Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Cicadas! posted:

Gonna be honest, I really hate it when games lock off content behind multiplayer, and this game is no exception with village quests arbitrarily stopping at low rank. It's not so bad if it's a monster or quest that everybody's running like key quests or the more popular deviant monsters, but if it's some stupid niche monster that you just need that one elusive unrelated item for your weapon/armor it can quickly turn into an agonizing grind due to the guild hall's inflated health pools, and there's no other option than doing it the hard way. It just seems really stupid that hunts go from <5-10 minutes with a group (depending on experience) to 20+ minute slogs chasing the stupid HP balloon all over creation, with nothing to speak of in-between. It also doesn't help that getting random users to do anything constructive is like herding cats on fire, and if they so much as see a quest they don't like they blow out of there faster than a fart in a wind tunnel.

Which brings me to my main question, why are high/max level village quests only a feature in some games and not others? I've only been on this boat since 3U onward so I don't know much about the older games, but has there always been a precedent for this?

Traditionally, G-Rank is reserved for the G/U versions of the game. We got both Tri and 3U, but only got 4U. Generations is kind of a "best of" capstone to 4th gen, so it doesn't get a G-Rank. What I wonder is if we'll actually get the base MH5 at this rate. On one hand, it'd probably not go over the best outside of Japan of releasing a game and then immediately following it up with a more complete version of the game. On the other hand the series has been selling better and better internationally, which it probably why we got Generations at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

3u didn't have village g rank so it's the same.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

If you gear up off of the Village Advanced quests like Teostra and Shagaru EX it makes a lot of the online content feasibly soloable if that interests you. With the exception of lvl 8-10 drviants I think MHGen has the easiest end game to solo - adept style makes a lot of the huge, slow sons of bitches so much easier for a lot of weapons.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Monster Hunter 3 is, logically, at least the third Monster Hunter. And it's still possible to kill a boss monster and have it's corpse land outside the area so when you go to carve it you just go to the next area.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I am crossing my fingers for MH5, 5 platforms (pc, nintendo switch, the other consoles/handhelds)

I don't know if there's enough major platforms but my god if I could play Monster Hunter on PC, at 1080p 60 fps, with friends online using a controller. basically I want the next Monster Hunter on PC (yes I know MHO exists)

fuuuuuuuck

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

If mh5 is a Switch exclusive and Capcom is done with the 3DS, I will be very salty

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

The thing about 4U and I assume the same applies to 3U (although I couldn't stand playing without item sets as someone starting with 4U) is that even though yes, there's no village G rank, as far as I understand, monster hunter games with a G rank have both low and high rank village quests.

Like, in 4U village you have easy/hard/unlockable super hard mode with low/high/G rank respectively. Without a G rank though, Generations just has easy/unlockable hard mode, and there's barely a story or any other reason to do village poo poo like getting wystones in 4U so getting to the end of village just felt like a huge waste of time I should have used to do guild quests instead. When I finished village stuff I came out of it wondering why I bothered instead of just doing guild quests, since practically all the unlockables you can get by just ranking up in online stuff anyway.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Wrist Watch posted:

The thing about 4U and I assume the same applies to 3U (although I couldn't stand playing without item sets as someone starting with 4U) is that even though yes, there's no village G rank, as far as I understand, monster hunter games with a G rank have both low and high rank village quests.

Like, in 4U village you have easy/hard/unlockable super hard mode with low/high/G rank respectively. Without a G rank though, Generations just has easy/unlockable hard mode, and there's barely a story or any other reason to do village poo poo like getting wystones in 4U so getting to the end of village just felt like a huge waste of time I should have used to do guild quests instead. When I finished village stuff I came out of it wondering why I bothered instead of just doing guild quests, since practically all the unlockables you can get by just ranking up in online stuff anyway.

Aren't certain quests locked behind Village requests? Like the triple Hyper Gypceros that gives hella Hyper Monster Bones? Plus special armor sets and all. I agree that it's underwhelming, especially compared to 4U, but I think there was enough value that I don't regret doing them all.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Aren't certain quests locked behind Village requests? Like the triple Hyper Gypceros that gives hella Hyper Monster Bones? Plus special armor sets and all. I agree that it's underwhelming, especially compared to 4U, but I think there was enough value that I don't regret doing them all.

If there are, I haven't gotten that far yet. :(

After getting the ending I all but abandoned village quests/requests because there didn't seem to be anything worth doing instead of getting to high rank as fast as possible so I could upgrade my weapons again.

