Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Don't think I'll get a chance to play anymore but I think I'm going to really enjoy this game. All I need to wait / read up more on is the benefits of prestiging, if there's going to be a buy more loadout tabs option (that carry over through prestige and just locks loadouts you haven't unlocked please god do this), and just how stingy they're going to be with keys / crafting.

Also a one time unlock everything purchase for anywhere between $20-30 and I would buy it without thinking about it. I'd still need to prestige to unlock the classic weapons but I would really love to just pay to skip the grind and just worry about having fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Why is everything lagging and why is everyone using snipers

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

free basket of chips posted:

Why is everything lagging and why is everyone using snipers

Infinity Ward

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

housefly posted:

Witness as I do almost a complete 180 on this. Whatever they did to fix that lag compensation bullshit made this playable. Now that I'm not dying instantly I'm liking it more.

Behold as I once again as I complete the turn and find myself once again in the "first beta weekend" and "Friday afternoon" situation where the loving stupid lag compensation is getting me killed repeatedly before I even see someone on my screen. I ended up deleting this hot garbage. Let me know how the tire fire turns out for you all when this piece of poo poo hits proper release. I'll play blops with you in the meantime, but man...this was just a bad beta all around. gently caress Infinite Warfare.

housefly fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 24, 2016

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
yup, i'm in the same boat. i had enough fun yesterday to make me consider going back on my original skip of this round

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Don't get me wrong. It's still bland (I'm adjusting to it), has terrible fonts (I can get past this), and the sniper rifles are still loving ridiculous. That said, I think with some more balancing they'll get it all sorted out. The lag compensation is what was making it utterly unplayable for me.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

The existence of weapon variants are enough to make this a skip year (unless MWR comes separately or Legacy Edition goes on a big sale). At least AW variants had stat reductions in addition to the stat boosts, but this is just full of bullshit advantages. Scrap comes so slow that the crafting might as well not exist, it's all pay to win.

I quit Black Ops 3 shortly after the supply drop guns came out.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I wish they'd stop pussy-footing around, and just give us CoD: Online already, so we can have good maps and guns again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Superanos posted:

The existence of weapon variants are enough to make this a skip year (unless MWR comes separately or Legacy Edition goes on a big sale). At least AW variants had stat reductions in addition to the stat boosts, but this is just full of bullshit advantages. Scrap comes so slow that the crafting might as well not exist, it's all pay to win.

I quit Black Ops 3 shortly after the supply drop guns came out.

The daily login bonus could help alleviate this. Then again that's assuming they balance the game for you to be able to craft an orange gun (and everything before it) in a reasonable amount of time. Like I think 1-2 weeks of playing to fully craft all the variables of one weapon sounds fair. And that's assuming you don't get any of the 3 variants from boxes which should cut into the grind. And if they do bribe package or any special offers to the best variants you'll save even more.

Weapon variants carry through prestiges, right?

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The daily login bonus could help alleviate this. Then again that's assuming they balance the game for you to be able to craft an orange gun (and everything before it) in a reasonable amount of time. Like I think 1-2 weeks of playing to fully craft all the variables of one weapon sounds fair. And that's assuming you don't get any of the 3 variants from boxes which should cut into the grind. And if they do bribe package or any special offers to the best variants you'll save even more.

Weapon variants carry through prestiges, right?

we all know that it's going to require the same amount of gameplay that we are all currently used to. No more, no less. and next year, we wipe the slate clean, bitch about the beta, after a full year of bitching about the game, lovely lag, lovely drop rates, pay to win, and retarded DLC's.. Rinse, Lather, Sweat, Wipe, Repeat

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

we all know that it's going to require the same amount of gameplay that we are all currently used to. No more, no less. and next year, we wipe the slate clean, bitch about the beta, after a full year of bitching about the game, lovely lag, lovely drop rates, pay to win, and retarded DLC's.. Rinse, Lather, Sweat, Wipe, Repeat

Modern Warfare Remastered will make it so that there is no need to buy a new COD game any more. If they won't sell it separately, I'm sure it'll get a PSN sale down to at least $60 so you can pretend you're buying MWR and getting some lovely space game as a bonus.

