Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

I can't wait for holodecks so that anyone who wants to do hosed up sex stuff can just go do it there

I can't wait to see all the new mental illnesses we capricious animals will create for ourselves as we slowly convert the world around us into an elaborate sim....Ohh, look a Pikachu, brb!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

CaptainScraps posted:

Remember when I told a client I'd show her my dick for $500 because I'm a whore and it wasn't the worst thing I'd do that day?

I meant it.

Who could forget?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

blarzgh posted:

I can't wait to see all the new mental illnesses we capricious animals will create for ourselves as we slowly convert the world around us into an elaborate sim....Ohh, look a Pikachu, brb!

Does anyone really believe that a society with the technical ability to conjure any kind of food out of thin air and create full-body VR that is indistinguishable from reality would do anything other than wallow in a holodeck scarfing pizza forever?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Ainsley McTree posted:

Who could forget?

It's a pretty great dick but I wouldn't say it's unforgettable

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Does anyone really believe that a society with the technical ability to conjure any kind of food out of thin air and create full-body VR that is indistinguishable from reality would do anything other than wallow in a holodeck scarfing pizza forever?

This is close to my current lifestyle even with far inferior technology

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Well I just ate ice cream at 9am.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I like to put ice cream on waffles. did you have the ice cream straight up?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Its good to put a scoop of ice cream in my coffee cup instead of ice so it comes out as a drinkable temperature, but i only do that if I'm baked and wanting sweets.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Mr. Nice! posted:

Its good to put a scoop of ice cream in my coffee cup instead of ice so it comes out as a drinkable temperature, but i only do that if I'm baked and wanting sweets.

I keep meaning to try bulletproof coffee but it sounds disgusting.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

CaptainScraps posted:

I keep meaning to try bulletproof coffee but it sounds disgusting.

just eat the ice cream and drink a coffee. like with cereal, don't put milk in the bowl, but in a glass by itself

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
the gently caress is bulletproof coffee? I drink my coffee black 99% of the time. I don't care about the taste. I don't really like a ton of sugar and just need caffeine.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Mr. Nice! posted:

the gently caress is bulletproof coffee? I drink my coffee black 99% of the time. I don't care about the taste. I don't really like a ton of sugar and just need caffeine.

Coffee mixed with butter.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
that sounds awful. I like my coffee like I like my women.

Ground up, and in the freezer.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Come to find out when you tell people they can have butter in their coffee and it's healthy for them they don't think too critically about the supposed health benefits.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CaptainScraps posted:

Coffee mixed with butter.

oh yeah I remember Keith the Dean of Mean Jardine talking about that or hawking for it at one point. Sounds horrendous.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Straight up ice cream y'all. Then I took a nap.

So if you're still wondering why you're not a government lawyer....

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Anybody jonesin' for a true-crime, investigative reporting podcast after Serial Season 2 sucked so much rear end, give "In The Dark" a shot. 8 episodes (one more coming out.) 30 minutes a pop.

http://www.apmreports.org/in-the-dark

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

oh yeah I remember Keith the Dean of Mean Jardine talking about that or hawking for it at one point. Sounds horrendous.

I still maintain that it's borne out of a bunch of marketers deciding for fun to see if they can get people to put butter in their coffee

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Is there an especially useful resource/method for determining what sort of scratch you might be able to bleed out of schools given lsat/gpa profile? Apologies if it's in the op faq and I missed it

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Is there an especially useful resource/method for determining what sort of scratch you might be able to bleed out of schools given lsat/gpa profile? Apologies if it's in the op faq and I missed it
You should read this NYT article.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
Literally never heard of any of the "parlances" that article talks about. Stips? Curved out?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I have no illusions about the nature of the game, I'd just like the benefit to be as high as possible if I'm taking the risk.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

Apply to the best schools you can, take whatever combo of highest ranked and best money offer and then make sure you are top quarter at least.