In 4U I happily did every village quest besides master's test, but trying to slog my way through all the gathering quests and small monster quests in Gen sapped my will to play the game. I tried switching it up and using my prowler to do all the non large monster quests, but I'm only most of the way through 4 star and checked my guild card recently. I've done a tiny amount of other quests with my prowler beforehand, but I currently have like 60 quests with him and still have a ways to go until village stuff is finally finished. I'm going back and completing all the requests I'd been ignoring, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the village hyper quests are going to be locked behind HR or guild quest requirements just like G rank in 4U was.

I really like this game but more than a few times I've felt like that's despite the game's best efforts to delay me getting to the fun stuff.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

In X/Gen there's an entire tier of armors (the Z sets, for hyper monsters) locked behind a ridiculous village quest chain that takes a good while so if you're a mixed set idiot like me then that's a pretty good reason to finish village. Aside from that though it's just specific materials only available from village quests and that weird hero's sword I think.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Wrist Watch posted:

I'm the opposite. I do most of my playing by myself. What I don't like, is all the Village requests that show up in the online Hub. I've got like a dozen of those stupid quests sitting there, taunting me with their sick unlocks like new armor sets and whatnot, and I can't manage to solo them. I've tried. I just can't do it. :(

The worst part about them, by far, is that they work like Urgent Quests- i.e. only the person who hosts the quest gets credit or doing it, so you can't even quickly knock them out as a group! It stinks and I hate it.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm the opposite. I do most of my playing by myself. What I don't like, is all the Village requests that show up in the online Hub. I've got like a dozen of those stupid quests sitting there, taunting me with their sick unlocks like new armor sets and whatnot, and I can't manage to solo them. I've tried. I just can't do it. :(

The worst part about them, by far, is that they work like Urgent Quests- i.e. only the person who hosts the quest gets credit or doing it, so you can't even quickly knock them out as a group! It stinks and I hate it.

The only reason I've gotten good at soloing hub quests is because in 4U when I hit G2 for whatever reason it started becoming near impossible to get people to join my rooms to rank up further. This was before I realized I could have just asked here and played with goons, but I'm talking 20-30 minute wait times to get a single other person to join. I ended up going "gently caress online" and just soloing everything up to gogmazios.

If there's a single feature I'd give anything for in Monster Hunter 5, it'd be to just let guild/hub quests not have the HP increase unless you're playing online, so you could make a room by yourself if you really wanted the challenge but you could still play offline solo and not have 35 minute hunts.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Also a major reason soloing end game guild stuff was tolerable in 4U was that I had a focus/sheath control/evasion set and hitting a monster with a greatsword so hard it knocks it the gently caress out literally never gets old

Ambi
Dec 30, 2011

Leave it to me
I never got the perfect charm I needed for that set, since I wanted to use Basarios as the base bc fashion, and bc I hated the look of the clownsuit for it.

Is there a trick to Urugaan that I'm missing? Soloing crystalbeard 1 and it's loving miserable, every Urugaan fight seems to run this way - only his middle section is soft enough to hit without bouncing, but he rolls and turns and gasses so much staying on him is an exercise in frustration. I have no idea if it's enraged, or how well a fight is going until it falls down dead.

Usually I find if a monster is particularly difficult to fight, there's a trick or tactic to fighting it, like flashbombs for rathalos or nibelsnarf tricks, does Urugaan have that?

Is the trick to use a ranged weapon, same as Urugaan's predecessor Gravios? I honestly would prefer him, boring but not unfun to fight. Except black Gravios. That's unfun to fight.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Goddamn I am terrible at underwater combat

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Ambi posted:

I never got the perfect charm I needed for that set, since I wanted to use Basarios as the base bc fashion, and bc I hated the look of the clownsuit for it.

Is there a trick to Urugaan that I'm missing? Soloing crystalbeard 1 and it's loving miserable, every Urugaan fight seems to run this way - only his middle section is soft enough to hit without bouncing, but he rolls and turns and gasses so much staying on him is an exercise in frustration. I have no idea if it's enraged, or how well a fight is going until it falls down dead.

Usually I find if a monster is particularly difficult to fight, there's a trick or tactic to fighting it, like flashbombs for rathalos or nibelsnarf tricks, does Urugaan have that?

Is the trick to use a ranged weapon, same as Urugaan's predecessor Gravios? I honestly would prefer him, boring but not unfun to fight. Except black Gravios. That's unfun to fight.

I haven't tried it on C. Beard but Lance makes Uragaan and Steel Uragaan a joke sooooo maybe that??

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
Does anyone do solo Hunting Horn? I've been thinking about giving it a shot, especially with that one art that lets you apply all song effects instantly.

