Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, Nintendo is definitely taking Wii U games to the Switch, they're even doing it right now to 3DS withhyryle warriors, woolly world and mario maker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

The Switch is likely significantly more powerful than the Wii U.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Philip Rivers posted:

To be honest that was a pretty low bar to clear even when Wii U launched.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

limaCAT posted:

To be honest that was a pretty low bar to clear even when Wii U launched.

Sure, but it's not gonna be Wii U Pro.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I need goofy Nintendo Switch images for the OP.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Philip Rivers posted:

Oh, I agree, same as how the PS4 Pro is significantly more powerful than the PS4. It just won't be as big of a jump as, say, PS3 (apparently around 230 GFlops) to PS4 (1.84 TFlops). Most likely around twice as powerful - a lot of people seem to be assuming around 500GFlops.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The last thing Nintendo wants is more flops

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

a.lo posted:

i am going to live in an apartment and own a nintendo switch some day

that's crazy talk where I come from nobody can afford electronics the joke is that Australian electronics pricing is almost as bad as its housing bubble

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I need goofy Nintendo Switch images for the OP.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Philip Rivers posted:

Sure, but it's not gonna be Wii U Pro.

The Switch just begs of a PS4PRO/Iphone-like refresh every 2 years with better power or even just longer battery life: just switch the tablet component and keep everything else in place.
For me that would be a good selling point (other than it's a successor to the 3DS, and this time they won't move their A-teams away from it).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Erata posted:

Do they call it Mario Maker Switchty-Four or Swixty-Four?

yes

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

limaCAT posted:

The Switch just begs of a PS4PRO/Iphone-like refresh every 2 years with better power or even just longer battery life: just switch the tablet component and keep everything else in place.
For me that would be a good selling point (other than it's a successor to the 3DS, and this time they won't move their A-teams away from it).

I agree with this but it makes more sense to switch out the base, then the tablet in half generation cycles since apparently they have the patent to put a second supplementary processor in the base.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They could also put CPUs into carts again.
Maybe make a cart with a protruding radiator and a fan.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

SelenicMartian posted:

They could also put CPUs into carts again.
Maybe make a cart with a protruding radiator and a fan.

Why stop there?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Philip Rivers posted:

I agree with this but it makes more sense to switch out the base, then the tablet in half generation cycles since apparently they have the patent to put a second supplementary processor in the base.

you can patent lots of stuff but it doesn't make it good business.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

you can patent lots of stuff but it doesn't make it good business.

I think selling upgrades piecewise rather than as an entirely separate unit e.g. PS4 Pro/Scorpio makes a lot of sense and is way more consumer-friendly.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

i wanna see some dumb crossover stuff abusing switch in the name
like fire emblem advance wars or capcom verswitch nintendo

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

zolthorg posted:

Super Switch Bros

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

zolthorg posted:

Yes, just let me put Velouria at the head of a helicopter division. I need to get her out of the house.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

glad im not the only one

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

The MK in the trailer is not MK8, though.

Yes it is.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Porting Splatoon, Smash, MK8 and Mario Maker is really smart because it brings new people in and it also means they can continue to make DLC for those games AND have them also be available on Wii U to get money from that install base as well. so they can be like "see?? technically we're still supporting Wii U." although it will probably not be possible for Splatoon Switch players to play against Splatoon U players (actually I wonder if Splatoon U servers will end up getting discontinued when the Switch version comes out)

Mario Golf on Switch will fuckin own. eat poo poo Hot Shots

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
King K Rool will finally be in Smash bros

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

But it had double items and King Boo...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

8-bit Miniboss posted:

But it had double items and King Boo...

Most likely an enhanced port, like Hyrule Warriors Legends and the upcoming Woolly World 3D release.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
anyone wants more gamexplain analysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkhFBqwepFQ

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It's been a few days and I am still incredibly stoked to own a Nintendo Switch.

My only problem is how to deal with the upcoming months until it is released.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Kirby Superscare! posted:

It's been a few days and I am still incredibly stoked to own a Nintendo Switch.

My only problem is how to deal with the upcoming months until it is released.

You could play fun Nintendo video games until then.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah. No.

Those games are already in HD on the Wii U. MK8, SMW3d and others are 1080p, 60 FPS. They aren't going to remake them for the switch and it's doubtful anything will be powerful enough to properly emulate them for a while yet.

MK8 is 720p.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

codenameFANGIO posted:

You could play fun Nintendo video games until then.

I am doing this on my awesomely full WiiU!
Also my PS vita which might be surpassed by the Switch as the best handheld I own.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

limaCAT posted:

How about no. I buy consoles for the advantage of not having to upgrade them just to play a game a few years in the console's life.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Kirby Superscare! posted:

I am doing this on my awesomely full WiiU!
Also my PS vita which might be surpassed by the Switch as the best handheld I own.

You don't like the 3DS? It has tons more great games like Kid Icarus: Uprising and Kirby: Planet Robobot!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the third-party will make giant joycons that are 80% battery and plug into the switch to charge it. that's my guess

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Rexroom posted:

How about no. I buy consoles for the advantage of not having to upgrade them just to play a game a few years in the console's life.

No matter why you buy them this is still more than likely what's going to happen

The PS4 Pro and Scorpio are the first steps of this from their companies, and with the Switch being on a CPU that's basically ripped from phones, it'll probably start happening there too

It's a brave new world, maybe just buy a PC that'll last five years

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

You don't like the 3DS? It has tons more great games like Kid Icarus: Uprising and Kirby: Planet Robobot!

I love my 3DS. I have a New 3DS with Yoshi cover plates :) I just like my Vita even more. It's comfier to hold, the screen is nicer and I love playing twin stick shooters on it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Philip Rivers posted:

I think selling upgrades piecewise rather than as an entirely separate unit e.g. PS4 Pro/Scorpio makes a lot of sense and is way more consumer-friendly.

Sega genesis ftw

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, Nintendo is definitely taking Wii U games to the Switch, they're even doing it right now to 3DS withhyryle warriors, woolly world and mario maker

Woolly World is coming to the 3DS!?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
After playing with a PSVR I sincerely hope Nintendo produces their own version because drat would it be fun and nauseating and probably really expensive and not actually sell a lot and be declared an unmitigated disaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

s.i.r.e. posted:

Woolly World is coming to the 3DS!?

yea with a woolly poochy amiibo

• Locked thread