Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

Beverley having his left knee scoped, expected to be out for 3 weeks. Hopefully not the beginning of something worse.

The Rockets signed former Pelicans players. They brought this contagion onto themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Niwrad posted:

NFL is in a different league than everyone else

:argh:

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Was this interview already posted here?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/kings/2016/10/09/vivek-ranadive-kings-golden-1-center-nba/91837248/

Vivek basically blaming everyone else in the organization for the fact that the Kings are still poo poo.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Jack's Flow posted:

Was this interview already posted here?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/kings/2016/10/09/vivek-ranadive-kings-golden-1-center-nba/91837248/

Vivek basically blaming everyone else in the organization for the fact that the Kings are still poo poo.

Lol

quote:

So what happened (in the 2014 draft in which ESPN cameras were allowed into the draft room), and again – these guys didn’t want me to talk about this. I’d had another player who had tried out for us that I had liked, and that I had thought was great. And by the way, I’ll tell you, it was (Orlando Magic point guard) Elfrid Payton. But everybody else wanted another player – (Nik) Stauskas (now of the Philadelphia 76ers). And so they told me to say (Stauskas), and obviously I’m not going to say that I wanted Payton but they picked Stauskas. I made a big deal of all-for-one and one-for-all, so ‘Whatever you guys decide, I’m going to say yeah to Stauskas.’ That got put on camera, but what was I going to say, that ‘Hey, I don’t agree with their choice?’

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
That was from 11 days ago. You should read some of the reactions from the people in the article. They refuted a lot of it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I intentionally didn't talk about that article because I didn't want to destroy the NIK ROCKS tale

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Whenever I see articles about the lack of Bucks depth in the backcourt I get pissed. Drafted and traded Powell and Mccaw for nothing. gently caress. Hammonds is great at drafting but don't let the man trade. At least Kidd lost front office power after facilitating some of the latest garbage moves.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Thanks for Powell, that trade was good at the time for Toronto and even better in retrospect.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Demarcus Cousins is so good, it's easy to forget, because the Kings are a mess, but he's so good

chunkles posted:

I remember Nash from Declan's description of him ("plays like a total loving dickhead").

It also sounds like the Rockets are hoping Gordon can be backup points guard. oy vey

Hahaha that's so good

76ers reserve center Nerlens Noel is scheduled to have surgery Monday at the Hospital of Special Surgery in New York to address an inflamed plica above his left knee, according to sources. Dr. Riley Williams will scope the area during a 10-minute procedure. Noel, who’s been sidelined since Oct. 6, is expected to be sidelined an additional three to five weeks. However, he will get a more accurate timeline following the surgery.

Trade value... dropping... dropping...

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 23, 2016

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I think the Grizzlies are going to cut Jordan Adams. What a waste of a pick. He showed promise when he played, but just couldn't stay healthy. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go watch Rodney Hood highlights and mourn what could have been.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

NickRoweFillea posted:

I think the Grizzlies are going to cut Jordan Adams. What a waste of a pick. He showed promise when he played, but just couldn't stay healthy. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go watch Rodney Hood highlights and mourn what could have been.

Or as I like to call him, Rodney Good

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
What if Aaron Gordon SF is a smokescreen and they're just going to play him as a PF with Ibaka as center. Then when he sits, Ibaka plays pf with Vucevic or Biyombo at center.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

EvanTH posted:

Nah, new dude same name. It's a super common name, like John Smith for the Senegalese (Mamadou = Muhammad).

This is enlightening but still disappointing.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/790243053898461185
I like to imagine Casey yelling HEAL at his fat boys foot

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Dejan Bimble posted:

76ers reserve center Nerlens Noel is scheduled to have surgery Monday at the Hospital of Special Surgery in New York

I like to imagine this is a hospital that makes 50% of its revenues off of New York Knickerbocker player surgeries

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

chunkles posted:

I like to imagine this is a hospital that makes 50% of its revenues off of New York Knickerbocker player surgeries

Next season of the Knick the series fast forwards to modern times and develops advanced methods for micro fracture surgeries.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's logical to me that the fatter you are the longer it would take for a metacarpal to heal properly

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

chunkles posted:

Since the financial crash, the New York economy has diversified away from finance and now includes a rapidly growing medical sector based on treating Knicks' creaking bones and giving Mets pitchers Tommy John.

e:

