Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

It's All Right CHief Dharma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

:dealwithit:

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This one gave me a chuckle.

F Minus

Mary Worth

So I'm bored with them talking like this and Mary's shoes looked big so you get a clown. That's how that worked.

Rex Morgan MD

He should be a pirate carrying around a deep-fryer basket.

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Dream of the Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

And He Did. (July, 1915)

Outbursts of Everett True (August, 1915)

Guess If They Are Married! (click for big)

The Gay Thirties (February, 1935, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (January, 1940, click for big)

Mopsy (June, 1940)

Jaf (1967)

Feiffer (1969, click for big)

Tweedy (September 1970, click for big)

Andy Capp (October, 1970, click for big)

Wee Pals (November, 1970, click for big)

Richard's Poor Almanac (click for big)

Dick Tracy (August, 2009, click for big)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
I can't get over Jordan's dopey haircut.

It's like he went to a barber and said "Make me look like a ventriloquist's dummy."

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Simian_Prime posted:

It's like he went to a barber and said "Make me look like a ventriloquist's dummy."

TeerZombie
Aug 5, 2003

Crush all hu-mans!

Lurdiak posted:

Jim Rucks is describing my nightmare dining experience.

What's so terrifying about eating at a diner?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I think that absofabumongous is a wonderful word. :3:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Ohh! Are we about to have some molecule adventures?!

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Simian_Prime posted:

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 21, 2016

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ces is on a march to the goddamn sea up in here

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Her preschool teacher is invited, but not Luann's whipping boy who designed and constructed a full dress in no time at all.

Wait, that doesn't sound right

So A Woman That That Hottie Knew When She Was A Child Can Come But Not Gunther That Poor Guy Will Never Enjoy Any Of Luann's Nubile Bosoms Hmm

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Really Pants posted:

Ces is on a march to the goddamn sea up in here

He's tearing it all down so he can build it back up.

https://twitter.com/fmarciuliano/status/789491312512860161

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Calaveron posted:

Her preschool teacher is invited, but not Luann's whipping boy who designed and constructed a full dress in no time at all.

Wait, that doesn't sound right

So A Woman That That Hottie Knew When She Was A Child Can Come But Not Gunther That Poor Guy Will Never Enjoy Any Of Luann's Nubile Bosoms Hmm

Yeah but Toni and/or Brad know the people they are inviting. They don't know Gunther or most of Luann's friends.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I'm really hoping that the blind guy in Juliet Jones is some kind of criminal mastermind, and the rear end in a top hat 'salesman' is a PI or with Interpol or something.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I love what Ces is doing with both Sally Forth and Judge Parker. Taking Ted's man-child behavior to its realistic endpoint is a bold move, especially in the age of poo poo like Intelligent Life. And it's not just "shrew wife hates on loveable schlub," Sally's written with plenty of her own flaws, and they're working them out the way you'd hope a married couple would be able to. And having Judge Parker characters face Real World Consequences has been absolutely grand. I want him to take over Rex Morgan. wanna see the demonchild nailed to the goddamn wall

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Safety Dance posted:

He's tearing it all down so he can build it back up.

https://twitter.com/fmarciuliano/status/789491312512860161

Am I supposed to be following some other crap so I can fully "get" the comic strip?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

gleebster posted:

Am I supposed to be following some other crap so I can fully "get" the comic strip?

No. He just has said on his blog that he's not going to turn the strip into bleak Funkyness but that the characters will get through this.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

:drat:

Meanwhile, the fatass nerd couple in Working Daze won't shut up about Dr. Who while holding a baby.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The people in the Judge Parker comments bitching about how JP is terrible now that things are actually happening are pretty hilarious.

The Classic Dinette Set needs to sort its poo poo out.

Working Daze tries to milk nostalgia, cleavage. Is this a Gilchrist guest strip?

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix gives us a glimpse into Trump's worst nightmare.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

There is probably an easier way than that to take a crotch shot with that phone.

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty

Command Ant posted:

:drat:

Meanwhile, the fatass nerd couple in Working Daze won't shut up about Dr. Who while holding a baby.

