Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh jeez, the latest Megaman... it's 145 turns of MegaSnail X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

I always love listening to these, even though I will never watch most of the shows they recommend.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the ham sandwich battle is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time

"Point the camera at the sandwich to show everyone what bullshit you're doing to it"

"Here's the sandwich...I just want the ham! I dunno why this is such a big goddamn deal!"

"WHO DOES THAT!"

"I DO!"

"THAT'S CRAZY!"

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

2 is fine other than the dumb plot and bad ending

there's nothing redeemable about 3 though

the co-op ending where fettel eats alma's unborn baby and the game yells FAVORITE SON at you is hilarious

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

New Anime season round up with Mother's Basement, Liam and Brennan Williams

You guys that butt bounce sports anime is the loving craziest poo poo

They got Zero Shifts vs The Murderous intent.

They got Gates of Babylon

They got spirit beasts

Maybe anime is so bad it's good.

This is arse.

Pure unmitigated bum.

To think the Aholes at Xebec thought this a good choice of project baffles all of my madads.

I think I need to sit down.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Use a cushion to protect your backside

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

RareAcumen posted:

Eh, it's better than Omikron.

Can you imagine the world where water has worse gameplay than Omikron? Truly the darkest timeline.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Omikron is the scariest game they're playing this month because you don't know who's going to snap and kill the others first.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
FEAR is still so loving cool

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

My money is on woolie, after all he already killed a guy and its not as hard the second and third times.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Morality is just chemicals in your brain.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So I guess Castlevania will be done in an episode or two making way for DS3 DLC?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rhonne posted:

Morality is just chemicals in your brain.

I want this to never stop

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Omikron is the scariest game they're playing this month because you don't know who's going to snap and kill the others first.

Close race between Grandma Swamp and Matt's wife.

I'm not high up enough on SBF lore to recall her name.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Oh nice they finally play FEAR? It's probably one of my favorite spooky games as well as my favorite FPS (new DOOM is a good contender though). It's a pity it has some issues running on modern systems.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DumbparameciuM posted:

Can you imagine the world where water has worse gameplay than Omikron? Truly the darkest timeline.

If IRL swimmjng controls were as bad as thry are in Omikron I would have drowned a long time ago.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

RareAcumen posted:

Close race between Grandma Swamp and Matt's wife.

I'm not high up enough on SBF lore to recall her name.

Leana iirc. Anyway I kinda suspect Matt will be the one to kill the other two, Pat hosed up office stuff live on stream which must be representative of their actual office set-up, he's also likely fearing that Woolie will go first and in the back of his mind, Matt would be the only one thinking "...me and Liam could keep the channel going"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Pat deals with his suffering as it comes, by yelling, crying and getting angry at assorted stuff. It's between Woolie and Matt IMO.

Liam is the only winner here. He gets to play Castlevania and lazily co-pilot an RPG while Woolie struggles with directions, plus he'll inherit the entire channel after the Great Omikron Murderfest.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The ultimate zing from outta nowhere.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
monstrum shitstorm is real strong

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat stands for religious purges

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Matt's not on this week's podcast because he's enjoying his anniversary still in Portland I think.

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/790625521122086913

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 24, 2016

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Matt's not on this week's podcast because he's enjoying his anniversary still in Portland I think.

also the audio is bad

good thing they got that new office huh!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Okay, Liam gave the best goof:
I'm glad Nintendo is making the Vita 2: a handheld with great japanese games, dubious western involvement and no Sony games.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blockhouse posted:

also the audio is bad

good thing they got that new office huh!!

I wish they would just get a Patreon and hire an editor. Just someone to yell awful things at to edit into videos to save them.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I did not realize that T2 was coming out tomorrow

oh well, already preordered Xenoverse 2 for Thursday

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I wish they would just get a Patreon and hire an editor. Just someone to yell awful things at to edit into videos to save them.

IIRC, Matt is the one who doesn't like Patreon because it creates obligations to the patrons and I think that makes him anxious.

Besides, professional unprofessionalism is the essence of the Best Friends. They have a lot of game to not be on.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat hates pizza

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rodyle posted:

I did not realize that T2 was coming out tomorrow

oh well, already preordered Xenoverse 2 for Thursday

High five fellow gokumaker

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

hoobajoo posted:

IIRC, Matt is the one who doesn't like Patreon because it creates obligations to the patrons and I think that makes him anxious.