I'm pretty sure I remember some Black Ops 3 editions getting a 25% off sale on Christmas time already, so it shouldn't take long.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Game is playable now so grats on whatever they did. Erad is still bonkers. Snipers even more bonkers. Suppressors poo poo on damage output. Still probably not enough to make me play it over overwatch.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Bumper Stickup posted:

Game is playable now so grats on whatever they did. Erad is still bonkers. Snipers even more bonkers. Suppressors poo poo on damage output. Still probably not enough to make me play it over overwatch.

haha if you genuinely enjoy Overwatch, then your mind is already lost.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

Overwatch is good. I'm sorry you can't escape cods abusive relationship.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

negative, I tried it and I'm sick of Blizzards RNG, therefore. The game is a godawful rip off of TF2.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

You mean the cosmetic RNG that doesn't effect the gameplay at all?

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

Mister Macys posted:

I wish they'd stop pussy-footing around, and just give us CoD: Online already, so we can have good maps and guns again.

I hope this crashes hard enough for them to start considering bringing over CoD: Online. I am such a cod whore that I would spend money on that game all the frickin time.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I also hated the hats in tf2. drat you cosmetic rng.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mill Village posted:

You mean the cosmetic RNG that doesn't effect the gameplay at all?

I wouldn't mind the cosmetic RNG if it didn't constantly give me duplicates of things that don't even make my characters look different, or of voice lines that go unused because they add nothing whatsoever to the experience.

Game's fun enough though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

Watch https://www.twitch.tv/kingshiro 's stream. He'll show you how to play it right.

He didn't get 1SR in ranked by not having fun, lemme tell ya.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
My success rate with dog mode is about 30/70 but this was a fun ride.

Also we lost that game.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mister Macys posted:

Watch https://www.twitch.tv/kingshiro 's stream. He'll show you how to play it right.

He didn't get 1SR in ranked by not having fun, lemme tell ya.

I will be honest, I popped on Overwatch and wound up realizing that I might like Ana's kit because her sniper sorta reminds me of the Intervention somehow. Also helps that said rifle is constantly accurate regardless of scope.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Netcode is straight garbage every other game. What a loving joke.

When it works, hey, it's an okay game. It's no BLOPS 3, or even AW, but it's a solid "better than Ghosts" by Activision's D-Team.
Baby steps, for :iw: I guess.

Everything involving the UI or usability whether in-game or in the menus is still a tire fire though.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

Netcode is straight garbage every other game. What a loving joke.

When it works, hey, it's an okay game. It's no BLOPS 3, or even AW, but it's a solid "better than Ghosts" by Activision's D-Team.
Baby steps, for :iw: I guess.

Everything involving the UI or usability whether in-game or in the menus is still a tire fire though.

I apparently edited an old post last night instead of replying, but I agree. The visuals and UI I can definitely get past, but the netcode was super inconsistent yesterday after playing a couple hours. I would feel there were straight up good gun fights and a lot of back and forth, then out of nowhere there'd be a game where it went back to the pre-patch lag comp bullshit. It was enough for me to delete the beta. I mean, I know it was the last day of it and all, but I was still pissed.

Hopefully it sells terribly after this and they break out modern warfare remastered sooner than later.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Tell me when CoD can do this RELIABLY.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

widespread posted:

WW1 dubstep looking good

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

widespread posted:

In terms of sales, that's the last three games, only faster. I'd call that reliable. :ironicat:

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

widespread posted:

I want a blimpnado kill streak SO bad now.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Reminds me of the stoneburner from Dune.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Everything I'm seeing about mwr seems fantastic. God drat it!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

If there's one thing BF does better than COD, it's amusing glitches like that.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Rented Bf1 and it was pretty meh just left me wanting to play COD after waiting forever to spawn, running around, and then getting sniped

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mill Village posted:

If there's one thing BF does better than COD, it's amusing glitches like that.
Truly. CoD you get some care package fuckup, or people crawling into the geometry. BF really is leagues ahead here.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

SubponticatePoster posted:

Truly. CoD you get some care package fuckup, or people crawling into the geometry. BF really is leagues ahead here.

Javelin glitch

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Hackan Slash posted:

Javelin glitch

I cant remember what the Javelin glitch was... remind me?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Suicide bomb with a shotgun radius.

More accurately, a dead man's switch, but whatever.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 24, 2016

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Got the orange kbar from a supply crate and man I wish I could use this poo poo with a mouse. Felt pretty good anyhow.

YES. YES.

Let the hate flow through you.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

I cant remember what the Javelin glitch was... remind me?

Only the best COD glitch ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbLGHW9yoY4

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Hahaha gently caress I'd completely forgotten about that. Man, MW2 was the loving best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

The beta of this is bad and I've already deleted it, but have they said if the cod4 remaster will be sold separately? also, how many old 360 crew have moved to ps4 (macys doesn't count)?

• Locked thread