Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I'm disappointed the ship didn't be crash outside Allison's apartment, but I'll manage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Were the Seven the most powerful demiurges during the war, or were they just those that survived? Meaning, were there other powerful actors involved who just got taken down by various ways before they established the tenous 'peace' that exists?

quote:

Absolutely. Compared to the old guard, the Seven are actually relatively weak, or at least were at the start of the war. The time they’ve had to consolidate their power has made them far more powerful than any of the participants of the universal war. Certainly, if any of the old masters of Throne were to return in the present day, they would consider its current rulers nothing more than presumptuous upstarts. The first generation of demiurges, you have to remember, reached Throne entirely on their own power, without the use of keys of kings. The keys, being a power magnifier of sorts, were what allowed those with less natural talent and enlightened minds to utilize equivalent power. In a sense they equalized the playing field, and somewhat degraded the prestige of what was otherwise an unbelievably elite order.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Re: Gog-agog, I'm taking her as a colony creature, and may not even have any of the constituents of the 'her' which fought in the war anymore. Might be a million generations hence.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

A long time ago on some askblog answer it was suggested they are tragic worms. The worms have known tragedy.

Why a worms gotta be sad??

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mr. Lobe posted:

A long time ago on some askblog answer it was suggested they are tragic worms. The worms have known tragedy.

It's easy to be content being a worm when that's all you've ever known, but these worms came to know about people and so became increasingly despondent over only being worms. That's why Gog-agog makes such a point of trying to make it/themselves look like people.

That's all bullshit I just made up.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Mr. Lobe posted:

No painkiller like indomitable will, and no amplifier for indomitable will like the key of kings.

Also, a fuckload of white sand

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Poltergrift posted:

On the subject of Gog-Agog: during the Second Conquest and shortly afterwards, her look is sort of a "grim reaper" thing: faceless green robe, scythe, thin fingers. It's possible that she was most effective during wartime, the Conquest, and that when the war was over and people asked her to be likable, she started working constantly on likable bodies and personalities, which is why she became an entertainment maven and dropped off in effectiveness so sharply.

After all, it's easy to construct a body that's good for killing and a personality that enjoys it; it's significantly less easy to use worms to build a body and personality that aren't gross and weird, and she clearly hasn't worked out all the kinks, what with her mimicking the personalities of the other Demiurges during their concordance.

It's hard to take medication for one's ADHD when one is worms

MikeJF posted:

Re: Gog-agog, I'm taking her as a colony creature, and may not even have any of the constituents of the 'her' which fought in the war anymore. Might be a million generations hence.

This would imply that even when she is sitting stock-still in front of you, Gog-Agog is loving

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

atomicthumbs posted:

This would imply that even when she is sitting stock-still in front of you, Gog-Agog is loving

i choose to believe this until proven otherwise

maybe even after, really

incubus must be jealous

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Update.

Whoa there.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hell yes. I can't stop laughing.

Don't put up with their bullshit, Allison.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I like the new attitude. Don't like the new haircut so much. Feels like she's walking away from being Sailor Moon.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

"Motherfuckers, if any of you are planning some sort of dramatic reveal or associated horseshit in the near future, I want to know right the gently caress now"

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

She is rescued from an angry god out of nowhere onto a stolen ship, nursed back to health, about to be fed, and immediately starts threatening to throw people off her ship.

I do believe Allison is grasping the nature of royalty.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
royalty is a continuous severing motion

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

The answers seem kind of self-evident, though.

"You're a hero," "you're a hero-in-the-making who needs to be protected from her own moronic decisions," "you're a potential moron who I have to keep from rekindling cosmic war" and "it was this or sit around in the void sleeping off a hangover."

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wittgen posted:

I like the new attitude. Don't like the new haircut so much. Feels like she's walking away from being Sailor Moon.

The sanctioned action is to cut.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Roland Jones posted:

Hell yes. I can't stop laughing.

Don't put up with their bullshit, Allison.
Of course she won't. She chose King.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Phy posted:

The sanctioned action is to blunt cut. Then texturize.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Phy posted:

The sanctioned action is to cut.

Also, "A true ruler is the Wielder of Names. By names she cuts the world as she pleases, and she cuts herself into greater forms still. She is not shaped by the world, but instead becomes the Shaper."

Giving yourself a haircut is one of the truest expressions of Royalty.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

They thought they'd have an easy time getting admission to Allison's harem, fools!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Poltergrift posted:

Giving yourself a haircut is one of the truest expressions of Royalty.

Especially when you do the cutting by just sort of moving the blunt edge of the closed scissors through your hair.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

pseudorandom name posted:

Especially when you do the cutting by just sort of moving the blunt edge of the closed scissors through your hair.

The weak swordsman clings to his instrument.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Somehow I doubt Nyave's tale about why she's on the ship is going to be particularly compelling.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I hope halfway through the haircut she gets frustrated and uses her Will to turn the lovely scissors into divine Cutting instruments, leaving half of her hair all nasty and jagged and the other half flawlessly even

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Royalty doesn't care about their hair. Looks are for people who aren't the omnipotent masters of their fates.

That said, we're at the point where an Action Haircut is almost required.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 22, 2016

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Wittgen posted:

I'm cool with it since its basically Motoko's haircut from Ghost in the Shell.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Mr. Lobe posted:

Oh heyyy THAT's where I knew Gog-Agog from!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3uaGkrUtrM

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AARl1cMxS9w

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Pureauthor posted:

Somehow I doubt Nyave's tale about why she's on the ship is going to be particularly compelling.

https://youtu.be/avaSdC0QOUM?t=25s

Would you like to rethink your question ?

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cat Mattress posted:

Fun fact about the Black Moon Chronicles: one of the authors, Froideval, is responsible for the Tarrasque monster in D&D. If you read the BMC, you'll totally get the feeling that these people are the player characters in exactly the kind of crazy D&D campaign where the DM has to invent overpowered bullshit monsters such as the Tarrasque. Though I'm most fond of his 666 series which is just exceedingly silly.
Super late answer: it is no coincidence it feels that way because BMC actually is based on a D&D campaign where Froideval and pals leveled up to bullshit power levels and dominion over the world, and chronoligically at the very least the fourth work to be set in the world he derived from that campaign (two wargames, Ave Tenebrae and Fiefs et Empires, and one videogame, Drakkhen, though that one is more of a side story).

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Haven't the updates slowed down recently?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

It's still a tuesday/friday schedule?

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

My copy of the trade finally arrived. Now begins the wait for the eventual hardcover of all the books!

My understanding is that Zoss is not concerned with such trivialities such as life and death. Have there been any hints as to whether any of the other original demiurges might be similarly empowered?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I think there was some speculation that Incubus might be intangible in some sense, and so might not be really 'alive'. I'm going to guess Solomon David likes to think he's above life and death.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

More visually intense scenes take abaddon longer to do, so the huge fights near the end took longer to art up.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

AtomikKrab posted:

More visually intense scenes banisters and teacups take abaddon longer to do, so the huge fights near the end took longer to art up.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

rip crate of teacups, the best pursuer. pour one out for my homies that didn't make it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
We all go out in the end, ain't nothing we can do about that. The best we can hope for it get one good hit in before it happens.

Major respect for crate of tea cups. RIP

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

Welp.

https://twitter.com/orbitaldropkick/status/790705889183305728

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

that was a pretty dumb leap of logic, you have to admit
there's even a ssshk sound effect