Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
MichaelMayhem been getting his Biggest Update Ever spoilers on tonight. Emphases mine. Couldn't be arsed to quote the posts he was responding to but there's really not much need for context.

MichaelMayhem posted:

Vision [will be the only hero who still can stance dance], cause that's his intended design. If that's not your thing, there's a talent that encourages you to just stay in either Phase or Dense mode indefinitely.

Iron Man's toggles are all wrapped into his talents. His spirit to damage conversion remains intact

I wouldn't worry about low spirit. [Moon Knight is] practically spirit free now - Tribute is his primary resource, which functions mostly the same as it did before. Increasing Max Tribute increases the duration of the tribute-spending buff effects (Avatar of Vengeance or Statue of Khonshu), and his talents play into those mechanics. Outside of those two, he's pretty much Deadpool in terms of resource management. Also is getting some new powers to play with, like an Angelwing machine gun strafe.

In the case of Magneto, [Waste Not] still only triggers when you are above a threshold. There are also other options to use as your "Excess Debris" auto-spender, such as a Scrap Shield that will spend excess Debris to protect you.

With Storm['s auras], they trigger when using a particular new power, and that trigger can be modified via talents.

Punisher will have an auto-reload (non-instant), but still have the rapid reload button for those that don't want to wait and enjoyed manual reloading. Doom was always relatively simple if you wanted him to be, nuking one of his resources and ignoring half of his powers if you so desired.

Venom should have much smoother rotations, and has a couple new powers to boot. Focused Ichor more on the big layers, no more "single target Ichor spenders". He had too many avenues of power archetypes that ended up being too messy.

I've said enough on Jean for now. Just something you'll have to see in-game. Words can't describe how awesome one visual in particular is. Mental-only players are in for a real treat.

No Rogue-like mechanics [for Taskmaster] since most of the roster it wouldn't make sense for, but his talents do allow a ton of swapping in of new powers and mechanics from other heroes. Steal away Daredevil's combo points, Spidey's in-and-out movement abilities, Black Widow's stealth mechanics, etc. Also new sword moves unique to him (and by that I mean stolen from Black Knight)

Yep, there's more stealth build and sword build options for Nightcrawler. He's pretty simple at his core, but you can add more complexity with talent choices.

For Juggernaut, oh yeah - a lot of focus went into his non-movement options. You can still make the world's best elbow dropper build without a second thought, but his punchy stuff was where most of the effort was spent.

I'll wait on Psylocke since I haven't checked up on her in awhile, but Wolverine's got some talents that will help better define his builds, and a new Fury spender focused on straight jabs rather than slashes that looks lovely... and scales in attack speed the more it hits. It gets kinda crazy.

Bionics/Firearms are gone [on Winter Soldier]. All the bonus effects are scattered about into his talent choices so you have freedom of which bonuses you want.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
all this and more coming in MH2019

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Mister Michael Mayhem posted:

Spidey's in-and-out movement abilities

Wait, Spidey made a sextape?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

davebo posted:

Ung. New Wolverine trailer made something in my pants go snikt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Div0iP65aZo

I assume Marvel will disavow all knowledge of Logan supremacy and there will not even be a Wolverine 50% xp bonus on opening weekend.

no marvel is working alongside fox now, they are making the new legion tv show together

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

That's Marvel TV. Marvel TV and Marvel Films hate each other, too.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Ajax posted:

will you do a 4th cosmic wolverine if there is

Absolutely not. Two and three were done when there was nothing better to do in Marvel Heroes because achievements hadn't been added yet. Now I have to sit around grinding out crappy achievements just to maintain my low-50's ranking on the leaderboard. In fact I checked today and just got bumped back down to the 60's. When you get to be my age you really start thinking about the legacy you'll leave behind.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

punchymcpunch posted:

That's Marvel TV. Marvel TV and Marvel Films hate each other, too.

Nah, Inhumans was just a better idea in a TV show than in a movie and Marvel wanted to do a Black Widow movie. Reports are floating around that Jon Bernthal will be taking the Punisher into Agents of poo poo.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Soothing Vapors posted:

OI OI CHEERS M8

hey dickbutt unprivate all your vids, I was tryin to jog down memory lane w/ Mr. 69s Greatest Hits and they're all gone

What're you gonna do, sue me???

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe he'll get a judge to issue a writ of habeas recordus.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jedit posted:

Nah, Inhumans was just a better idea in a TV show than in a movie and Marvel wanted to do a Black Widow movie.

That's not even close to what happened.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

They're hoping Scarlett develops a krokodil habit and gets blackballed for 5 years so they can make the movie on the cheap. Always the long game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's like 30, they can wait 5 years regardless to get her cheap.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Jedit posted:

Nah, Inhumans was just a better idea in a TV show than in a movie and Marvel wanted to do a Black Widow movie. Reports are floating around that Jon Bernthal will be taking the Punisher into Agents of poo poo.

no they might make the inhuman movie after all, vin diesel reportedly will be blackagar boltagan

e: nvm that's old news, idk whats going on with inhumans

Percelus fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 21, 2016

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
I miss this game. But I can build a nuke in mgs5 now so alls good

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

But did you put a silencer on it?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i played 15 minutes the other day with nightcrawler. was ok i guess. when is artofrawr going to make marvel great again, and when he does will goons play once more :iiam:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Lol at your life if you're not logging in daily to get your free ionic particle.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

all the juggernaut effort was spent on punching??

well most of that stuff sounds pretty good anyways

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Lol at your life if you're not logging in daily to get your free ionic particle.

