Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

THE PWNER posted:

When the #1 motivation for moving is because u can't get laid in a country where you're not a novelty just because of your ethnicity, yes it is
Dude, you're not living up to your username at all. "Guy uses Tinder knock-off app while abroad, what a freak! GROSS!"

Here's a rabbit for you:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

THE PWNER posted:

yeah we were gonna head to paris but we just said gently caress it, wallonia is good enough

At least the Walloon Duterte is better-looking

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

E_P posted:

I agree all countries should remain homogeneous. Race mixing is a crime. Also this is the 1920s correct?

I'm from the 1880s and if a chap wants to marry his habibi it helps create a comprador class of Anglo-Orientals so I do not see a downside

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Man we rebooted GBS and this thread is still the same. What did we do all that for

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

THE PWNER posted:

When the #1 motivation for moving is because u can't get laid in a country where you're not a novelty just because of your ethnicity, yes it is

it is impossible to have conversations about living abroad in China without This Guy freaking about it. It happens in every thread, in every conversation, everywhere.

No one gave a poo poo when I went to Italy or Japan and had sex. Why do people wig out when it happens in China? Seriously how insecure are you people?

It only happens when talking about China. Why is that?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Imperialist Dog posted:

I'm from the 1880s and if a chap wants to marry his habibi it helps create a comprador class of Anglo-Orientals so I do not see a downside

can confirm based on facial hair

In response to your earlier post, I run a corporate communications firm and am currently doing interview training for 11-year-olds

Hit me up if you want your kid coached

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

The Great Autismo! posted:

it is impossible to have conversations about living abroad in China without This Guy freaking about it. It happens in every thread, in every conversation, everywhere.

No one gave a poo poo when I went to Italy or Japan and had sex. Why do people wig out when it happens in China? Seriously how insecure are you people?

It only happens when talking about China. Why is that?

says a literal waifu-haver

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

THE PWNER posted:

I'll be here as long as Yankees are annoyed by a voice that isn't a sex tourist
Haier is great though. I mean the other sex tourists

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

holy poo poo lol someone actually got probated in this thread for being insufferable and it wasn't for "casual racism"? :yayclod:

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

simplefish posted:

says a literal waifu-haver

No but like seriously, have sex in a different country...no one cares. At all.

In Japan: cool dude
In Italy: awesome! Was she hot?
In England: no one cares shut up
In Mongolia: haha
In China: wow u r a sex tourist u can not get a girl in America r u a terrible person do u know that having sex in China with a Chinese girl means blah blah blah blah omg shut up

Yes I'm married and she isn't Chinese. And I live in China. No one cares about people having sex in China. People have sex all over the world. I'm sorry if you're not having sex. That sucks. Stop screwing up our conversation

The Great Autismo! fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 23, 2016

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

In China: wow u r a sex tourist u can not get a girl in America r u a terrible person do u know that having sex in China with a Chinese girl means blah blah blah blah omg shut up

You'd probably get dinged for Thailand too.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

You'd probably get dinged for Thailand too.

I wouldn't know I didn't have sex when I was there :/

ars
Oct 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
i mean this thread is sorta racist and misogynist as all hell

but its funny and not like complaining about such things will help loving any

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Yes I'm married and she isn't Chinese. And I live in China. No one cares about people having sex in China. People have sex all over the world. I'm sorry if you're not having sex. That sucks. Stop screwing up our conversation

i was joking. of course it doesn't loving matter.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

simplefish posted:

i was joking. of course it doesn't loving matter.

Ya I know you were joking

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

i mean if youd lived out the goon fantasy of heading to Gurorious Nippon for hanzo steel and a submissive mate, thatd be one thing, but you didnt, dude chill

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

ok loving ninja me instead then

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Accretionist posted:

Any strong opinions on destinations for food-oriented solo-travel, w/good transit?

Details: One week, generic large white male, not a bar goer, irrationally fond of dumplings and ramen. Mid/late '17 window.

The food here in China is great. I posted in the other thread, but there's a big difference between the north, south and other regions. In the south and southwest it's a lot more sub tropical so you can different kinds of fruit, seafood and spices. In the North and North east there's a bigger muslim population and mongol/pasture influence so you get more lamb dishes and the lamb tastes freaking awesome. It's also more of a wheat based diet and people there are pickier with their dough. You get better dumplings and heartier stews and meals.

Then there's the Northwest and and tibet where poo poo is just wild west there. For the off beaten path pick somewhere in Gansu. The Lanzhou pulled noodles there are awesome - there's a chain or hui restaurant of some sort in every big city but the taste is just better there.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

fish and chips and dip posted:

Some pages ago there was a discussion about calling people out for their behavior in China, e.g. smoking in places you shouldn't smoke.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/22/world/asia/china-smoke-elevator-attack.html

A woman told a guy not to smoke in the elevator. Frankly I'm not surprised why especially women in China are very reluctant in calling anyone out on their horrible behavior.

