Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Mulderman posted:

What even happened!? And why was it so awesome!?

They fattened him up like a turkey before thanksgiving!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Toriko went full Gourmet Buddha.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gently caress yes.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

How the hell is Old Lady Setsuno holding up the world at this point? I think this fight was enough for seven mass extinctions at this point.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

How the hell is Old Lady Setsuno holding up the world at this point? I think this fight was enough for seven mass extinctions at this point.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Her barrier broke several chapters ago. I think at this point it's down to lucky misses and no one attacking the human world directly.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Even if the whole planet is hosed, one planet is a pretty small price to pay for defeating the thing that wants to scare every living thing in the universe to near-death before eating it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Shugojin posted:

Even if the whole planet is hosed, one planet is a pretty small price to pay for defeating the thing that wants to scare every living thing in the universe to near-death before eating it

see, that would be a standard heroic motivation. however, this is toriko. toriko's motivations are eating good food, eating good food with his buds, and having a loving relationship with komatsu who makes good food for him to eat.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

see, that would be a standard heroic motivation. however, this is toriko. toriko's motivations are eating good food, eating good food with his buds, and having a loving relationship with komatsu who makes good food for him to eat.

...and it's been established that there's food elsewhere. They're playing for stakes where the planet doesn't matter no matter what!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Shugojin posted:

...and it's been established that there's food elsewhere. They're playing for steaks where the planet doesn't matter no matter what!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hell yeah puns!

:hfive:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
toriko would eat all of planet earth if it meant more jo crystal time with komatsu

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

dragon enthusiast posted:

toriko would eat all of planet earth if it meant more jo crystal time with komatsu

fortunately the jo crystals in toriko stop you dying

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Man i wish white buddha oni had more leadup.
Also full power toriko can only handle one poke? Why is toriko ending.

OTOH, it did bring us INFINITE ESCALATION.

And that kochikame panel.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

You are already fed.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Toriko needs to go to space so he can eat a living planet, or a cheese burger star or a pancake galaxy

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I feel like this would be an appropriate use of the Infinite Nail Gun. Feed him FOREVER.

Also, lol 'Let me hear the words, Toriko'

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So what about the blue demon now? I guess we're rushing a bit too hard for that?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Toriko used the 100 App Fist of the Applebees.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Man i wish white buddha oni had more leadup.
Same, he seems like he's really important but unless I forgot something none of his gourmet spirits have really gotten much backstory.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

All they ever said about red is that he was the most powerful and taciturn of the oni.

Which makes me question what family of appetite demons blue comes from if he isn't an oni

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
I'm excited for whatever camping monster that's gonna come take all the survivors to the next arc.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Giant space hamsterManta Ray

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

So are they trying to wrap up by chapter 400? I've got a feeling that'll be the case if Acacia/Neo really is defeated now.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Acacia is gourmet pharoah and toriko is gourmet Moses

Hell split the earth in two to lead his people to the promised lands

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Giant space hamsterManta Ray

Just go ff4 and use the big whale. It can even be whale king moon

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Crunkjuice posted:

I'm excited for whatever camping monster that's gonna come take all the survivors to the next arc.

there is no next arc. toriko got cancelled.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

What really makes me sad is losing all of the side battles and appetite demon powerups,

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Matoi Ryuko posted:

What really makes me sad is losing all of the side battles and appetite demon powerups,

it isn't all bad. the finale's breakneck pace is almost certainly thanks to the cancellation, and that is probably an improvement over a slower rendition.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Rereading it looks like acacia really did get exploded by just a fingerpoke from the very calm Buddha demon

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

it isn't all bad. the finale's breakneck pace is almost certainly thanks to the cancellation, and that is probably an improvement over a slower rendition.

Possibly. I'm quite disappointed that zebra ended up getting worfed off-screen, out of all the side arcs that got dropped.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

We are forgetting the worst causality of all: no Libear. :smith:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i still dunno wtf was up with the ghost arc.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Crunkjuice posted:

I thought I read somewhere that someone was planning to turn Blue Grill (the giant clam continent in the Another arc) into a spaceship to save all the humans if the Earth gets destroyed.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Not in my heart it didn't. Or my stomach.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

yeah toriko has always been weakest during overly long fights so it's a good thing they kicked it up to 11,000,000 for this

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I have real mixed feelings about the cancellation. On the one hand it's gonna end and it's really good but on the other hand I'm very grateful to it for making this batshit crazy ending, somehow it manages to be paced just well enough to feel hectic instead of outright rushed

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Where was it announced that the series is ending?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
in a perfect world we would have gotten all of the 8 king arcs in full and only then would the manga be cancelled, speeding along the ending. but eh, i'll take a good ending and cut arcs over the opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Toriko - Dinner was delicious. See ya.

• Locked thread