Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I was kinda hoping Nikki would bite so hard in her hand that she'd start bleeding and start rubbing it on her face, but I think that would be way too CZW.

Cedric Alexander with glasses is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A Polish strongwoman

https://twitter.com/TheNXTWomen/status/789455358393774080

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sign her, Paul

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/789488282312675328
Los Igobernables de WWE

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

*Mauro sits down at his computer desk and slowly tightens the belt around his neck in preparation*

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Muddy Burphy posted:

*Mauro sits down at his computer desk and slowly tightens the belt around his neck in preparation*

Are we talking suicide or masturbation here?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Somewhere Corey Graves is brainstorming all the different ways he can say "THEY'RE NOT GOVERNABLE" without actually saying "Los Ingobernables"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The Unruly will be a great NXT stable.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

You think they won't come up with another Spanish name? They don't seem to be adverse to using Spanish words.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SAnitY are anarchists, which by definition are ungovernable. Los Ingobernables can just join them.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Less Governables

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Johnny McGovern and the Soccer Practice Bunch

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Do a rib on TM61 and call them The Mighty Don't Be Governed

Benne fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Oct 22, 2016

rappinrodney.ogg
Apr 24, 2009

Cavauro posted:

Johnny McGovern and the Soccer Practice Bunch

Johnny McGovern would've been 10 times better than Rico Constantino.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Nikki has fallen in with the wrong crowd:

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/789276608674660352

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Benne posted:

As a huge mark for ugly fat guys who can secretly go in the ring, I have high hopes for the Tucker/Otis team.

Tucker's been good in televised poo poo since right after Mania. He's only had a few appearances but yeah, dude can go. And he was fun as hell with Otis. I would love them as a babyface midcard hoss squad.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

i watched the latest non-takeover NXT for the first time in a long while

-Sanity were embarassing and very TNA, as mentioned here
-why are all titantrons just their name
-bobby roode has an amazing theme song but i dont think he has the charisma to pull it off
-Good to see Roddy debut, but he's tiny so good luck getting to the main roster
-Are all the non-Asuka women terrible? Why don't they just sign Candice Lerae now that her husband is on NXT?

Thats all folks. Not great, but the tag matches were good

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

-why are all titantrons just their name
Because they don't have footage of their in-ring action, and it would be a waste of effort to make something like that when their character and performance can change at any time in developmental.

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

-bobby roode has an amazing theme song but i dont think he has the charisma to pull it off
The song doesn't really fit his character. It's a great theme, but it fits more a Tye Dillinger than a Bobby Roode.

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

-Good to see Roddy debut, but he's tiny so good luck getting to the main roster
Same height as AJ Styles. 5'10".

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

-Are all the non-Asuka women terrible? Why don't they just sign Candice Lerae now that her husband is on NXT?
There's always a chance for Candice to come in. As for the women, WWE keeps snatching up all the good ones before they have time to really work on them, especially after the draft. Even then, the "good ones" didn't get enough time to work on their wrestling (see: Alexa Bliss and Nia Jax) before going to the main roster.

It'll just take some time for the non-indie developmental women to get better.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Reese I've defended you in the past, but what you just said about Alexa Bliss is beyond the pale and I cannot forgive it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, I'd say Bliss went up "ready" enough, NXT is hurting more without her than the opposite. I still haven't bought Australian Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn tho.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Main roster titantrons are just words now too. They've moved away from the showing moves type.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

spongeh posted:

Main roster titantrons are just words now too. They've moved away from the showing moves type.

I mean there is really no need too. No one is really watching the videos and at this point they are there to push the aesthetic of the wrestler.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Reese I've defended you in the past, but what you just said about Alexa Bliss is beyond the pale and I cannot forgive it.
I love Alexa Bliss (she's even one of my favorite women in WWE), but you cannot tell me that she was ready to go to the main roster after that match she had with Naomi. Plus, I feel she could have played off some of the personalities back in NXT.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The women who can carry Naomi to a good match might as well go straight into the WWE HoF.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

AMReese posted:

I love Alexa Bliss (she's even one of my favorite women in WWE), but you cannot tell me that she was ready to go to the main roster after that match she had with Naomi. Plus, I feel she could have played off some of the personalities back in NXT.

their match on smackdown was way better and she improves every week.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

The_Rob posted:

their match on smackdown was way better and she improves every week.

Yeah that was a good match and like was said if you can get a decent match with Naomi you're fine.

Who really got screwed were Dana Brooke and Carmella. Brooke botches every match in hilarious new ways, and Carmella just needs a whole new character.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Ember Moon is good but she's disappeared for some reason. Some of the others have good potential, like the Australian girls and Tough Enough Daria, but aren't there yet. Otherwise it's pretty loving bare.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

AMReese posted:

Same height as AJ Styles. 5'10".

