Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

MilesK posted:

Does Ben actually have the right to sell digital copies of Wing Commander Academy in the form of animation cel scans?

Uhm... I don't know! That's interesting, and someone should probably contact Universal about it.

I mean, Cel galleries exist online, but they don't charge for access. So... I really don't know. If I wasn't so drat busy with event build up right now, I'd have a crack at chasing up the legalities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Man every time I look at a picture of the Freelancer I'm reminded how lovely most of the spaceship designs actually are in this spaceship game about spaceships.

In other news though I just bought a bunch of crap for my kitchen so I can perform mad science experiments on cocktails for the upcoming halloween party. Gonna be a good time. I'll share recipes when I work them out!

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Are CIG seriously doing another free flight thing? Do those even work anymore?

How many more people can they rope in with a lovely tech demo?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

However, my gut says selling copies of something that you don't own the IP to is a no-no.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Man every time I look at a picture of the Freelancer I'm reminded how lovely most of the spaceship designs actually are in this spaceship game about spaceships.

In other news though I just bought a bunch of crap for my kitchen so I can perform mad science experiments on cocktails for the upcoming halloween party. Gonna be a good time. I'll share recipes when I work them out!

Challenge: come up with a drink that tastes good and where one of the ingredients is salt. Not a lot of salt but not such a tiny pinch that it can't be tasted

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

BUT, also, it's Wig commandos the cartoon, something that less than a few dozen people care about.

Also, Universal sold the distro rights to these guys, who put out a box set in 2012, so the rights are still active...

http://www.visualentertainment.tv/

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I think, Ben's campaign page is trying to tell us something.

quote:

Where does all that money go?

All of the money will go to the purchase of the artwork

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
RSI Forums: Can we please stop with the myth "the game is already funded"!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Challenge: come up with a drink that tastes good and where one of the ingredients is salt. Not a lot of salt but not such a tiny pinch that it can't be tasted

Do margaritas count?

e: I mean there's a ton of cocktails where salt is involved, but it's usually on the glass. Bloody marys come to mind as well. I guess the question is does it have to be in the drink?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Not sure how you find these but they're really the best. :allears:

CIGs biggest enemy isn't a FUD campaign, it's CIGs inability to make a game. These posts don't help them make a game. Some overworked developer isn't eating cereal at his desk after another 16 hour crunch day reading that post and suddenly is becoming invigorated and sees the light.

Game is buggy. Game is impossible to make.

Derek, goons, FUD, that poster is half correct that none of them matter. We don't, Derek doesn't. It's that the game is impossible as advertised.

Why can nobody talk about the condition of the game in connection to the things the people they bring up are talking about? That's kind of the whole point.

Take out the reason these groups are talking and sure, it's crazy people going nuts! But add the reason in and the roles are kind of reversed. The people defending a non existent game with an impossible backlog and mechanics that encompass several dozen other FULL GAMES kind of makes it silly.

Look at the game guys! Look at the lists! Hell, they suddenly added in a pool game out of thin air. What do you seriously think is going to happen, goons, Derek and "FUD" aside?

I'm eager to know how it ends. :)

Also eager to see Star Citizen up against RDR2 since Rockstar may be the only ones capable of beating CIG. I'm sure it will be a real close race.

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 21, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm the six mentions of "FUD campaign"

i'm the on the nose username

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Do margaritas count?

e: I mean there's a ton of cocktails where salt is involved, but it's usually on the glass. Bloody marys come to mind as well. I guess the question is does it have to be in the drink?

Oh gently caress I forgot about that stuff. Updated challenge: required ingredient is ammonium chloride, popularly used in scandinavian salty liquorice candy

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Xaerael posted:

Uhm... I don't know! That's interesting, and someone should probably contact Universal about it.

I mean, Cel galleries exist online, but they don't charge for access. So... I really don't know. If I wasn't so drat busy with event build up right now, I'd have a crack at chasing up the legalities.

What kind of event?

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Sabreseven posted:

Off topic, but if anyone has a VR set up, have a go at Accounting http://store.steampowered.com/app/518580/, it's funny as gently caress and free.

DDG playthrough : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqKiNUeBiow

This is a riot.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Oh gently caress I forgot about that stuff. Updated challenge: required ingredient is ammonium chloride, popularly used in scandinavian salty liquorice candy

wikipedia posted:

Ammonium chloride gives salty liquorice an astringent, salty taste (hence the name), which has been described as "tongue-numbing" and "almost-stinging". Salty liquorice is an acquired taste and people not familiar with ammonium chloride might find the taste physically overwhelming and unlikeable.

paaaaaasssssssss

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

orcinus posted:

The only thing worse than that was a Logitech G15 (the very first version) i had that had the paint come off completely from most of the keys, leaving them looking like someone (unsuccessfully) sharpied transparent keycaps black.

My keycaps on the G15 were fine, but the LEDs started to give out. I did a ghetto replace with some ultrabright whites, but it was never the same, and the utility of the LCD screen was never realised. The G110 was slightly nicer without the display, but I'd already moved to Apple keyboards for work purposes, and the Corsair 'I have more money than sense' cherry click RGB monstrosity, mainly because color-cycling my keyboard is a strange and yet satisfying jam.

Lladre posted:

Get yourself a worse legal team so that you can post your nuclear weapons grade stuff. And then get them to actually sue you for slander so you can force them to reveal all their financials.

Libel. Slander is word of mouth.

Look, being British and ending up in Florida is a loving win. Like hands down. I'm not fond of Derek, but to classify ending up in the tropics as some kind of failure really misunderstands life near the arctic circle.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

paaaaaasssssssss

Ingredients: Sugar, liquorice, ammonium chloride.

