Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Played my first game in the T4 Danae and it feels like a massive improvement over the horrific Caledon. T1 only took one battle, and T2 probably 2, but the 5/6 games I played in the T3 Caledon were a harsh reminder that those tiers loving suck.

Right now seems to a really good chance to club seals by playing T3 & 4 BBs, or actual good T3/4 cruisers like the Svetlana. I played one battle that was carried by a Nassau that 5-6 British cruisers just couldn't deal with.

The loot box system I also like despite having bought 6 of the high-risk boxes and got 5 flags each time. I still feel like thats better than 30k creds from an old daily. If I have a chance to get an Atago, Gremy or Imperator N. then I am all in. Its also trivial to get 2 per day and 3 at the weekend is not hard either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

kaesarsosei posted:

Right now seems to a really good chance to club seals by playing T3 & 4 BBs, or actual good T3/4 cruisers like the Svetlana.

quote:

or actual good T3/4 cruisers like the Svetlana.

quote:

Svetlana

KUMA

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

:agreed:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Hazdoc posted:

Edit: While the Fujin is indeed T5, it is one of the few boats in the game that doesn't suffer much at all being uptiered, even by 2. In fact, you'll farm a lot more damage getting into T7 games. willing to buy competitive T6+ IJN DDs please

With the Fubuki being downtiered to 6 and Kagero to 8, there's a slim chance that you might see Yukikaze Tan Yang someday.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

kaesarsosei posted:

The loot box system I also like despite having bought 6 of the high-risk boxes and got 5 flags each time. I still feel like thats better than 30k creds from an old daily. If I have a chance to get an Atago, Gremy or Imperator N. then I am all in. Its also trivial to get 2 per day and 3 at the weekend is not hard either.

Since I pretty much have all the rare ships anyway, I decided to just hit the credits one instead. 50k credits was had. A port slot and some reserve slots as well. So, you say that, but it can still happen.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

kaesarsosei posted:

Played my first game in the T4 Danae and it feels like a massive improvement over the horrific Caledon. T1 only took one battle, and T2 probably 2, but the 5/6 games I played in the T3 Caledon were a harsh reminder that those tiers loving suck.

Right now seems to a really good chance to club seals by playing T3 & 4 BBs, or actual good T3/4 cruisers like the Svetlana. I played one battle that was carried by a Nassau that 5-6 British cruisers just couldn't deal with.

Yeah, I've been buying all high risk boxes and have gotten squat.

I tried the other boxes, but really 50k credits, 10 flags, 3 free 3% detection camos, or some premium modules I could buy for 60k really didn't seem that much more than the old dailies.

Certainly it seems they don't offer enough to convince me I shouldn't just always be taking high risk boxes for a shot at something worthwhile. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but you might be getting 150k to 200k worth of "stuff" a day with the "normal" boxes.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 21, 2016

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

There really isn't a reason to pick anything over the luck crate.

Well, I suppose if you having trouble affording ship repairs and premium consumables, but chances are if you are that hard up for credits you won't be using premium consumables to begin with. Signals might be okay if you're low, but playing ranked will yield you a bunch of flags anyway. :shrug:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Heartcatch posted:

Well, I suppose if you having trouble affording ship repairs and premium consumables, but chances are if you are that hard up for credits you won't be using premium consumables to begin with. Signals might be okay if you're low, but playing ranked will yield you a bunch of flags anyway. :shrug:

I switched to the credits because I have a bad habit of taking ships to tier 8 and then playing a different line. Leaving me with a shortage of cash playing multiple lines at once.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

You're doing exactly what you did in tanks. History repeats itself!

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
I... I can't seem to win a game in the drat New York. Is it me or is it the ship? I'm currently winning like a third of the games, and I don't think I'm doing terribly, but I just can't win.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Cippalippus posted:

I... I can't seem to win a game in the drat New York. Is it me or is it the ship? I'm currently winning like a third of the games, and I don't think I'm doing terribly, but I just can't win.

