Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

oddium posted:

mimikyu is marshadow!! teach the controversy!!

Mimikyu has confidence issues but when you raise it's happiness levels you'll instill enough confidence in it that it'll remove the costume and become it's own identity, it may be a little clingy but it's fine because it's My Shadow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ChrisBTY posted:

Most, if not all Kanto region specific pokemon should be (normally) either a Fairy, Dark or Steel type since those are basically non-native to Kanto (Magnemite/ton notwithstanding).

Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff and Mr. Mime are all native to Kanto too

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

i love mimikyu but does it evolve??

because i want all cute pokemon to evolve to big awful monstrosities

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

jarbv posted:

Yes, by putting on a Raichu cloak

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

jarbv posted:

because i want all cute pokemon to evolve to big awful monstrosities

no, it does not.

ChrisBTY posted:

Most, if not all Kanto region specific pokemon should be (normally) either a Fairy, Dark or Steel type since those are basically non-native to Kanto (Magnemite/ton notwithstanding).

Ice/Fighting Sneasel, Fire/Bug Durant (I guess alongside a pure rock Heatmor, just for maintaining their dynamic), Pure-Grass Florges etc.

Well, according to G/S and HG/SS Dark types are actually totally absent from Johto and only in Kanto since you can literally only catch Houndor, Murkrow, Tyranitar, and Sneasel there.

Johto had really loving stupid pokemon availability.

Zore fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 21, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

will mimikyu evolve into marshadow. will it be a carbink/diancie deal. who knows. but mimikyu is marshadow

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

New Generations, p much the Aqua side of last episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FskTlUZyF_A

As long as I have this blue orb, Kyogre will do my bidding!
:downs:

Pentaro fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 21, 2016

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Pentaro posted:

Ha, exactly what I was thinking.

I'm glad we've finally seen that Kyogre can fly, not just hover like a big blimp

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

Well, according to G/S and HG/SS Dark types are actually totally absent from Johto

Umbreon disproves this.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

less laughter posted:

Umbreon disproves this.

Eevee isn't native to Johto or Kanto. The one you get in G/S HG/SS literally popped out of a time machine and you steal it off a table in R/B.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

all eevees are descended from a single hacked ancestor

e: oh I just had the vision of a 3DS mimikyu theme like the slowpoke one where it does the song and also mimikyu badges from the badge arcade and hurry up mimikyu merch, I wanna buy you

McDragon fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 21, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Pentaro posted:

The music arrangement of the RSE legendary theme is pretty awesome. Also, the amount of Wingulls in that episode is entirely accurate with my personal experience of Hoenn.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

the amount of Wingulls in that episode is entirely accurate with my personal experience of Hoenn.

Pelipper too.

That thing's goddamn obnoxious bleating is the only thing that keeps breeding at the Battle Resort a relaxing experience.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I looked over that huge Sun & Moon model leak image again and it's pretty disappointing that Punchcrab has an evolution into some bulky weird monstrous thing with two huge pincer arms. I was hoping Crawbrawler could be without an evolution because it's such a cool design. :argh:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I looked over that huge Sun & Moon model leak image again and it's pretty disappointing that Punchcrab has an evolution into some bulky weird monstrous thing with two huge pincer arms. I was hoping Crawbrawler could be without an evolution because it's such a cool design. :argh:

It literally looks like Crabrawler in a coat.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

I was kinda hoping it wouldn't either because Crabrawler's such a solid design, but I also can't help but love the idea of a giant crab yeti. :3:

And by "giant," I mean it's probably going to be like 3'11", because that's usually how tall they make any pokemon that seems like it should be like 8 feet tall.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Then just throw an Eviolite on it and keep it unevolved. Whining about it having an evo is utterly ridiculous.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
There's an event in the Sun and Moon demo today where you can meet Lillie near the entrance to Ten Carat Hill. It's a very minor one though, and you don't get anything from doing it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Pentaro posted:

"GO KYOGRE! DESTROY EVERYTHING!"

"Hey Matt how's it going?'
"Kyogre's destroying everything."
"....oh."

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Zore posted:

It literally looks like Crabrawler in a coat.

Yes, and that is really bad. :(

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Crabrawler killed the snowman pokemon, took its dex spot, and is now wearing its skin like a coat. Pretty uncool.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Zore posted:

no, it does not.

Well, according to G/S and HG/SS Dark types are actually totally absent from Johto and only in Kanto since you can literally only catch Houndor, Murkrow, Tyranitar, and Sneasel there.

Johto had really loving stupid pokemon availability.

Sneasel was in the Ice Path in Johto.

Still though, Johto's Pokémon availability was pretty dire.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Dexie posted:

Sneasel was in the Ice Path in Johto.

Still though, Johto's Pokémon availability was pretty dire.

Sneasel was only in the Ice Path in Crystal version. In G/S it literally only appeared at the foot of Mt. Silver which you could only get to after having all 16 badges in the game. So at least Crystal did fix a few pokemon placement problems.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

oddium posted:

will mimikyu evolve into marshadow. will it be a carbink/diancie deal. who knows. but mimikyu is marshadow

I like that thing but I also think it looks bad

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Pentaro posted:

Hey Shelly

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Hunter Noventa posted:

Luigichu is actually Mimikyu.

Where my Luigkyu, Pokemon

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

jarbv posted:

I like that thing but I also think it looks bad

how dare you, it is super adorable

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Plasbad posted:

Sneasel was only in the Ice Path in Crystal version. In G/S it literally only appeared at the foot of Mt. Silver which you could only get to after having all 16 badges in the game. So at least Crystal did fix a few pokemon placement problems.

Also Mt. Silver is in Kanto

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

It's me

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Plasbad posted:

Not that it mattered, since Sneasel's STABs were special and it had a 35 Special Attack stat. Least in HGSS you can evolve it into Weavile!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Crosspeice posted:

Not that it mattered, since Sneasel's STABs were special and it had a 35 Special Attack stat.

And yet it still managed to be UU in gens II and III

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Crosspeice posted:

Not that it mattered, since Sneasel's STABs were special and it had a 35 Special Attack stat. Least in HGSS you can evolve it into Weavile!

I am seriously wondering how the Pokemon went without the physical/special split for so long.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

less laughter posted:

And yet it still managed to be UU in gens II and III

That's because RU and NU didn't exist. If you weren't OU, you were UU, or Ubers. That's it.

It did at least have a few physical moves, but it just didn't have the oomph that a lot of other physical attackers had with their STAB.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i have always loved Oshawott and now that I too have seen the drawing of Revolver Oshawott I love him even more

Tepig Boss is also very good.

Snivy Snake is basically just :effort: levels of yeah okay we have to do something with you too I guess. Which sums up Snivy as a whole to me.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Tepig Boss is also very good.

Snivy Snake is basically just :effort: levels of yeah okay we have to do something with you too I guess. Which sums up Snivy as a whole to me.

Snivy is literally a snake.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Solid Snivy.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Pentaro posted:

that got pretty fuckin intense at the end

also Archie is voiced by the same guy as JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION :allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ruggington posted:

Hey Shelly
Same. That hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm having a hard time trying to decide between Archie and Matt who's voiced by Patrick Seitz and who's voiced by Jamieson Price. I wanna say Archie is Price, but Matt sounds way closer to what Price normally sounds like