:sweden:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

salty licorice sounds more disgusting than a shitizen's bedroom

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Well now you're not getting any :colbert:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

Also he is witnessing his personal hero be who he is. A dick. That's got to be hard to take after years.

But he's not much better, and custom built an abhorrent community. He gets to revel in his creations and lies.

They are perfectly matched.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

:same:

I've been trying to imagine the taste and it doesn't seem all that great.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Picklebacks seem to be the current rage if you want high salt intake.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

nomnomnom

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MeLKoR posted:

They are perfectly matched.

They are. :(

I can still put myself in his shoes at the beginning though, when all the hopes and dreams were more realistic and the project was logically scoped. He was working with his childhood hero. How cool is that?

He's upheld the company line and fostered a community initially "marginal". If the game had come out as Chris originally thought, like 2+ years ago, the community may not have turned into what it is now.

But they seeded it with elitism, where money made you powerful, fostered bad ideas and poor culture, and uplifted scumbags. Any and all criticism is bannable and not able to be openly spoken about. It's almost a textbook example of how not to set up a friendly and open community, where ideas and critics can not only live in harmony, but can help each other and the project. It's a mess.

CR also has no involvement with the community outside of selling things, but people think he's reading their love letters.

It'll either peter out after people have given all they'll give for nothing (or junk) in return, or it'll get hilariously violent.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

paaaaaasssssssss

Anything with pernod in it.

Spent a magical evening once with nothing but a bottle of Pernod. It tastes just as bad coming back up as going back down.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

EightAce posted:

Good news for Lazrin etc.

sq42 ep1 will be out in Feb of 2017 and looks awsome , apart from the AI , animation, UI and FPS elements
3.0 will be out around christmas or january at the very latest (Please note it may not contain all of the things Chris promised at Gamescom, or in fact any of what Chris promised at gamescom)
Star marine is very close and is just breathtaking. Some stuff has been dropped like all the Holo stuff and a lot of what you saw , in fact all of what you saw , and it may only be two levels .

Exciting time ahead

:smuggo:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Derek may be a dick but I really dont think he cares.
I would hardly be calling him unsuccessful if he drives an aston martin and a tesla, has a wife and family.
He puts out games and made a living off it.

I mean we arent talking about a used car saleman here (CR) or someone who lives off disability payments.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:geert:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

looks kinda good.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

:psyduck:

Off the top of my head they've released captain toad, splatoon, nintendoland, that crappy mii game, that baseball f2p thingy and nes remix this last generation, with a bunch of wii specific games for the wii before then

As I said, Splatoon was them breaking a general trend. Captain Toad and Nintendoland may as well be Mario spinoffs.

Those wii specific games, did any of them really take off or be memorable? Not really. Even wii fit is only remembered due to Smash Brothers now.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

paint chips are the best.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Charles Get-Out posted:

Wait lol whats left? Graphics?

Farming and drink mixing of course.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

So I just watched the lastest AtV, why the hell are they working in the demo<homestaed> environment as if it was the game?

Because i) they have put effort into it ii) it's the only planetary system they have; so it makes sense to continue building that and use it down the road. I think

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

intardnation posted:

Derek may be a dick but I really dont think he cares.
I would hardly be calling him unsuccessful if he drives an aston martin and a tesla, has a wife and family.
He puts out games and made a living off it.

I mean we arent talking about a used car saleman here (CR) or someone who lives off disability payments.

Making the "enemy" look more insignificant and pathetic than you is part of the mental steps in defeating him.

Somebody posted a great post about that somewhere earlier in this thread. It's very much like wartime propaganda, and what people do without even thinking of it.

Them admitting that Derek is highly successful even within his niche community and is living a great life in semi-retirement would cause them feelings of grief and insignificance themselves.

Can't have that since only their posts can help Star Citizen become an actual game. :)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

They are. :(

I can still put myself in his shoes at the beginning though, when all the hopes and dreams were more realistic and the project was logically scoped. He was working with his childhood hero. How cool is that?

He was already a terrible rear end in a top hat before this whole thing begun, his dreams are crumbling before his eye and I'm glad of it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

Making the "enemy" look more insignificant and pathetic than you is part of the mental steps in defeating him.

Somebody posted a great post about that somewhere earlier in this thread. It's very much like wartime propaganda, and what people do without even thinking of it.

Them admitting that Derek is highly successful even within his niche community and is living a great life in semi-retirement would cause them feelings of grief and insignificance themselves.

Can't have that since only their posts can help Star Citizen become an actual game. :)

Yup.

The irony is that, after all is said and done, they refuse to accept the simple fact that THEY were the ones who elevated me to the level of "Star Citizen Whisperer". I didn't have to do anything; other than write blogs, troll them on social media. They did all the work. And unlike CIG, I didn't have to pay anyone for promotion.

They're rear end-clowns who are not only outmatched, outclassed, but also, out there.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Just about the only thing I can think of that would taste good with that insane Scandinavian murdersalt in it cocktail wise would be something very sweet and maybe apple flavored, with a fuckload of anise in it. And even then you'd have to already enjoy the taste of Salt Liquorice, which only T-Bibs does anyway.

However, if we're talking regular salt, the first thing that comes to mind is tomato. So something like a tomato margarita or kicking up a Bloody mary by using a full gazpacho instead of just tomato juice would work.

You could also go a different route and make a cool refreshing drink and rim the glass with a salt/chili powder mixture.

e: the salt liquorice cocktail would almost 1000% be better as a shot, for anyone dumb enough to try and put one together. That's not a "sippin" drink for sure.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Mods please change my name to Scandinavian Murdersalt

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

The best candy ever. Anyone who says otherwise is inherently wrong about everything forever.

Maaaaybe beaten by…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
TIL: Half the reg threadposters are Swedish.

• Locked thread