Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I don't know the total (because I retreated before the end, since I already did 1 run), but I did a good 2% with Wedge lead, biggs, rex, sun fac and lando. I'm not as sure I wanted Lando there though, thinking of replacing him with either another cleanse or a healer. Wedge lead was close to enough healing, but ended up a little short after a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

I tried multiple variations of full Jedi teams including Anakin, Aayla (thought the 40% tenacity would let me resist the debuffs...yeah nope), IGD and Barriss leads. In the end I stuck with Barriss, reached the enrage and did little over 200k damage.

I thought Jedi would rule this first phase :( My Jedi have rather ghetto mods though, maybe someone else will have more luck with them.

I ended up using Barris lead on my 200k+ run as well. Jaws's managed to stun lock their way to 180kish but still need to be geared out. Assist team with phasma/Biggs/fives/geo trooper/rey got shut out by constant taunts doing a mere 60k(note rey did not crit a single time. Also from the Jedi's turn I found out grivious ignored Yoda's foresight.

I think jaws's will have it good if you drop one and sub in b2 but mine is not high enough to test it yet. Not sure who to drop yet but a week to getting b2 to 6 stars so i have some time to figure it out. Also droids do pretty drat well themselves, with hk having omega leader of course. Not sure but I think the buff blocking debuff made it so the magnaguard never taunted or I just had exceptional luck.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
According to reddit, phase 1 of the new raid has a bajillion health like 10x more than Rancor so you need 50 people doing over 1 million damage each to clear it???? wtf

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Jerkface posted:

According to reddit, phase 1 of the new raid has a bajillion health like 10x more than Rancor so you need 50 people doing over 1 million damage each to clear it???? wtf

I bet the developers put a decimal point in the wrong place.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

iGestalt posted:

I bet the developers put a decimal point in the wrong place.

And yet it was cleared the first day.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
The T7 was cleared in one day, I wonder if T6 has some issues. Grevious also seems to be acting much faster than I can account for.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I find it very hard to believe that a company like Capital Games would release a major content update with such a glaring error. I mean really, come on guys, their community rep said they delayed this new raid so it would be extra perfect.

lol

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Hughlander posted:

And yet it was cleared the first day.

Yes but by people who are clearly insane.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I did 160k to T7, which was ~4%, so that's 4 million health. I think the issue is clearly with T6.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Well Rancor heroic also has a lot less health than rancor 6*, perhaps it is working as intended?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

Well Rancor heroic also has a lot less health than rancor 6*, perhaps it is working as intended?

My money is on this. I mean really modpokalypse and the massive power creep has shown us they clearly do not understand *numbers* so I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is what they wanted.

:shepface: star ships will be good right, right guys....kill me

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I can't work out how to take a picture of it but whenever I open a Friendship Coin pack in the store, there is a Jawa just chilling next to the item reveal.

What is this mysterious Jawa doing. How did he get there. Will he be my friend?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

iGestalt posted:

I can't work out how to take a picture of it but whenever I open a Friendship Coin pack in the store, there is a Jawa just chilling next to the item reveal.

What is this mysterious Jawa doing. How did he get there. Will he be my friend?

I don't know but that is the best bug.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Ok, for P2, what seems to be working best is Wedge (L), Biggs, AA, Lando, Han Solo (Raid -- or your next best rebel). Basically, use Lando's AOE, then use AA's tac ability, double Lando AOE, Wedge AOE (somewhere in there) to topple the tank. Then just let loose with whatever damage you can get off. Some people are getting 3-4 topples this way (highest damage I've seen is 1 mil -- Heroic raid).

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Malgrin posted:

Ok, for P2, what seems to be working best is Wedge (L), Biggs, AA, Lando, Han Solo (Raid -- or your next best rebel). Basically, use Lando's AOE, then use AA's tac ability, double Lando AOE, Wedge AOE (somewhere in there) to topple the tank. Then just let loose with whatever damage you can get off. Some people are getting 3-4 topples this way (highest damage I've seen is 1 mil -- Heroic raid).