You stay classy, China!

I love his effete slap-punches

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

simplefish posted:

ok loving ninja me instead then

I wasn't really responding to you I was responding in general to the dude who always says "you're in China you moved there for sex tourism", which I have heard so many times and is just such a weird thing to shout about when it comes to China

If you're going to move to a country for "sex tourism" China probably isn't very high on the list I would guess, after seeing what I saw in Thailand. But China is the only country that people get super butthurt about dudes having sex in that I've noticed. poo poo is weird as hell

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

we cool, TGA.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

simplefish posted:

we cool, TGA.

depends how many beers we drink in hk next month :getin:

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
It's beertopia next week month

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

depends how many beers we drink in hk next month :getin:

you dont even know. Except for Saturday morning, I have cleared Friday through Tuesday

Jimmy Little Balls
Aug 23, 2009
I live above 3 brothels, finally saw someone go into one of them yesterday, it was 11am.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Jimmy Little Balls posted:

I live above 3 brothels, finally saw someone go into one of them yesterday, it was 11am.

just 3?

there is a goon here lives in a building full of them, pink neons outside and everything, i went to visit him after work this week, scared shitless my students would see me going in/coming out and get the wrong idea.

the school is 2 streets away

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

I think that's like the peak hours for brothels worldwide man. That's when the married dudes go get some

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

did u make sure to let him know how offensive it was to have sex in China?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ars posted:

i mean this thread is sorta racist and misogynist as all hell

but its funny and not like complaining about such things will help loving any

this thread is racist and misogynist in the most shallow buzzfeed thought police kind of way

like those damage control emails from your university about how we should be more accepting and tolerant of international students because the saudi ones keep raping people

ars
Oct 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
it kind of is though, sorry, in multiple, meaningful and practical ways

and thats fine but dont loving try pass it as if it was not

because it do

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I'd have to start by arguing that it's more nationalistic than anything, but I doubt the internet defense league is interested in an honest debate.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

nomad2020 posted:

I'd have to start by arguing that it's more nationalistic than anything, but I doubt the internet defense league is interested in an honest debate.

none one is actually interested in having an actual conversation about these things lol

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I'm aware, and that's why I just shitpost. There was that one serious post in the last thread that I'm not happy with, but that's what you get for letting me drink and post.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
the dumbest thing these threads have done is when everyone went into full internet Japan defense force for someone having the audacity to criticize it about as much as people slam on China regularly in here

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

You know I've been thinking about this for a while now

A segment of this thread keeps saying that China posters view the Chinese as "not people"

I ask you, how many times do you get stuck in traffic, deal with an rear end in a top hat, or even queue behind someone and judge them in that moment of behaviour?

For example, I was stuck on a bus waiting an hour for what is usually a less than one minute part of the journey. The traffic accident wasn't even on our side of the road.

Nobody's saying assholes don't exist globally

Just that certain contexts produce different, commentable results in China

Does rubbernecking exist everywhere? Yes. Is it especially pronounced in China? I think so. You may disagree. But I live here, having lived in many other countries. Do you? Have you? This is the China thread so forgive me if I comment on the China manifestation and it doesn't live up to your expectations of what the Chinese "should be". By the way, trying to tell the entire Chinese populace what they "should be" is hella racist.

If you can't handle different cultures being different then maybe you're the dickhead. Certainly you should start, in my opinion, by getting the MOBO awards banned in the UK

I'm not commenting on or defending individual posters, but you generalised the thread as a whole, so I think it's fair game.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ars posted:

it kind of is though, sorry, in multiple, meaningful and practical ways

and thats fine but dont loving try pass it as if it was not

because it do

this thread is racist and misogynist in multiple, meaningful ways.

anyways it's not that big of a deal carry on

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So for the dehumanising argument, I think that that's a load of codswallop.

People are commenting on human action.

If you think it's not fair, come out here, live a different reality, and inform us.

Otherwise just recognise that very seldom in your own life do you considre others as complete humans. Was that guy speeding pastyou in the pickup because he was an imaptient dickwad commuter or because he was trying to get to his daughter in hospital? Didn't think of that, perhaps. But a foreigner might see that as all Americans being impatient twats who play fast and loose with traffic rules. And then post about it in an America thread.

Is that any more dehumanising than you thinking the same guy is a twat, as an American?

We all judge people. We do that based on experience. People who live here have an experience you don't. Grow the gently caress up.

ars
Oct 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
all wise and true and lets move on

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I think the thread can get pretty bad sometimes but when you view it in the context of expats fed up about poo poo and venting about it, I think that's fine. The only time it kinda pisses me off is when people are making posts about e.g. the emasculated Asian American male subreddits (which are the same exact thing) without any apparent sense of self awareness.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
theres definitely a bias ITT but this is the Lol China thread on the Something Awful Comedy Forums, what the heck did you expect?

this poo poo is tame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

the chinese are people???

• Locked thread