Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it is kind of sad that omikron and shitstorm are the only good things on the channel right now. Lament is...fine I guess? Kind of dull both game wise and commentary wise.

I much rather have more bonus halloween videos than 2/3ds of the ongoing LPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

40 minutes to realize you should maybe stop wasting turns on killing the infinitely respawning mooks and leave just one of the non-healers around.

Woof.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Lament and Command Mission are okay, just kinda non-engaging, I guess. Omikron has the "complete clusterfuck" thing going for it which elevates it. Shitstorm I dunno, half the games I enjoy, half I kinda tune out midway thru, but everything being one-offs mean games never overstay their welcome. Plus, the good ones are REAL good.

edit: also woolie and rpgs are a bad mix

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Well, Command Mission is a 15 hour game and they're at part 17 so it should only take 20 more parts...

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

You know, speaking of RPGs I'm a little surprised they haven't LPed 7th Stand User yet. Or least a one-off video.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dias posted:

edit: also woolie and rpgs are a bad mix

x-2 needs to happen so you remember how wrong you are

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think it's less about funny commentary and more about actively hearing gears turning as Woolie handles both the controller and decision making process.
EDIT: I'd love to see their reactions to some of the nonsense in X-2 that is, just hopefully with better guidance.

HGH fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 21, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Quick reminder of the "Brennan is Better Woolie" feud
https://twitter.com/dinopreto/status/788896530891739136
https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/788928544068014081

and now

https://twitter.com/dinopreto/status/789265999585566720

He wore those cooler shades for his NXT debut.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I love that Brennen's twitter is him retweeting a marquee NXT match and right before it is a picture of a loli witch as he advertises his appearance on an anime podcast.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Is it really fair to call it a feud when one side(Brennan) is way better than the other in every way?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Rhonne posted:

Is it really fair to call it a feud when one side(Brennan) is way better than the other in every way?

He got rustled when Xavier Woods got a spot on the podcast. The secret to beating Brennan is turning higher ranking members of the Black Otaku Council against him.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

I love that Brennen's twitter is him retweeting a marquee NXT match and right before it is a picture of a loli witch as he advertises his appearance on an anime podcast.

Brennen has grown large, feasting on animes, all to become the Big Anime Fan.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rhonne posted:

I was gonna call it "the destruction of Woolie's selfesteem" but that would also encompass ultra despair girls and command mission

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I was gonna call it "the destruction of Woolie's selfesteem" but that would also encompass ultra despair girls and command mission

If you want to destroy his self-esteem just say "Virgil is not real and not your friend".

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rodyle posted:

Brennen has grown large, feasting on animes, all to become the Big Anime Fan.

oh, big

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Solitair posted:

I thought it was perfectly fine, the least self-righteous conversation about anime sleaze I've seen in a while.

It wasn't outright terrible, it just kinda reached a conclusion where they made the point...and kinda kept going for no reason?

I'm not even sure why it was brought up.

I hope Omikron sets a precedent of playing really terrible games that kill the best friends alongside the shitstorm. It feels fitting.

E: We're finally getting lovely Games Done Slowly.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Oct 21, 2016

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Still working my way through this week's podcast and, uh... did anyone find Pat's "I use a lock box of spare keys to condescend to my girlfriend" thing super uncomfortable?

The other guys didn't seem to think it was funny either.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

HoboTech posted:

Still working my way through this week's podcast and, uh... did anyone find Pat's "I use a lock box of spare keys to condescend to my girlfriend" thing super uncomfortable?

Neither did his girlfriend :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HoboTech posted:

Knowing that they're huge assholes to each other all the time makes it make more sense in context. They're basically Spy vs Spy, except dating.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Captain Invictus posted:

Knowing that they're huge assholes to each other all the time makes it make more sense in context. They're basically Spy vs Spy, except dating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1my1lri6Kkc

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Pat was right

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_04xkzmmn2Y

Pat and Paige have a relationship based on mutual understanding of their own assholery.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
They're basically perfect for each other.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

She is the supporting cast in the greatest sitcom of all time, Patrick Boivin Is A Crazy Person.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

I suppose, if it works for them. Was just kind of gross (in the context of a normal human relationship).

I'm sure I would feel different if Paige had been there to throw some bullshit right back at him.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
One day Pat is going to forget his keys and the schadenfreude will be immense.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HoboTech posted:

I suppose, if it works for them. Was just kind of gross (in the context of a normal human relationship).

I'm sure I would feel different if Paige had been there to throw some bullshit right back at him.

Sometimes, she is. Occasionally she'd walk in from the background to give him poo poo about something he was saying mid-recording.

Dunno if that'll ever happen again now that they're in an office proper though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Paige streamed herself playing some otome game, and Pat could be heard in the background playing with the cat

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Hey, if two people's particular brand of crazy match up well enough that it just works, then that's awesome. If only we could all be so lucky, really.

Also, does anyone really know how much is left of Omikron? I know it's the Game That Time Forgot, so there's not a ton of info about it.

Echoing that Omikron and the Shitstorm are the best long-running things on the channel at the moment.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dias posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_04xkzmmn2Y

Pat and Paige have a relationship based on mutual understanding of their own assholery.

the part where he just cracks up laughing when she starts slapping and punching him is the best evidence this is a good relationship imo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
"I like it when you put your arm around me, IDIOT"

Paige rules

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Aside from the muffin wars, Paige's best moment is after Liam dropping "Patrick Fuccboivon," texting Pat "you're my fuccboivon" and making him double die on stream

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Sometimes, she is. Occasionally she'd walk in from the background to give him poo poo about something he was saying mid-recording.

Dunno if that'll ever happen again now that they're in an office proper though.

I think the Super Best Friendcast Live! will bring forth even more opportunities for this kinda stuff via her texting him.

Although nothing quite like her dying because Liam casually mentioned that there's a way to close apps on an iPhone without rebooting.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

HoboTech posted:

Also, does anyone really know how much is left of Omikron? I know it's the Game That Time Forgot, so there's not a ton of info about it.

I checked the FAQ they're using and making GBS threads on and they are in fact past the halfway point, possibly at two-thirds. There is one more area they have to go to, though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Solitair posted:

I checked the FAQ they're using and making GBS threads on and they are in fact past the halfway point, possibly at two-thirds. There is one more area they have to go to, though.

welcome

in

omikron

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Solitair posted:

I am more excited than I have any right to be.

Also with DS3 DLC coming out next Tuesday, we might see some Lucky Ted sometime soon. That's pretty rad.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

the part where he just cracks up laughing when she starts slapping and punching him is the best evidence this is a good relationship imo

All the best relationships are built on a foundation of mutually trolling the poo poo out of each other.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Matt and Woolie are at some con this weekend and it looks like they met JonTron

Also, Brennan William's NXT gimmick is that he's from the future

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How do you go from anime shogun warrior that uses anime moves to a guy from the future...?