Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

10 Beers posted:

My loadout still keeps resetting, though.

Yeah, it would. The standard :dice: time for patching that bug is about 6-8 weeks. And then add another couple weeks onto that before you can quit a server from the postgame stats screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Oh and for MY IMMERSION, I turned off the announcer voice. On Conquest, this makes the game better. As US or Brits, you get loads of battle chatter about losing or taking objectives, but ehhh you can just glance up the HUD every 30 seconds or so and you get the same effect without an intrusive voiceover.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Parkingtigers posted:

No idea, as I don't think I had that bug.

Well I just found my new forward scout gun: the Gewehr 95 infantry. Bolt action ironsights gun that packs a real punch. Thought I'd wasted warbonds on it at first, wasn't clicking on Empire's Edge (but then I got to fire the main Dreadnaught gun, which is a super mega mortar), but on Argonne I suddenly went 35-8 with it, and I am terrible at shootmans. This and the spotting flare so I can get up close and play attack scout is my new jam.

Also went 19-8 on Sinai, but actually literally ran out of ammo at one point because support class people are terrible.

I also would like to jump on the Gewehr bandwagon. At medium range it does like 83 damage to anything, and headshots are surprisingly easy. The iron sights take some getting used to but after my second round of using the gun I too was something like 22-4.

Now if only they would give scout something to deal with armor that's not their weak rear end armor piercing round.

I changed my announcer to a male. Will probably end up turning him/her/xi off.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Parkingtigers posted:

Oh and for MY IMMERSION, I turned off the announcer voice. On Conquest, this makes the game better. As US or Brits, you get loads of battle chatter about losing or taking objectives, but ehhh you can just glance up the HUD every 30 seconds or so and you get the same effect without an intrusive voiceover.

I just wish the announcer lady would change to a soothing german voice when I'm playing as the krauts

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

moist turtleneck posted:

I just wish the announcer lady would change to a soothing german voice when I'm playing as the krauts

If you want the authentic German experience she needs to be yelling in the harshest voice possible while stomping on your nuts with high heels.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the trench support fighter is extremely my poo poo

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Parkingtigers posted:

No idea, as I don't think I had that bug.

Well I just found my new forward scout gun: the Gewehr 95 infantry. Bolt action ironsights gun that packs a real punch. Thought I'd wasted warbonds on it at first, wasn't clicking on Empire's Edge (but then I got to fire the main Dreadnaught gun, which is a super mega mortar), but on Argonne I suddenly went 35-8 with it, and I am terrible at shootmans. This and the spotting flare so I can get up close and play attack scout is my new jam.

Also went 19-8 on Sinai, but actually literally ran out of ammo at one point because support class people are terrible.

gently caress pubbies. You can stand there for 3 minutes mashing the GIVE AMMO button, I know a big flashing GIVE AMMO icon pops up on their screen, but no, never even crosses their mind to press one button.

Just last night, before I joined the goon murder group, a pubby was on mic yelling at me to drop ammo. Like he ignored the assault emblem over my mans, assault emblem next to my name in the squad, the lack of a prompt to ask for ammo, everything. I just don't get how pubbies are that dumb. Then I switched teams and murked him like 7 times :v:

red19fire fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 24, 2016

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Yeah but they have gotten better with the revives though.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I felt the pain of the "Support-class-doesnt-know-they-have-ammo-to-give-out' bug when I was trying to get those 20 rifle grenade kills

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Is it me or do some of these medal requirements seem really difficult?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
This rotating medal requirement and by the way only progress on one at a time is lame as gently caress. Honestly probably not going to bother because I can't be assed to wait for the slow menus to load so I can change medals every time I change game modes or class type. Just gonna continue being a tank whore.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Beastie posted:

Now if only they would give scout something to deal with armor that's not their weak rear end armor piercing round.

Is there a way to hit the tank driver with these or is it just a "tick off 4 damage" gun? Or should I be looking for weak points?

I also managed to shoot a plane in the engine with these which disabled the engine, that was pretty neat.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

As far as I can tell it's reserved for when armor is sitting there smoldering and you can maybe finish it off. I assume that it would also prevent repairs.

Pretty dope you struck a plane. Does that round travel slower, have less range, and more pronounced bullet drop?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
No idea, it was actually a pretty easy shot as far as plane-shooting goes (close and was lined up). I've taken plenty of potshots with normal rounds too and those do an ok amount of damage. I probably shouldn't be wasting ammo trying but the one time I hit a pilot will make it worth it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Using the field guns to blow up guys on horses is endlessly fun. Really the field guns in general are great I just wish it wasn't an instant death sentence after you fire a round.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Do AT mines persist through death?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Popete posted:

Using the field guns to blow up guys on horses is endlessly fun. Really the field guns in general are great I just wish it wasn't an instant death sentence after you fire a round.

