Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code
So I bought the digital deluxe on GMG and the Aztecs are not an option in the Civ list in-game.
According to steam I have the digital deluxe. I don't know whats up.

Anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
Did you preorder? As far as I know, Aztec is a preorder bonus and will be released for everyone else in 90 days.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

xgalaxy posted:

So I bought the digital deluxe on GMG and the Aztecs are not an option in the Civ list in-game.
According to steam I have the digital deluxe. I don't know whats up.

Anyone?

Did you just buy it? That was a preorder bonus, not included with the DD edition.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
It's weird that if you don't have access to the right resource (or only have one and are building in a city without an encampment), you can't build the earlier tier. Kinda annoying. I get that they don't want to clutter up the build list, but it should at least show up any time you can't build the latest and greatest.

Also, as always with these games, I find myself getting bored once it's clear that I've won but I'm still a ways away from actually winning. One of the great things about Colonization was that it had a real end game, when the King decided he'd had enough of your poo poo and starts sending over his entire army. Hard to have a similar endgame scenario in a game like Civ where you're ostensibly playing under the same rules as the AI, but still. Maybe natural disasters or alien invasions will show up in the expansion.

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code
I preordered on GMG a couple of weeks ago. Not sure that counts I guess..

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

If they don't get iron they can't upgrade warriors into anything until infantry. Seems like a bit of an oversight to me, they should at least get the option to evolve into the anti cav line.

Yeah and it's so easy to get hosed by having no iron or niter anywhere near your civ. Strategic resources seem to be hit or miss, or maybe I'm spoiled by Civ V mods making them spawn in balanced locations.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

xgalaxy posted:

I preordered on GMG a couple of weeks ago. Not sure that counts I guess..

I think the Aztecs were a separate code, you might check to see if GMG sent you something else.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I finished by first game by winning the cultural victory on accident, while mashing end turn building spaceship parts.

Russia, despite being like 2 eras behind, declared a surprise war on me. While slapping them around a bit I liberated a city for France because it was ugly and I didn't want it, so two turns later France declared a surprise war on me, which seems rude.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
The civpedia in this game is garbage, I got an advisor tip that I could start making corps, and then opened it and searched for "corps" "army" and "combine" and nothing matched. I didn't figure it out until I accidentally activated some of my old units fortified next to each other a thousand years later. It was also hilariously obtuse wrt figuring out how to build archaeologists. When I finally figured that out, I also finally figured out that if you scroll off a specific tech/civic onto the main unlock you would find out about the other things it unlocked

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code

HMS Beagle posted:

I think the Aztecs were a separate code, you might check to see if GMG sent you something else.

That was it! Thanks. It was caught in the spam filter.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Oh god Germans are annoying to be near. Especially when you get Jerusalem in the right so that it and your holy city/capital can both affect an AI capital and Freddy is all "CITY STATES! OMNOMNOM!"

And yeah, there really should be a resource-free intermediary for mainline melee.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 22, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

If they don't get iron they can't upgrade warriors into anything until infantry. Seems like a bit of an oversight to me, they should at least get the option to evolve into the anti cav line.

Yea I had Rome coming at me with Warriors and thought it was dumb AI until I realized I had a few of them still too just because that fuckboy Japan had seemingly all the iron on our landmass on lock. Feels weird that it's just straight clubs to rifles, I'm positive that wasn't how it used to be, right?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
how y'all like the game? got too sick of civ 5's AI crazy cheating/only building tall because wide was never optimal (happiness shenanigans) and multiplayer games would always bug. Is it still optimal to be a tech guru with 4 cities or can i actually play in different ways now?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

splifyphus posted:

Just beat my first game, space win with Gorgo (who isn't very good, her culture kills don't scale with era/cost).

Technically they do, it's 50% of defeated unit strength it's just that unit strength doesn't scale as high as civic costs.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bef posted:

how y'all like the game? got too sick of civ 5's AI crazy cheating/only building tall because wide was never optimal (happiness shenanigans) and multiplayer games would always bug. Is it still optimal to be a tech guru with 4 cities or can i actually play in different ways now?

nope, wide is the name of the game now.

game's good, the only major complaints seem to be around the "the UI looks nice but it's kinda clunky and not great at actually telling you things" stuff rather than 'this loving game is broke'

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

bef posted:

Building wide is way, way, way more valuable now. You can also totally stay with building super tall tech haven too.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Also, sorry if this is something that got covered earlier, but did anyone else notice that with the new city growth limit mechanics, the AI straight up doesn't give a poo poo about coastal cities anymore? I played a continent map on Prince, conquered my home continent, and I couldn't believe it when I explored the coastline of the other continent and the only ports there were city states and one tiny afterthought city a civ founded because they were probably prescient about the aluminum and uranium there

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

bef posted:

AI's about the same, only with a few special issues with the game balance (incredibly warmongery early on, not so much later due to war mongering cost literally not existing in the ancient era, and then becoming stifling in later eras).

