Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
That is huge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
I hate KR mirror matchups at Worlds but this is actually a pretty good first game

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
what a loving game jesus

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
1 minute until this Elder Dragon fight decides the game.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I feel like SKT's only real hope here is to get an Ashe arrow pickoff around this upcoming Elder.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Okay, I lied. Jesus Christ this is some good macro

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
After what they did before I expect SKT to sacrifice elder dragon to take an inhib

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
both of these teams are so good that it makes any other one look like garbage in comparison

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

holy gently caress

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
congrats to your world champions SKT

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
nevermind lol

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
lol

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Well poo poo

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Libertine posted:

1 minute until this Elder Dragon fight decides the game.

Literally the smite fight to decide the game

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
welp

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Who was trying to argue with me that SKT were weak this year and laughing at me because I said SKT don't take anything seriously until Finals.

They are loving on

e: :downs: Freudian slip this is totally knockouts but yano

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Goddamn I looked away for like 10 seconds and it's over

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

Great game.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
extremely disappointed in that final fight lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Giving ROX 3 Infernals was a big mistake, but SKT needs to be commended for how well they played around that. That was just fantastic macro play all around.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Keep playing Karma into Zyra; it's been going well.

Bo Berry
Sep 21, 2011

Easy breezy beautiful colored world I'm in love with you
R-O-Y-G-B-I-V your colors are a comedy
How 'bout that?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

The Mash posted:

Maybe next year just invite the two best Korean teams to worlds and make it a Bo9 and skip the whole group stage nonsense

Have a loser's bracket so we dont get the finals a week before the tournament ends.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

Who was trying to argue with me that SKT were weak this year and laughing at me because I said SKT don't take anything seriously until Finals.

They are loving on
bold call on the basis of a game that they won because of one smite and one faker ult

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Moatman posted:

Goddamn I looked away for like 10 seconds and it's over

I blinked and missed Faker's ult and they haven't replayed it

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

stump collector posted:

extremely disappointed in that final fight lol

You shouldn't be, faker won the game with that shockwave

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
ROX Cockroaches.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
51 hp on that elder dragon decided that game

rox would still get smashed by ori shockwave but 4.5 infernals + 3 dragon burn on a viktor and caitlyn [plus smeb doing what he did even as it happened]? holy poo poo

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
getting owned by Oriana in 2016 :smithicide:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Yeah wasn't even sure what happened but that insanely lategame Orianna crushes skulls

stump collector
May 28, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

You shouldn't be, faker won the game with that shockwave

idk im not a fan of a team opting in to a fight versus orianna near dragon or baron for exactly that reason

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

If the smite goes the other way, Viktor still dies (in imaginaryland where everyone still moves the same way the next 2 seconds), but Karma survives and that + 4.5 elders + burn on Caitlyn is probably enough that ROX win it

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
orianna is really good when you don't build loving rylais and are in a traditional mage matchup vs viktor rather than some janky rear end in a top hat like ryze or asol

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i actually am happy that faker is the only person smart enough to not go morellos->rylai's on orianna

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

stump collector posted:

i actually am happy that faker is the only person smart enough to not go morellos->rylai's on orianna

the noob didnt even go tear into roa

stump collector
May 28, 2007
faker blasted the poo poo out of the backline so im not convinced rox wins the fight even if they get elder, caitlyn with 500 AD auto attacks still cant 1v4

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
it's okay...nothing is hosed...

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Turns out all that extra AD and AP doesn't matter when your squishies still instantly die

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
The Korean casters are wearing these comically enormous white space boot shoes and it's just bugging the hell out of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

stump collector posted:

faker blasted the poo poo out of the backline so im not convinced rox wins the fight even if they get elder, caitlyn with 500 AD auto attacks still cant 1v4

Karma only died from the Elder Dragon burn and even with 30 hp she can still help peel for Caitlyn. I don't think ROX ace and close out the game if they have the buff, but they would have won the fight at least and would have had a big edge for the next fight.

• Locked thread