It also seems like it'd be hilarious with aerial style. Right now I've been using Charge Blade up to the point where you start running into Kut-ku and Khezu again in village quests.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Fridurmus posted:

Does anyone do solo Hunting Horn? I've been thinking about giving it a shot, especially with that one art that lets you apply all song effects instantly.

It also seems like it'd be hilarious with aerial style. Right now I've been using Charge Blade up to the point where you start running into Kut-ku and Khezu again in village quests.

it's good I can confirm

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

lets hang out posted:

it's good I can confirm

Damage output on the horn is pretty drat high. I think people ignore it, thinking that it's just for support, but it can KO like a son of a bitch and has more range than the hammer.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Fridurmus posted:

That art's not as useful as you'd think. Takes a bit too long to play anyways and you're a sitting duck. Doesn't even do any knockback when you activate it either, which is half the fun of playing a song, knocking out a monster while buffing yourself.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
any special tricks for Khezu? i did beat it on my first go but it was waaay too close and i won't be able to bullshit through two at once the same way.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
It hates fire, primarily. Watch for the squat; when it's mad and charged with electricity it does a shock dome attack, but when it tries to spit lightning balls it takes forever to finish the animation and is vulnerable on the sides. Khezu isn't too bad as long as you're patient and can get to the sides.

Edit: Khezu is a big HP bag, relatively, when you first hunt it. Just don't let it frustrate you. I had a fire+/ attack up (s) Kit Ku gunner set on my first attempt and it took every fire 1 and 2 shot I could carry and then some to kill it.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 24, 2016

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Ok So I've played 3 Monster Hunter games.

In Portable 3rd the game starts out with a CG of you arriving in Yukumo after almost dying to a Zinogre. The Zinogre shows up again in an early quest to gently caress with you and further sets up the rivalry. The entire game is building up to the rematch and when you get it you have an awesome fight in the middle of night and then throw a big CG party for the ending.

In MH4U the game starts with you joining a caravan on a globe trotting quest tracking down the riddle of a mysterious pieces of material. It turns out to be a shard of a elder dragon that causes a plague when it molts. You have a big showdown on top of a mountain and throw a big CG party.

In MHgen you start out with a CG movie that depicts someone else's party and then you're dumped into a crappy cheese village. You can travel to other villages and help them out too but they unlock all at once and it doesn't really feel like a journey when you just tap around on the lower screen to travel. You help each village out with minor problems and then fight a new monster. The game ends after the fourth monster than didn't really seem any more serious than the other 3. Your reward is a goddamn Idolmaster routine starring a side character that made me like her less since the close ups revealed she was another goddamn elf.

I like being able to matrix dodge with my bowgun. I like the new monsters. (More Fanged Beasts please! Less "A NEW FLYING WYVERN THAT CAN CHALLENGE A RATHALOS?! IMPOSSIBLEI!") I like most of the new mechanics. But the actual game around them is quite weak.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

"The actual game" is a weird thing to call the excuse plot, but OK.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Also, now that I've unlocked Village 6 I'm gonna need 12 Tigrex fangs to upgrade my all my bowguns. You get 0-2 per Tigrex.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

7c Nickel posted:

Also, now that I've unlocked Village 6 I'm gonna need 12 Tigrex fangs to upgrade my all my bowguns. You get 0-2 per Tigrex.

At least you have a goal. I have no idea what gear I want to start working towards first.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Fridurmus posted:

Hunting horn owns, and you're right about aerial style basically being the best. Aerial's the only style worth playing hunting horn in imo, the only advantage guild has is the double note on the A button, and the adept attack letting you do three hits is a cruel joke because they're incredibly slow. We don't talk about striker HH.

Apart from what everyone else said, I've found the only HH art worth using is Sonic Smash even if it's pretty awkward compared to other weapons' arts. The other two sound really good on paper but if you're playing hunting horn correctly you should never actually be in a scenario where you'd need them. The double note system from hitting monsters with attacks means that all the art that guarantees double notes on every swing is kind of pointless because theoretically every hit you do should be hitting a monster anyway. Along that same track, double notes mirror the previous song and keeping up two or three songs becomes incredibly trivial because you're attacking constantly anyway, so the art that plays all your songs is kind of irrelevant. Sonic Smash is at least good for decent damage and letting element/status horns rack up a few quick hits.

E: I forgot the other reason aerial is the best style: you can hit any two notes you want out of a jump, so you can set up any song in seconds and completely ignore the long animations on X+A attacks since aerial hits all have the same animation

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

7c Nickel posted:

Ok So I've played 3 Monster Hunter games.

