Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

Most of them are directed by Hiro Murai.

This is true, but this latest episode was written and directed by Donald. I think last weeks was too (directed I mean)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

I wasn't feeling the last two weeks but this one was hot fire the whole time.

And yeah, it's way more Louie than it is say Bored To Death or something with more plot structure.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
"You gonna wash your hands?"
"No."

Killed me.

edit: holy poo poo the invisible car I genuinely didn't expect that

Coffee And Pie fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 19, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"I don't trust Nigerians."

"Darius is Nigerian."

Also, "We don't do that up in here...rubbin' nipples and poo poo...".

e- Paper Boi's sarcastic "I KNOOOOOOOOOW NIGGA!, let's go." :lol:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 19, 2016

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Coffee And Pie posted:

edit: holy poo poo the invisible car I genuinely didn't expect that

Those people didn't either

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
This show is amazing

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Did this show get super good in the last couple of episodes, or was it like that from the start and I just didn't get it?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Aardark posted:

Did this show get super good in the last couple of episodes, or was it like that from the start and I just didn't get it?

It's been super good the whole time.

I thought I was going to die when the wall turned around and the owner just disappears, AND the invisible car holy poo poo

gently caress also when Ern pauses to vomit in the office before continuing as normal. God this show is so loving good.

Buzkashi fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 19, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Aardark posted:

This show has blown me away from the first episode. The whole package (characters, setting, story, occasional zaniness) is fun.

I've never seen a network put out such good stuff on such a consistent basis- The Shield, Justified, Archer (though I feel like it's been trying too hard the last couple seasons), Fargo, Atlanta, The Americans. Even The Bridge wasn't too bad in its first season. I sometimes have to remind myself Southland was TNT and Better Call Saul is AMC because they're both on the same level.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Man and if Ern weren't super super drunk he could have used "pay the full amount or I'll call the fire marshall on that fake alarm" to fix the situation

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I really really like Paper Boi

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Pussy Quipped posted:

I really really like Paper Boi

"That boy's gonna be a star."

Here's a gif I made for you thread, enjoy.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 19, 2016

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

PaybackJack posted:

"That boy's gonna be a star."

Here's a gif I made for you thread, enjoy.

Holy poo poo i didn't catch the invisible car my first time watching that, haha

Daric posted:

This show is amazing

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Buzkashi posted:

It's been super good the whole time.

I thought I was going to die when the wall turned around and the owner just disappears, AND the invisible car holy poo poo

gently caress also when Ern pauses to vomit in the office before continuing as normal. God this show is so loving good.

Came here to post about these two specific things! This ep was great and I totally believe Darius would get 20% of his drinks bought for him...

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The first half of this episode was really unenjoyable. It's no fun watching everyone be bored and pissed off. Once Earn started his little odyssey, though, I got more interested. Darius was way underused. They should have had him on a significant C-plot in the beginning to lighten up the mood with Paperboi and Earn being so pissy

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

blue squares posted:

The first half of this episode was really unenjoyable. It's no fun watching everyone be bored and pissed off. Once Earn started his little odyssey, though, I got more interested. Darius was way underused. They should have had him on a significant C-plot in the beginning to lighten up the mood with Paperboi and Earn being so pissy

Lmao. You've never been dragged to the club and/or sober at the club?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Sure, and it's boring. I'm not saying they didn't do a good job at representing what that's like, it's just that I found it really unengaging to watch them all be bored. It made me bored too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

blue squares posted:

Paper Boi calling Darius to find him at home playing a video game and eating cereal because he couldn't get back into Paper's VIP section was fun.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
I had a good laugh at the "Niggas know I be drinking juice and poo poo..." line. Love this show.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

The diner scene at the end reminded me of something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExVtrghW5Y4&t=20s

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^^ totally thought that too.

I agree with blue squares that the first half of this episode was not especially interesting or engaging, even though I totally relate to hating the club. Worst part of the season. But once Earn got talking to the bartender I began to really enjoy myself.

And yeah that loving invisible car hahahaha what. There wasn't a reference to it previously right? It was just that one shot?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Escobarbarian posted:

And yeah that loving invisible car hahahaha what. There wasn't a reference to it previously right? It was just that one shot?

The joke was that earlier in the episode Darius was like "[the bigger star at the club] is cool. He's got an invisible car on instagram. Check it out" Then he showed him the picture on the phone of him doing a pose like he was learning in air against an invisible car and Paper Boi gave him the "you're an idiot" look.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Fantastic. Although I admit I would have preferred if it was just a bizarre non-sequitur

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
https://www.instagram.com/officialmarcusmiles/

http://i.imgur.com/t7YYxac.gifv

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/789573195506524160

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Are you making GBS threads me? If that is fake I'll be so mad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pussy Quipped posted:

Are you making GBS threads me? If that is fake I'll be so mad.

I think we can take Star Wars' word on this one.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

I think we can take Star Wars' word on this one.

I'm dumb and posted before I look at who tweeted it.
Awesome news though, good for Donald.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
hes perfectly handsome and charming enough for it i am stoked

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Better than being cast as Spider-Man.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Can't wait for the Lando spinoff movie starring Paper Boi

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
darius as c3po

KILLALLNERDS.EXE
Oct 12, 2009

Dead Snoopy posted:

Better than being cast as Spider-Man.

darius as c3po

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Jerkface posted:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Jerkface posted:

EVIL NOONER posted:

darius as c3po

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Escobarbarian posted:

How did you miss that part? It was hilarious just on its own, let alone the callback at the end.

Google letting me borrow their invisible car. Who's #blessed?

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

gently caress you, Disney, we need more time spent making this show, not dumb nerd poo poo for nerd babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

SaviourX posted:

gently caress you, Disney, we need more time spent making this show, not dumb nerd poo poo for nerd babies.

cool

• Locked thread