Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

So the girl for day 5 didn't do anything except imply she has a machamp for a boyfriend

devs knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Why do you wear a ring on your wrist?!?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

FishBulb posted:

Why do you wear a ring on your wrist?!?

You're a child and have tiny baby wrists?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Zore posted:

You're a child and have tiny baby wrists?

I tried to fit my wedding ring around my daughters wrist. Please call an ambulance for me.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There was actually a thing a while back that was giving lore information in the Pokemon world and one of them was about Machamp and how they have muscle cafes or something that is popular with the ladies.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Kikas posted:

I wonder if the fact that there are non-announced events means that they want people to play the demo every day. If so, that's pretty clever. Maybe something will come up with the Machamp thats standing on that empty parcel in the middle of town.

finally, the vermillion man's dream will be realized

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I've always thought it would be cool to have moves that did sub-optimal damage, but incurred weather for like 2 turns (turn it's used included) or increased the longevity of weather for another turn or 2.

Cloud Burst, Flash Freeze, Solar Flare, Dust Devil (RENAMED TO CYCLONE IN US REGIONS BECAUSE THE DEVIL IS BAD)

Yestermoment fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 23, 2016

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Ban the weather wars. As was agreed in the Unova Treaty, signed 2012.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Wow I just went to look at my old games and I still have a lot of Pokemon in Entralink including Arceus also had a shiny Palkia and Dialga in the pc and the Green Delivery Man is wait with a shiny Giratina. They seem to be from some 2013 event that I don't remember doing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, there was some gameplay footage shown today on a nico stream, seems to be the first trial and lead up to it, some neat stuff but it also had Ilima say there's seven trials in total. :( and here I was hoping every trial and grand trial would total to 18 to cover every type.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Chibs posted:

The ~mysterious old man~ came back when I went to his area again. They didn't give me anything, but the game saved again right after.

very curious . . . or possibly nothing

I've gone back a few times. His message has changed each time.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Nth Doctor posted:

I've gone back a few times. His message has changed each time.

Apparently after 5 he just loops.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

What is this? Is it a Chinese knock off or some bizarre early concept art.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Yestermoment posted:

I've always thought it would be cool to have moves that did sub-optimal damage, but incurred weather for like 2 turns (turn it's used included) or increased the longevity of weather for another turn or 2.

Cloud Burst, Flash Freeze, Solar Flare, Dust Devil (RENAMED TO CYCLONE IN US REGIONS BECAUSE THE DEVIL IS BAD)

This is a really good idea and would be hugely beneficial for both weather teams and also just normal teams. At 2 turns including use it would give just enough time to set up weather abilities or moves like Solarbeam/Thunder/Blizzard, a less moveset-crippling way to disrupt a weather team's flow, and a way to change the weather even if taunted. If you gave it like 65-70BP and good distribution, it could end up being a very useful tool.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It's early concept art showing the origins of Blaziken and Latias.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

it's not bizzare it's friggin awesome

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It seems if you watch the girl show off her Machamp boyfriend the game doesn't save. However, if you then follow that up with going to the man on the hill, from then on the fact you saw the event will be saved.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Chibs posted:

The ~mysterious old man~ came back when I went to his area again. They didn't give me anything, but the game saved again right after.

very curious . . . or possibly nothing

you can keep bugging him and he thinks you've come to see his magnificent dome.

I just want to save the game, old man, although your head is very impressive

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

So the girl for day 5 didn't do anything except imply she has a machamp for a boyfriend

There's way more Machamps in the city than people. Glad she's found a loving man.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Machokes are way cuter.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I'm disappointed that Rotom Pokédex isn't a form we can use in battle, I want my talking Pokédex pal to Thunderbolt everything.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Starsnostars posted:

I'm disappointed that Rotom Pokédex isn't a form we can use in battle, I want my talking Pokédex pal to Thunderbolt everything.

It's even worse that Rotom apparently isn't even in the Alola Dex!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQCTqgf7CyY

One of the trainers is a backpacker from Black/White.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've never understood why Castform, the loving cloud pokemon, wasn't a flying type.

Boomstick Quaid posted:

What's the deal with garchomp being able to fly

All of its pokedex entries go on and on about its mastery of flying and wind slicing but the only flying move it learns is aerial ace, a move dugtrio can learn

Garchomps is dumb, that's the answer.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Dexie posted:

It's even worse that Rotom apparently isn't even in the Alola Dex!

that's cause the Alola Dex is in Rotom :v:

Dehry posted:

One of the trainers is a backpacker from Black/White.

Oh, I was wondering about that, I saw someone on Twitter saying something about it but didn't get what they meant. That's neat

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

top 2 poke men:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I've never understood why Castform, the loving cloud pokemon, wasn't a flying type.

Garchomps is dumb, that's the answer.

clouds are more water then air, swablu and altaria should be part water not flying

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
It will be insanely messed up if they don't add an in-battle pokedex form for rotom.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

someone pointed out before that rotom dex was probably an nx because of the side hands and screen and now it does indeed look kind of like a switch

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

mandatory lesbian posted:

clouds are more water then air, swablu and altaria should be part water not flying

They would still be flying type, for they are birds.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Internet Kraken posted:

Its entire gimmick involves it not being its default typing.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Zuzie posted:

Its entire gimmick involves it not being its default typing.

Air is a constant of weather patterns, so it being pure Flying in default form and adding other types for its forms would make it much more memorable than its current gimmick does.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Boomstick Quaid posted:

It will be insanely messed up if they don't add an in-battle pokedex form for rotom.

Well, he WAS introduced in gen 4...

And the game has Ten Carat Hill and the starting island is based off the island where Pearl Harbor was, so...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

They would still be flying type, for they are birds.

no, altaria should be my beautiful water/dragon friend, who mega-evolves into a water/fairy

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Classtoise posted:

Well, he WAS introduced in gen 4...

And the game has Ten Carat Hill and the starting island is based off the island where Pearl Harbor was, so...

so he'll have a kamikaze plane form? not sure where you're going with this friend

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
rotom: sex toy form?

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

so he'll have a kamikaze plane form? not sure where you're going with this friend

Rotom debuted in Diamond and Pearl and it's not unreasonable to think that Rotom-Dex will be some new forme for him in the remakes.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Classtoise posted:

Rotom debuted in Diamond and Pearl and it's not unreasonable to think that Rotom-Dex will be some new forme for him in the remakes.

you are completely missing my point, which is that i don't see what pearl harbor or 10 carat hill have to do with rotom

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

you are completely missing my point, which is that i don't see what pearl harbor or 10 carat hill have to do with rotom

Well considering that's the game he's from, I figured the "Diamond and Pearl" connection was pretty clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Classtoise posted:

Well considering that's the game he's from, I figured the "Diamond and Pearl" connection was pretty clear.

oh okay gotcha, i forgot what carats measured haha