Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How did Team Aqua not immediately drown as soon as Kyogre busted out of the undersea cave

Also punchcrab evo is based on furry crabs which is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I'm glad they managed to accurately portray Archie's level of intelligence. :golfclap:

Pentaro posted:

As long as I have this blue orb, Kyogre will do my bidding!
:downs:

Let's not forget him yelling for Kyogre to destroy everything only to be shocked that it's destroying everything.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Pentaro posted:

New Generations, p much the Aqua side of last episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FskTlUZyF_A

Nice to see Shade of Aran getting work these days

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

Snivy is literally a snake.

Post Snakes with arms and legs!!!!
Serperior doesn't count because that's a Snivy!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Post Snakes with arms and legs!!!!

imgur is down but i posted solid snake, liquid snake, naked snake, and venom snake. thank you

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
http://io9.gizmodo.com/look-at-this-extinct-snakes-little-arms-and-legs-1719888511

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Post pigs that shoot fire. Tepig Emboar and Pignite don't count.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_pig

Historical accounts of incendiary pigs or flaming pigs were recorded by the military writer Polyaenus[7] and by Aelian.[8] Both writers reported that Antigonus II Gonatas' siege of Megara in 266 BC was broken when the Megarians doused some pigs with combustible pitch, crude oil or resin, set them alight, and drove them towards the enemy's massed war elephants. The elephants bolted in terror from the flaming, squealing pigs, often killing great numbers of their own soldiers by trampling them to death.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Cool! I was legitimately curious.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probably the only time a Ground type has feared a Fire/Fighting type.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Well shiiiit

Where are those ice beam Penguins living then?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Let's complete the trilogy. Anyone have a Samurai otter?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

is that your usual reaction to harmless animals getting burned alive

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Well shiiiit

Where are those ice beam Penguins living then?

Senerio posted:

Let's complete the trilogy. Anyone have a Samurai otter?

I found some videos of otters fighting, that's the closest i got.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

less laughter posted:

how dare you, it is super adorable

my favorite thing about it is its eyes look like they're on fire, which is how I feel when I look at it

I still like it

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

okay so what is the deal with marshadow

the leak videos were all like "we all know who marshadow is" and i was like "i have no idea who marshadow is :confused: "

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

he's the new third legendary

because he looks like he is really similar to lunala and solgeo

if he evolved and looked like them

:raise:

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

I apologize for gendering this non-gendered legendary marshmallow ghost mono-colored pokemon

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

How did Team Aqua not immediately drown as soon as Kyogre busted out of the undersea cave

Do we know it's an evo and not a different version exclusive pokemon like the lemur/orang?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

the leak videos were all like "we all know who marshadow is" and i was like "i have no idea who marshadow is :confused: "

It's either the third counterpart to the mascot legendary duo, or the cute mythical pokemon.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kerrrrrrr posted:

His name was leaked very early on, simultaneously with Solgaleo and Lunala.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Fetus posted:

There's an event in the Sun and Moon demo today where you can meet Lillie near the entrance to Ten Carat Hill. It's a very minor one though, and you don't get anything from doing it.

She's actually glowing if you watch the cutscene at night.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Dr. Fetus posted:

There's an event in the Sun and Moon demo today where you can meet Lillie near the entrance to Ten Carat Hill. It's a very minor one though, and you don't get anything from doing it.

Oh good, someone else saw this. I took pictures but hadn't gotten around to posting them yet.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

less laughter posted:

His name was leaked very early on, simultaneously with Solgaleo and Lunala.

ahhhh that explains it. i must have missed that.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

And boxers that get rich from winning fights and buy big rear end fur coats.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

"As long as I have the Blue Orb, Kyorge will do my bidding!"

Proceeds to throw the Blue Orb away.

G...good plan, Archie. You did a smart thing there. Good job.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Not as dumb as in Gen 3. Seriously, were they struck with color blindness climbing Mt. Pyre?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Archie proves to be the best and has the exact voice I heard when reading this comic:

He even clinks a little when he moves :allears: This was a great episode.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Keiya posted:

Not as dumb as in Gen 3. Seriously, were they struck with color blindness climbing Mt. Pyre?

I think it's entirely in keeping with their portrayed intelligence that they lack the basic color-identification skills of a kindergartner.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

teams aqua and magma were incredibly stupid. even as a kid I thought they were dumb

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

teams aqua and magma were incredibly stupid. even as a kid I thought they were dumb

They had cool outfits though. I really wish I could dress up my trainer as one of the old teams.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How dumb are they compared vis a vis with Team Flare

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they were way worse than flare in gen 3. oras made them less dumb than flare but still dumb

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Calaveron posted:

Much, much dumber.

Flare like, knows what they're doing and generally almost succeeds. They have stupid outfits and are fairly underdeveloped, but they're like normal tier pokemon villain dumb.

Aqua/Magma can't tell the color of an orb and when they release the legendary, and it does exactly what they predict/want it to do, they're like "Oh.... poo poo. Sorry I guess flooding everying/drying up the sea was bad! Help us 10 year old."

Say what you will about Lysandre, but I doubt he would have come crying to a 10 year old if his death laser started actually killing people.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

my favorite dumb moment in gen 3 will always be when they try to set off a volcano by throwing some rocket fuel into the mouth. what was their plan after that, even if it worked? die?

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 22, 2016

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I was thinking that they were going for mitten crab but never mind there is a yeti crab

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Open Marriage Night posted:

And boxers that get rich from winning fights and buy big rear end fur coats.

Bonus points if it evolves with the Ice Stone.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Pentaro posted:

New Generations, p much the Aqua side of last episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FskTlUZyF_A

they all died the end.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Manatee Cannon posted:

my favorite dumb moment in gen 3 will always be when they try to set off a volcano by throwing some rocket fuel into the mouth. what was their plan after that, even if it worked? die?

Probably, I mean, that's what happens with their other plans in these shorts.

I will always like Archie and Aqua way more because his everything is stupid, but at least his intelligence is presented as him being kinda a pirate that wants to let the big fishie out to do legendary stuff, while Maxie and Magma are all full of super scientists and never go "wait, increased landmass via sunlight would kill many pokemon species and be a powerful hit against drinkable water while we get very little landmass gain, in fact the water level would probably end up rising according to my middle-school knowledge of basic science"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Manatee Cannon posted:

The best part is that the reason they were doing that was to expand the landmass through the eruption. When the volcano was nowhere near any water.

Calaveron posted:

Their motives were even dumber. All Team Aqua wanted to do was to increase the size of the oceans and stuff. When Hoenn already had like a ton of water in it.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 22, 2016