Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Now I'm imagining what will happen if the BoB winds up recovering that pod anyway, and discovers two dead guards with that note from Travis :(

Also YES PRINGLES although I am a little bummed that we didn't find out more info from that.

(Spoilered because it's the top of the page and I'd hate to ruin it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Yeah, I feel like there's a common courtesy behind not totally going off the rails. I get why Travis did it, and it seems that Griffin was ready to drop the hammer if it went wrong. I am still willing to bet money that Travis fabricated his roll whole cloth.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

showbiz_liz posted:

Now I'm imagining what will happen if the BoB winds up recovering that pod anyway, and discovers two dead guards with that note from Travis :(

Personally I'm hoping they'll pop up as contestants in whatever The Suffering Game is. If its based off Zero Escape like Griffin said, it'll be a trust-based game, and I imagine they wouldn't want to play a trust-based game with a dude who clobbered them in the head and kidnapped them nor vice versa.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I just went to the grocery store, and I'm Like a Bird was playing on the radio, and I was trying not to grin like a moron thinking of Taako.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

flatluigi posted:

I'm pretty interested to see if Travis' running off might be the start of them trying a lot of more freeform ideas, since up to now it's mostly been going with Griffin's flow (which, of course, is not necessarily a bad thing, it's just definitely easier to do that. honestly, it might even be them respecting what Griffin's come up with too much to want to completely gently caress with his plans!)

Hopefully not too freefrom. My experience with playing and DM'ing is that if you (as a DM) don't drop any hooks, most players really have no idea what to do or what direction to run in. Likewise, if the players completely ignore the hooks, it can be difficult for the DM to come up with something that feels fun, alive, and fully developed.

Basically as a DM you should come prepared with a couple of ideas for the session hashed out while droping 3x as many hints/clues/plothooks as you think you'll need in order to get players to grab on. And as a player, unless you have a really good idea of what you want to do or what direction you want to push the story, it's in your best interest to bite at a plothook once you see one, or at least the one that seems the coolest.

Or to make a long post even longer, the DM provides 2 sides of a triangle, and the entertainment comes from seeing how the players draw the third side.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised it took them that long to go find Pringles. The episode he gets locked up, they end the episode going "hmmmmm, how do we end this in am exciting way?" Like duh jailbreak.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
could you guys use spoiler tags please

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Improbable Lobster posted:

MaxFun's style guide for ads must be designed to make them as lovely as possible. I only just realized which ad was for Judge John Hodgeman because I usually reflexively skip it.

JJH is the only good MaxFun ad because that "Ayers Rock." "Uluru." bit is actually funny.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

pee out my butt posted:

JJH is the only good MaxFun ad because that "Ayers Rock." "Uluru." bit is actually funny.

Yeah, I don't mind it because it gives a sample of the content, then a no-nonsense rundown of what the podcast is. I would like it if John updated it with a new clip since this one's been in use for like three years.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I did check out jjh because I couldn't figure out if a machine-gun was a robot.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I dont remember CGI putting up submissions this week. Did they really do that Reddit trying Nick suggested? Cause gently caress Reddit.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

greatn posted:

I dont remember CGI putting up submissions this week. Did they really do that Reddit trying Nick suggested? Cause gently caress Reddit.

Fraid so my dude.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoolGamesInc/comments/58q3bh/the_dank_nug_zone_the_official_game_ideas/

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Half of them are loving Switch jokes, COME ON.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well hope they don't stick to it.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

It just reads like someone uploaded all the previous CGIs into a Markov bot. Lotta "dating sim," "cooking game," references to previous games and other McElroy shows... Some actually interesting suggestions too, don't get me wrong.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

What is the difference between "top" and "best" comments and why do they both give me eight thousand terrible Switch jokes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

greatn posted:

THERE'S ONLY MORE SWITCH JOKES AND THEY'RE NOT EVEN GOOD

There's also a piping hot Lil John What/Yeah/Okay joke in there for ya. Love living in 2006.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

dijon du jour posted:

What is the difference between "top" and "best" comments and why do they both give me eight thousand terrible Switch jokes.

I think it's on "contest" mode, meaning the voting is hidden and posts are randomised, so I don't think sorting will be much help.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
So what's the likely school of magic for the Animus Bell? I'm bad at schools of magic and I can barely even remember which ones that the previous relics fell under

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

The whole "one relic for each school of magic" thing got dropped.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Since when?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

He posted it in the TAZ subreddit at some point and that website is absolutely impossible to navigate, so I can't find it now. I think he said something about using the schools of magic from some other game, and only afterward finding out that DnD already has schools of magic.

EDIT: Oh, the spoiler tags on the TAZ subreddit look like static. That's cute!

Ariong fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 22, 2016

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Half of them are loving Switch jokes, COME ON.

greatn posted:

Huh? They said on the show that this week's submissions should all be Switch related

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

pee out my butt posted:

The opening "Tie is a pedantic person" line makes me immediately try to skip

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjbxDblprzo

Someone made a Car Boys Shelter mash up and uh... It's good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Huh? They said on the show that this week's submissions should all be Switch related

I'm not caught up, I'm sorry.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

flatluigi posted:

So what's the likely school of magic for the Animus Bell? I'm bad at schools of magic and I can barely even remember which ones that the previous relics fell under

I am guessing illusion. Opens up some interesting possibilities.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
It's a bell that allows you to access the genetic memories of your ancestors.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

les enfants Terrific! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjbxDblprzo

Someone made a Car Boys Shelter mash up and uh... It's good.

At 1:13, which car boys episode was that? It looks wholly unfamiliar, and I though I had watched every episode multiple times.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They should take all submissions next eek on the Funky Barn Miiverse page

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

"Ayers Rock" "Uluru" is a good punchline, but for real, no one calls it Ayers Rock anymore.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

poor life choice posted:

I am guessing illusion. Opens up some interesting possibilities.

We already had the Occulus, which turned illusions real.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Roach Warehouse posted:

"Ayers Rock" "Uluru" is a good punchline, but for real, no one calls it Ayers Rock anymore.

Jesus, we've got a racist contrarian contingent who insist on calling Denali Mt. McKinley and loving Australia can agree on Uluru?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Roach Warehouse posted:

Honestly didn't know it was a punchline until just now.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Improbable Lobster posted:

The opening "Tie is a pedantic person" line makes me immediately try to skip

What REALLY fucks me up about that sentence is that the dude totally pronounces that word as "pedantric". Once you notice that, you'll never un-hear it.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Poopy Palpy posted:

Jesus, we've got a racist contrarian contingent who insist on calling Denali Mt. McKinley and loving Australia can agree on Uluru?

the only people I know of that were fighting to keep the name mckinley were shitheads from ohio

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

poop dood posted:

What REALLY fucks me up about that sentence is that the dude totally pronounces that word as "pedantric". Once you notice that, you'll never un-hear it.

does Justin's pronunciation of 'modern' bug anyone else, has this ever been addressed

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

He pronounced it wrong in the first episode, then did it in the following episodes to make it seem intentional.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's definitely intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
They've also attributed that to an actor in some theatre company they were in.