Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

spongeh posted:

Main roster titantrons are just words now too. They've moved away from the showing moves type.

I think if the arena has a large screen suspended in the center of the building, those videos play on there because the tron's new shape doesn't work well with the video aspect ratios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
When do you all think No Way Jose gets called up? He's got charisma, size, and he's a decent worker. I think he's a guy they could build up for an NXT title run, but it wouldn't be surprising if he gets called up way earlier to his long term detriment.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I don't think he's had enough matches under his belt to make it to the main roster without being aimless. He also needs to make his character more rounded, show off his serious side more than just in his matches against Austin Aries.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Bringing up No Way Jose now would make him Apollo Crews 2.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
From Ocala:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

beggar posted:

I don't agree with any of this. The explicit purpose of a stinger like Fabulous or AJs organ intro is to get your brain prepared to hearing their theme song. It'd be like taking the glass breaking out of Austin's theme, or cutting If Ya Smell from The Rock's.

Stingers are important, yes, but I'm talking about the song itself. Probably the worst example of what I'm talking about was Wade Barrett's theme. He had the "God save our queen" stinger, then 8 heartbeats, then 8 unaccompanied guitar riff beats, then the song finally kicked in when he was like halfway down the ramp.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I still haven't seen this Oney Lorcan dude. What's his dealio?

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
Whats up with that dudes back?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

MacDougall posted:

fourth gunn 'preash

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

MacDougall posted:

Wiry goblin man with devil eyes. Makes evil sounds when he wrestles and has fairly simple offense that he makes look explosively brutal.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MacDougall posted:

He was Biff Busic on the indies, now he's a Harry Potter thing I think.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I never saw him work on the indies but Oney owns. He was my favorite part of the No Way Jose/Lorcan/Dawkins vs Authors of Pain/Riddick Moss 6-man main event I saw at the last house show I went to.

And then Jose got Oney to dance, which was worth the :10bux: price of admission alone .

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

His charging european uppercut is very cool.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm hoping sometime they get that match between Oney and Ciampa at NXT Lowell on tape someday, since it was the same show where Joe got the NXT belt from Finn.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

MacDougall posted:

He's not allowed to get wet, exposed to bright light, or be fed after midnight.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Biff's match with Ciampa in PWG was what made me into a fan of both guys, they work really well together.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/790250161515532293

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/790931959472087040

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Tells you something when the only other picture in that article is of Tommy End. They obviously have big plans for him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That pic is a link to a gallery of the trainees, so I don't know if it's indicative of anything, but we'll see if he debuts as Tommy End or if he's renamed something like Butch McGuirk.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Tommy and Damo are most likely in Sanity.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sanity gimmick sucks

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I like it. It's like a grungy European Shield. I don't know why I think they are European but I do.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

rovert posted:

Tommy and Damo are most likely in Sanity.

As in they are being added to Sanity or as in they are replacing Wolfe and Fulton? Cause if they came in and kicked those losers out I'd instantly be on board with that stable.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Stale Saltines posted:

As in they are being added to Sanity or as in they are replacing Wolfe and Fulton? Cause if they came in and kicked those losers out I'd instantly be on board with that stable.

Tommy End coming in and kicking them to death would own. Tommy End owns

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Stale Saltines posted:

Fulton and Wolfe have been earmarked for Sanity Wolfepack while the rest are Sanity Hollywood.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Stale Saltines posted:

Added to the group. It will be like the WCW Flock I guess. Wolfe and Ed have similar roots & Damo and Nikki are a long time couple. Makes sense.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I am excited for Big Damo to become an enormous rioter man

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nikki and Damo being a couple sounds funny, visually because he's a loving mastodon and she's so tiny. Sanity would be the biggest stable in a long time with 5 people in it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

Nikki and Damo being a couple sounds funny, visually because he's a loving mastodon and she's so tiny. Sanity would be the biggest stable in a long time with 5 people in it.

It is weird. It is open secret in Wrestling but they don't overtly publicise it at all. Good on them for keeping something for themselves I guess. They are a really nice couple been together for years .

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Man, the last thing NXT needs is a massive loving stable. The talent pool already feels kind of thin without grouping a bunch of people together.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Baby Babbeh posted:

Man, the last thing NXT needs is a massive loving stable. The talent pool already feels kind of thin without grouping a bunch of people together.

Not to mention that we will probably only see one guy in the ring for a few minutes every week. It's going to be so slow moving.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Sanity is unironically the best thing about NXT right now and will continue to be until Team Thicc becomes a regular feature.

Look at the weekly livepost numbers and tell me I'm wrong

projecthalaxy posted:

I like it. It's like a grungy European Shield. I don't know why I think they are European but I do.
It makes sense. Black bloc meatheads' most visible public appearances in recent years have been during Greek austerity protests.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 25, 2016

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I don't hate Sanity but Tommy End's aesthetic is so far beyond pretty much everyone in wrestling that it will be a shame to see him out with the Mad Max cosplayers.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Tommy End will be their next CM Punk, probably.

Also, the members of Sanity need to have occupations as to what they do within the group or at least skits where they're in some apocalyptic hell-hole and they're raising hel.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

projecthalaxy posted:

Wolfe is German and Nikki is Scottish, so you're half right.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Super No Vacancy posted:

sanity gimmick sucks

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I wrote off Roddy being included as a recruit as NXT making up the numbers but there's good story behind it. To be clear Roddy didn't do thing wrong. He's making up for the actions of other person & rolling up his sleeves.

rovert fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 26, 2016

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Because Cross has a giant Scottish flag on her jacket, and being German was the one thing announcers would mention about Wolfe in his pre-Sanity gimmick. So it's not really surprising that you would think that.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Sanity because NXT has been treading water for months now, and perhaps this will make the format feel fresh again. At least they are a natural foils for The Authors of Pain (strength vs. numbers).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Yet another story we'll never hear about.

• Locked thread