Definitely will try this in 2017 when we get to P2 :negative:

Also wondering how quickly a Droid team can get a topple without adding an extra AOE, with Rancor they can dish out several hundred thousand K of damage with the door down via TM gain with HK, but seeing as you need to knock out several parts before you can topple it might not be as feasible.

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 23, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Ok, for P2, what seems to be working best is Wedge (L), Biggs, AA, Lando, ...

I'm noticing a trend here.

Wiggs + Lando is the answer to everything

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Apparently this is how you do P3:

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I tried the 88 + Vader trick on phase 2 with my B team. That looks so rad on phase 3.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Here ya go, secret TI strategy. Don't share outside of here or there will probably be a manhunt. They're pretty spergy about this kinda thing:

quote:

Bravo’s AAT Plan:

Phase 1:

This phase is all about dealing with the debuffs and dot's. Also, with add's that respawn quickly, and a fairly short enrage timer, we have yet to crack the code on this one and come up with a team that does 10%+ damage. Given all that, our goal is to do 2 - 5% each WITHOUT USING GOOD CHARACTERS.

The most commonly used team so far that performs really well is Aayla led, tenacity modded Jedi. Anakin, IGD, QGJ, Ahsoka, Mace, EK, Barriss, OB are all possible additions to the team. Anakin and IGD are both pretty essential to a high damage run.

Other options people have used on this phase are Yoda lead, or IGD lead for a jedi team. I have not heard of any other highly successful teams.

Phase 2:

This is the easiest phase to do high damage on, largely because everyone and their mother already has a well geared / modded rebel team. Strategy here is 'never let the main cannon shoot' and topple the tank as often as possible.

The most commonly used teams here are Rebels and Droids. For Rebels you have a host of options, but they all start with Wedge, Biggs, Lando. I have seen a ton of others filling those last two slots. You can expect 500-700k damage here once you know the fight, and if you have a really good run up to around 1m. (I did 900k in Bravo's first run)

The second option here is a droid team. HK, 88, 86, JE, Poggle. Mara uses this and has hit around 600k. This is a GREAT option if you don't have awesome teams for P3 and P4, because rebels always bring the pain.

Phase 3:

This is where difficulty jumps up a notch. A big rear end notch. OB lead, Ugnaught + others is the most common team here. Ideally a tank and 2 DPS chars. Rey and Leia work well because of stealth and Foresight. My team currently sucks here. I won't pretend to be an expert.

This phase won't be the most important to topping the leaderboard, but it is probably the most important to our guilds consistently and easily beating the raid. Ideally everyone has one team that does 2% and moves on. But people having backups here is important.

Phase 4:

This is a repeat of phase 2 with two new additions: 2 B2 droids and an airstrike that does nasty damage after every topple. The end of a topple phase is also what makes the B2's regenerate. The goal here is to take out the main tank - it can not shoot if you want to do well - and to kill the B2's so they stop bugging you. Then DO NOT topple until you are nearly dead. Get in as much damage as you can on the boss in. If you can time a topple in before you die you will get some nice extra damage in, but will likely wipe the airstrike or the tanks follow up attacks.

Jawas and Rebels are the two best teams I have seen here.

Team Strategy:

- Ideally we want to beat phases 1 and 2 with every person using ONLY ONE TEAM EACH. If we wanted to, we could easily do less than one team each here, but we aren't so strapped for damage that we need to ration our hits. (Note I wrote that last line for Bravo, if another one of our guilds is not clearing easily, the best way to increase odds of success here are to use fewer teams on p1 and p2. Those that hold their rebels and droids back in p2 won’t win the leaderboard for raid damage, but they will make beating the raid much much easier.)
- Ideally Phase 3 no one uses more than 2 teams. This is the phase where we currently are using the crutch of our big rosters.
- If we do Phase 1-3 according to the above, P4 is an easy zerg for us.

e: This raid is really optimized for people with 20+ raid capable heroes. You guys might be on Normal for awhile (I'm in the bottom TI guild, and we might drop to Normal).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Oct 23, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
GW is getting scary again. I just had a 7* Shoretrooper, Sun Fac, JKA, Rex, and Fives for node 11. He was also level 82 (of course), but thankfully my node 12 was still bugged. Others haven't been as lucky.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Dr. Venture posted:

GW is getting scary again. I just had a 7* Shoretrooper, Sun Fac, JKA, Rex, and Fives for node 11. He was also level 82 (of course), but thankfully my node 12 was still bugged. Others haven't been as lucky.

