Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

New Leaf posted:

A lot of DBZ fans seem to point to Jojo as another favorite. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this..

Watch Jojo, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i can't believe trunks burned down the cabin

after mai's god dad let him borrow it too

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
From the quick snippet we saw of him I do quite like Fused Zamasu's look even if it's not too different from how he normally looks. (Which does make sense as they are the same person.)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

how many filthy letters do you suppose black writes to zamasu a week?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I really liked the tactics in this episode with Vegeta and Goku going out of their way to keep Black and Zamasu separated so they couldn't just teamwork their way out of everything

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
these dragonballs sure are super. Life is good.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Condiv posted:

after mai's god dad let him borrow it too
Trunks has seen The Evil Dead. He knows literally nothing good comes from the existence of cabins.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Weird to see a Crunchy show with op subs.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Trunks has seen The Evil Dead. He knows literally nothing good comes from the existence of cabins.

Abraham Lincoln?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Blockhouse posted:

I really liked the tactics in this episode with Vegeta and Goku going out of their way to keep Black and Zamasu separated so they couldn't just teamwork their way out of everything

Negating that teamwork is probably why they end up fusing. If you're going to lose that advantage anyway might as well get the power boost for one-on-ones

But yeah it was cool to see that Goku and Vegeta were handling things as a pair and with a plan instead of one at a time and blindly

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This episode was cool as hell. Vegeta had a super good hope spot this time out, ready for him to job hard next week,

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
How is Trunks not dead at the beginning of the episode? Are Zamasu/Black Goku merciful assholes?

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

canoshiz posted:

How is Trunks not dead at the beginning of the episode? Are Zamasu/Black Goku merciful assholes?

my guess is :effort: on their part, i mean they were just relaxing together in their nice cabin after all.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

canoshiz posted:

Trunks is Zamasu too.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

Getting touched by old men is Gohans thing, Goku prefers sit ups and pushups.

Vegeta, of course, gets by on plenty of juice.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

sassassin posted:

Trunks is Zamasu too.

this would be the biggest stunner in db history

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can't wait for the Goku + Vegeta vs Zamasu and Zamasu and then Super Zamasu fight review video from Gowasu on GodTube. It'll be even better considering he's there live and in person.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I cannot believe no-one is commenting on Zamasu giving a speech no-one listens to, and then being "that's fine, I give speeches because I like hearing myself give speeches". That was loving wonderful. :allears:

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?

YF-23 posted:

I cannot believe no-one is commenting on Zamasu giving a speech no-one listens to, and then being "that's fine, I give speeches because I like hearing myself give speeches". That was loving wonderful. :allears:

I hope Super gets renewed. The animation pacing and story keeps improving.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It was scheduled for 100 or so episodes at confirmation so either way, there's still a lot to come.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Kinda hoping that Goku and Vegeta rely on vanilla flavor teamwork to beat double Zamasu instead of just fusing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Shards of Fate posted:

I hope Super gets renewed. The animation pacing and story keeps improving.

Next episode the animation resets back to crap.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
I'm only disappointed in the whole fusion thing because I wanted Vegeta to finally kill him a Kakarott.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I'm surprised by the genuine excitement I felt watching Trunks use the galick gun and seeing Vegeta go off at the end of the episode. Dragon Ball has really made my old dead heart feel again.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad this episode allowed me to believe (if only for a second) that Future Mai killed Black. That would have been a much cooler ending :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If Future Mai killed Black this would become the greatest arc of any anime ever and Japan might as well shut down their industry because it can never be improved on.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The animation was real rough for at least the first half of this episode.

Lotta cool moments though. Looking forward to seeing whatever fusions emerge.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I also would have been really into Mai shooting out his eye or something. Because then you have them seeing that a mortal rear end human made a god bleed, and it could help in the fight later.

zelah fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 23, 2016

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

everything after black's assassination is the fevered dreams of goku black's dying brain

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Kithkar posted:

I'm only disappointed in the whole fusion thing because I wanted Vegeta to finally kill him a Kakarott.

A thing that was pointed out this episode, Vegeta actually refuses to call Black "Kakarot." He always says "Black" or "Goku." He gives a little speech on how he's improved by saying he's the real deal, compared to someone like Black who just borrowed the body he's using. Vegeta, and "Kakarot," are Saiyans. Vegeta refuses to acknowledge Black as such. He doesn't even deserve to be called by a Saiyan name.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Condiv posted:

This was a good episode. :allears:

This, Vegeta's banter, and Zamasu admitting he likes ranting for no reason were great scenes.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Zamasu rant scene really seemed like something out of One Punch Man. It was a funny moment.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

zelah posted:

I also would have been really into Mai shooting out his eye or something. Because then you have them seeing that a mortal rear end human made a god bleed, and it could help in the fight later.

Well, she DID shoot his earring, from all indication.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Raxivace posted:

The Zamasu rant scene really seemed like something out of One Punch Man. It was a funny moment.

I cracked up pretty hard at that scene. Zamasu is a great villian.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Can anyone who's clever about animation explain the differences between the methods they use for Super as compared with the old show? I know it's something to do with cel shading but I'' not knowledgeable enough to know how the methods differ. I think the new series tends to have sharper, maybe "heavier" colours, if that makes sense. It's also generally brighter-looking, but somehow darker-textures at the same time (not sure how to explain it).

I've noticed similar things with other revival shows like Sailor Moon Crystal and Slayers Revolution.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

Can anyone who's clever about animation explain the differences between the methods they use for Super as compared with the old show? I know it's something to do with cel shading but I'' not knowledgeable enough to know how the methods differ. I think the new series tends to have sharper, maybe "heavier" colours, if that makes sense. It's also generally brighter-looking, but somehow darker-textures at the same time (not sure how to explain it).

I've noticed similar things with other revival shows like Sailor Moon Crystal and Slayers Revolution.

Modern anime is largely done with digital computer coloring. That's the big thing.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, old shows used to colored on physical cels (celluloid sheets), while these days frames are scanned then colored.

Motto fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 23, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Flat colours and much clearer, high resolution videos mean the feeling of depth is lessened and cut corners with the art is much easier to see. Obviously, DB/DBZ cut those corners too, but it was fuzzy and like 240p so it's straight harder to see.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, she DID shoot his earring, from all indication.

Maybe that's what she was aiming at? Destroy his earring and Blacks no longer a Kaioshin, his time ring doesn't work, and he dissapears in a puff of paradox. Unfortunately Potara earrings occupy a strange place on the mohs hardness scale, hard enough to survive a super bullet but fragile enough to be crushed be Vegeta (I'm sure Vegeta has a tight grip).

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She looked annoyed after hitting him, so she was probably aiming for his head and missed. But ultimately, her missing likely put him in much greater harm than actually hitting him in the face.

• Locked thread