I love the field guns. Doing Operations on Argonne, I jumped onto the FG next to the bridge and just started hammering away at the behemoth down track. Amazingly, no-one flanked me, so I just kept pumping out shells non-stop. The train gunners noticed me, but I was able to keep disabling their turrets to stop them murking me. We lost the sector with about 10% of the train health left, but I stayed on the gun as the retreat sounded and blew that mother up. Took some time all told, but I basically did 95% of the damage to that train, and got the killing shot to unlock the codex entry. Good times.

Here's a short clip of Gewehr M.95 Infantry from earlier. Nothing fancy, but had a nice killstreak going on despite a little server lag.

https://youtu.be/21hI2HrlzmM

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I'm pretty sure they do, but I think you can only have 3 down at a time

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Yes, I took out a heavy tank after it killed me that way. They're also harder to spot than in the other BF games

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

You can also switch kits and have your mines persist, I'll always switch to Assault and drop some AT mines on the train tracks if it looks like a train is going to be in my future

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The did gates so well with rush objectives being in forts, I actually enjoy this game mode now

https://youtu.be/Q3fpjENHRYM

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
There was some dipshit in my squad yesterday that was going absolutely livid about the doors being locked on that mountain map. He blew himself up with grenades three times before I switched squads

I do love that when people play fort in there there's always one guy that just HAS to peek outside and let the horde in

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

so does the tank hunter special just not exist anymore or something? I don't think I've seen a single instance of it yet

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I am excited to get home and play this tonight. I had it downloading last night and by the time I was able to start messing around in the campaign I was falling asleep at the wheel. What little I've seen so far makes me think of COD world at war and that is awesome.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Hi

I am bad at computers and bad at this game and please add me my username is IHeartJamesMay. I like to play this, the fifth of the Battlefield games.

ahem

On the fourth of the Playstations, to boot

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 24, 2016

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress this rocket grenade kill requirement

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

the mortar is fuckin money

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Knightmare posted:

No idea, it was actually a pretty easy shot as far as plane-shooting goes (close and was lined up). I've taken plenty of potshots with normal rounds too and those do an ok amount of damage. I probably shouldn't be wasting ammo trying but the one time I hit a pilot will make it worth it.

I was on a machine gun on emplacement at the ruined abbey at St. Quentin's Scar shooting at biplanes and I felt exactly like Cedric Popkin

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Skim Milk posted:

the mortar is fuckin money

:agreed:

My brother and I were playing Operations on the map I just mentioned during the first phase and was just mortaring the hell out of those trenches. Because there's a clear frontline in Operations they were all bunched together in the trenches and he once got something like 11 kills with one air burst mortar.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

frank.club posted:

gently caress this rocket grenade kill requirement

Rifle grenade kills are actually pretty easy once you get a feel for it- the frags to a lot of damage to infantry in a pretty big radius. They've got like no deviation so you can often put them through narrow slits into bunkers, which is frequently the best way to get kills. Also try skipping them off walls/the ground to get better control over where they land- it can let you detonate them at a more normal grenade distance.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

so does the tank hunter special just not exist anymore or something? I don't think I've seen a single instance of it yet

only on certain maps

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It's at D on Fao Fortress and it's still awesome. It can be resupplied from ammo crates.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
So many medic related tears on the internet regarding revives. I may switch out my needle for rifle nade just out of spite.

On the subject of tanks, holy hell they nerfed the artillery light tank from beta. It doesn't kill infantry even with a direct hit and splash damage is negligible. It's strong against armor but the reload time is very slow. I had a heavy tank disabled and one hit from destruction but it popped its quick repair and drove off because I was waiting so long to reload. The machine gun is also weak against infantry. Seems like the flanker is the only viable option for light tanks

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

I do love that when people play fort in there there's always one guy that just HAS to peek outside and let the horde in

The dynamite barely fits through the window slit, but it fits.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

Hello, I like playing support and crashing planes into the sea. PSN: jumbomagumbo. All my friends are on
the Xbox so I gots noone to play with. Cheers!

everyone wear hats now fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 24, 2016

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
im so glad you can actually change the FOV in this game

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
PSN is humpthewind and I'll be sending a request to be a Battlegoon soon so please accept me

Edit: dafuq is this update

humpthewind fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 25, 2016

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

PSN is Valghast if anyone wants to party up and smash pubbies late at night.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Beastie posted:

I also would like to jump on the Gewehr bandwagon.
Same here. The only way to play scout is to get up close and personal. All wookies must die, preferably by melee, but outsniping them without a scope and then teabagging the gently caress out of them is also acceptable.

So far I'm loving the game but I can think of two issues that would really help if they were fixed:
1) Be able to spawn in unused transport vehicles from the map.
2) Support's limpet charges need more than one use. What's the point of running up to a tank with one if you can't kill it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shout out to the guys I played with last night that liked my train jokes