I'd say that's out of left field for Ted, but I've noticed that one of his features is 'He gets coldly perceptive when his back is to the wall'.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Did I miss a 9CL? Because the way I'm reading this yesterday the guy stormed off after being humiliated. Then a day later they're ending a phone conversation and she's about to destroy her phone because her boyfriend is mad about being constantly humiliated by her.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (September 29, 1951)

Nancy (November 13, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (July 13, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (August 11, 1923)

Lil' Abner (April 10, 1937)

Barney Google (August 12, 1922)

Alley Oop (November 11, 1933)

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
I wonder what superhero comics would look like if they were all paced for senior citizens like The Phantom.

We'd have multi-crossover story arcs where the Avengers remember to dress warmly and write home, and 12 volumes of trade paperbacks where...

... geez, I remembered that pretty much all mainstream superheroes have dead parents.

Pretty hosed up when you think about it. :smith:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Simian_Prime posted:

I wonder what superhero comics would look like if they were all paced for senior citizens like The Phantom.

We'd have multi-crossover story arcs where the Avengers remember to dress warmly and write home, and 12 volumes of trade paperbacks where...

... geez, I remembered that pretty much all mainstream superheroes have dead parents.

Pretty hosed up when you think about it. :smith:

Not having parents is like the number one element of a power fantasy because it frees you of tons of obligations throughout your life. Can you imagine how much poo poo Batman's parents would give him if they were around? "You spent how much on that stupid car?"

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Aardmania posted:

Heathcliff

Huh, I didn't know Heathcliff takes place in a modern era Secret of Manaverse.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

quote:

Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member said, 1 day ago
Hey, 5 minutes sitting at the table with “Dear Little Shannon” and Loud-Mouth here, will NEVER wanna have Kids!

quote:

luannfan1212 said, 1 day ago
Trust me the whole crew will end up at the wedding I bet. Although I wonder about Jonah, Moreover it will be at the Fuse. I just hope some of our long-lost characters will return. Remember Delta would be on vacation, Rose could come back for Christmas, the rest are around, and Pru basically runs the Fuse. TJ is not going anywhere although some think he should. I think they all will be invited in the end. A great Wedding panel with the whole crowd in the background, including a visit from GE and daughter. My prediction anyway for what it’s worth.

quote:

Night-Gaunt49 GoComics PRO Member said, 1 day ago
Poor fella no one in his age range, they are all too old or too young. I’d be sad too.

quote:

PipeTobacco GoComics PRO Member said, about 21 hours ago
Actually, with that “jokester” fellow being at the table….. I feel sorry for SHANNON! A little bit of silly banter like he seems to specialize in can be ok…. but man, he is IMO getting into the “obnoxious” category for the length of his efforts.
I am wondering what people think about these two “sentences”:
“When you plan the seating?”
and
“As your Bro-in-law?”
I mentioned it earlier with the “Bro-in-law” comment, but here it is again…. at least in my fashion of understanding the English language, neither of the above two “sentences” are actual sentences…. and neither makes any sense to me with a QUESTION MARK at the end as the punctuation.
I tend to think I am fairly familiar with dialects, and dialectical phrases. I also tend to think I am fairly familiar with current slang…. but, what I am missing here? Are those two sentences above some sort of regional thing about which I am completely clueless about?
I would appreciate any explanation or comments about this. At first, I was thinking it may have been a simple mistake when it happened the first time, but this is the second time the same sort of “odd” pseudo-sentence structure shows up in less than a week…. so it seems intentional.
It really seems strange and odd to me…. I must be missing something.

fort knox

Flying McCoys

Shoe

Dustin

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Help I was sort of amused by Nancy today, should I go for poison or jumping off a building

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

Help I was sort of amused by Nancy today, should I go for poison or jumping off a building

I was gonna say, but I was too ashamed. :shobon:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
What's with the antennas on those women in Dick Tracy?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Nancy getting called out for racism. What's not to love?

BigglesSWE posted:

What's with the antennas on those women in Dick Tracy?

Their moon people, who came from the moon. Well technically Honeymoon Tracy is half-moon people on her late mother's side, and the other one was an amnesiac human woman who was altered to resemble a moon woman as part of a storyline from a few years back.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The MSJ posted:

Nancy getting called out for racism. What's not to love?

She grew up in the 30s, cut her some slack.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
imgur has been having problems today. Hence timg'd Tinkersons.

Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Going as a KKkat?

• Locked thread