I think they prolly offer the same amount to everyone? So ask people at the schools you want to go to, you'll get a better answer

don't go to law school

Yoda
Dec 11, 2003

A Jedi I am

Look at conditions for maintaining your scholarship. I have a full scholarship and the only way I lose it is if I flunk out. Other schools will dangle money and then take it all away if you don't get a 3.XX gpa, and then curve lower so you don't get it. And then after you get it you can't transfer because your gpa is poo poo.

Also, don't go to law school

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm certainly never going to law school, but I appreciate the advice. More specifically though, is there any tool to gauge what schools in a certain range are generally more generous than others without manually poring over each disclosure form? Like the admissions predictors but with a financial element. I know I could get a barely worthwhile full ride to east nowhere tech university online, etc, but that doesn't really help me up the ladder

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm certainly never going to law school, but I appreciate the advice.

Should have stopped your post there.

If you're above the 75% line, and an URM you'll get money.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I got a new DV case today where they were arguing over who won the presidential debate.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

Which side do you represent

Trump or Clinton

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Unfortunately, they were arguing Stein won.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Unfortunately, they were arguing Stein won.

Just like in EVE Online, not being there counts as winning.

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.
Go to law school, get an office in a Wal Mart. http://business.financialpost.com/legal-%20post/why-your-next-lawyer-may-be-working-at-walmart

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
That's like one of the best case scenarios for grads in Ontario right now. they're actually thriving sounds like

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.

terrorist ambulance posted:

That's like one of the best case scenarios for grads in Ontario right now. they're actually thriving sounds like

It is only going to get worse for Ontario students in the near future when Ryerson opens up a new flood of graduates. https://theeyeopener.com/2016/10/ryerson-law-school-set-to-run-by-2020/

I remember it was so bad in Ontario that UofT (the top law school in Canada) was asking grads who found work to donate a day of pay to give to students who had to take unpaid positions. http://www.canadianlawyermag.com/5496/U-of-T-Students-Law-Society-holds-off-on-the-OneDayofPay-campaign.html Have we learned nothing from the American school monstrosity?

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
They're almost going to have to invent new numbers to calculate how much rear end my team kicked in FF this week.

I'm outscoring 4 of the 5 other games on both teams combined.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao if anyone had literally anyone involved in the SNF game tonight.

edit: I'm mean, I'm sure Palmer put up good numbers but that game was ~amazing~

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Oct 24, 2016

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GamingHyena posted:

They're almost going to have to invent new numbers to calculate how much rear end my team kicked in FF this week.

I'm outscoring 4 of the 5 other games on both teams combined.

i could still win i need a mere 75 points out of my last guy

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Newfie posted:

It is only going to get worse for Ontario students in the near future when Ryerson opens up a new flood of graduates. https://theeyeopener.com/2016/10/ryerson-law-school-set-to-run-by-2020/

everyone saw this coming when they let that jumped-up high school have the LPP. Now that LSUC's going to let it lapse Ryerson wants something to replace it.

Three law schools in Toronto? What a great idea. Why not four? Centennial, George Brown, Seneca - all potential spaces for law schools.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

algebra testes posted:

Lmao if anyone had literally anyone involved in the SNF game tonight.

edit: I'm mean, I'm sure Palmer put up good numbers but that game was ~amazing~

The NFL finally has an answer to No Exit.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

blarzgh posted:

Anybody jonesin' for a true-crime, investigative reporting podcast after Serial Season 2 sucked so much rear end, give "In The Dark" a shot. 8 episodes (one more coming out.) 30 minutes a pop.

http://www.apmreports.org/in-the-dark

This. It is an actually well-made true crime thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

Some dean posted:

“Of course some students are disappointed,” she said. “I thought I’d be 5-foot-10, and I’m 4-11. But if you gave students sodium pentothal,” also known as the truth serum, “they’d say, ‘This is a new and very difficult undertaking, the school will support me as best they can and, hopefully, with hard work and good luck, I’ll be able to retain my scholarship.’”

"you're in debt? well hey, try being short." hmm.