In Portable 3rd the game starts out with a CG of you arriving in Yukumo after almost dying to a Zinogre. The Zinogre shows up again in an early quest to gently caress with you and further sets up the rivalry. The entire game is building up to the rematch and when you get it you have an awesome fight in the middle of night and then throw a big CG party for the ending.

In MH4U the game starts with you joining a caravan on a globe trotting quest tracking down the riddle of a mysterious pieces of material. It turns out to be a shard of a elder dragon that causes a plague when it molts. You have a big showdown on top of a mountain and throw a big CG party.

In MHgen you start out with a CG movie that depicts someone else's party and then you're dumped into a crappy cheese village. You can travel to other villages and help them out too but they unlock all at once and it doesn't really feel like a journey when you just tap around on the lower screen to travel. You help each village out with minor problems and then fight a new monster. The game ends after the fourth monster than didn't really seem any more serious than the other 3. Your reward is a goddamn Idolmaster routine starring a side character that made me like her less since the close ups revealed she was another goddamn elf.

I like being able to matrix dodge with my bowgun. I like the new monsters. (More Fanged Beasts please! Less "A NEW FLYING WYVERN THAT CAN CHALLENGE A RATHALOS?! IMPOSSIBLEI!") I like most of the new mechanics. But the actual game around them is quite weak.

Wow, we finally discovered the elusive specimen who didn't like the end credits. Also, for somebody complaining about the lack of story, your calling that Wyverian an elf is pretty hilarious. Sorry about the big reveal from the very first game that there are multiple humanoid species.

edit:
On a note with less snark, there's apparently going to be a Monster Hunter Nintendo Direct on Thursday. Get hype~

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 24, 2016

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Million Ghosts posted:

any special tricks for Khezu? i did beat it on my first go but it was waaay too close and i won't be able to bullshit through two at once the same way.

Khezu is basically designed to teach you to not get greed and be mindful of your attack approach. If you aren't confident your attack angle can let you roll forward/sideways to avoid a Blanka zap, then stop attacking and re-position. Get around to it's back right leg (left leg will put you in position to get hit by a sudden tail spin). After you get a trip you may try hitting the left leg, but do so from the same orienation you used to attack the right and place yourself right under the khezu. This, in theory should let you roll out when it decides to go Blanka. Odds aren't good, though.

Longsword has an edge (heh) in this regard because you can just 2-3 hit combos, with your second or third hit being a backward fade slash. You have to completely pre-empt the zap. If you try to fade when you see the tell it is probably too late; you're either combo locked in another attack, or going to be just too slow for the fade to get you distance - it does not have i-frames. This is particularly effective because you're not evading an attack that repositions the monster, and your orientation never changes. Just rinse and repeat. First lesson still applies. Don't get greedy. This will be fairly slow damage, so don't try to time getting in after a zap as precise as possible. Just play it safe, methodical and slow. Even with a terrible weapon it will die with this method, you shouldn't even need more than a mega potion or two for just being dumb.

I have to emphasize the above method is slow, and it doesn't apply to other weapons. You can take a counter-intuitive approach to being greedy, and over emphasize the lesson of minding your approach. Instead of trying to attack from outside Khezu's defenses, take the extra time to literally walk right into them. Position yourself beneath, and/or roughly perpendicular to Khezu's head. The idea is that rather than attacking from roughly max range so your side rolls can evade the blank zap, you can simply forward roll from inside the circle and get out. You will technically lose some damage in the time it takes to position, but the head takes sufficiently more damage (generally around 2x or more, compared to most other hitzones) that you should actually end up ahead, even if you can only land simple 1-2 hits. Consider the lightning spit, and tail spins with your positioning.

All that said, you can disregard everything stated above in Generations. Adept dodges completely neuter Khezu. Just play fast and loose, and literally dodging into the the attacks as if you are TRYING to get hit by them. Grab some fire dual blades for extra comedy and Khezu will quickly go flaccid.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

So, apparently there's going to be a Monster Hunter Direct on October 27th in Japan. GaijinHunter suggested an X-G, but I guess 5 is equally likely at this point? Who knows. I'm excited either way.

Also I'm an idiot and used up my Heavy Armor Spheres on rando gear without realizing how rare they are, now I can't finish my Rath set, or any other future sets... What's the easiest way to get more? The internet seems to suggest either HR Narkarkos or Hyper Ludroth?

EDIT: Source on the MH Direct. It does specify no new Switch info, but there is I guess info from an investor briefing tied to a big March release so maybe an announcement now then a Switch/3DS dual release ala 3U later after more Switch info is revealed?

