Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
What kind of insane stats would Winston have if he popped his ult while nanoboosted+beat dropped+30% damage boost?

Or would Torb's ult work better for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Panfilo posted:

What kind of insane stats would Winston have if he popped his ult while nanoboosted+beat dropped+30% damage boost?

I think a big part of the problem with nano Winston is that his way of dealing damage also helps people escape from him, and his damage isn't that high to begin with. Nano torb would be hilarious tho.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Fusion Restaurant posted:

I think a big part of the problem with nano Winston is that his way of dealing damage also helps people escape from him, and his damage isn't that high to begin with. Nano torb would be hilarious tho.

Nano molten core can wreck face. The problem is having a Torb on your team for the whole time he's not nano cored.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

True. I was thinking in terms of how insanely strong each of his punches would get, not to mention momentarily having enough HP to probably face tank any ult in the game.

I'm guessing Nano Molten Core'd damage boosted Torb would be shooting bolts as fast as turret mode Bastion :stare:

BLUNDERCATS! noooo
Oct 30, 2008

Anung Un Rama, Urush Un Rama
Has Torb's pickrate dropped completely in both QP and competitive now? I've leveled from 40-57 and have only seen a handful. Is it just that people have collectively figured out how to play against him or is my anecdotal evidence just confirmation bias?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

BLUNDERCATS! noooo posted:

Has Torb's pickrate dropped completely in both QP and competitive now? I've leveled from 40-57 and have only seen a handful. Is it just that people have collectively figured out how to play against him or is my anecdotal evidence just confirmation bias?

He's like the other projectile classes in that you need to be extremely skilled to make him useful. Mei has more utility than him and people just like Hanzo cause he's azn.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Edit: phone post. Ignore

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Hanzo can also just randomly get kills from headshots or dropping Scatter Arrow in the same zipcode as the red team, while Torb has to either get right up close or nail his rivet shots.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Hanzo can also just randomly get kills from headshots or dropping Scatter Arrow in the same zipcode as the red team, while Torb has to either get right up close or nail his rivet shots.

Torb can and should spam rivets at the enemy/where the enemy is bound to be at some point soon.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Duck and Cover posted:

Torb can and should spam rivets at the enemy/where the enemy is bound to be at some point soon.

Right, I'm just saying Torb has to get it right more than once, compared to Hanzo.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I'm looking forward to torb getting scrap regen.

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
Why don't people complain about sonic arrow? Widow's ult line was made map wide and louder, but hanzo's wallhacks are far more frequent and undetectable. You have to assume he has it up at all times.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Because widowmaker's primary weapon is also better(and used to be way better)

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Because if there's a Hanzo, you can assume that the enemy team isn't working with him out of spite.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Was watching a TV show tonight when I got hacked by Sombra

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

silver frame means level 1000+, right? because if so i just played a dude who was level 1187. 687 hours played. how is that even possible?

e: should clarify i'm baffled because his rank was like 2100.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Silver is 600+

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Valentin posted:

silver frame means level 1000+, right? because if so i just played a dude who was level 1187. 687 hours played. how is that even possible?

e: should clarify i'm baffled because his rank was like 2100.

I ran in to a 1000 (I think?) the other day. I think it came out to around 13 hours played a day or something insane. Some people are the pure embodiment of that WoW player from South Park I guess.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Ragequit posted:

I ran in to a 1000 (I think?) the other day. I think it came out to around 13 hours played a day or something insane. Some people are the pure embodiment of that WoW player from South Park I guess.

The really crazy thing is that a lot of these players at super high levels aren't even very good, at least not a lot of the ones that I come across.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
you can play a lot and not actually get any better, if you dont try to improve. bad habits and such.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Tiler Kiwi posted:

you can play a lot and not actually get any better, if you dont try to improve. bad habits and such.

Happens a lot with the 'ITS THE loving USELESS TEAM' type of people.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Panfilo posted:

gonna start by saying that this is a bad idea because throwing 3 ults behind one guy is an insane waste. but if you don't care about that, well...

primal rage winston has 1000 health. nanoboost adds 50% damage resistance, effectively giving him 1500 health. sound barrier adds 500 shields that decay over time, giving winston a maximum of 2000 health (well, not including armor packs, symmetra shields, or zarya bubbles anyway). I think nanoboost effects your sound barrier shields as well tho, so it'd actually be 2250 health. he normally deals 40 damage per swing in primal rage, which is boosted to 60 with nanoboost (it's 50% bonus damage, not 30. unless they changed that and I didn't notice). that's not that impressive but he does have knockback and a ton of mobility at least

torb, by comparison, gains 300 armor from molten core. that's 450 with nanoboost on top of 300 health, or 750 total. sound barrier would bring it to 1250, or 1500 if nanoboost effects the sound barrier. armor is way better than regular health tho and nanoboost makes it even better, so it's possible that molten torb would have more effective heath than winston in this scenario. he has no mobility or knockback tho. torb's damage with his primary goes from 70/140 to 105/210 (same as mccree but trades hitscan for having no damage falloff) and his alt goes from 150/300, assuming all the pellets hit before damage falloff, to 225/450 (that's as much as an unboosted roadhog, except the torb will fire a lot faster and has no hook to bring people into his range)

nano winston is actually very good. it's just not primal rage nano winston that's any good. the lightning gun does 90 dps that has autoaim and can hit multiple targets at once while nanoboosted

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
50% damage reduction doubles your health

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Don't forget that that Torb could also have a level 3 turret blazing away as well.