For real yo. Get them particles.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

all the juggernaut effort was spent on punching??

Be fair. His movement stuff needed no extra stuff. It worked perfectly and felt good, so it needs no changes-they just need to transplant it as is.

The punching did not. If they want to bring that side upwards, make it feel equally satisfying, there's no harm in it.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

that's true, it was functionally sound but became pretty anemic so I hope that wasn't ignored

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
hopefully he'll do some drat damage moving around now and i'll get to play him again

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

that's true, it was functionally sound but became pretty anemic so I hope that wasn't ignored

When has Gaz ever ignored the fact that a hero has done crappy damage?

... Oh. :saddowns:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Not all heroes are equal. That's called CANON. You expect Colossus to be as strong as Black Cat? Cause that's just ridiculously unacceptable.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Not all heroes are equal. That's called CANON. You expect Colossus to be as strong as Black Cat? Cause that's just ridiculously unacceptable.

That cleavage can give some serious heft, though. Could be dangerous.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Praise be

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AgentVapor posted:

Hey folks,

As mentioned in the last Friday update, no patches were deployed to the live servers this week as we focus on upcoming releases as well as the major updates coming to the game later this year talked about in our developer blog series.

Today however did see the conclusion the A.R.M.O.R. Incursion event and marks the beginning of the Cosmic Chaos event which is now active on the live servers will run through Thursday, October 27th until 11:59 PM PDT.

Early next week Test Center will be updated to begin testing of the next live patch, which will include the first release of the Invaders from the Dark Dimension event in celebration of the upcoming theatrical release of Marvel's Doctor Strange in theaters November 4th. This patch is currently scheduled for Thursday, October 27th and will also include some Halloween surprises - tricksters like Loki and Green Goblin will surely be scheming their best tricks this time of year, so for treats we'll be running the Operation Omega event alongside the first phase of Invaders from the Dark Dimension to help you stock up on Omega Points before the release of the Infinity System! In addition, the bonus Omega XP will be doubled to 48% for the entire week!

As mentioned earlier this week on the forums, we have decided to push the public Test Center release of our major game updates out slightly into early November to ensure that we don't run into any conflicts with the testing and live maintenance of the Invaders of the Dark Dimension event patch. While we are eager to get these updates into the hands of players, we also want to give appropriate time to the testing and deployment of the end of October live server patch, and ensure that no additional patch deployments that may be necessary interrupt any testing of the major game updates in the Test Center environment.

[Stuff about the forums' DNS host getting DDoS'd.]

That's it for this week's Friday Update. Have a great weekend!
"First phase" potentially being maybe a mildly interesting hint at the nature of the event. Then again, perhaps not.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

It is going to be the Civil War's Crossbones Pursuit level but filled with Mindless Ones instead.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Grinning Goblin posted:

It is going to be the Civil War's Crossbones Pursuit level but filled with Mindless Ones instead.

In reverse. The players will be the Mindless Ones getting bodied by Dr. Strange when we finally get to him.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Whats new with this game? Stopped playing around when the second raid came out.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I thought yellowman quit but he just got a new av

Shut up, a new Diablo game with him at the helm would own. I want D2.5

e: hang on, he said near future :unsmith:

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Oct 22, 2016

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe they made a time wormhole to the dinosaur era so he can work on Diablo 4 in the distant past. You never know.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Kakarot posted:

I thought yellowman quit but he just got a new av

Shut up, a new Diablo game with him at the helm would own. I want D2.5

e: hang on, he said near future :unsmith:

Hellgate and the initial Marvel Heroes say no. No, it would not own.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Kakarot posted:

Whats new with this game? Stopped playing around when the second raid came out.

This is like asking someone "hey man what's new with your dead grandma"?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kokoro Wish posted:

Hellgate and the initial Marvel Heroes say no. No, it would not own.

Yeah I think by this point its clear that whatever made Diablo 2 work Brevik either no longer has it or (more likely) never had it and it was a team effort not just the work of a ~single genius~

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Gibbering Madness posted:

So the game is dead, thought so. Everyone sane moved on

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Gibbering Madness posted:

well they dug her up and put some pretzels in there

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah I think by this point its clear that whatever made Diablo 2 work Brevik either no longer has it or (more likely) never had it and it was a team effort not just the work of a ~single genius~

He caught lightning in a whiskey bottle, just like noted one-hit wonders The Wachowskis, The 4 Non Blondes, and that DC comics guy who literally caught a lightning genie in a bottle.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
https://www.twitch.tv/frankthebank22 dsioing green muysple assoo n as i kill a sjip in eve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
The thing that always makes me chuckle about the way people venerate the guys from Blizzard North as infallible geniuses is that Diablo was originally being developed as a turn based game, and it was actually guys from Blizzard Irvine that forced them against their instincts to make it real time. The whole thing that made Diablo revolutionary and invented a new genre was something that they had to have their arms twisted by an outside party to implement.

• Locked thread