Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

CaptainCaveman posted:

I’m only really interested in single player and I liked Skyrim, should I get this game?

This would be your first problem and it depends on what you like about Skyrim. If you want a modding platform yeah that's Skyrim. If you want a good game this is so much better than Skyrim ever was, I mean yeah poo poo respawns but you get to kill lots of guys, even named guys through your choices and the world actually changes with your quest progression. Townspeople will even comment on things you did and the towns seem more alive than anything in Skyrim. It's for some reason the superior single player game and all the multi player stuff is right there should you want it but it's mostly a bunch of assholes ERPing in every tavern you set foot in so I tend to not do that a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
What happens to all your crafting poo poo in your magic bag if you slip from sub to f2p?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Verranicus posted:

What happens to all your crafting poo poo in your magic bag if you slip from sub to f2p?

You can continue taking stuff out of the bag but you can't but anything in to it.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Send another newbie Ebonheart guild invite to @FunkyFjord

or char name Fjord'uun i'm not sure yet, because I'm dumb

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
I bought the Crown Store Funbux (tm) Hair Pack and uh...it was probably worth the money. I mean it cost nearly the amount I was automatically awarded by buying the subscription, or as I call it, craft bag rental, so I didn't actually pay extra for it, but...it adds all the hairstyles to your dress-up collection as costumes, so you can swap out hairstyles at any time you feel like it. You can't change your hair color (that requires an appearance change) and you're restricted to styles your race could wear anyway, but it's a permanent collected thing instead of a one-time-use item and it works on all your characters, so that's nice. So if you want dreads on Monday and mohawks on Tuesday and pretty, pretty princess hair the rest of the time, this is maybe a thing to look into.

p.s. are craft guild invites a thing anymore? I would still like one, @atomicgeek

atomicgeek fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 24, 2016

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

If I wanna be a goober and treat this game mostly like a single-player RPG, is either stamina or magicka focus significantly better than the other for a Nightblade? They both seem to have pretty solid self-healing options from what I can tell, so unless one really outshines the other in AoE damage or sustainability or something I'll probably just reroll my Khajiit into a Dunmer and start using cool invisibility tricks (and maybe a staff sometimes) since all knives all the time might get a little boring.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
It's really hard to say if one is better than the other.

There's dozens of builds and I've played NB stamina tank, NB stamina DPS, NB magicka DPS, NB magicka tank, and NB magicka healer. If you're looking for self heals, stamina NB is a little lacking. Most of the healing type skills scale with magicka, making them very weak on a stamina build. There is a stamina morph of the NB execute skill which restores a nice chuck of HP upon killing a foe, and there's a skill that marks enemies and killing a marked enemy restores a large amount of HP. You can easily go from the brink of death to full health with those two skills. It can really help you power through a large group of mobs, but obviously those two won't help during a boss fight.

Magicka NB's just have stronger heals that don't rely on killing dudes. However, if you do decide to go stamina you can use those skills and go into DW, which has three skills that can be morphed into HOTs (Blood Craze, Blood Thirst, both ult morphs). Personally I'd choose the other morphs every times since they do more damage, but if you want to make a powerhouse stam NB solo'er it's entirely possible.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Can there be one week where this goddamn team doesn't gently caress up a simple maintenance?

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
Anyone have a solid Templar build that'll work solo and then transition well into a party scenario?

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

Scyantific posted:

Can there be one week where this goddamn team doesn't gently caress up a simple maintenance?

I would settle for them not doing maintenance when Trade Guilds are supposed to roll over, this is about to be the 3rd (or 4th) week in a row the maintenance has screwed it up for at least one of my guilds.

And I swear they specifically changed the roll-over to Sunday in the first place because of Tuesday maintenance screwing up Trade Guild rollover, then they randomly started doing maintenance on Monday anyways.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Started playing this last night. Runs and looks great on my triple screen setup. I'm being a filthy casual and playing with controller atm. Nice change of pace from WoW.

Before I waste a ton of time and avoid rerolling later. What's considered a good baseline 2 handed pve and pvp dps build? I intend to play a lot of this solo.

And it's character name, not account for guild invites?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Fridurmus posted:

Anyone have a solid Templar build that'll work solo and then transition well into a party scenario?

Magplar DPS is not only some of the best and easiest things, you can solo almost everything, and dish out a surprising amount of healing for yourself and your group as you fight.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793102&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post465465565

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Screw around Craglorn and dailies, finally get Vaults of Madness pop. Of course I get kicked to login and a minute later from group, and this late it's no use to try again :argh: At least I got that CP160 and about two thirds done with mats for one dagger.

