Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Actually now that you mention it

what does tane mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

For sale: fake ship, never flown.

:golfclap:
noice.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Sunswipe posted:

Anyone got the quote from Ben's Wing Commander forum where he explains how everyone complaining about the "no sound in space" thing is stupid?

I did a huge post on it with pictures and gifs months ago.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm whining and crying about people whining and crying about white noise.

:smuggo:

And I am whining and crying about people whining and crying about people whining and crying about white noise.

:colbert:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Xarbala posted:

Actually now that you mention it

what does tane mean

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/tane

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah aight

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
What do you call it when you waste the God of fertility's blessing?

A Stane

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

spacetoaster posted:

Gord? Is that you?

All of you, read these stories and laugh.

http://www.actsofgord.com/

Years ago Gord came on SA and was pretty much a smug jackass. He ended up getting permabanned. The full story is amusing: https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=235

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
laffo at that p2w-thread

are they seriously discussing the idea of it taking 150 bucks to fuel your bulk sperg hauler per run?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Can some kind goon direct me to the change your name thread ? - I feel as though I've reached a plateau

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

his nibs posted:

Can some kind goon direct me to the change your name thread ? - I feel as though I've reached a plateau

It got locked a while back, I think it's done with now

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792025 is the link if it does open again though

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Maw posted:

It got locked a while back, I think it's done with now

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792025 is the link if it does open again though

cheers commando

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I feel a different person after watching this.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Erenthal posted:

laffo at that p2w-thread

are they seriously discussing the idea of it taking 150 bucks to fuel your bulk sperg hauler per run?

Imagine ruining some whale's mission, costing him hundreds of real word dollars. Just imagine it.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

$150 to fuel up your space chariot, lol. Imaginary space fuel costs more than filling up your car's tank for a month.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

Imagine ruining some whale's mission, costing him hundreds of real word dollars. Just imagine it.

We all know they'll just have their PvP slider turned all the way down and that will mean that...........

Sounds like an awesome game

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This isn't even the biggest ship and they think it will cost as much as 3 fighters to prep for a mission. Imagine if every time the navy sent a destroyer on a mission it cost the same as three F-22. That's how retarded these people are.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I hope my welfare check can cover my space fuel :ohdear:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Chris has never directly answered these question but I assure you that you are wrong.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Decrepus posted:

Chris has never directly answered these question but I assure you that you are wrong.

You know how it works in other games? Well, it won't be like that,

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You know how it works in these other games that exist and are popular? Well, it won't be like that,

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

TacticalNecromancy posted:

I love Chris Foss' art. If SC's ships came anywhere close to being that glorious mesh of colours and shapes and creativity that still form a coherent whole, I think CRoberts would renact that scene from Scanners. "You can have colours? In space? I simply cannot b-"

Also, basically, the Taiidan were styled after Peter Elson's designs and the Kushan along the lines of Ralph McQuarrie, though both designers point out that the Terran Trade Authority books in general were their starting points. Both fleets were designed by a seperate person, so the entire fleet has an over-arching style, but both are wildly different.

The picture above was from a Guild tug scetch Foss did for the Dune movie (the Jodorowsky's version that got canceled).

The work he did for that project was simply epic.

Pirate Ship damaged and leaking Melange

Spice Container

This artbook is really worth it, btw..
https://www.amazon.com/Hardware-Definitive-Works-Chris-Foss/dp/1848566980

Wrecked Angle posted:

Will the insurance assessor be a role which I can work towards? I'd love to go around interviewing victims, witnesses and law enforcement and then make a decision on whether to pay out or not. Maybe I could make various offers to the player and if I get them to accept a lesser offer I would get rewarded with a bonus or something? Now I'm starting to get into the Shitizen mindset and the possibilities are endless!

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Oct 23, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

There's no problem too big to be solved by feature creep/dreams

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Feature creep and moving goals might become a problem for some citizens though.

If you die before the game comes out (assuming the game eventually comes out), what happens to your ships insurance premiums?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
So I've never had my car stolen or blown up by pirates, but I think that in either case the police would be trying to find the perpetrator, not Geico.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

"Credits won't be magically created at any interval, duh!"

Kid needs Monetary Policy 101

Or actually maybe as asteroids get mined, and more resources get circulated, currency will stay fixed

Oh god, I just had a thought. Will the asteroids get replaced over time? or will there eventually come The Day The Asteroids Ran Out?

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Already own it; utterly fantastic.

In return, while the TTA books seem very expensive, Peter Elson's website has pages and pages of his own artwork, albeit at a smaller scale than ideal. http://www.peterelson.co.uk/

e: by 'very expensive', read 'less than most SC ships'. You know, that does seem like a better deal. Actual physical .jpeg ships.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Can I work for the UEE treasury implementing space quantitative easing where appropriate?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Some of the posts in this topic are hilarious..

"CIG has spent $17M so far because I failed to multiply the average salary by 12."

"They actually made a profit!"

Should someone tell them how much has Croberts spent so far on making a B movie at imaginarium alone?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Dante80 posted:

If you die before the game comes out (assuming the game eventually comes out), what happens to your ships insurance premiums?

There was one poster a long time ago who wanted to gift a ship to his terminally ill friend. He posted asking that if the guy died if he would get the ship back.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Decrepus posted:

There was one poster a long time ago who wanted to gift a ship to his terminally ill friend. He posted asking that if the guy died if he would get the ship back.

Reasonable request.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Dante80 posted:

"CIG has spent $17M so far because I failed to multiply the average salary by 12."

Should someone tell them how much has Croberts spent so far on making a B movie at imaginarium alone?

Thing is they'll never believe it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Dante80 posted:

I am the 5% return savings account that was started with as much money as the entire project had accumulated in 3.5 years.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
They also unironically think the bank would be eager to give them a loan.

Think about it for a second citizens. A LOAN ON WHAT. Most of that 129 million is preorders. THEY ARE NOT ASSETS. They have a few million in collateral on mocap equipment. That's their only asset you can possibly get a loan on. A bank is not going to consider preorders or """""donations""""" a viable business plan or revenue stream. A bank is not going to "understand game development" that it will take 5+ years to even begin making payments back on their huge loan.

A bank loan is not an option. A publisher taking over after all the engineering debt, toxic fanbase, and chris's toxic work history is not an option.

Suckering an ignorant private investor is their only bet.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Tane

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

simplefish posted:

"Credits won't be magically created at any interval, duh!"

Kid needs Monetary Policy 101

Or actually maybe as asteroids get mined, and more resources get circulated, currency will stay fixed

Oh god, I just had a thought. Will the asteroids get replaced over time? or will there eventually come The Day The Asteroids Ran Out?

Peak Asteroid will be reached within the first month, whales are worse than the aliens from ID4.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

TheLightPurges posted:

Suckering an ignorant private investor is their only bet.

Please don't make fun of Bootcha.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Dante80 posted:

Thanks to Crazy G for the sloppy cutout https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/121191/cutouts-for-you-to-use

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

CrazyTolradi posted:

$150 to fuel up your space chariot, lol. Imaginary space fuel costs more than filling up your car's tank for a month.

Stop with this speculation. It's just... speculation. It's pointless to criticise when you don't know the facts, and are relying on speculation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

You called?

• Locked thread