Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

poor life choice posted:

Raid pulse or raid hand cannon for shanks in Aksis pt 2? They're my highest light primaries, one is getting the boot.

Can never go wrong with a full auto Hakke pulse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

poor life choice posted:

Raid pulse or raid hand cannon for shanks in Aksis pt 2? They're my highest light primaries, one is getting the boot.

Raid HC is dog poo poo, you will probably get a lot of both of them though.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
This guy is my hero

http://guardian.gg/en/profile/1/OS%20x%20PX4%20STORM/14

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Looks like he got gud.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Wow that's going to result in a ban for sure

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what am i even looking at there? a smurf? someone buying carries?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

What am I looking at here?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Look at all the individual games lmao a pattern emerges

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what am i even looking at there? a smurf? someone buying carries?

Like every game has 1+ deserters on the other team and a win for him

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
How would you even coordinate that?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
He's doing some sort of network manipulating to knock his opponents out. It's a thing that people do.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poor life choice posted:

Lol such sweet innocence

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

poor life choice posted:

DDoS an opponent. Lighthouse is serious business.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

poor life choice posted:

If you figured out a way to gently caress your opponents' connection you could just effectively boot them from the session as soon as you got a lead, maybe

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i didn't even know modern consoles were that vulnerable to ddos attacks

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's cool though we now have a pretty good example to follow and see exactly how much teeth bungie has.

The fucker is #7 in trials elo lmao if bungie was, say, a good dev like blizzard this guy would have been permabanned already. Meanwhile this guy is loving dudes out of lighthouse runs as we speak.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
You take advantage of Destiny's p2p networking
E: somebody must have messaged him because they threw a game lol. The 100% doubles wins don't lie though

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

The Meat Dimension posted:

You take advantage of Destiny's p2p networking

i figured it probably had something to do with it being p2p but i'm by no means good at this poo poo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i didn't even know modern consoles were that vulnerable to ddos attacks

Everything with an internet connection is DDoSable.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

haveblue posted:

Everything with an internet connection is DDoSable.

well yeah. i just imagined with consoles most of the issue would be figuring out your opponent's ip.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
A dude just used a million toasters and Nest Thermometers to take out the east coast DNS servers

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

well yeah. i just imagined with consoles most of the issue would be figuring out your opponent's ip.

Which is goddamn trivial, it's super easy to get a firewall that lists new connections and if it shows up during matchmaking you pay 50 cents to some hacker group to send ten million connections to that address for 30 seconds.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

xzzy posted:

Which is goddamn trivial, it's super easy to get a firewall that lists new connections and if it shows up during matchmaking you pay 50 cents to some hacker group to send ten million connections to that address for 30 seconds.

brb going to the lighthouse

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Oh that makes a lot more sense. I was thinking that this was some supreme effort to have people drop out so he could get wins.

I am a child. :shobon:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can get a ~gamer router~ that will tell you all kinds of things about who you're connected to, that's how people figured out SBMM was giving them opponents on other continents.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

xzzy posted:

Yeah this is probably what's going on, especially since the source code for the dumb botnet whatever that shut down DynDNS is open source now.

Dude could be super crafty and doing something else but Occam's Razor etc

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

You can get a ~gamer router~ that will tell you all kinds of things about who you're connected to, that's how people figured out SBMM was giving them opponents on other continents.

I've played stomp 6s with a dude who has one and it's hilarious.

There's this whole shadow realm of people who are so bad at this game.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Hey some of us are really bad but still don't cheat

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Net duma isn't cheating it's the router that has an easy interface to be very selective about who can connect to you. It's literally the exact opposite of a Ddos.

If the game can't match you again pros from Fiji, Colombia and a dude playing from his truck via a tethered note 7 it will eventually give up and just match you with a nice connection.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
That ain't what that guy is doing

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

He keeps doing it too, you only get lighthouse rewards once a week per char. Why the gently caress would you keep doing it?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
first time on the internet, huh? to inconvenience strangers.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

texaholic posted:

He keeps doing it too, you only get lighthouse rewards once a week per char. Why the gently caress would you keep doing it?

To farm ELO for some reason

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

first time on the internet, huh? to inconvenience strangers.

I just figure you continue to do it, greater chances you get caught.

edit: yeah cheating to become top 10 elo and no one notices this is bungie though...

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't really know if it's 'getting caught' when there aren't really any front-facing consequences

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

texaholic posted:

$10 a carry dude, get money

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
E:^^^
Or hot sales of a 2600 ELO account

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
He charges people to run with him and probably does it dirt cheap since he can do double carries and the matches are short so he can probably get in a run every 30 min.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
has anyone noticed the new shaders? iris something and surfbreaker? i only caught them because for some reason in the kiosk they have 'required level: 40' and none of the other ones do.

iris whatever is purple and gold. surfbreaker is white and blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

This is a good roll for a matador, yeah? Accurized, rangefinder, reinforced, performance bonus? Not perfect but pretty good?

• Locked thread