Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i just finished writing my letter of resignation with no current plan for employment

so maybe i will buy this game :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mister Macys posted:

Looks like IW isn't the only game out soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb1OFjPSP6Y

Looks like the usual POS tower defence game.
First box opening in the video: two whites and a blue. :lol:

WE GET IT ACTIVISION YOU WANT SPACE COD loving poo poo.

Also:

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

why are you posting halo in the cod thread

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
The TTK is nuts. That was the one thing that stuck with me from playing for a few hours last night. That and it was really laggy. Those two things combined made the game very frustrating to play.

I realized that I might be getting to the point that being frustrated by video games isn't worth it. I'm on the fence about cancelling my pre-order and just playing BF1 this year. That game is smooth and fun as gently caress. Even when I die, it doesn't frustrate me and make me want to stop playing.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Made my first Shadowplay clip with my first fun Shadowclaw run! Also discovered that by default the mic is always on so this is the only usable footage that doesn't have a whiny sigh because a bad guy shot me before I shot them. I didn't think I sounded that much like a weenie when I played this game until I heard my own voice played back at me.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

this is when I realized the Steel Dragon could use a buff

https://giant.gfycat.com/UnfitFondHypsilophodon.mp4

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

bear is driving! posted:

The TTK is nuts. That was the one thing that stuck with me from playing for a few hours last night. That and it was really laggy. Those two things combined made the game very frustrating to play.

I realized that I might be getting to the point that being frustrated by video games isn't worth it. I'm on the fence about cancelling my pre-order and just playing BF1 this year. That game is smooth and fun as gently caress. Even when I die, it doesn't frustrate me and make me want to stop playing.

It just feels like you die faster at times when you have a bad connection or laggy players. The hit detection in this game is actually way better then BO3's. The only people that seem to kill me too fast are the people skipping all over the screen, but they're a second ahead of me so there's nothing I can do there.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Alright hoping this week they've actually made the netcode better (they won't) I'm done with my friday stuff so I'll be on all day to play some IW. PSN Id is BobBaudoin.

Who am I kidding, even if the netcode is poo poo, I preordered the MWR edition I'm the problem :smith:

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Mill Village posted:

It just feels like you die faster at times when you have a bad connection or laggy players. The hit detection in this game is actually way better then BO3's. The only people that seem to kill me too fast are the people skipping all over the screen, but they're a second ahead of me so there's nothing I can do there.

It's all over the place, and that's what annoys me. In one game I go 30-5 and beast people, and then the next with the same players I am getting hit and seeing red on my screen BEFORE THE ENEMY EVEN COMES AROUND THE CORNER.

"It's beta" is all well and good, but if it's like this at release I'll just play BF1 until they get their poo poo together.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Isn't PSN down right now due to the ddos bullshit? I thought I read that somewhere today.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

housefly posted:

Isn't PSN down right now due to the ddos bullshit? I thought I read that somewhere today.

Yyyup.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Godzilla07 posted:

this is when I realized the Steel Dragon could use a buff

I've had 1 situation so far where the Steel Dragon was great. Taking B on Frozen when 3-4 were laying there and I got the flank. Any gun would have worked, but it was fun to see the amount of lazer hit markers.

Snipers are OBSCENE in this game. There is a very fine line for snper rifles and this game currently needs to figure it out. If they fix the flinching when hit or not allow people to run/slide with them accurately it would fix problems.

Also, not sure if this was a PS4 thing, but every 5-6 games I run into an account where someone is doing nothing but jumping in the air, 360 and blindshotting for a SiCkKiLL. I don't remember seeing it nearly as often on xboner.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

bear is driving! posted:

The TTK is pretty insane, though I've had the reverse experience - in IW whenever I die I get it, mostly, but I am a bit frustrated. In BF1 I rarely ever see who is shooting me and it's just tanks up the rear end and SMLE/Martini spam.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
a IW game with dominant sniper rifles??? why I NEVER **clutches pearls**

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Quickscoping needs to be removed forever, somehow

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I don't think I've ever had a problem with sniper rifles in COD like this. Normally they're annoying but in this game every leg shot seems to be a kill.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

*360 no scopes you*
*steals your pearls*
*teabags your corpse*

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

faantastic posted:

Also, not sure if this was a PS4 thing, but every 5-6 games I run into an account where someone is doing nothing but jumping in the air, 360 and blindshotting for a SiCkKiLL. I don't remember seeing it nearly as often on xboner.

