Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

:supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Yeah, games work fine for me now but I can't join friends at all. Sucks.

e: Got the Epic ERAD from a box, thing is silly

Zodack fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 22, 2016

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I want to like IW but the hit detection is not helping.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
imo the hitscan is much better than previous games, minus beta shenanigans. It's what makes the TTK feel so low. The spawns are kind of suspect but the hits feel more smooth than Blops 3 to me.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
ok so i woke up at 5am for no reason.. decided to play a little bit. Realized 2 things. 1. There is no learning curve to sniper rifles, unlock the widow maker and camp to win. 2. They unlocked the level cap, you can be higher than level 30 now.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Morning CoD players are the best.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wrong thread imagine I posted the Extinction guide instead.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Bob and I are playing right now.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
is it bad that every major COD Youtuber is making GBS threads on IW

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

sba posted:

is it bad that every major COD Youtuber is making GBS threads on IW
oh you mean like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KasWKwOIJlY

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Yeah, having Drift0r come out and say it sucks is a pretty big deal.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Drift0r is pretty bearable as far as CoD YouTubers go but I can't help but roll my eyes at him diagnosing the problems with the variant guns when he hasn't used any of them.

For example, he complains about the ERAD Cerberus. You get "an extra weapon, because why not?" - Except that the shotgun is very weak and uses ammo from the same reserves as the SMG.

Don't get me wrong this isn't the best CoD ever but a lot of that video seems to be him looking at the descriptions of things and saying "yes, this is overpowered because it looks overpowered". Him complaining about bull rush was silly because every time I've ever seen it used I just jump over it and kill the guy.

I agree with him on some weird lag and the spawns are completely screwed, yeah.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Zodack posted:

Drift0r is pretty bearable as far as CoD YouTubers go but I can't help but roll my eyes at him diagnosing the problems with the variant guns when he hasn't used any of them.

For example, he complains about the ERAD Cerberus. You get "an extra weapon, because why not?" - Except that the shotgun is very weak and uses ammo from the same reserves as the SMG.

Don't get me wrong this isn't the best CoD ever but a lot of that video seems to be him looking at the descriptions of things and saying "yes, this is overpowered because it looks overpowered". Him complaining about bull rush was silly because every time I've ever seen it used I just jump over it and kill the guy.

I agree with him on some weird lag and the spawns are completely screwed, yeah.

Speaking of variants, I'm at the part where he says "oh there's no way of knowing what variant this guy's using". Except... there is? The color of the line under the gun on the feed will tell ya? I mean... yeah. There's A way to tell. Not sure if it's a good way, but at least there's a way.

Then again, that really only applies to watching a teammate die and then engaging. Straight 1v1s and whatnot, I sorta agree.

But other than that, I'm probably not gonna be the space man too much. Like, I'm still buying for MWR and "No Extinction Mode Because Activision Thought Zombies Is A Better Selling Co-Op Mode For EVERY Developer To Have".

Javes
May 6, 2012

Snipers are being nerfed today! It also looks like they're fixing the guns, perks, and items unlocked after level 30 that aren't working in the game right now.

https://twitter.com/JoeCecot/status/789935910561296384

Javes fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 22, 2016

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I wonder if I tweet at them REMOVE QUICKSCOPING over and over they'll do it?

Glad the snipers are getting taken down a notch, I don't think I have ever been hit by one that didn't kill me instantly.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Javes posted:

It also looks like they're fixing the guns, perks, and items unlocked after level 30 that aren't working in the game right now.

This is live, along with a new bug preventing you from earning experience with them.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Zodack posted:

I wonder if I tweet at them REMOVE QUICKSCOPING over and over they'll do it?

Glad the snipers are getting taken down a notch, I don't think I have ever been hit by one that didn't kill me instantly.

PROTIP: If you cant beat them... join them. Had my first 5 2.0+ K/D matches today all cause I was using a sniper rifle.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I have zero intention of ever trying to pick up and learn quickscoping. I play the game just fine without it, and I definitely don't need a sniper to go over 2.0.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Zodack posted:

I have zero intention of ever trying to pick up and learn quickscoping. I play the game just fine without it, and I definitely don't need a sniper to go over 2.0.

Im not even talking about quickscoping.