Besides, professional unprofessionalism is the essence of the Best Friends. They have a lot of game to not be on.

But that's a horseshit excuse because they already stick to a pretty rigid schedule to begin with(2-3 videos a day, livestreams on some weekends, a lengthy weekly podcast). And they are already beholden to their fans because they live off ad revenue and sponsorships. That they, one of the few LP groups with a super rabid fanbase(the others I can think of being Giant Bomb and Rooster Teeth, POSSIBLY game grumps), refuse to use Patreon when I could see them easily hitting 80-100k a month based on their fanbase, is kinda absurd to me. I don't think Patreon disqualifies them from using other sources of income either, right? It's simply a loss on their end by not exploring all options. Plus, Patreon can just be a "if you enjoy our work, you can donate to our cause!" without some kind of incentive beyond what they produce now.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Burkion posted:

High five fellow gokumaker

there's so many possibilities, I can make Final Cooler or be lord slug

but I'm just going to end up making Android 18 as a Saiyan again

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

But that's a horseshit excuse because they already stick to a pretty rigid schedule to begin with(2-3 videos a day, livestreams on some weekends, a lengthy weekly podcast). And they are already beholden to their fans because they live off ad revenue and sponsorships. That they, one of the few LP groups with a super rabid fanbase(the others I can think of being Giant Bomb and Rooster Teeth, POSSIBLY game grumps), refuse to use Patreon when I could see them easily hitting 80-100k a month based on their fanbase, is kinda absurd to me. I don't think Patreon disqualifies them from using other sources of income either, right? It's simply a loss on their end by not exploring all options. Plus, Patreon can just be a "if you enjoy our work, you can donate to our cause!" without some kind of incentive beyond what they produce now.

There's a big difference getting money indirectly via ads and getting it directly from individuals. Add to that the legitimate uncomfortableness with the generosity of the mailbag at times, it's understandable they are hesitant. At any rate, they don't have any obligation to make the maximum amount of money possible, they should do whatever makes their work the most enjoyable, and they're clearly not hurting for money.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

so everyone asking about why they can't pay via monthly patreon subscriptions is already paying via vessel right?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

hoobajoo posted:

There's a big difference getting money indirectly via ads and getting it directly from individuals. Add to that the legitimate uncomfortableness with the generosity of the mailbag at times, it's understandable they are hesitant. At any rate, they don't have any obligation to make the maximum amount of money possible, they should do whatever makes their work the most enjoyable, and they're clearly not hurting for money.

It's very strange that people are so insistent about them starting a patreon.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't agree, they should be at least looking to build up a significant savings in case things go rotten for a while. Yes they are successful now, but the LPer market is getting insanely saturated, everyone and their mother (sometimes literally) is giving it a shot. There's no saying they'll continue to be successful, and having a patreon tip jar, clearly stated as that and nothing more to dissuade overenthusiastic donations, would be a good safety net.

Humbleness is well and good, but as a business they should be looking to keep a significant amount of money saved up, for future hires, unforeseen issues, etc. Plus, extra money would allow for all sorts of shenanigans like trips to places, better equipment, that sort of thing.

They're welcome to do whatever they want with their business, but this is just from a fan who would like to see them continue on for a long time (if that's what they want too).

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's very strange that people are so insistent about them starting a patreon.
People want to throw money at them, it's not hard to understand

Rodyle posted:

so everyone asking about why they can't pay via monthly patreon subscriptions is already paying via vessel right?
I am, yeah.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://citra-emu.org/

I DIDN'T KNOW THIS EXISTED

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Citra isn't that great yet.

It's getting there pretty fast though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Captain Invictus posted:

one of the few LP groups with a super rabid fanbase(the others I can think of being Giant Bomb and Rooster Teeth, POSSIBLY game grumps),

Uh....no. You live in a bubble.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tae posted:

Uh....no. You live in a bubble.
Instead of being a dick, feel free to list other examples. I'm sure there are others of course, but those four are the only ones that I know of that have really...dedicated fans. Also, I said LP groups, not single guys like Pewdiepie or Markiplier or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
team four star
easy allies gets 40k a month on patreon, kinda funny is still the highest combined patreon
anyone and everyone that had a panel at twitchcon