I had one good gw in the last three weeks. Every node past 6 has some absurd bullshit going on. Today's was a g10 all 5pip protection/defense/speed Yoda who went 3 times on average for each of my turns. The only redeeming part is that usually they have 1-2 massively modded and geared toon surrounded by a bunch of lower level tanks and healers to protect the gimmick toon.

Also is this raid buggy as gently caress? Foresight gets ignored, the magna guards gain full turn meter from empty seemingly at random(grivious is not doing it I was watching for that) crit chance stacked characters not being able to crit, hk and boba have never revived and the jaws engineers rez has worked about 50% of the time. It could just be bad luck on my part but there is something weird going on. Also tracking my damage on the jawas team it appears that thermal detonators only count towards damage but don't give you credit for the damage unless you manually detonate them with the scavenger or they just sometimes don't count not sure on this but my tally was 220kish damage(all on grivious) and I got credit for 90k with the engineer showing no damage it does this in the rancor fight as well but you get full credit for the damage even if it is not attached to a party member. I am going to reinstall later today and see if that fixes some of this because I haven't heard anyone else having this type of issue so it's probably on my side.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
If we keep rotating start times for the Rancor, we are going to cap out on rancor tickets. I kicked off another one, I'm thinking we should just tell people to do damage when the raid shows 36 hours left, and just keep kicking them off until we burn down our ticket supply. Thoughts?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

Also is this raid buggy as gently caress?

Wait a second...are you trying to tell me that CG released a buggy patch? I don't believe you.

two_step posted:

If we keep rotating start times for the Rancor, we are going to cap out on rancor tickets. I kicked off another one, I'm thinking we should just tell people to do damage when the raid shows 36 hours left, and just keep kicking them off until we burn down our ticket supply. Thoughts?

Yeah, definitely worth burning off some raid tickets to make sure you don't go over.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 23, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
This comment on reddit about the new raid...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

This comment on reddit about the new raid...

Have you made it through P1 yet?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Malgrin posted:

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Please tell me the later phases have way less hp. We are going to max out tickets for this in 2 days, and I don't see us clearing it before then at this rate

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

Please tell me the later phases have way less hp. We are going to max out tickets for this in 2 days, and I don't see us clearing it before then at this rate

Do you want me to tell you the truth, or do you want me to tell you that the later phases have way less hp?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Do you want me to tell you the truth, or do you want me to tell you that the later phases have way less hp?

Oh god, just saw on Reddit that P2 has 100 million health or some such nonsense. It looks like people are at least doing more damage, but I am terrified of what P3 looks like at this rate. I don't get it, why is CG so bad? Surely they had time to max out a team and run P1 and notice they were doing 2% or less damage and realize that wasn't going to be any fun for anyone.

So has anyone actually even seen what P3 of a non-heroic raid looks like? Your TI guild is doing heroic, did you guys finish it?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

Oh god, just saw on Reddit that P2 has 100 million health or some such nonsense. It looks like people are at least doing more damage, but I am terrified of what P3 looks like at this rate. I don't get it, why is CG so bad? Surely they had time to max out a team and run P1 and notice they were doing 2% or less damage and realize that wasn't going to be any fun for anyone.

So has anyone actually even seen what P3 of a non-heroic raid looks like? Your TI guild is doing heroic, did you guys finish it?

Looking at the leaderboards (you can hit the over button too look at AAT), 12 guilds have finished heroic, and another 5 guilds have finished normal (one finished normal twice).

