Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Orange Red Bull posted:

I found a better eye-pop

Pretty good make up. I'm sure this made someone cry and or throw up.

Is YouTube filled with reaction videos from webcams and dumb bars that do that kind of poo poo like for GoT, yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

blue squares posted:

that death was loving disgusting. I didn't watch all of Season 6 but after watching that I'm never watching another minute of this show. So nasty

Yeah, I'm fairly loving fine with gross dumb poo poo but it felt forced and gratuitous. It made me very uncomfortable in a way I'm not sure I ever felt, it came across as extremely unneeded.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Character deaths are one thing but mutilation is another thing entirely and makes me feel gross even when I know it's all make up and gore sfx.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
People bitching that a movie or show is too similar to the source material. The internet sure has changed.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

blue squares posted:

that death was loving disgusting. I didn't watch all of Season 6 but after watching that I'm never watching another minute of this show. So nasty

Isn't this like going to a haunted house and being upset that it made you scared?

It's a zombie show. Being grossed out and making us miserable is what we signed up for.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
They were going for a recreation of the comic. And they nailed it in that respect.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Hey that was pretty good! Colour me surprised. As soon as Daryl launched at Negan I knew Glen was going to get it as well.

blue squares posted:

Oh come on, it's the seventh year of this poo poo. You know what you're getting into at this point.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Well they couldn't spring surprise on us, giving the audience the entire off season to prepare doesn't leave a lot of room for that holy-poo poo moment other character deaths have had, so the gore makes sense.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
And Rosita still doesn't get any lines

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Cactus posted:

Oh come on, it's the seventh year of this poo poo. You know what you're getting into at this point.
Hey I mean, I'll even come forward. I don't know if it's because I now have an infant daughter or what, but I kinda 'previewed' it on behalf of my wife, you know, do we want to keep watching this, and I'm going to tell her I don't think we should. Don't know if I'm changed or what, but no thanks for me. If she wants to, we will, but I think we could call it a day here.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
lol at people getting upset about gore in The Walking Dead. The show has always prided itself on it's over-the-top special effect violence.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

lol at people getting upset about gore in The Walking Dead. The show has always prided itself on it's over-the-top special effect violence.
I've read every post in this thread - I don't see anyone upset. I do see people who are perfectly capable of deciding what they choose to watch.

Or I guess if you want it in Dismissive Internet Speak

lol at people who can't read

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
"M-M-M-MMMM-M-Maggie ... I'll fight you"

hosed up, glen, drat, it's not her fault

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

mkay0 posted:

People bitching that a movie or show is too similar to the source material. The internet sure has changed.
Yes. But I'm angry about the way they've gone about it.

A 1 1/2 hour season finale full of fluff to end season 6. Ohhh driving my RV around, woooo

And then a full hour dedicated to what should have been the ending of season 6.

You want to make your audience wait on a gigantic cliffhanger, you better loving deliver something. JDM's performance was a redeeming factor for sure, but I would still argue this whole thing was executed very poorly.

I would have ended season 6 with the Negan bashing skulls. And opened season 7 with the flashback clips and them moving forward with life.... meeting with the other settlements, etc. And at the end of the premiere Negan's boys roll up for their first payment. Which is likely an apt description of next week's episode... it's just a shame to see it drawn out so poorly.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

It wasn't the gore that got to me. It was the character desperately trying to speak while a montage of people sobbing went on around him. I don't fault anyone for liking the show, it just made me feel very uncomfortable and I had to stop the episode.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Hey I mean, I'll even come forward. I don't know if it's because I now have an infant daughter or what, but I kinda 'previewed' it on behalf of my wife, you know, do we want to keep watching this, and I'm going to tell her I don't think we should. Don't know if I'm changed or what, but no thanks for me. If she wants to, we will, but I think we could call it a day here.

That's fair enough. I was reacting to the fact that other post read like they were kind of surprised at how nasty it was. It is nasty and always has been, and if that's not your cup of tea anymore that's absolutely your prerogative :)

^^yeah I'm also not faulting anyone for deciding that's that. I've come close myself on one or two occasions, albeit for plot related reasons rather than the gore.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

blue squares posted:

it just made me feel very uncomfortable
This is the heart and soul of this entire series.

To be honest, I was far more choked up when Rick knifed Shane.

And I think a lot of us are addicted to this story, be it comic or TV, because of it's visceral display of emotion. And humanity.

But to each their own, and if you aren't enjoying or getting anything out of the experience otherwise, I can respect that.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

M-m-m-maggie... I'll find you?

That's the best you can come up with, Glenn? You had like two weeks under that loving dumpster, that seems like it should have been more than enough time to come up with something better than some Blue's Clues Carmen San Diego poo poo.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Lmbo at this trainwreck of a tv show. We're into dexter levels of bad now. I rode that crazy train all the way to the end of the tracks but I don't think I can be bothered with this anymore. Yikes.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Stickarts posted:

That's the best you can come up with, Glenn? You had like two weeks under that loving dumpster, that seems like it should have been more than enough time to come up with something better than some Blue's Clues Carmen San Diego poo poo.

Hey man, he was working through a massive headache.

Edit: ahshit

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 24, 2016

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

AndyElusive posted:

Hey man, he was working through a massive headache.
Oooh I'm sorry, the pun you were looking for was splitting headache. Splitting headache. Johnny, tell him what he's won for being on the show.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Oooh I'm sorry, the pun you were looking for was splitting headache. Splitting headache. Johnny, tell him what he's won for being on the show.

