Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Someone commented on a friend's Facebook status that Clinton "lost 6 billion dollars" as Secretary of State. Does anyone know what he's talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

The more I find out about this woman, the more heinous she becomes.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

ZDar Fan posted:

Someone commented on a friend's Facebook status that Clinton "lost 6 billion dollars" as Secretary of State. Does anyone know what he's talking about?

This thing from last night's debate: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/20/donald-trump/trump-wrongly-says-6-billion-went-missing-state-de/

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Special Report dedicated a few minutes to this talking point, then spent 30 seconds at the end explaining why it was total bullshit so they could claim "Fair and Balance".. but why even bring it up if you know it's bs?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

And it still takes 30 minutes for an ICBM to travel from Russia to the US, it doesn't loving change anything.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
if someone launches nuclear weapons at you there's not a whole lot you can do except launch some back at them

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Goatman Sacks posted:

Special Report dedicated a few minutes to this talking point, then spent 30 seconds at the end explaining why it was total bullshit so they could claim "Fair and Balance".. but why even bring it up if you know it's bs?

Hell Glenn Beck went on a tangent this morning describing how the 4 minute response has been known since Carter was President.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

muike posted:

if someone launches nuclear weapons at you there's not a whole lot you can do except launch some back at them

Arguably you could decide not to and save at least a part of humanity, but yeah, that's why the 30 minutes is important; once a launch is detected the crews can get the counterattack launched and still have time for a quick lunch before armageddon. It's the key part of why no one's tried a sneak nuke launch yet.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

This dude was literally meeting with Foreign nationals and had tons of photos of his sub's engine room.

When he learned they were onto him, he smashed his laptop and buried it in the woods.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'd like to learn more about this double coupon day where I can freely sexually assault women

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
The coupons are also known as a flight ticket to Thailand, name of Limbaugh, Rush; and the 20 you hand to the man at the door.

You know which one.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Even the Pope says that babies who die before birth go directly to Heaven now instead of floating around in Limbo, so I don't see what the issue is.

First case, they either go directly to eternal bliss or they just stop existing.
Second case, they get born, which if they can feel pain like the pro-lifers say must be excruciating, have 1-100 years of bullshit, and might gently caress up and end up in eternal damnation (or maybe just stop existing again).

The more they talk, the less the religious right manage to sell me on the benefits of case #2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD0djqbR04I

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guavanaut posted:

Even the Pope says that babies who die before birth go directly to Heaven now instead of floating around in Limbo, so I don't see what the issue is.

First case, they either go directly to eternal bliss or they just stop existing.
Second case, they get born, which if they can feel pain like the pro-lifers say must be excruciating, have 1-100 years of bullshit, and might gently caress up and end up in eternal damnation (or maybe just stop existing again).

The more they talk, the less the religious right manage to sell me on the benefits of case #2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD0djqbR04I

I read a short story once about a preacher who buys a robot. They start having philosophical discussions and they come to the conclusion that robots don't have souls but maybe they could earn them by good deeds. Then a kid dies in the parish and they have a discussion as to whether or not kids get into heaven when they don't understand the tenets of the religion which leads to the preacher talking about how kids just default get in. The robot then takes all these facts like it doesn't have a soul, it could earn one by doing good deeds, going to heaven is good and kids automatically go to heaven to just start murdering babies.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

OxySnake posted:

Hell Glenn Beck went on a tangent this morning describing how the 4 minute response has been known since Carter was President.

This whole "Hilary Clinton is exposing military secrets by telling us her plan" is probably the smartest thing Trump has done. It's still dumb as all hell but to your average voter its covering his rear end over the fact that he doesn't have a plan while simultaneously making her look bad for having one.

It'd be genius if i wasn't so sure he didnt really even intend it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Pro-lifers could get a lot more traction if they went in the other direction toward reducing/eliminating abortion, you know, providing more comprehensive sex ed, better programs to help single mothers, increased funding to the public school system, stuff like that. I'm sure abortions would go down in number over time.

ChristopherRobin
Feb 27, 2011

Corgis with attitude.

Do we do articles? Because this one is a doozy.

https://thestate.xyz/2016/08/29/what-if-only-taxpayers-could-vote/

To save you an mind numbing read, it's basically saying we should repeal the 24th amendment, except it appears the writer and the comments have no idea the 24th amendment even exists. Weird, considering conservatives pride themselves on knowing the constitution.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
They also have no idea about the Southern Strategy or the mid-20th century realignment between the Dixiecrats and the Republican party.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Helen Highwater posted:

They also have no idea about the Southern Strategy or the mid-20th century realignment between the Dixiecrats and the Republican party.

They know all about how the Southern Strategy is a liberal/progressive FUD campaign to deflect from the fact that Democrats are the real racists.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Meanwhile Trump is basically Bizarro Lee Atwater in that he takes all GOP talking points and reveals the subtext nobody is supposed to discuss in public.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

It's almost like he lost a primary election or something. Weird.

For fairness, I'll take a stab at this game too.

Ted Cruz before endorsement of Donald Trump:

Ted Cruz after endorsement of Donald Trump:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

xergm posted:

It's almost like he lost a primary election or something. Weird.

For fairness, I'll take a stab at this game too.

Ted Cruz before endorsement of Donald Trump:

Ted Cruz after endorsement of Donald Trump:

All I see is a disgusting homunculus ineffectively trying to pose as a real boy in both pictures. What am I missing?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
that picture of zodiac killer phonebanking for trump will never not be funny

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Duterte is an actual mad man and his decision to go against political alliances is nothing but him gaining short term publicity and sacrificing long term political good will.

gently caress him. I hope he gets ousted.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Wait, electing a foul-mouthed dictator who will quickly align with Russia...is bad?!

