Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
H2k have already lost because they left CuVee too many good top lane picks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't like that they first picked ryze for ryu, instead of jayce for odo. Also put ryu on vlad and forgiven on lucian

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

Because he's not going to get tanky enough in the early game to manage all of her poke if lanes go even, so it depends on jungle pressure so Ali can all-in the Zyra and snowball the lane. Jankos shouldn't be wasting time on bottom lane when Ambition and CuVee are running outstanding pressure games and Ryu is feeding harder than he's ever fed before.

Yeah i can see that, I dunno I think janky is doin good enough to snowball that pretty hard but even setting aside the priority you shouldn't pick worse poke into it. If you're gonna be behind might as well go an adc good at farming plus a sustain support, I just fundamentally do not understand the karma into zyra and I think it's lost nearly every game.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

RealFoxy posted:

H2k have already lost because they left CuVee too many good top lane picks
And then they picked Ryu's Ryze again lmao

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Stupid loving p/b, prolly

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

And then they picked Ryu's Ryze again lmao

it could be top ryze!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
left jayce and viktor up

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
H2k lost in picks and bans again.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
it's the awful 'let's pick the same thing that lost, repeatedly' drafting from the quarters

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I love that SSG even threw them a bone by letting H2K pick which top laner they wanted because they certainly didn't have to lock in the Viktor that round.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
gently caress Prolly and Ryu for these drafts, jesus gently caress

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah i can see that, I dunno I think janky is doin good enough to snowball that pretty hard but even setting aside the priority you shouldn't pick worse poke into it. If you're gonna be behind might as well go an adc good at farming plus a sustain support, I just fundamentally do not understand the karma into zyra and I think it's lost nearly every game.

It's because Karma's what everyone thought was going to be the Big Pick for ranged supports at Worlds, so that's what everyone's practiced... except for the people who realized that Zyra's still really loving strong, and then you get CoreJJ and Gorilla pulling out loving support Miss Fortune like an ace from their sleeve, which no one except those two have practiced in any capacity. The result is that none of the other remaining teams can reasonably counter Zyra, and if they take Zyra themselves, they get bodied by Miss Fortune.

Libertine posted:

gently caress Prolly and Ryu for these drafts, jesus gently caress

You want to know the definition of insanity?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

God loving bless, somehow H2K manages to pick a single winning lane with Trundle

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vermain posted:

This time it will work :shepface:

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
this draft is dreadful... Trundle should at least win lane...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Anyways, Stream 2's got SSG Fog of War, so that should at least be some good insight before I go back to playing Stellaris. :v:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Vermain posted:

It's because Karma's what everyone thought was going to be the Big Pick for ranged supports at Worlds, so that's what everyone's practiced... except for the people who realized that Zyra's still really loving strong, and then you get CoreJJ and Gorilla pulling out loving support Miss Fortune like an ace from their sleeve, which no one except those two have practiced in any capacity. The result is that none of the other remaining teams can reasonably counter Zyra, and if they take Zyra themselves, they get bodied by Miss Fortune.

so just pick a support with a heal into it with cait or ez and play a farm lane. The karma part is what confuses me, it's like they want to fight zyra and that's literally playing into that support's main strength.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
I'm getting spring split flashbacks

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

so just pick a support with a heal into it with cait or ez and play a farm lane. The karma part is what confuses me, it's like they want to fight zyra and that's literally playing into that support's main strength.

That's true. I think Nami could at least keep the lane from totally collapsing, and it's not like she becomes useless like this Ruby Karma poo poo post-15 minutes. I can only chalk it up to people just being uncomfortable on her because she's been out of the meta for a while.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
the 'supports with a heal' are nami (who typically loses that lane) and soraka (who is arguably an even bigger wet fart than karma, who at least runs fast), there's a reason gorilla practiced loving support mf for this matchup

e: odoamne is korean for 'ban olaf'

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 23, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

God loving bless, somehow H2K manages to pick a single winning lane with Trundle

Think again!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

Because in scrims, everyone went HAM all the time and Karma was a really great support for that type of playstyle because she had so much burst/poke it was oppressive. But that's not how hardly any team ever plays on stage, so the biggest advantage that Karma has is negligible, on top of her being such a pitiful "flex" pick because she's half the flex that Lulu was at one time.

Over time people started to figure out that Zyra did everything that Karma did but much better + utility; I have no clue why anyone's still picking Karma instead of trying to figure out counters to Zyra.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
You don't counter Zyra with heals. You counter her with poke from champs like Velkoz or Lux or apparently Miss Fortune.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

mantra E with windspeaker's blessing is actually a big deal and mantra q can win lanes by itself, the problem is that the former is literally all support karma offers past 15 minutes and the latter is really bad against zyra

also i know everyone loves support vel'koz and lux but it's pretty telling that gorilla's choice to outpoke zyra is a full damage ad marksman rather than them, they're bad

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Think again!
Nah; it's like playing Ekko, you're going to lose early game but as he gets items he's going to out-scale and out-push everyone. If H2K manage to make it about 35 minutes in Poppy won't even be able to hurt Trundle

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

alright that was a game winning dive

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The tilt is real

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Nook posted:

alright that was a game winning dive

not the way you'd want it to be

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

YancyQ posted:

You don't counter Zyra with heals. You counter her with poke from champs like Velkoz or Lux or apparently Miss Fortune.

i understand you're probably a leading expert on the support mf meta but in my humble worlds watching experience I feel like karma has lost nearly every game against zyra and outside of supp mf which was unheard of until this week or the supp vel/lux that no pros are using ever and are probably bad you weren't going to outpoke her, so assuming you're not an expert in mf your options are something like karma which loses, hard engage like ali which is only viable if you wanna focus jung on bot, or weathering the storm.

In my lowly plat experience i've found sustain is a p good counter to zyra if you don't get caught really badly, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's diff at a pro level.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you just cant beat BUNG, actually

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RealFoxy posted:

The tilt is real

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I wish someone played Nautilus support at the pro level, because I think he actually stands a chance of beating her out in lane. He can mitigate the poke with his shield, and he's got really great engage if he can get into her face + even at range his ultimate offers decent CC that you can follow up on.

Sona would be another option if she weren't like, the most fragile champion in the game. Her Poke/Heal game is good and her ultimate is a game changer; but she's just too frail to play in this meta.

You don't want to put Nami into this game because she's fragile too and her strength in lane depends on hitting bubbles which is her only form of engage/disengage; it's much safer to play Karma since she has more than one way in/out.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Ambitious just dickin around

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jankos has reached that tilt in solo queue after you've been winning game for 30 minutes on your own but your team is so loving stupid they can't manage themselves so you just throw your body at the enemy in frustration praying your ADC accidentally gets a kill

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ambition with the bm

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
At least tsm beat this team once ;)

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

world's most tepid crowd

i'm glad they're not booing but man they recognise this is awful league of legends

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
So when will they just rename worlds to "Korean World Championships"

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

luckily for eu the biggest losers of this set were prolly and ryu who are decidedly not european

• Locked thread