My guild has not finished it, and I think we'll be starting a normal today. I will let you all know how that goes.

e: about GW above, I've not had any difficulties in weeks. That said, I am running Wiggs, Palp, Lando, RG, and they are all max gear level, so make of that what you will...I am also now running Wedge (l), Biggs, STH, Lando, Ani, and it is tearing through arena. Hit 3rd last night, my highest finish in a month.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 24, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Just want to encourage everyone to keep poking away at the raid, even if it doesn't feel like you're accomplishing much.

Also I think I figured out how Grievous is broken. After you hit him 10 times, he's supposed to fill his turn meter, reset his cooldowns, and gain that triangle buff. What happens is he does all that, but then his turn meter doesn't deplete when he does his next set of attacks (Usually the "summon droid replacements" one and the aoe damage one). So he will almost immediately act again, doing a couple regular attacks. If I'm missing something, please let me know.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Does this raid change my next Arena shipment toon? Is Eeth Koth head bitch now that droid raid is around? Other options are Tarkin or Nebit. Or Ugnaught.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

Just want to encourage everyone to keep poking away at the raid, even if it doesn't feel like you're accomplishing much.

Also I think I figured out how Grievous is broken. After you hit him 10 times, he's supposed to fill his turn meter, reset his cooldowns, and gain that triangle buff. What happens is he does all that, but then his turn meter doesn't deplete when he does his next set of attacks (Usually the "summon droid replacements" one and the aoe damage one). So he will almost immediately act again, doing a couple regular attacks. If I'm missing something, please let me know.

Sounds about right for what I have observed.

Sadly my source says the raid did get tested, with fully maxed and geared 85's because somehow that is realistic testing to them. So apparently it's "balanced" when you hit 85 with max gear.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

I am also now running Wedge (l), Biggs, STH, Lando, Ani, and it is tearing through arena.

You don't need the speed from Lando's lead? I can't handle how fast the top players on my shard are.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

You don't need the speed from Lando's lead? I can't handle how fast the top players on my shard are.

Biggs is really really fast. Also, if their biggs goes first and kills one of my toons, I can attack their Han with Ani, which will frequently win me the game (I can then snipe Wedge -- better than biggs because without Wedge alive, Biggs is bad).

The speed from Lando is nice, but the damage, healing, and TM from Wedge is huge, especially because Biggs calls two people. When I eventually level up raid Han, I'll probably replace Ani with him, and it'll be even crazier.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Should I be using my crystals to fill up energy as soon as I get them or should I hoard crystals for when I'm further into the game? I'm pretty new and have done only 50/30 Light/Dark missions

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Scent of Worf posted:

Should I be using my crystals to fill up energy as soon as I get them or should I hoard crystals for when I'm further into the game? I'm pretty new and have done only 50/30 Light/Dark missions

Use your crystals for energy. 100/100 for cantina, because you will never not have things to farm there (highly recommend Lando for now), and at least 50/50 for regular energy. A 100 or two is really good, you will need to farm a lot of hard nodes and a lot of gear from here.

Also use crystals to refresh an arena attempt while you are still climbing. That will get you more crystals, and once you make top 50 (totally doable if you follow the OP, which I just updated), you'll be able to afford 100/100 + 50/50 pretty much daily.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Is anyone on here Anrarth Erith or WiseSaladin? They both applied to QGJ and I want to verify before I decline them. Neither one is in the spreadsheet.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Malgrin posted:

Use your crystals for energy. 100/100 for cantina, because you will never not have things to farm there (highly recommend Lando for now), and at least 50/50 for regular energy. A 100 or two is really good, you will need to farm a lot of hard nodes and a lot of gear from here.

Also use crystals to refresh an arena attempt while you are still climbing. That will get you more crystals, and once you make top 50 (totally doable if you follow the OP, which I just updated), you'll be able to afford 100/100 + 50/50 pretty much daily.

Awesome thanks I'll follow the guide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Scent of Worf posted:

Your initial objective should be to get an arena team capable of reaching the top 200. At that point you'll be getting 100 crystals a day (75 from arena and 25 from the dailies), which is two regular energy refreshes per day at 50 each. This will help ramp your daily exp. As you do better at arena, you can start adding cantina refreshes.