I am pretty sure that was a pounding headache, there seemed to be little splitting.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

first episode should have been called "smashing pumpkins". ends with an abrupt fade to black and comes back with neegan playing air guitar on lucille singing "the baaaaaaat is a vampire"

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

literally felt nothing with the Glen death. To me, his last moment was the dumpster dive.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

DOMDOM posted:

This is the heart and soul of this entire series.

To be honest, I was far more choked up when Rick knifed Shane.

Yeah, Shane getting repeatedly shanked at the end of season 2 and the fundamental and final change of Rick's character because of it and Lori bleeding out and being entirely consumed (offscreen) by a zombie were honestly more disturbing to me than this. We also had Herschel's :stonk: decapitation a few years back. This being the jumping off point for some folks is kind of surprising to me.

ozmunkeh posted:

Lmbo at this trainwreck of a tv show. We're into dexter levels of bad now. I rode that crazy train all the way to the end of the tracks but I don't think I can be bothered with this anymore. Yikes.

No, we still have to get to the point where Rick is self-narrating everything.

"When Negan put that bat through Glenn's skull, I knew things would never, ever, eveeeeeerrrrr be the same, again... *cue Wonder Years theme*"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Stickarts posted:

"I'll find you" is the thing that Glenn always said to her. That he'd find her no matter what if they got separated. I thought it was a very appropriately done last words.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Why is it Dexters level of bad? This did the opposite of what Dexter did. This gave people what they were excited about. Everyone wanted Dexter to get caught and that never happened.

If this episode had killed Aaron and that was it after all that anticipation, that would be Dexter level.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

X-O posted:

"I'll find you" is the thing that Glenn always said to her. That he'd find her no matter what if they got separated. I thought it was a very appropriately done last words.

You are a very observant person.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
drat YOU FOR MAKING ME DO THIS SHANE!

THIS WAS YOU, NOT ME

YOU DID THIS TO US!

:smith:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

X-O posted:

Also after Negan chooses Abraham before he gets brained he makes the peace sign towards Sasha. It was a nice, subtle thing the show often misses out on.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

blue squares posted:

It wasn't the gore that got to me. It was the character desperately trying to speak while a montage of people sobbing went on around him. I don't fault anyone for liking the show, it just made me feel very uncomfortable and I had to stop the episode.

Ah, yes that's what it was for me too, thinking back. Gore is whatever, its the wallowing in and dragging out that moment with his trying to speak and what not.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

VendaGoat posted:

You are a very observant person.

I try to pay attention to shows I watch otherwise it's a waste time.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Don't feel bad. It's really the natural way of things. The show has always had its gory moments but really, you are a new dad. Every friend that got their first kid it makes their tastes change in entertainment. I've had numerous friends that were horror movie fans like myself and they changed after they looked into their kid's eyes. A friend of mine put it like this: I don't want that kind of ugliness, that screaming and poo poo near my girl. I know some people might give you shite but don't worry about it. If anything you might start finding the urge to watch it again after a bit but you and your wife got far more important things to stress about. Congratulations by the way.

Show itself was ok. JDM brought a certain cruel charm that I really appreciated. I know he won't be around that long but it was nice to see Rick utterly sorted. Hopefully the show builds to the rematch slowly. I'd rather have one big concluding fight than the Governor parte deux.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 24, 2016

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

blue squares posted:

That scene made me uncomfortable, too. I've always been of the mind that brutal violence should be over quickly otherwise it becomes indulgent and boy howdy was that indulgent as gently caress.

Negan's dumb vampire bat pun got a laugh out of me though. I hope JDM stays on longer than a season.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Von_Doom posted:

Don't feel bad. It's really the natural way of things. The show has always had its gory moments but really, you are a new dad. Every friend that got their first kid it makes their tastes change in entertainment. I've had numerous friends that were horror movie fans like myself and they changed after they looked into their kid's eyes. A friend of mine put it like this: I don't want that kind of ugliness, that screaming and poo poo near my girl. I know some people might give you shite but don't worry about it. If anything you might start finding the urge to watch it again after a bit but you and your wife got far more important things to stress about. Congratulations by the way.

Show itself was ok. JDM brought a certain cruel charm that I really appreciated. I know he won't be around that long but it was nice to see Rick utterly sorted. Hopefully the show builds to rematch slowly. I'd rather have one big concluding fight than the Governor parte deux.

Read this.

Read this all of you.

I do not want to go to far.....

This is a necessary thing. A necessary "evil" if you will.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
No Carol this episode, 0/10.

If you ask me, Rick and his crew got off easy.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Really? This is where people are going to stop watching? Just lmao. That re-creation of Glenn's comic book death was so awesome. I'm glad they got the effect of his head caved in down so well that it's making people sick. That kind of brutality is what the show needs more of. I thought the death of the Alexandrian who got impaled from the back and then had his entrails ripped out by a bunch of zombies while he was helpless to be stuck there standing upright watching it was way more disturbing than these deaths tonight.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Delivered.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Nobody mentioned this so I must've missed it- did Rick toss the hatchet on top of the RV before climbing up? I saw Negan chuck it out the door, then it was on top, and it's driving me nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

People actually liked Glenn and he was one of the few characters with anything resembling an emotional arc on the show so yeah people don't like how exploitative it felt.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is fantastic though.