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's logical to me that the fatter you are the longer it would take for a metacarpal to heal properly

anecdotal real talk i've unfortunately gained like 10-15 pounds in the past six months or so and standing for long periods of time is definitely more painful

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Shear Modulus posted:

Since the financial crash, the New York economy has diversified away from finance and now includes a rapidly growing medical sector based on treating Knicks' creaking bones and giving Mets pitchers Tommy John.

e:

anecdotal real talk i've unfortunately gained like 10-15 pounds in the past six months or so and standing for long periods of time is definitely more painful
Try standing barefeet and getting positive external rotation from the hips with your glutes squeezed and toes pointing forward

Because of circumstances both in and out of my control I couldn't work out normally over the last 6 months and exchanged about 25 lbs of muscle for 35 of fat and coupling that with incredibly tight muscles and lovely range of motion my feet do not appreciate it at all. But I'm working on it. I want to lose most of that fat by the all star break and get the rest of the muscle back by the start of the next season, I can't really afford steroids right now

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 23, 2016

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Dejan Bimble posted:

What if Aaron Gordon SF is a smokescreen and they're just going to play him as a PF with Ibaka as center. Then when he sits, Ibaka plays pf with Vucevic or Biyombo at center.

I'd say they desperately need to trade Vucevic, but I guess they need at least one guy on the team who can put the ball in the basket other than Fournier.

The Magic's whole roster construction to me just doesn't make much sense.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/McGrawDHBulls/status/790270709662556160

Tres alphas

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

for it's one

two

(they don't know how to get to three)

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

tanglewood1420 posted:

I'd say they desperately need to trade Vucevic, but I guess they need at least one guy on the team who can put the ball in the basket other than Fournier.

The Magic's whole roster construction to me just doesn't make much sense.

They're versatile but in a way that probably won't lead to wins, just messy but interesting basketball

I've believe in Fournier forever. DJ Augustin is legitimately a top 15 offensive pg if you let him start but he's a huge negative on defense no matter what

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

attackmole posted:

Thanks for Powell, that trade was good at the time for Toronto and even better in retrospect.

Yeah between that awful trade and Vaughn over Portis it ended the Kidd calling the front office shots era.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Woops.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm ready for the season to start

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

I'm ready for the season to start

i'll pass

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ok rondo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Because Butler sure as hell won't.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I feel sort of sorry for Chicago fans.

I don't think the team will actually be as bad as most of you guys do but getting rid of Rose should be a cause for celebration.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Cubs are really good this year. Fifth highest run differential (runs scored - runs allowed) in franchise history:

code:
DIFF	Year	Tm
367	1876	Chicago White Stockings
364	1885	Chicago White Stockings
345	1886	Chicago White Stockings
323	1906	Chicago Cubs
252	2016	Chicago Cubs

If the Cubs lose the series they'll take some of the blame.

Bernie Mac still gets some of the blame: https://youtu.be/94X0xmi5CDo?t=8m46s

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Yay, some official word from the Holiday camp:

https://twitter.com/GlushonSM/status/790311852395728896

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Cool Buff Man posted:

Aaaaaand, he's had surgery and is out indefinitely.

Guess it's time for the Pascal Siakam show.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the most disappointing part of the NBA season is seeing that 30 myopic, third-rate basketball organizations declined to sign superstar forward John Shurna.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

According to my yahoo sports app, in the opening doubleheader GS is an 8.5 point favorite over San Antonio and Cleveland 9.5 over New York.

Even though the Spurs are gonna get their rear end kicked without Danny Green, to have the spread be that close to the one between the Cavs and the garbage fire Knicks is harsh.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
probably lots of dumb money betting on New York

e: I can confirm that being a fatty leads to a lot of chronic low grade injuries

chunkles fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 24, 2016

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Zogo posted:

Cubs are really good this year. Fifth highest run differential (runs scored - runs allowed) in franchise history:

code:
DIFF	Year	Tm
367	1876	Chicago White Stockings
364	1885	Chicago White Stockings
345	1886	Chicago White Stockings
323	1906	Chicago Cubs
252	2016	Chicago Cubs

Any of you Chicago boys gonna say a thing?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mr. Mambold posted:

Any of you Chicago boys gonna say a thing?

They were founded as the White Stockings. Baseball is full of names being reused by other franchises.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Embiid going nuts with karaoke.

https://twitter.com/AlyshaTsuji/status/790218666621100032

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

lmao I'm on one is a d-tier karaoke track