Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
...yes, they were behind on dragons and gold because they kept throwing resources top lane at an ekko while ambition soloed dragon and their other lanes farmed? what about this don't you understand

it's not like h2k played well at all, see [THROW AT BARON], but ekko being a joke of a champion was on full display here, in the same way that nidalee was in game 4 yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

XyrlocShammypants posted:

It's too bad ANX totally luck sacked their way through, or else H2k would have been out in the quarters

I actually really respect anx in their group perfomance and felt like their quarters was a bit of a let down I'm just saying that with the korean dominance being so clear I feel like the overall placements don't matter as much as the actual games against the good teams.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

i think the only way clg could beat h2k is if they all got sucked into the giant black hole clg fields in mid lane every game

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
We don't serve your country
Don't serve your king
Know your custom don't speak your tongue
Koreans came took everyone

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

You're actually delusional. Not a single player on CLG performed better than any member on H2K

Prolly would prolly give Asol to Huhi and Nidalee to Xmithie in every game tho...

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

ArbitraryC posted:

I actually really respect anx in their group perfomance and felt like their quarters was a bit of a let down I'm just saying that with the korean dominance being so clear I feel like the overall placements don't matter as much as the actual games against the good teams.

You have to understand, Xyrloc really, really doesn't believe Wildcard teams can be even decent.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
more relevantly, banning mf and not prioritising zyra, because you are aggressively attempting to lose bot lane

jankos needs to go full first blood god in this game or cuvee is going to drag this game away by the heels [assuming bot lane doesn't just die to olaf repeatedly, like last game]

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ungulateman posted:

more relevantly, banning mf and not prioritising zyra, because you are aggressively attempting to lose bot lane

feel like we should blame Jayce this game

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ungulateman posted:

It's seriously bizarre how badly support Miss Fortune is warping the drafting phase.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Shouldn't let anyone get Jayce and Jhin on the same team. With even a small lead their siege will be unstoppable. It's really miserable from what I've seen this tournament.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ArbitraryC posted:

they were behind in gold and dragons despite being 12/5, I dunno what game you were watching but it looked real one sided to me.
Things that contributed to SSG's win:

*Ryu losing early game pretty handily while Crown is on his signature champ
*Nidalee being so broken that Bengi could play her
*Ekko being broken and out-scaling almost every top laner so hard that he can literally split-push forever unless someone sends 2+ players after him

Olaf was huge and nobody had a good way of dealing with him that game, and SSG's bot lane lost. What allowed SSG to do what they did was Ekko/Nidalee taking objectives and staying as far away from team fights as they could. H2K threw the chance they had to climb back at Baron and it was over at that point. It was a bad pick/ban that lost H2K that game, SSG got 3 power picks.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Clg at least took a game from rox, I wouldn't say their worlds performance was great but that was something.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Just to confirm, SKT are the tournament favourites right?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Libertine posted:

Shouldn't let anyone get Jayce and Jhin on the same team. With even a small lead their siege will be unstoppable. It's really miserable from what I've seen this tournament.

i'm glad we can agree that we can blame this upcoming loss to Jayce

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Rooting for h2k tho, their week 2 comeback was amazing enough that I'd rather see them in a the finals than ssg.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
*windspeaker zyra again?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
WINDSPEAKER ZYRA AGAIN WHAT THE gently caress

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Moatman posted:

You have to understand, Xyrloc really, really doesn't believe Wildcard teams can be even decent.

I hate gimmick slots. It's purpose is expanding viewership and playerbase rather than getting the best teams involved. I'd rather see KT Rolster and a We/Gu than a wildcard.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

:siren: windspeaker's zyra :siren:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ArbitraryC posted:

Clg at least took a game from rox, I wouldn't say their worlds performance was great but that was something.
Koreans teams are notorious for not trying their hardest in Group's because they don't want to reveal too much to other teams. It's always been true, this is why Samsing Ozone didn't make it past Groups in Season 3 (They were loving around too much and lost a tie breaker to Gambit)

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

Koreans teams are notorious for not trying their hardest in Group's because they don't want to reveal too much to other teams. It's always been true, this is why Samsing Ozone didn't make it past Groups in Season 3 (They were loving around too much and lost a tie breaker to Gambit)

tell that to g2 and splyce

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Alris posted:

Just to confirm, SKT are the tournament favourites right?

coming in, they were one of two or three probably.

As of playoffs they were the overwhelming favorite I feel

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

tell that to g2 and splyce
G2 choked and Splyce didn't stand a chance. They weren't trying anything

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Ryu is not having a good series

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ryu? he is bad

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I really like that gank tho, head bot and you either get the kill or not but you force them into a defensive position for free, if they countergank top in response you trade a kill for infernal drake otherwise you can just take the push, seems kind of win win.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
jhin is retarded

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

When SKT wins World's, I hope Kkoma comes to coach H2K and brings Rookie with him

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

Ryu is not having a good series

He's just getting bodied. SSG's smelling that he's the weak link.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

ryu? he is bad

He needs to stop doing indescribably stupid things like positioning aggressively with no summoners over and over and over and over and over.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
First blood and brick is a good start

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Got the infernals tied up too!

So much gold is on lee tho

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i feel like crown is impossibly far ahead

stump collector
May 28, 2007
vander ??? hit the turret??

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

And there goes H2k's entire map in 2 minutes

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Ruby Sightstone Karma coming to fart all the air out of the atmosphere

stump collector
May 28, 2007
why is lemon nation doing pick ban for every team

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Oh well. This means that I'll at least get some sleep next weekend.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
unprecedented scenes where kr player on non kr team suddenly is garbage against actual korean team 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok folks who do blame for h2k's loss this game

• Locked thread