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 24, 2016

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

So, apparently there's going to be a Monster Hunter Direct on October 27th in Japan. GaijinHunter suggested an X-G, but I guess 5 is equally likely at this point? Who knows. I'm excited either way.

Also I'm an idiot and used up my Heavy Armor Spheres on rando gear without realizing how rare they are, now I can't finish my Rath set, or any other future sets... What's the easiest way to get more? The internet seems to suggest either HR Narkarkos or Hyper Ludroth?

EDIT: Source on the MH Direct. It does specify no new Switch info, but there is I guess info from an investor briefing tied to a big March release so maybe an announcement now then a Switch/3DS dual release ala 3U later after more Switch info is revealed?

I really hope that they don't try to do a 3DS/Switch dual release. I'd like a hypothetical Monster Hunter on the Switch to not look like an up-rezzed Wii game.

I'll be annoyed if they announce MHX-G after stating pretty decisively that they wouldn't be doing that, but not annoyed enough to not buy it on release day and play through all the content again :smithicide:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

deadly_pudding posted:

I really hope that they don't try to do a 3DS/Switch dual release. I'd like a hypothetical Monster Hunter on the Switch to not look like an up-rezzed Wii game.

I'll be annoyed if they announce MHX-G after stating pretty decisively that they wouldn't be doing that, but not annoyed enough to not buy it on release day and play through all the content again :smithicide:

Same, I'm hopeful for just a pure switch release. Maybe "no new switch info" just means they're going to talk about the game without getting into the console's specs or anything.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Any Hyper Monster has a chance of dropping Hard Armor Spheres. Hyper Royal Ludroth is the easiest one of those to do solo. I suck and I can clown him pretty easily.

I would be extremely down with MonHun 5 on the Switch. As long as they still let you be the cat. And keep Bugsticks. And the Styles. I like my Aerial Style too much to let it go.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
MH Nintendo Direct on Thursday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWLBXRMaujo

.... with no Switch announcement.

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013
I'm sure everyone already knows this but the SnS back hop counts as an adept dodge.

This pleases me.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Mr Confetti posted:

I'm sure everyone already knows this but the SnS back hop counts as an adept dodge.

This pleases me.

Holy poo poo, what. I was loving striker sns, but this might make me want to switch to adept instead.

Currently I run GS guild, sns striker, lance striker, aerial and adept hammer and adept hunting horn. I've yet to flesh out what I really like for the other weapons yet though.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

deadly_pudding posted:

Wow, we finally discovered the elusive specimen who didn't like the end credits. Also, for somebody complaining about the lack of story, your calling that Wyverian an elf is pretty hilarious. Sorry about the big reveal from the very first game that there are multiple humanoid species.

Let's go over the differences between a Wyverian and an elf.

Well they're an extremely long lived... wait no.

Well they're master craftsmen who spend lifetimes... wait no.

They have pointed ears and... wait no.

They're considered more wise and magically gifted than... wait no.

They have weird dragon feet... YES WEIRD DRAGON FEET! Sometimes. Other times they wear normal shoes. Also they grow larger with age! Sometimes. Other times they shrink or stay the same size.

Next you'll tell me Troverians aren't just dwarves.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Now that you mention it, I'm seeing a lot of similarities between Felynes and cats.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Sprite141 posted:

Holy poo poo, what. I was loving striker sns, but this might make me want to switch to adept instead.

Currently I run GS guild, sns striker, lance striker, aerial and adept hammer and adept hunting horn. I've yet to flesh out what I really like for the other weapons yet though.

I run Aerial Dual Blades... and the cat.

I did the vast majority of the single player and a good chunk of the online as a cat. The Bugstick was my mainstay in 4U so I could probably whip that out still, but I haven't done it much in Generations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

7c Nickel posted:

Let's go over the differences between a Wyverian and an elf.

Well they're an extremely long lived... wait no.

Well they're master craftsmen who spend lifetimes... wait no.

They have pointed ears and... wait no.

They're considered more wise and magically gifted than... wait no.

They have weird dragon feet... YES WEIRD DRAGON FEET! Sometimes. Other times they wear normal shoes. Also they grow larger with age! Sometimes. Other times they shrink or stay the same size.

Next you'll tell me Troverians aren't just dwarves.

They're known to have a much wider range of physical sizes than humans, as well. The ruler of Dundorma is like the size of a Lagombi.

I'm just saying, for somebody concerned about the perceived absence of what is a total throwaway framework story every time, you don't really actually care about the lore.

• Locked thread