Stop being so salty. Unless you just want to lose over and over. half the time I pick a spot where I can watch 2 lanes and I hard scope and pick people off coming around corners. You'd be surprised at the number of people who blindly run around without thinking there could be a sniper hardscoped looking at their travel lane.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Game is awesome, no problems at all, working as intended, right guys?

https://gfycat.com/FatherlyDefinitiveGangesdolphin

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

bear is driving! posted:

Game is awesome, no problems at all, working as intended, right guys?

https://gfycat.com/FatherlyDefinitiveGangesdolphin

Some guns shoot stuff that ricochets. You can see it impact the wall when the guy dies.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The volk isn't one of them. The bigger question is why you running sniper on the FTL rig.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Sultan Tarquin posted:

The volk isn't one of them. The bigger question is why you running sniper on the FTL rig.

Yeah it is. It's an energy weapon. Instead of FMJ, they get Ram Servo which makes bullets boncier.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
It's not my gameplay, so I have no idea. I just thought it was funny.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

JackGeneric posted:

Yeah it is. It's an energy weapon. Instead of FMJ, they get Ram Servo which makes bullets boncier.

Huh! I guess I read the description wrong I thought it only increased equipment damage.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Oops double post.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
In the killcam it doesn't show him having Ram Servo as an attachment. That was my guess, too. Maybe they bounce naturally and the ram server makes them... bounce more? Its description is "increases ricochets" or something to that effect so maybe energy weapons naturally bounce if you hit at the right angle.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Zodack posted:

In the killcam it doesn't show him having Ram Servo as an attachment. That was my guess, too. Maybe they bounce naturally and the ram server makes them... bounce more? Its description is "increases ricochets" or something to that effect so maybe energy weapons naturally bounce if you hit at the right angle.

Yeah, I think it's a probability thing, cause I generally don't use Ram Servo and I've had some obvious ricochet hits with energy weapons.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

Im not even talking about quickscoping.

You'd be surprised at the number of people who blindly run around without thinking there could be a sniper hardscoped looking at their travel lane.

Truth. :hfive:

It helps that Frontier is 90% blind corners though.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mister Macys posted:

Personal radar shines on that map. As long as you pack two of them.

And maybe buff equipment life span with that one trait.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Also - how'd he get the Volk? 30 is the max in the beta (unless PS4 is doing something special again) - that guy was 28 and none of the starter loadouts come with the Volk, either.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Guys I think I genuinely like infinite warfare.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Me too!

Zodack posted:

Also - how'd he get the Volk? 30 is the max in the beta (unless PS4 is doing something special again) - that guy was 28 and none of the starter loadouts come with the Volk, either.

The level cap was raised (PS4 at least)

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ditto. Anything but Ghosts 2 (I think Ghosts 1 is the worst entry in the franchise, by far) probably would have been fine for me, but I think the core mechanics of the game are just plain fun. There's the usual CoD bullshit with lag, campers and all that, but it looks good, sounds good, and the guns mostly feel great to use.

I quite like most of the maps too (except Throwback) and all things considered, I'm glad I've ordered it.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Apparently a lag comp fix went in today. People are saying that it feels a like better as a result. I'm going to hop on when I get home this evening and see if I have any love for this now that that's been somewhat addressed.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

housefly posted:

Apparently a lag comp fix went in today. People are saying that it feels a like better as a result. I'm going to hop on when I get home this evening and see if I have any love for this now that that's been somewhat addressed.

I also wanna see if this makes me like anything about this game now.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

thanks for watching my stream last night macys. your tips on making sniping even easier were appreciated. Also I enjoyed talking to you about breadmaking.

but yeah, end result is: Sniping is WAY too loving easy if I can run around doing it and still go positive. Alternately: the maps are so poorly designed that I can literally just stand out in the open and get bloodthirsties.

Fatty_McLumpkin fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 23, 2016

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Got the orange kbar from a supply crate and man I wish I could use this poo poo with a mouse. Felt pretty good anyhow.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I'll be on today while I recover from the weekend if people are shooting the mans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Got the orange kbar from a supply crate and man I wish I could use this poo poo with a mouse. Felt pretty good anyhow.

After unlocking the Volk (space AK), I can finally say there is a good AR in this game. Very nice 3HK with little recoil. Only problem right now is that I can't unlock any attachments for it because it's bugged.

• Locked thread