I feel like the Texas can do pretty well, and it's not that different than the NY. It might just be the games. If you're up against competent T7 BBs you're fodder.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

JuffoWup posted:

I switched to the credits because I have a bad habit of taking ships to tier 8 and then playing a different line. Leaving me with a shortage of cash playing multiple lines at once.

I do the same thing (in tanks too!). The worst that seems to happen though is that I've got to grind credits for a couple days to afford a new ship. Honestly, 150k credits from those crates is going to make zero difference to me.

Then again I'm paying for premium and have (too many) premium ships. In fact, I have the Prinz Eugen with the second gold camo that gives the huge bonus to credits per match, and depending on raking in 250k to 600k credits a match in it (350k average probably).

So your mileage from the credit crates might be better than mine.

kaesarsosei posted:

I hated the Danae and free credited it out of it to the Emerald (I refuse to spend any more gold to go farther on the line) and I find that, at least with me playing it, the Emerald is an all or nothing ship.

Either I do insanely well and it's a lot of fun, or I get exploded with one or two salvos before I can really do anything, which frustrates the gently caress out of me.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 21, 2016

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Heartcatch posted:

With the Fubuki being downtiered to 6 and Kagero to 8, there's a slim chance that you might see Yukikaze Tan Yang someday.

Shigure (Shiratsuyu class) and Yukikaze/Tan Yang are two IJN DDs I'd like to see as premiums, since they are both interesting ships. Yukikaze for surviving the war (and many major engagements) and becoming a Chinese boat, and Shigure for being another boat that survived the war while participating in some of the major engagements, and being one of the boats Tameichi Hara commanded.

Of course this means wargaming will give us some paper japanese boat with torpedoes that are detected the moment you fire them or something

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

No it means one of them will be a paper japanese boat with garbase torps etc.

The other will be a new Pan-Asian premium.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
First game in a Fujin, enemy CV parks a fighter over me, bombs me and keeps TBs floating nearby. 2nd game, enemy fighter spots me, and gets TB's to cross drop in my path. I dodge all but one, leaves me with 2000 health. Get into position for torps on a BB, spotted by another DD, I'm dead.

So far 2 games in a Fujin, 0 damage done. Yay.

So uhh, expect to be singled out first.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

Shigure (Shiratsuyu class) and Yukikaze/Tan Yang are two IJN DDs I'd like to see as premiums, since they are both interesting ships. Yukikaze for surviving the war (and many major engagements) and becoming a Chinese boat, and Shigure for being another boat that survived the war while participating in some of the major engagements, and being one of the boats Tameichi Hara commanded.

Of course this means wargaming will give us some paper japanese boat with torpedoes that are detected the moment you fire them or something

Shigure was sunk in late January 1945, she didn't survive the war. Shigure and Yukikaze were both regarded as the luckiest ships* of the IJN though, for similar reasons at that, so cases could certainly be made for both of them getting premiums at some point - especially since they're different classes. The connection with Hara is also pretty significant, though he was more heavily associated with Amatsukaze.

If you wanted another nation-shifted ship other than Yukikaze, I suppose you could go with the Akatsuki-class Hibiki who was given to, and used for several years by, the Soviets.

*Well, personally lucky; considered bringers of horrible misfortune to ships around them. Both had a tendency to come out of heavy engagements with little or light damage, while virtually every other ship didn't. See Battle of Vella Gulf, where Shigure and 3 other destroyers were ambushed at night by US destroyers. All 4 were torpedoed, with sinkings of the other 3, but the one that hit Shigure failed to explode, and she escaped with no further damage.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 22, 2016

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Lord Koth posted:

Shigure was sunk in late January 1945, she didn't survive the war. Shigure and Yukikaze were both regarded as the luckiest ships* of the IJN though, for similar reasons at that, so cases could certainly be made for both of them getting premiums at some point - especially since they're different classes. The connection with Hara is also pretty significant, though he was more heavily associated with Amatsukaze.