^^ Guilds are account-wide, hence account name. Maybe character works, but odds are every new alt has to be invited separately then.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

oh man just did maelstrom arena for the first time last night, it was pretty fun, got to the boss of second arena, but I was super tired and kept loving up. Gonna swap to overload for one of my ults and hopefully blow through a few more.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Can I grab a guild invite? @Norns

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Norns posted:

Can I grab a guild invite? @Norns

Ah poo poo I missed this in the morning. Hopefully someone else grabs you, if not I'll do it after work.

In other news, learning motifs as a lowbie is very profitable if you have the XP buff. Got my 4th templar to 4 just learning the entire hollowjack motif. :haw:

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
Same, if I could get an invite for @catbrush

Also, I wanted to make a tank and rolled a templar imperial, not sure if I should regret it but PvE is very easy, so far.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Is there a way to either remove other faction's Harborage instances' map markers from the map, or to have them marked as explored?

This is the most trivial, dumb poo poo, and yet it is driving me bonkers.

Durham
Sep 21, 2009
Bought and started up last night. Really enjoying the pve that actually feels like I'm doing things with consequences.

Could I get an invite for @KillianBear?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

mister magpie posted:

Same, if I could get an invite for @catbrush

Also, I wanted to make a tank and rolled a templar imperial, not sure if I should regret it but PvE is very easy, so far.

Ok getting an account not found error here. PM me ingame for an invite (@Scyantific is my UserID)

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

CuddlyZombie posted:

Is there a way to either remove other faction's Harborage instances' map markers from the map, or to have them marked as explored?

This is the most trivial, dumb poo poo, and yet it is driving me bonkers.

Going inside them 'discovers' them.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Scyantific posted:

Ok getting an account not found error here. PM me ingame for an invite (@Scyantific is my UserID)

Weird, ok, logging in now.

Rough Lobster posted:

It's how people discover me.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Made a new toon, Magsorc, since I'd never done one.

Shocks-and-Awes. The smuggest Argonian.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Looks baked

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Rough Lobster posted:

Maybe it changes once I finish the main story quests, but it won't allow me in. It says it's sealed from the inside. Apparently that was a change that came with One Tamriel.

DoctoRadox
Nov 7, 2010
day 1 duelist here, the rest of you are peasants.

hello.jpg

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
So is the server just plain making GBS threads itself right now or is it my connection?

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
Seems to be the server.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Morglon posted:

So is the server just plain making GBS threads itself right now or is it my connection?

Yep, pretty sure it's that whole "east coast internet is under attack" thing that's been going on this week. Depending on where their servers are hosted, some websites don't work.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
When/if things settle down, could someone please send me an invite to the Ebonheart Pact guild on PC? Also if there's still a crafting one, I guess. @zaktar. Thanks.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Is... is that skooma? Does skooma do that?

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Aramek posted:

Made a new toon, Magsorc, since I'd never done one.

Shocks-and-Awes. The smuggest Argonian.

Holy poo poo 5'd. May you live 1000 years, sir.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If I get banned in the next 2 days it's probably because I'm running Fjord's (SP?) with Steed on a Redguard with a yellow and green color scheme.

I'm also planning on getting Darkstride for maximum troll.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Fastest Ehlnofey in the world should be considered honor, not troll :colbert:

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Who wants to power level me

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Everything is scaled now.
Find a place with a high density of enemies and kill them over and over. Cold perch cavern if you have Orsinium DLC, Bangkorai has a nice spot if you don't have access to DLC.

2 people in the party (doesn't matter what level) will give you the best XP. Currently the witcher festival is going on that will boost your XP but you can also buy XP pots, use the ring of Mara (marry another character) or subscribe for bonus XP. Ask nicely in the goon guild chat and someone will make you a set of training gear (increases XP from kills).

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I finally hit 160. What's a good <=5 trait craftable set for a stam DK? I've been using whitestrake's which has been amazing for my survivability, but my deeps is like 5k vs. a single target which I understand is kind of terrible.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Get one of us to make you Hunding's, which is a six trait.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

I finally hit 160. What's a good <=5 trait craftable set for a stam DK? I've been using whitestrake's which has been amazing for my survivability, but my deeps is like 5k vs. a single target which I understand is kind of terrible.
The only decent craftables for stam DPS are Night Mother's Gaze or Hunding's Rage, both of which require 6 resesrched traits on each item to be crafted. You can roll with 5 Ashen Grip though, since you're a StamDK and that 5pc bonus is augmented by DK passives.

Hunding's is a good general set to use, while Night Mother's offers more damage with its 5pc bonus.

Alternatively if you want to farm item sets, you can farm Spriggan in Bangkorai or find a group to go through Crypt of Hearts I or II and look for Leviathan pieces.

E: Eventually you want to be running either NMG or Sunderflame (City of Ash drop), Kra'gh 2pc (Undaunted set, head and shoulders), and possibly Leviathan. I would say Automaton but that set won't help your poison DoTs.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

ugh tried to farm spriggan's, I got 1 piece in ~5hours and it was a dumb piece with roll dodge reduction.