Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Chucat posted:

The fact he's not in the semi-invincible ball form during the Sonic 2 part of the "I'm getting hit while going fast!" montage is driving me insane.

Also him going loving insane over getting hit and not dying is loving weird as well.

Yeah they are clearly missing the "press down sometimes" strategy. Most of the poo poo they say is still true though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Sonic and Mario were good games for their era. Pretty straightforward platformers

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Chucat posted:

The fact he's not in the semi-invincible ball form during the Sonic 2 part of the "I'm getting hit while going fast!" montage is driving me insane.

Also him going loving insane over getting hit and not dying is loving weird as well.

As the unofficial guardian of previously recorded lore let me just say that millions of angry nerds have made the knowledge of the semi-invincible ball form apparent to Jack and Rich and their response was "it turns out we're hacks".

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Andro Dunos posted:

This is literally just Leon/The Professional with mutants.
Nah it's a Children of Men rip-off. Picard is the estranged exwife.

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

ricH EVAN S

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntu-JYijTl8

here you go

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
So the alien doesn't have eye sight? Srs question

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kharnifex posted:

I found the autism

I found the 4chan.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

I found the 4chan.

I found the Pepe

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

temple posted:

So the alien doesn't have eye sight? Srs question

Okay because somehow this didn't summon Xenomorph into the thread I'll try to answer as best I can like a responsible thread mother.

In the very first aliens you can almost-sorta see some empty skull-sockets under the aliens head (or at least I read this on wikipedia) so to me that implies that there was thought toward the aliens being able to see even in the first movie.

Fast-forward to the pretty-good movie Alien 3 and its very clear that the alien can 100% see because we get a shot from its perspective and it has this weird fisheye thing going on. Though this alien is from either a dog or a space-ox depending on which version of the movie you saw and so maybe in the game Alien Isolation (which is of course the artwork in which the alien from your question was featured and thus your question pertains to) there were no dogs or oxen around in which case we don't really have definitive proof that the alien encountered by Jack and Rich had eyesight.

Naturally TriGGLetyPlay considered all of this when he wrote his insightful comment.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

reignofevil posted:

Okay because somehow this didn't summon Xenomorph into the thread I'll try to answer as best I can like a responsible thread mother.

In the very first aliens you can almost-sorta see some empty skull-sockets under the aliens head (or at least I read this on wikipedia) so to me that implies that there was thought toward the aliens being able to see even in the first movie.

Fast-forward to the pretty-good movie Alien 3 and its very clear that the alien can 100% see because we get a shot from its perspective and it has this weird fisheye thing going on. Though this alien is from either a dog or a space-ox depending on which version of the movie you saw and so maybe in the game Alien Isolation (which is of course the artwork in which the alien from your question was featured and thus your question pertains to) there were no dogs or oxen around in which case we don't really have definitive proof that the alien encountered by Jack and Rich had eyesight.

Naturally TriGGLetyPlay considered all of this when he wrote his insightful comment.
Thank you

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

Chucat posted:

so much of it is them going at a reasonable speed and just loving up a jump or something like that poo poo happens in mario too

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I base all of my video game judgements on two thousand and six common era and in that year if you played the latest mario game you did alright and if you played sonic you still bear the scars.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
I don't respect anyone who has dared to play games after Sonic 3 & Knuckles/Duke Nukem 3D.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

The original Alien is genius creature design. The only thing that ruined it was the later movies that tried to explain it.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

temple posted:

The original Alien is genius creature design. The only thing that ruined it was the later movies that tried to explain it.

its based off the inside out human vagina

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Orkin Mang posted:

Would have never guessed.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Orkin Mang posted:

I was referring to how the alien is skeleton cleverly hiding in a space suit, made of mix of biological and mechanical aspects. It combines the horror of the I forget the term but like abhuman aspects of the corpse transfigured by technology.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
If you look at Giger's work you can see a lot of designs that look almost exactly the same as the alien monster. It's like he just gave them something he liked to draw a lot.

And also it's obviously a dick and not a vagina, look at the head.

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwd13fdczmU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Masterpiece.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

reignofevil posted:

You forget that Colonial Marines is Canon.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX5ypOJVS34

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I found the Pepe
Footage of Pepe in the wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzu15ZezipE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PmUrrAkYfg

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

ZombyDog posted:

You forget that Colonial Marines is Canon.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX5ypOJVS34

Why did someone put a gif on youtube this is insane.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Why do they keep bringing up the no tail thing? frogs don't have tails

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Please don't post white supremacist propaganda.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

hemale in pain posted:

Why do they keep bringing up the no tail thing? frogs don't have tails

Everything you know is a lie.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Everything you know is a lie.

Stupid loving frog doesn't know it's not a tadpole anymore

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

hemale in pain posted:

Plz don't identity shame

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I bet rich owns a tail buttplug.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

dreezy posted:

I bet rich Jay owns a tail Best of the Worst brand buttplug.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like and agree with a lot of RLM's various movie opinions but I think they're a bit weird about "racial pandering" or what ever when ever a non-white person is ever in any of the nerd poo poo they like.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

I like and agree with a lot of RLM's various movie opinions but I think they're a bit weird about "racial pandering" or what ever when ever a non-white person is ever in any of the nerd poo poo they like.

White males are almost universally racist hth.

PS I'm one of the good ones.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
They live in wisconsin so they've probably never seen a minority

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
:troll:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It's not like they just invented the idea of the movie industry pandering to China.

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

hemale in pain posted:

millenials. right?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

They live in wisconsin so they've probably never seen a minority

Actually they live in Milwaukee so they've seen plenty.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FedEx Mercury posted:

Actually they live in Milwaukee so they've seen plenty.

Milwaukee is three quarters white. It's a lot whiter than the rest of the America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Baronjutter posted:

They're not mad because there are non white people in the movies, they are mad because (often, now) the only reason there are Asians in the movie are because it will give them some % increased of Chinese sales. It's a calculated sales move, nothing to do with a desire for diversity or an artistic choice. They are independent film makers, they like freedom of creative choice.

• Locked thread