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

So.... the USA should have close ties with the world's newest deranged murderous dictator, ignoring that he has sworn to kill millions of his own citizens with his death squads?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

BarbarianElephant posted:

So.... the USA should have close ties with the world's newest deranged murderous dictator, ignoring that he has sworn to kill millions of his own citizens with his death squads?

Sounds right up their alley honestly.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

ChristopherRobin posted:

To save you an mind numbing read, it's basically saying we should repeal the 24th amendment, except it appears the writer and the comments have no idea the 24th amendment even exists. Weird, considering conservatives pride themselves on knowing the constitution.

Reminder that Republicans started off a recent congressional session by reading Are Constitution in full, just because that's a patriotic and same and normal thing to do in their minds.

For some reason, they skipped over the part about enslaved negroes counting as 3/5 of a vote for their masters though??? Weird thing to gloss over, I guess they were slipped one of those politically correct Obama edition constitutions.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

sweart gliwere posted:

Reminder that Republicans started off a recent congressional session by reading Are Constitution in full, just because that's a patriotic and same and normal thing to do in their minds.

For some reason, they skipped over the part about enslaved negroes counting as 3/5 of a vote for their masters though??? Weird thing to gloss over, I guess they were slipped one of those politically correct Obama edition constitutions.

If I remember right, Democrats forced them to read that part too if they were going to do it.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Why would Clinton even want to start a war with Russia?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

OldMemes posted:

To turn America into a Muslim Caliphate, duh

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

OldMemes posted:

Because she's the puppet!

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Trump seems more likely to start a war, what with his utter inabilty to compromise, lack of tact and lust for nuclear weapons.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

This point and this line in the debate that Trump said there's no excuse made me so angry that I was basically fuming about it for the rest of the debate.

Late term abortions (those after 20-22 weeks) are usually people who either couldn't access abortion earlier or have had major life events like multiple deaths in their family or abuse from their partner.

But when we're talking about "late term" meaning extremely late into a pregnancy (and days before the baby was born is just called delivering the baby you asshat), these are WANTED babies you loving monster. You really think these women carried a child for 8+ months and then just decided "nah jk" at the last minute. These are women who are otherwise going to die or babies who are dead or dying and rather than having them born into excruciating pain these women have to make the hardest decision of their life and lose their child. These are people who have cribs put together and walls painted with ducks on them. Go gently caress yourself.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Asiina posted:

This point and this line in the debate that Trump said there's no excuse made me so angry that I was basically fuming about it for the rest of the debate.

Late term abortions (those after 20-22 weeks) are usually people who either couldn't access abortion earlier or have had major life events like multiple deaths in their family or abuse from their partner.

But when we're talking about "late term" meaning extremely late into a pregnancy (and days before the baby was born is just called delivering the baby you asshat), these are WANTED babies you loving monster. You really think these women carried a child for 8+ months and then just decided "nah jk" at the last minute. These are women who are otherwise going to die or babies who are dead or dying and rather than having them born into excruciating pain these women have to make the hardest decision of their life and lose their child. These are people who have cribs put together and walls painted with ducks on them. Go gently caress yourself.

One of my dreams is for the stink of the absolute depravity of the Trump campaign to stick to some of the other conservative issues since they are all similarly morally bankrupt. Anti-abortion people that parrot these lines are at absolute best so divorced from the realities of the issue they believe that women getting abortions are treating it like they have having a toe-nail removed and at worst just want to punish immoral sex-having women.

"Let's see Trump is a lying conman that wants to punish all foreigners, treats women like objects, breaks the law when he wants, doesn't pay taxes, and is an all around piece of poo poo that care only about himself. But yeah he really cares about making sure babies are safe. :downs:"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Asiina posted:

i kind of understand rabid anti-abortion people - there's a human impulse to protect and cherish children, and this impulse can easily be attached to hatred of others to morph into a disdain for baby murderers because you honestly think some people get their kicks from that. i mean, i get it. look at the comment section of any news article about a tragic child death to see a bunch of suburban moms pretty much break out the pitchforks and call for heads. it's dumb as hell but i get it

trump, though, is only saying all this in a desperate appeal to those anti-abortion nuts. gently caress him forever

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

boner confessor posted:

trump, though, is only saying all this in a desperate appeal to those anti-abortion nuts. gently caress him forever

Donald Trump is from a background that is OK with abortion (upper class New York.) He is not religious. He showed no previous interest in abortion, and has said things pro-Planned Parenthood in the past. He is a notorious, self-admitted womanizer. He has no fertility problems. Conclusion: At least one lover of his has had an abortion, probably with his knowledge and consent. It's really not that unusual to get an abortion. The chances that he has slept around for 50+ years and no lovers have had one is very low.

Either that or his missing tax records reveal a lot of payments for the raising of previously unknown children.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Asiina posted:

I'm definitely stealing this for anyone who posts this poo poo on my facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

boner confessor posted:

i kind of understand rabid anti-abortion people - there's a human impulse to protect and cherish children, and this impulse can easily be attached to hatred of others to morph into a disdain for baby murderers because you honestly think some people get their kicks from that. i mean, i get it. look at the comment section of any news article about a tragic child death to see a bunch of suburban moms pretty much break out the pitchforks and call for heads. it's dumb as hell but i get it

I shouldn't be surprised that Trump is taking the least nuanced position possible since that's been his M.O. for the whole campaign, but just for some reason this one got to me. I also understand the base impulse behind being anti-abortion, because if you strip away all the people who just want to punish women for having sex, there is still a terrible thing happening. A necessarily legal thing, but still terrible. There is an argument for trying to reduce the number of abortions through increased sex education and social support for pregnant women in difficult situations, but none of those arguments involve making claims that women are voluntarily having their babies ripped out of their wombs the day before they are born with the implication that they don't care at all.