Having stood next to roddy at PWG multiple times i feel like he's shorter than that. For some reason AJ has looked bigger in person, maybe its just physique or something. Idk they're all vanilla midgets to me, brother

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

spongeh posted:

Yeah, I started noticing this a while ago. It's either words or a logo now. I think it started with Orton's IN MY VEINS. I don't know if it's because it's easier to edit video packages around or because nobody looks at tron videos anymore, but it's been happening for a while now.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Who really got screwed were Dana Brooke and Carmella. Brooke botches every match in hilarious new ways, and Carmella just needs a whole new character.
I actually like what they're doing with Carmella. Putting Nikki up against a rookie who's sick of the last remaining Johnny Ace glam model Divas division relic is a pretty good angle.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

sticklefifer posted:

I actually like what they're doing with Carmella. Putting Nikki up against a rookie who's sick of the last remaining Johnny Ace glam model Divas division relic is a pretty good angle.

Oh I'll agree they're trying with Carmella, and I like her. That angle has gotten plenty of screen time, and having her with Nikki is a sign of trust from management. Everyone is trying to make it work. But she still struggles to get any reaction on her own. I think just a change of theme song could help her a lot.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Oh I'll agree they're trying with Carmella, and I like her. That angle has gotten plenty of screen time, and having her with Nikki is a sign of trust from management. Everyone is trying to make it work. But she still struggles to get any reaction on her own. I think just a change of theme song could help her a lot.

Who would've thought that ripping off an Iggy Azalea song for a wrestling theme would become instantly dated and lame

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

funny that smackdown is ostensibly the better show but it has the worse womens gimmicks on account of carmella and alexa

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Super No Vacancy posted:

funny that smackdown is ostensibly the better show but it has the worse womens gimmicks on account of carmella and alexa
Alexa isn't a bad gimmick you're a bad gimmick

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

Who would've thought that ripping off an Iggy Azalea song for a wrestling theme would become instantly dated and lame

I like the WWE one better than the original, but not more that the Weird Al version.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, I started noticing this a while ago. It's either words or a logo now. I think it started with Orton's IN MY VEINS. I don't know if it's because it's easier to edit video packages around or because nobody looks at tron videos anymore, but it's been happening for a while now.

I think it just looks corny, especially with their new stage with the super wide tron and the ramp graphics. The new graphics do a way better job at setting the mood instead of looking like someone making a Counter-Strike frag film, and a million slams and suplexes set to the beat of the song.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I think just a change of theme song could help her a lot.

Something I can't believe they haven't learned yet is that you need the song to start immediately to get the fans' attention. Hers should start with the verse when the beat kicks in. Instead it's the stinger, the solo bass melody, then the beat kicks in, which doesn't hype anyone up. Nobody gets a pop when the music isn't loud and catchy immediately. AJ Styles of all people has the same problem with the slow Hammond organ intro - if it started with the BOOM "They don't want none" it'd work way better.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

sticklefifer posted:

Something I can't believe they haven't learned yet is that you need the song to start immediately to get the fans' attention. Hers should start with the verse when the beat kicks in. Instead it's the stinger, the solo bass melody, then the beat kicks in, which doesn't hype anyone up. Nobody gets a pop when the music isn't loud and catchy immediately. AJ Styles of all people has the same problem with the slow Hammond organ intro - if it started with the BOOM "They don't want none" it'd work way better.

I don't agree with any of this. The explicit purpose of a stinger like Fabulous or AJs organ intro is to get your brain prepared to hearing their theme song. It'd be like taking the glass breaking out of Austin's theme, or cutting If Ya Smell from The Rock's.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I like how the first time we saw AJ's slow build theme we couldnt tell who it was because it was more important to see a tight closeup of Roman Reigns stupid horrible face.

I like having the buildup but also being able to cut it off. Like Finn's heartbeats.

E: On the other hand guys like Miz and Barrett who have like 7 separate stingers are a little annoying.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 23, 2016

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

beggar posted:

I don't agree with any of this. The explicit purpose of a stinger like Fabulous or AJs organ intro is to get your brain prepared to hearing their theme song. It'd be like taking the glass breaking out of Austin's theme, or cutting If Ya Smell from The Rock's.

Also AJ's a big enough star that it works. It kind of fizzles if you get all that pomp for, like, the Hype Bros, but for the WWE champion it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Well, the glass shatter and Rock's "If Ya Smell" do a better job interrupting the person who is speaking than the organ playing, but I get what you're trying to say.

Also, I will blame AJ's debut on the alternate crew because of the insane blizzard going on that held back a lot of people from the main crew.

I'm a fan of how they're using some of the titantron footage, like with Sheamus.

Hell if I know what that thing's supposed to be, though. It just looks cool. Chain wheel with a mohawked cat skull or whatever the gently caress.

• Locked thread