But economy of growth is entirely different. NO MORE GLOBAL HAPPINESS! Instead happiness amenities allow you to grow your cities larger. Each copy of a luxury gives an amenity to 4 cities, so If you have 4 or less cities, the old rules more or less apply with resources since any extras aren't really worth it. Have 5-8 cities you want two of each though, and so on. But mainly lacking happiness amenities only really hurts your later colonies since your first four cities will always get first dibs on luxuries.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Has anyone tried multiplayer yet? I see there are MP scenario-type things now.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

Building wide is way, way, way more valuable now. You can also totally stay with building super tall tech haven too.

Supertall mostly only works if you've found the absolute perfect spots to build in. The thing about wide is that you can assign your border cities as your military producers and focus on culture/science/faith for you internal tall cities. Military matters a lot here because walls suck in this game compared to Civ 5 and you will get swarmed without a proper military. And, on top of all of that, it's a big waste of culture/science snowball to pause every now and then to build Swordsmen or Knights or Infantry.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

You can also go for a mix where you have some good cities and some cities you plainly don't give a poo poo about because lovely cities don't detract from your empire in any way

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Oh god I'm way too invested with Civ5/BE and having a rougher time wrapping my head around this than I thought. The tutorial didn't help much so I'm just going to dive in on a low difficulty.

I hope they expand upon the leaders with lots of DLC and poo poo, because the list feels super small (This is probably just because I'm comparing it to Civ 5 of course).

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I'm already getting really tired of hearing Sean Bean talk about taking upright steps.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Zomborgon posted:

I'm already getting really tired of hearing Sean Bean talk about taking upright steps.

I'll never get tired of hearing Sean Bean talk about anything.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Zomborgon posted:

blasphemy

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Zomborgon posted:

Start taking downward steps, then

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I just wanted to post that I got a relic in my Aztec game: the grass cutting sword, made by a "martyred apostle." This religion must be the most badass.

What stores relics, other than the palace? Cathedrals? Museums? Anything else?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Loving the game, but.. Why in the hell does the report screen tell me how many bonus resources I have? They don't do anything outside of the city that is using them. This information is useless. I just want to know if I have extra luxury resources so that I can trade them.

Typical weird information, just like every other civ game. Looking forward to someone fixing this in a mod next week.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I just wanted to post that I got a relic in my Aztec game: the grass cutting sword, made by a "martyred apostle." This religion must be the most badass.

What stores relics, other than the palace? Cathedrals? Museums? Anything else?

Temples store them. And I think some wonders have slots for them.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Awesome. Now to crush Lisbon and claim the cliffs of Dover for myself

Sharrow
Aug 20, 2007

So... mediocre.
From reddit: a quick change to enable WASD camera movement and make edge scrolling less lovely.

https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/58q3qj/psa_guide_on_how_to_enable_wasd_andor_other/

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I was miles ahead and Next Turning my certain science victory while watching new Black Mirror and got pipped by a ghandi cultural victory with no warning. Rip game 1, you were mine if I knew and could've been bothered to invade

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Does anybody know how visiting tourists/domestic tourism numbers are derived from your culture/tourism output? I can't find any information on this in-game, and the best I could come up with via observation is "the older the thing is the more visiting tourists it has, also they visit wonders which don't even generate tourism".

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You feel much weaker in this game than in civ5, even when everything is going great. Forced city specialization will take some getting used to.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Zomborgon posted:

Ya he sucks actually. He reads everything like he's never seen the words before. I need a Leonard Neemoy mod ASAP

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

WASD camera fix and other stuff like faster tooltips

It's mentioned that you can remove the logos at the start in the comments but they don't explain how to actually do it. :mad:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Odobenidae posted:

WASD camera fix and other stuff like faster tooltips

It's mentioned that you can remove the logos at the start in the comments but they don't explain how to actually do it. :mad:

"Replace intro logo with an empty bk2 file to remove it. http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm to create an empty .bik file, then rename it to logos.bk2 and place it in \Base\Platforms\Windows\Movies"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i hate having to get a haircut, i wanna get back to my civ and build that frickin holy site. i have the perfect spot for it, it's adjacent to four mountain tiles, three of which aren't in my city radius, and i'm gonna settle a gs that makes it produce science equal to its adjacency bonuses in it :v

Henker
May 5, 2009

So does this game have borderless windowed mode? One of my main complaints about Civ V/BE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Boy this game is fun, there goes six hours

I would have to echo the concerns about production being too low and being unable to keep up with science and civics. 30 turns for a monument in a new city is pretty absurd. It feels like the hammer cost for everything should be like a whole 50% less

I haven't noticed any AI tomfoolery but I've mostly been peaceful. I've gotten pretty used to the UI at this point, all I want is a panel with information about where and when the next cultural growth is going to happen