack a day. They insist, however, that she doesn’t inhale.

This April 24, 2016 image made available by NOAA shows a bioluminescent jellyfish during a deepwater exploration of the Marianas Trench Marine National Monument area in the Pacific Ocean near Guam and Saipan. Dives in the expedition ranged from 250 to 6,000 meters (820 feet to 3.7 miles) deep.

The head of a rat pokes through a hole in the bottom of a garbage can, where it became stuck, in Brooklyn, New York, on October 18, 2016. A paramedic on the scene was able to free the rat.

prefect fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 21, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

KoRMaK posted:

oh that reminds me, how do you pronounce

Dijkstra
with hard g

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Cat Face Joe posted:

I'll be bony tony
hosed up imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

What else would you do on "Little Smegma"?

apparently the hello game devs have just disappeared completely

• Locked thread