Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

theres so many actually. i wish i knew ohow to screenshot on a 3ds cos i wanted to post a few

post it to miiverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Miiverse even just has a screenshot folder thing now so you dont even need to make a post

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

post it to miiverse

ohhh. i dont actually use that, but i should. i suppose i have to replay the game again after i beat it haha... nooo ... lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

theres so many actually. i wish i knew ohow to screenshot on a 3ds cos i wanted to post a few

Post it to miiverse then link the image

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wheres the fragment in the ending vist to the oldplaces

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Wheres the fragment in the ending vist to the oldplaces

It's in the well outside estard castle I missed it the first time through

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

Take a picture with your cell phone or regular style camera

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I beat the guy so now I'm a mercenary

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Im running out of islands to save :-(

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I beat it whew

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Got beat bad by the desert boss so I spent about an hour grinding and got intermediate jobs, went back and destroyed him easily. I almost miss how much you had to grind in the original game, this is the first time it scratched that itch for me... Got a Gladiator, a Sage and a Monster Masher and it's going very well!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Beat the robot

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

i beat the game. thought it was going to be a lot longer after the island plate section but what can you do.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

greenthumb is cool

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
I feel like I'm missing something. I just saved the desert island, went back to the past, got the red fragment, but I'm still short a yellow fragment to complete what I assume is the next pedestal I'm meant to visit. I've visited the ridiculous French accent island and done the whole carpet fakeout as well. But I'm going in circles now, and the next tablet option says there aren't any in currently accessible locations. What gives?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
If the game is telling you you found everything, have you tried putting in every fragment you have in all the pedestals? The next island is Gröndal, maybe someone else can check what color that is since I'm in the ending.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

Last Celebration posted:

If the game is telling you you found everything, have you tried putting in every fragment you have in all the pedestals? The next island is Gröndal, maybe someone else can check what color that is since I'm in the ending.

No I'm an idiot. I just looked at the pedestal and realized it wanted 3 fragments not 4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shawon Dunston posted:

No I'm an idiot. I just looked at the pedestal and realized it wanted 3 fragments not 4.

It happens

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I died for the first time to cumulus vex qq. but on the other hand, i appreciate it, and the dungeons are getting better.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Still haven't unlocked jobs yet but I just finished southern spice island and it was supremely better than Frobisher

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

I died for the first time to cumulus vex qq. but on the other hand, i appreciate it, and the dungeons are getting better.

thin air out of nowhere is an incredible dick move

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the random encounters DO get harder(there's an especially big jump during the last dungeon) but the game isn't very hard overall due to the job system. It actually used to be MORE exploitable, the psx version let you keep any skills from intermediate/advanced jobs. Though DQ in general isn't that difficult a series, 8 was the real outlier there because the tension system added a ton of strategy.

Also 2 where the 2nd prince had like 3 hp and died to a stiff breeze.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Yinlock posted:

the random encounters DO get harder(there's an especially big jump during the last dungeon) but the game isn't very hard overall due to the job system. It actually used to be MORE exploitable, the psx version let you keep any skills from intermediate/advanced jobs. Though DQ in general isn't that difficult a series, 8 was the real outlier there because the tension system added a ton of strategy.

I felt like 6 was really hard compared to other dragon quests since the enemies had no problems using all the busted skills you had and was generally balanced around having two healbots for out of battle healing. But it feels like vocations were given way better skills than they should have to make up for not keeping their skills, like how paladin gets Multiheal and gladiators can oomph themselves.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

I felt like 6 was really hard compared to other dragon quests since the enemies had no problems using all the busted skills you had and was generally balanced around having two healbots for out of battle healing. But it feels like vocations were given way better skills than they should have to make up for not keeping their skills, like how paladin gets Multiheal and gladiators can oomph themselves.

its true you dont really have to think about what class you want people to be in for a boss fight or anything, since most classes can do just about everything to some extent. the champion class is just ridiculous as well. i cant see how hero can possibly add anything to that

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Hero is basically some good poo poo from literally every advanced vocation, along with the Zap spells and Omniheal. Champion has better strength and their last skill works on metal enemies but I'm cool with hero as a reward for all that leveling, plus it might be better than Druid for Maribel since it gives HP regen and a lot of spells.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Yinlock posted:

1-3 on nes were hard pal.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

its true you dont really have to think about what class you want people to be in for a boss fight or anything, since most classes can do just about everything to some extent. the champion class is just ridiculous as well. i cant see how hero can possibly add anything to that

hero has omniheal and 99% of the time i did oomph focus str and knuckle sandwich to deal damage to bosses

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

King Scoober

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I haven't played 1-3 but 6 definitely had the hardest bosses

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
8 was the hardest for me, i havent played 1-3 either. or 6 yet TBH

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8 and 6 were the hardest to me, although I never finished 2. 6's final boss is brutal

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm on the Torban tournament and the contestants are Jimi, Lemmy and Yngwie

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Drakeslimes are adorable

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

wooooooo yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hell yeah

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

oh wow the skystone, i wasnt expecting to get something like that after the carpet

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

this game got really good again really fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

in the middle of a dungeon and two different characters maxed out their jobs, its so tempting to just leave, switch jobs, and redo the dungeon

• Locked thread