If you wanted another nation-shifted ship other than Yukikaze, I suppose you could go with the Akatsuki-class Hibiki who was given to, and used for several years by, the Soviets.

*Well, personally lucky; considered bringers of horrible misfortune to ships around them. Both had a tendency to come out of heavy engagements with little or light damage, while virtually every other ship didn't. See Battle of Vella Gulf, where Shigure and 3 other destroyers were ambushed at night by US destroyers. All 4 were torpedoed, with sinkings of the other 3, but the one that hit Shigure failed to explode, and she escaped with no further damage.

Ah, right, I forgot Shigure didn't survive. Must have been thinking of a Fubuki-class, Ushio, instead (also a good choice for premium, but Fubuki is moving down to T6, however, Ushio is an Ayanami-class version, so she could potentially see T7 instead in the vein of the Akatsuki). Shigure is still a good choice, though her sister ship Yuudachi may resonate more with fans of this game (POI). Amatsukaze would also be a good choice, as not only was it the first vessel Hara captained, it was also a ship tasked with testing the high-pressure boilers that would be used in Shimakaze's design. There's definitely a chance to make Amatsukaze unique amongst Kagero class ships. Because if Yukikaze is made a premium, it'll definitely be as Tan Yang and as a Pan-Asian ship.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 22, 2016

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You get a better variety of flags/camos from the new crates without needing to do specific things, which is nice.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I sold all my Tier 10 ships (Montana/Yamato/Kurfurst/DM/Hindenburg/Zao). After so much of snipe fest I didn't even want to look at them, so I sold them all.

If i want them back I can always contact customer support and use 'exceptions' (apparently you get 4 exceptions per year to roll back ship sales) so that's that. Just need enough credits and port slots ready.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Aesis posted:

I sold all my Tier 10 ships (Montana/Yamato/Kurfurst/DM/Hindenburg/Zao). After so much of snipe fest I didn't even want to look at them, so I sold them all.

If i want them back I can always contact customer support and use 'exceptions' (apparently you get 4 exceptions per year to roll back ship sales) so that's that.

"Exceptions" are cool and good. I used one to get back the premium time I "used" during hurricane Michael's aftermath.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Just got 100 dragon flags from a 'supercontainer'. Pretty awesome. Also had a 6 kill battle in the Caledon, I quite like it.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Velius posted:

Just got 100 dragon flags from a 'supercontainer'. Pretty awesome. Also had a 6 kill battle in the Caledon, I quite like it.

No detonations for 250 games :v:

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Holy poo poo the Danae is garbage. Both rounds I've played it I've instantly died to battleships. The citadel must be enormous. If this is what the rest of the tree is like I can't see anyone bothering.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Hazdoc posted:

Having Yukikaze/Tan Yang would almost certainly cause a forums shitstorm if the latter were to be done as a premium instead of the former. :japan:

While you would lose out on premium captain training for the IJN line, Tan Yang probably would allow crossover with an Anshan captain more than a Lo Yang one, unless they're using Tan Yang rebake with the torpedo tubes stripped and a million AA guns added instead.

Hazdoc posted:

Shigure is still a good choice, though her sister ship Yuudachi may resonate more with fans of this game (POI). Amatsukaze would also be a good choice, as not only was it the first vessel Hara captained, it was also a ship tasked with testing the high-pressure boilers that would be used in Shimakaze's design. There's definitely a chance to make Amatsukaze unique amongst Kagero class ships. Because if Yukikaze is made a premium, it'll definitely be as Tan Yang and as a Pan-Asian ship.

Just for you, there is an ARP Yukikaze in the manga. :ssh:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

The fact I have a lower than 40% win rate today but still gained stars in ranked really tells you all you need to know about how poo poo ranked players are.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

MoraleHazard posted:

:same:

Though my aversion to the Leningrad is because it's so different than the rest of the DD line, it's not an effective skill trainer for Russian DD captains.

