Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I'm totally going to watch that fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Grandmaster.flv posted:

i'm completely indifferent to the fight, but i will consume every piece of media in the lead up with the best talker mma has ever seen arguing with tito ortiz

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Grandmaster.flv posted:

TitoVsChael.gif:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

CommonShore posted:

TitoVsChael.gif:

Titopostfight.gif

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

If it's not too expensive I look forward to seeing it in person

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I thought kendall grove was fighting in alberta in like a week

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
ya he is. hes fighting on that cody mckenzie card everyone was making fun of yesterday. Can fighters schedule fights so close to each other?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

-Atom- posted:

The biggest WHO CARES fight to ever happen

chael is generally an entertaining fighter with a good work rate and he's probably going to beat up tito ortiz. I'm interested.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Neurosis posted:

chael is generally an entertaining fighter

yeah alright.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
chael sonnen's next memorised promo had better be the transcript of the tito cyborg conference

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

chael sonnen's next memorised promo had better be the transcript of the tito cyborg conference

lol

mewse
May 2, 2006

The best mouth in MMA vs the worst public speaker in MMA is truly a gift

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Chael is extremely bad at fighting and even if chael gets a sonnen sized cycle and Tito succumbs to his boneitis it will still be a cakewalk for tito

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Disagree. Tito's gonna get sat on for 3 rounds.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Let me tell you what your promo is on the night tonight Chael

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

i'm completely indifferent to the fight, but i will consume every piece of media in the lead up with the best talker mma has ever seen arguing with tito ortiz

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What's the over/under on how many times Tito pronounces Chael Sonnen correctly in the build up?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

What's the over/under on how many times Tito pronounces Chael Sonnen correctly in the build up?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Chael is gonna destroy Tito and it's gonna be awesome.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I'm changing my user name if he loses

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

tonight at 11pm EST, Alaska Fighting Championships offers more skulls and blood for your amusement.

https://www.ufc.tv/video/alaska-fighting-championship-126

Also check out 125, 15 fights, lasts about 90 minutes and nothing goes past the 1st round.
https://www.ufc.tv/video/afc-125

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

omg chael crash posted:

I'm changing my user name if he loses

of course

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AFC update: Bear Jew just hit a sick suplex into an RNC for a :25 finish.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Everyone's favorite FBI-informant-turned-fighter-manager-turned-matchmaker might be the undoing of WSOF:

quote:

The promotion is tangled up in a hornets nest of an investigation currently being conducted by the Nevada State Athletic Commission involving, among other things, WSOF’s mass systematic cover-up of the incestuous dual-role of former vice president and matchmaker Ali Abdel Aziz, who concurrently acted as a manager of fighters he matched for WSOF. Depending on the findings of the NAC, the promotion could find its license suspended until the mess gets sorted out and Abdel Aziz could be banned from managing fighters in any state run by an Association of Boxing Commissions member commission.

As far Abdel Aziz’s his stable of 40+ fighters go, they too could face potential punishment if the NAC determines that any of them lied about who they were represented by on their license applications in an attempt to deceive the commission.

It's kind of a throwaway sentence in there, but since Aziz admits he bets on fighters he both manages and matchmakes for, there may be an investigation into fight fixing as well.

E: There's also a part where he put his fighter management firm in his wife's name to avoid scrutiny despite admitting repeatedly on air that he handles negotiations for all his fighters. But he's also never filled out a Nevada fight manager's license form, because he's a convicted felon & owes about $40k in back child support payments, both grounds for denial.

more fun quotes:

quote:

“Your client must understand the position he is in. He purports to be a vice president and matchmaker for World Series of Fighting (WSOF). He has contacted Bellator fighters in the past on behalf of WSOF — a matter which was discussed with prior council for WSOF. He cannot divorce himself from WSOF simply by saying he is not acting on behalf of them. The fact of the matter is that he is a representative of a competing MMA promotion and that he suggested to Mr. Caplan that Mr. Hawn somehow had the right to renegotiate his contract with Bellator. That is in our view interference. In point of fact, it matters not whether Mr. Abdel Aziz styles himself as a manager or advisor,” wrote English. “We were in fact informed that Mr. Abdel Aziz was assuming a manager role with Mr. Hawn. However styled, it is inappropriate interference by someone affiliated with a rival promotion. That interference is not the non-issue you alleged. It was in fact Rick Hawn, who sent a text to Sam Caplan which in part stated, ‘I just want to let you know that Ali is my new manager.'”

red19fire fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 20, 2016

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hopefully Ray Seffo has plausible deniability.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

coconono posted:

Hopefully Ray Seffo has plausible deniability.

He can just show him vs Hunt and say he had no idea what's going on.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

red19fire posted:

Everyone's favorite FBI-informant-turned-fighter-manager-turned-matchmaker might be the undoing of WSOF:

It's kind of a throwaway sentence in there, but since Aziz admits he bets on fighters he both manages and matchmakes for, there may be an investigation into fight fixing as well.

E: There's also a part where he put his fighter management firm in his wife's name to avoid scrutiny despite admitting repeatedly on air that he handles negotiations for all his fighters. But he's also never filled out a Nevada fight manager's license form, because he's a convicted felon & owes about $40k in back child support payments, both grounds for denial.

more fun quotes:

There are so many lovely layers to this that I don't think we can call it incompetence by WSOF. They had to have known something was up, even if it was only part of it.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25TGVYODdcM

chael getting started early

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
http://www.tmz.com/2016/10/20/tito-ortiz-chael-sonnen-college-revenge-video/

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Baby slices debut is delayed, guy he was going to fight missed weight by 17 lbs

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Baby slices debut is delayed, guy he was going to fight missed weight by 17 lbs

That's a fair effort, missing by 10% of your body weight.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Chael is good.

I hope he beats everybody Bellator has to offer. And then he fails a drug test, but only after clearing out the Bellator roster.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLxcV61Aaos/

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNnTy4fiDbE

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/20/13343046/jerry-lawler-scott-coker-reminds-me-so-much-of-vince-mcmahon

"Jerry Lawler: Scott Coker reminds me 'so much' of Vince McMahon"
Makes his employees eat steroids and then denies it??

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

e: moat fight spoiler, I guess

https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/789441847160549376

Shame about Kikuno being a bad fighter, that kick is so cool

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 21, 2016

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Memento posted:

That's a fair effort, missing by 10% of your body weight.

And the fight was already a catchweight bout...

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I was trying to think of chael's last win and i settled on it being a razor thin nothing decision against bisping on some awful fox card back in the 80s, but then I remember he choked out Shogun lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Tito looked terrible against Bonnar and even terrible-er against McGeary, and that was over a year ago. Who knows what Chael is going to look like on whatever steroid regimen he can get away with under Bellator's current "testing". I can't imagine having a strong opinion about who is gonna beat who based on what we actually know about this match.