Does nanoboost affect the turret? That could be very nice if it did.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Manatee Cannon posted:

primal rage winston has 1000 health. nanoboost adds 50% damage resistance, effectively giving him 1500 health.

what did he mean by this?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i moved winstons leap from shift to m2 and it feels so much better when trying to pinpoint position his jumps with wasd. it took a qp game or two to change my muscle memory but im landing much better jumps as a result

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Minrad posted:

it means I'm an idiot. alternatively,

Brannock posted:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Minrad posted:

Brannock posted:

in much more verbose form it goes like this

if you have 100 hp and dude shoots you for 50 damage, you take two shots and die.

if you get double hp, it now takes four shots to die.

if instead, you get 50% damage reduction, now the dude shooting you only deals 25 damage. It takes four shots to kill you.

so having 2xhp is the same as having 1xhp with 50% damage reduction. So instead of saying "Winston with 1000Hp and 50% Damage Reduction", you can just think of it as "Winston with 2000HP".

(its actually not strictly identical, since healing is not affected by the damage reduction, so actually damage reduction is superior if someone is healing you; it effectively heals you twice as much compared to just having double HP.)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the actual, not idiot numbers for winston would just be 3000 health for winston. primal rage is 1000 and sound barrier is 500, nanoboost doubles it to 3000 where a third of it will tick down by itself

torb's not as clean cut because of the armor tho. technically it's just as simple because it's just 2(500+500), but the armor doesn't work like normal health. you'd have an entire roadhog's worth of armor at 600 tho. I don't think a nanoboosted death blossom could get through that even without the sound barrier on top

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I really hate that the ticking-down for Sound Barrier uses the "taking-damage" red flashes

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I can see how that'd be frustrating for someone who counts on visual indicators for everything

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
So I heard that Symmetra was getting retooled because nobody likes using her as is. Is that true? If so, how?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Geostomp posted:

So I heard that Symmetra was getting retooled because nobody likes using her as is. Is that true? If so, how?

it's true, but they haven't said how yet. it's still some weeks out.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Geostomp posted:

One thing they've specifically said is they don't want to give her any healing ability just because she's in support. If it comes down to it, they'll move her to defense before they give her the ability to heal.

For my money, I think it'd be neat if they gave her some ability that allowed her to boost other player's speed. Right now Lucio is the only character who can do that, so he becomes an auto-include in tournaments. Giving Sym a different type of speed enhancer would take the pressure off the auto-Lucio pick and also give people another reason to pick her.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Naerasa posted:

One thing they've specifically said is they don't want to give her any healing ability just because she's in support. If it comes down to it, they'll move her to defense before they give her the ability to heal.

For my money, I think it'd be neat if they gave her some ability that allowed her to boost other player's speed. Right now Lucio is the only character who can do that, so he becomes an auto-include in tournaments. Giving Sym a different type of speed enhancer would take the pressure off the auto-Lucio pick and also give people another reason to pick her.

A little added mobility or making the shields she gives stronger would help. That and either make her weapon longer ranged or kick in faster with a charge shot that moves at something resembling a decent speed and/or having a larger area of effect. Her teleporter losing its charge limitation and as well as it and her turrets becoming a bit more durable would really help.

She needs some serious work, but I do like her overall idea. As of now, she really sucks at her job unless her enemies are just completely oblivious.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 24, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If I download this on my work PC can I install it on my home one? I only want to install it at home but my work PC downloads much faster. Sorry if this is the wrong thread :shobon:

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
If you copy the files from your work PC onto your home PC then you should be able to just point your Battle.net app to the files and then you're set. It might reset your options or something but otherwise it shold be fine.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Naerasa posted:

From what I read in this thread her shield ability used to be much more substantial, but as it is now, her giving someone freaking 25hp shield is hilarious and worthless, especially seeing a little tick added to a Reinharts health. Maybe give her a buff in that department, but add a requirement to have LoS. So you can give someone a good shield boost, but you have to stay together.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Shnag posted:

From what I read in this thread her shield ability used to be much more substantial, but as it is now, her giving someone freaking 25hp shield is hilarious and worthless, especially seeing a little tick added to a Reinharts health. Maybe give her a buff in that department, but add a requirement to have LoS. So you can give someone a good shield boost, but you have to stay together.

If it gave a temporary boost each time she applied it to a character then there would be reason for her to cast it more than one per life.

It'd be more awesome if her shield-ability gave any player double-jump via a 'prism' platform that uses the shield as it's energy source. So you could do it once per four seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

It'd have to be a passive that only gives you some arbitrarily small amount of shields only when you're next to her, or we'd have the same issue we had before they merged it.

They could just give her a speed boost pad.