Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

iwentdoodie posted:

Hahahahahaha gently caress brad

Disagree imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

iwentdoodie posted:

Hahahahahaha gently caress brad

:bisonyes:

Love that someone made that.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

exploding mummy posted:

Done in by a bag of chips

He can shove them into his annoying horse face.

Edit anyone else just have that feeling of dread building up?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

He can shove them into his annoying horse face.

Edit anyone else just have that feeling of dread building up?

Constantly every day

In terms of this race, no more than usual, really

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
If Hamlin can just get knocked out today is a good day.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

How do the Penske cars seem to temporarily pull away from the field on the GWCs on plate tracks? How?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

How do the Penske cars seem to temporarily pull away from the field on the GWCs on plate tracks? How?

He's not pulling away. The cars behind him are backing up to get runs.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

It's not really unique to the Penske cars

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Same thing happened with junyur also. I think it's just this plate package.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I think Austin Dillon's cowboy hat keeps getting bigger.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

https://twitter.com/GeoffreyMiller/status/790315788699783168?s=07

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
"Happy" Harvick strikes again!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Mr. Where Did He Come From

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

this is the worst final 8 i could have ever imagined.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

wicka posted:

this is the worst final 8 i could have ever imagined.

Pretty loving much.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

They've got this package figured out to the point and now they're just constantly pulling the field around.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
So is there some controversy about 3 of the Gibbs cars dropping to the back of the field?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

daslog posted:

So is there some controversy about 3 of the Gibbs cars dropping to the back of the field?

Not really, it's just a smart/safe/boring strategy given how the points were shaking out

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

daslog posted:

About as much controversy as the people mad because two 4 win drivers are out, that now want to got back to before the Chase was instituted.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm impressed it took this long for two of Smoke, Harvick, Kurt, and maybe an irrationally pissed off Danica to get into it over something.

e- Harvick was supposed to supposed to push Kurt at the end of the race and went with Logano instead. Kurt gave him a donut on the cooldown lap, which led to ^that^ happening. http://autoweek.com/article/nascar-sprint-cup/kevin-harvick-and-kurt-busch-feud-after-talladega-tussle

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 24, 2016

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Sounds like Harvick hosed up and got mad that he got called on it

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

quote:

What's important to note is this will likely not be an outright ban on Cup drivers racing in lesser-division events, sources have told SB Nation on a condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak publicly. The forthcoming rule will either have a hard cap on the number of non-premier series races a full-time Cup driver can compete in over a calendar year, or a revision of the current rule prohibiting a Cup driver from racing in the Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series championship finales, and extend it across all Chase races.

It's going to be the latter, isn't it?

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/10/20/13341580/nascar-mailbag-limit-sprint-cup-drivers-xfinity-series-races

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
bwahahahahaha Hearn won the 358 race and got DQ'ed for being light :laugh:

Friesen won the 200, by way of a last lap pass on Hearn

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

kidcoelacanth posted:

It's not really unique to the Penske cars

Penske's won four of the last five Cup races at Talladega, including three straight fall races. Something's definitely clicking there.

If it's the former, they owe me a nickel for the idea. Getting tired of running NASCAR from my couch for no pay.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
These are the best Chase results. All Busches all the time. Are there 4 guys without wins left in the chase cause that is what I want the final four to be.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Everyone left has wins, I really don't think there's a good comedy option this year.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Dillon would've been a great comedy pick and Truex was probably the sentimental pick so really all that's left is Harvick because he's been the actual best driver all year

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

kidcoelacanth posted:

Dillon would've been a great comedy pick

I have a Facebook friend who is mad gay for the Dillons and posts about them at least twice per week, so I'm hoping not.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Power rankings of championship results that will disappoint me the least

1. Kurt Busch
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Matt Kenseth
4. Carl Edwards
5. Kyle Busch
6. Kevin Harvick
7. Denny Hamlin
8. Joey Logano

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I can't believe I missed this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr5booheLzI

I wanted to hear the song so badly back in '06 but it never materialized. A rap song written about a NASCAR driver from Arkansas is funny as hell.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
the Darlington name drop is incredibly funny to me in this instance

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

daslog posted:

Trying to penalize JGR out of nothing. Cars run in a second smaller pack all the time and somehow it's an issue now about not being at 100%...

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

fuseshock posted:

Trying to penalize JGR out of nothing. Cars run in a second smaller pack all the time and somehow it's an issue now about not being at 100%...

I have seen multiple Dale fans crying about this

what was Sr's common tactic? hanging back till the end

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Denny Hamlin beat Kurt Busch back to the line by a nose, which ended up the difference in he vs. Dillon going to the next round.

Speaking of which, oh yeah, I did a dumb game. Here's how it's going:
-Kidc, njsykora, and seventimessix are "leading" with 7 points each. All three earned two bonus points in the LASTCHASE challenge by picking the obvious choice of Chris Buescher to finish last. Of those three, NJ is in the best shape with two drivers still alive, registering points for Kes (1, worst in group) and Dillon (4, best in group) plus the bonus.
-Bz22, gret, Possiblychicken/PP14, maffew, fuseshock, and Nit Wit Dog poo poo all have 6. PP14 picked Truex to win the title, so his +3 chance is out the window.
-iwentdoodie, slickdrac, bigbillystyle, and I have 5. Doodie picked MTJ to finish last, which didn't happen.
-Theacox, Mearn, and Denny Hamlin (wow, he's a goon?!?) are at 4. The first two picked Kes and MTJ to win the title.
-Demag has the fewest points at 2, having picked up points for Truex and Buescher; both finished last in their groups. He didn't get the LASTCHASE (Dillon), but can still pick up 3 for the champ (Hamlin).

Full chart: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j03l0dprbHx_7oX9B-KTrkLToErO3jgdzTnk6oa60Oc/edit?usp=sharing

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

fwiw Buescher is only one point behind McMurray right now

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

fuseshock posted:

This is the dummest thing to be angry about.

"100% means literally full yhrottle thru every turn uf every lap at every track literally bouncing off the loving walls cause *sound of 5 dicks in my mouth* JUNIOR!"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Here's a new public excerpt from Gordon's autobiography, talking about Atlanta 2001 when Gordon won his fourth title:

quote:

When Jeff beckoned her to the stage, she glared. Her response was sharp and steely. “It’s about time you asked me to come over,” Jeff remembers her telling him. “I thought you were just going to leave me over there. Is this celebration just about you? Is that what it’s all about?”

Her bitterness caught him off guard. “It hit me like a ton of bricks,” he recalls. One moment, he was rejoicing in the greatest accomplishment of his Winston Cup career, and the next he was being raked over the coals for his selfishness.

“Did I kind of forget about her in that moment? I kind of did,” he admits. “But at the same time, I wasn’t intentionally trying to.”

Jesus Christ.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
wow

why didn't she just go up there and congratulate her husband without being prompted, one has to wonder

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Um that's not true my vhs jeff and brooke gordon video diaries told me everything's ok and they prayed and got the championship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Steve O'Donnell says that the JGR cars weren't really not giving 100% because they were playing a strategy in running the race at less than 100% and that The Spirit of the Rule is to prevent deliberate, less than 100% actions or race-altering events like Clint Bowyer's magical itchy arm causing him to not run 100%, so no penalty.

• Locked thread