I've seen one guy doing that. he was something like 1 - 19 at the start of a round and he eventually quit when he didn't get a single ~sick 360 noscope kill~ Also what's the boost slide move you can do? It's not the sprinting slide. I was just crouched behind something and pressed something and suddenly I did a crouched boost backwards and had no idea what happened.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Also what's the boost slide move you can do? It's not the sprinting slide. I was just crouched behind something and pressed something and suddenly I did a crouched boost backwards and had no idea what happened.

The robot's third trait gives it a horizontal dash that can go in any direction, Advanced Warfare style. Maybe that was it?

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 21, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Zodack posted:

Quickscoping needs to be removed forever, somehow

BLOPS 1 originally did it by making it hip-fire until fully zoomed in, with an instant of pure black between the transition.

Then they got complaints from the worst forms of human life, caved, and put it back in.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Speaking of the robot, you ever see a flyin' dog?

Even if the flying dog glitch got patched, still. Dog with instakill that regains health on kill.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

JackGeneric posted:

The robot's third trait gives it a horizontal dash that can go in any direction, Advanced Warfare style. Maybe that was it?

I use the FTL rig :confused:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Has XIM updated for an IW profile yet?

They don't release translators for betas. You can usually expect them to be available about a week after the games official launch.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Mister Macys posted:

BLOPS 1 originally did it by making it hip-fire until fully zoomed in, with an instant of pure black between the transition.

Then they got complaints from the worst forms of human life, caved, and put it back in.

Yeah, I remember that, just like I remember pretending to be a corpse using Cold Blooded and a decoy grenade.

It's not super bad in this game as far as I can tell because of the already low TTK, but since this is a new beta there is just a massive influx of quick-scopers content to lose games and maintain a 0.8-or-below KDR.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

An entire game mode based around fixed spawn points. Holy gently caress it's a campers dream.

Also if the beta is up this weekend I'll definitely be around to play it tomorrow and saturday.

Has XIM updated for an IW profile yet?

I've been using the BO3 ST profile and lowered the sensitivity to my liking, don't forget the golden rule that Hip is always twice the ADS sensitivity! I rock something like 20 hip, 12 ads.

Works great so far, however for akimbos you're gonna have to remove the ADS toggle, it speeds up the aiming for some reason.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
welp PSN is down.

Why has noone found these lizardsquad fuckers and shot them in the loving face yet?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Donald J. Trump posted:

"It could be Russia, but it could also be China. It could also be lots of other people. It also could be somebody sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :iiam:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm downloading the beta right now and it's going super slow so I'm going out drinking instead

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Comedic effect aside, the camos in this game are atrocious.

The weapon customization is a step down from Blops 3 (though I'm glad that'll exclude variants from supply drops), and Awareness not being a perk plus Ghost going back to normal has me really worried.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

im gonna try sniping

https://www.twitch.tv/tehmascot

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Assuming PSN doesn't get lizard squadded into oblivion again I'll be on to play here shortly while I get really drunk. See if you can tell!

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Zodack posted:

The weapon customization is a step down from Blops 3 (though I'm glad that'll exclude variants from supply drops), and Awareness not being a perk plus Ghost going back to normal has me really worried.

Awareness is the final trait of the Predator-lookin' rig. And actually, since you can switch your combat rig/payload/trait mid-game, you'd essentially be able to equip it as-needed.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

SubponticatePoster posted:

Assuming PSN doesn't get lizard squadded into oblivion again I'll be on to play here shortly while I get really drunk. See if you can tell!

well ive already lost my mind because im sniping.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

JackGeneric posted:

Awareness is the final trait of the Predator-lookin' rig. And actually, since you can switch your combat rig/payload/trait mid-game, you'd essentially be able to equip it as-needed.

Oh, that's good to know. I wasn't able to check out the last two rigs and I didn't quite look at FTL's stuff once I got it unlocked.

The game is so fast right now I honestly don't need it but coming off of Blops 3 where I was almost handicapped without it feels strange.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
If anyone is playing on PS4 tonight, hit me up @ rvenutolo. I'm lonely.

e: Never mind. I guess this is hosed.

venutolo fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 22, 2016

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I'd love to play but I don't think the game is working right now. Probably a combination of the ddos attack today and general beta brokenness?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It stopped working earlier for me on the Bone as well, I know you PS4 folks are having a much worse time

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I guess we can take a longer beta period. I mean poo poo, all this poo poo going down plus IW not even giving a rats rear end about netcode, we just gotta.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I wanted to play. Sad day.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Javes posted:

I'd love to play but I don't think the game is working right now. Probably a combination of the ddos attack today and general beta brokenness?

Blops 3 is also rough; NSA and I can't join one another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Game seems to be working now, just played a game.

• Locked thread