Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Orange Red Bull posted:

I remember him from hosting Singled Out on MTV :corsair:

I also remember when he guest starred in Married With Children.

Lauren Cohan is very pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The double kill took some balls, even with telegraphing Glenn's death hard. Don't give a gently caress about Abe, but if they killed Darryl instead I'd give the writers massive props for being bold as gently caress. Too bad.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
I definitely predicted either Glenn or Abe dying, on the basis that:

1) Glenn died here in the comics

2) Abe was already dead in the comics by this point

So I thought it was a no brainer (haha) that it was one of them. I figured that they would kill Abraham as a cop-out to keep Glenn alive.

Did not see two deaths coming at all.

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

I walked right out of the machinery

The Berzerker posted:

I mean I just googled and found this... the TV show basically recreated the comic so they already exist.

I guess I should have specified, "based on the screenshots"?

Vortex Street fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 24, 2016

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I wanted to see Daryl die if only to see how Norman Reedus' career and greasy redneck sex appeal do when put in other roles.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
He'd make a great James Bond.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Balthesar posted:

I wanted to see Daryl die if only to see how Norman Reedus' career and greasy redneck sex appeal do when put in other roles.

The man still has a cult following for Boondock Saints, get the gently caress over yourself.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Imagine if Negan bashed in a pregnant Maggie skull.

And then Glenn hits him so he cuts off Glenn's hand.

And then they kill Abe next episode off camera in a car accident or something.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bobjr posted:

Reminder that Norman Reedus's son is named Mingus Lucien Reedus.

The thing that makes this super weird for me is that he was either filming Beat (in which he plays Lucien Carr) or was just about to when his son was born. And if he named his kid after Lucien Carr, well, why?

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

VendaGoat posted:

The man still has a cult following for Boondock Saints, get the gently caress over yourself.

HOLY poo poo

imo Reedus is a nice relief from everyone being britishand poo poo, wanna seem take on Hardwick in a drinking game for the host's chair.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I actually like the Chris Hardwick Nerdiest/technology fan of years past. He's definitely morphed into a multiple personality dude since Talking Dead, but at least he's honest about being a shill when it comes up on his shows.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

VendaGoat posted:

The literal worst movie ever made.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

BonoMan posted:

Like it or not, it doesn't change the fact that people love that movie and him in it.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Talking Dead just showed reaction shots from the people in the crowd when Glenn got bonked and it was pretty good.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

did he just say dick ticks

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Never forget Norman Reedus exploding via a bomb implanted in his body in Blade II

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

Like it or not, it doesn't change the fact that people love that movie and him in it.

I tried to watch that once because of Norman but couldnt get into it, I still think hes a cool dude and a good actor

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

The Berzerker posted:

I mean I just googled and found this... the TV show basically recreated the comic so they already exist.

Oh...that's unfortunate.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Orange Red Bull posted:

I tried to watch that once because of Norman but couldnt get into it, I still think hes a cool dude and a good actor

There needs to be a scene where Daryl and Rick try accents, Rick's is actual and Daryl's is a laffo Boondock Saints one

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Orange Red Bull posted:

I hate it, but holy gently caress do I think the writers, whom made it, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan are gently caress balls amazing. It's a special talent, as an actor, to make people despise you.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

BonoMan posted:

Nah, the sequel was 1000x worse.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
"Suck my nuts" was loving terrible.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I found a better eye-pop

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Nah, the sequel was 1000x worse.

It has a 9-11 inspirational musical montage in 2009.

Just in case this wasn't clear.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
The rain keeps getting worse and it's cracking me up. Hardwick is soaked.

LaptopGun
Sep 2, 2006

All I'm going to get out of him is a snappy one-liner and, if I'm real lucky, a brand new nickname.
I havent posted in a while but I need to react to that twist.

I overall "liked" the plot decision, but I suppose it should have been better. Rick's devestated and thats a great development for the show (I hope). I wonder if thats the shows way to set Maggie up for her vengance filled leadership from the comics. My offical guess was Negan bashed in Maggie and then had to kill Glen after Glen went nuts with grief. (Combination of first wondering what was would be the most shocking resolution plus later all those rumors Glen and Maggies' actors weren't seen on set). I think that would have been far darker and lived up to the producers' claims the plot was taking a dramatic turn from the comic. They did already have have Lori die giving birth so maybe it would have been lame to have another pregnancy as death sentence story. I will say I was happy with Maggies' immediate if not suicidal conviction that the group should hunt Negan down. If thats what the producers really decided to go with so be it. Maybe it's for the best they didn't kill off Maggie if we get a great plotline out of it.

I approve of the crazy Hell that Negan needed to put Rick through to castrate him. I sorta wish I hadn't remembered that interview where Robert Kirkman regretted cutting off Rick's hand. I was suspicious the show would really deliever on the threat to Carl after already having him lose his eye. He'd be turned into some unintentionally comic version of the Black Knight. No i dont think that would only be a flesh wound...

I will miss Abraham but I understand he didnt have a lot of ready made story oppertunities left. Guess we will see what effect his death has on Eugene especially.

Daryl wrecked with guilt and held as a virtual prisoner should make for some good tv. At least until someone plans a rescue.

Thank you to the several mentions of the photos of people previously bashed in by Lucille. I completely forgot about that. Good forshadowing.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Svanja posted:

The rain keeps getting worse and it's cracking me up. Hardwick is soaked.

haha this show is a trainwreck now the mics are loving up

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Reedus chucks his umbrella into the crowd, to applause. Aaron's actor's only question is about how totally sick Glenn's makeup was

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Orange Red Bull posted:

haha this show is a trainwreck now the mics are loving up

It also sounded like he got a little shock from the replacement mic!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It would be nice to see Carol and Morgan work off each other in a not terribly written way to get character progress.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Calling it: Negan trashes Tiger Kingdom before Rick kills him eventually, only our heroes escape, except for Aaron.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
lmao @ the heaven scene with bitchmade glenn having sitting at the head of the table, doubt it. your dead bitch

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Wow good job following the comic and killing off a character on borrowed time and the one who died in this episode. I am certainly impressed at how you killed the only asian character of the main cast.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Annointed posted:

Wow good job following the comic and killing off a character on borrowed time and the one who died in this episode. I am certainly impressed at how you killed the only asian character of the main cast.

I know, he should totally have had character armor to keep up proper representation of minorities. Pretty shitlordy of those white guys in charge. Probably Kirkman is a Trump supporter.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Negan comic book spoiler / upcoming season speculation: there's no way JDM is sticking around for the rest of the show, right? I hate the idea of Negan getting killed but unless they really commit to a time jump (end of this season?) I can't see them sticking with Negan still being alive past this season. Which sucks because his current story in the comics is loving great.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
The hallmark of good writers is making the padding seamless to stay within budget.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Orange Red Bull posted:

haha what the gently caress did he say they're at the hollywood cemetary?

Cinespia owns. Nothing quite like getting trashed and smoking blunts in a cemetery watching old movies. Breaking Bad did the finalie there, of course those tickets sold out in 8 seconds.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

that death was loving disgusting. I didn't watch all of Season 6 but after watching that I'm never watching another minute of this show. So nasty

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Pretty awesome that Negan's voice falls deaf on zombie ears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I just watched it. I would say that the Rick crew got their poo poo pushed in throughly and pretty deep. And it was awesome.