It's really good if you have the Gremy because they have the same problem (turret rotation) and can share a dedicated captain.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Lord Koth posted:

the one that hit Shigure failed to explode, and she escaped with no further damage.

Hara's memoir basically goes, "Once we got back to a friendly port, we discovered the sluggish steering was due to a dud torpedo punching a hole in our rudder. :sweatdrop:"

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

So far the most dangerous thing I have faced in my Edinburgh is the Admiral Hipper. Up close I've brawled every BB and even an NC can't seem to take me down in less than 2 salvos.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

So far the most dangerous thing I have faced in my Edinburgh is the Admiral Hipper. Up close I've brawled every BB and even an NC can't seem to take me down in less than 2 salvos.

That's really not saying a whole lot to be honest. Other than, it doesn't explode quite as fast as the other cruisers in the line.

And that's not always going to be the case I don't think because one salvo killed a full health Minatour this morning in my Bismark, and I did it from >12k.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Heartcatch posted:

Here's my 'luck' container experience in 5 attempts..

1st attempt - flags. who gives a gently caress I barely use them
2nd attempt - holy poo poo 105k freexp. boner!
3rd attempt - 3k freexp not bad I'll take it
4th attempt - 5k freexp sure why not
5th attempt - flags. meh

The moral of the story is I have been lucky getting freexp off loot containers, but WG knows they have been making me suffer with miserable games so thanks?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

demonR6 posted:

Here's my 'luck' container experience in 5 attempts..

1st attempt - flags. who gives a gently caress I barely use them
2nd attempt - holy poo poo 105k freexp. boner!
3rd attempt - 3k freexp not bad I'll take it
4th attempt - 5k freexp sure why not
5th attempt - flags. meh

The moral of the story is I have been lucky getting freexp off loot containers, but WG knows they have been making me suffer with miserable games so thanks?

Opened 7 "luck" containers, flags (5) every time.

On the other hand I just unlocked the Yamato and the guns sure are no joke, shells seem to very rarely bounce and deal huge damage when they don't overpen.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Is anyone else getting lit the gently caress up in the Fujin? It's like a shell magnet. When I switch to my Minekaze, suddenly I don't have any problems.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Minenfeld! posted:

Is anyone else getting lit the gently caress up in the Fujin? It's like a shell magnet. When I switch to my Minekaze, suddenly I don't have any problems.

I just had a Fujin try to engage me in a gunfight at like 6km. I was in a Mahan. I think he hit me with 2 shells before dying.

So far i've gotten two luck crates a day, and my "best" haul was 100k credits. Rest have all been 5x crappy flags.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

At last, Rank 10!

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
Am I just utter poo poo with German BB guns post-tier 6 or are is it completely luck to land more than 25% of your salvo from anything more than 5km out?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Wicaeed posted:

Am I just utter poo poo with German BB guns post-tier 6 or are is it completely luck to land more than 25% of your salvo from anything more than 5km out?

gneiss owns bismarck owns

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Wicaeed posted:

If your secondaries aren't firing you're too far away.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
Got my first super container. 250 x-ray flags. Not 100k free XP or a ship, but I will gladly take it.

kaesarsosei posted:

I was farming credits with a Konig Albert when the patch dropped; however, I'm guessing the numbers of RN cruisers has gone down in low tiers as people give up.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 23, 2016

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006
I gotta say, nothing quite screams "WHY DON'T I HAVE HE!?" like Emerald vs. Hosho + Zuiho with both at ~12km, running separate directions, and focusing entirely on you. It ended up being a win in no small part due to the number of waves the acceleration on an Emerald lets you dodge, but it sure as hell wasn't me that killed either of them.

And yes, I know, 2-3k salvos and occasional citadels on carriers are great, but not quite as great as starting two fires would've been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Made it to Rank 2, 2 stars, then dropped down to Rank 3, 3 stars. Almost there.