Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DLC preview: https://youtu.be/Ua0zMsDiAyg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lot of people on pc pvp with the dlc powers lol.

Dec 26, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

the new patch is sweet. scythes, axes, and maces are a lot more functional now

what changed about them? can't play until sunday

are fists ok now

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

01011001 posted:

what changed about them? can't play until sunday

are fists ok now

you step forward a lot faster while swinging axes, fists, and maces, and it feels like the hitbox has been extended
the scythe swings faster overall
also greatsword r1s got sped up a little, it feels great. the hollowslayer GS is beastly now

the poise-hyperarmor system also got fixed up and they removed the thing where damage to your "poise health" would regenerate super slow. poise values for armor have been spread out more, with light armor giving less poise and heavy armor giving more. havel is back

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ill definitely be booting it up later today and tomorrow to get ready.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

oh, FROM is working on a fix for the massive buff to acid surge, so get it while you can

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm going to make a pyro with a mace. count it.

i kinda want to Vordt's bigass hammer, but i think the stats are too high for a character i'd like to be mostly casting

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 22, 2016

Dec 26, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

you step forward a lot faster while swinging axes, fists, and maces, and it feels like the hitbox has been extended
also greatsword r1s got sped up a little, it feels great. the hollowslayer GS is beastly now

the poise-hyperarmor system also got fixed up and they removed the thing where damage to your "poise health" would regenerate super slow. poise values for armor have been spread out more, with light armor giving less poise and heavy armor giving more. havel is back

that sounds ownage. i liked greatswords prepatch so i'm satisfied

hopefully fists are usable now because those demon fists rule in concept

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
HK Greatsword pre-patch was already one of my favorite weapons

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

nice about the greatswords ive switched over to using them pretty much entirely, usin a flamberge +4 right now, better than anything else I can get (just finished cathedral of the deep and doing farron now)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was just thinking greatswords felt a lot harder to deal with in the stream last night lol. also got my poo poo broken a lot by acid surge did not expect that

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

HolePisser1982 posted:

Epic

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Never mind I'm retarded

Unexpected Raw Anime fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 22, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

You can get the DLC key right now and uh... 😳

like actually go get it on pc or hack it in lol. how do you get to the new stuff specifically?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

like actually go get it on pc or hack it in lol. how do you get to the new stuff specifically?

After you get the doll from the deacons a monk appears in cleansing
Chapel. Talk to him twice. Remember what the doll did in ds1? 😁

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kinda wanna make a caestus guy, what's the earliest I could get them

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Undead Settlement, before the big rat.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

chinese barbecue porp posted:

Isn't there only one there? I don't remember getting teo

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Just one :( However, it dualwields into a two handed weapon like the claw does so it still works.

I'd like two caestus just so I can go fire + dark fists on same character without going into NG+

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

chinese barbecue porp posted:

Sweet I just started a new guy. Maybe I'll stream it for the hell of it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

might start streaming this a lil later

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

training tried to fight dancer right after vordt and he immediately got grabbed and one hit killed lol

folder
Oct 9, 2016

Bobnumerotres posted:

training tried to fight dancer right after vordt and he immediately got grabbed and one hit killed lol

yeah but he owned emma

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.twitch.tv/bn03 gonna stream pvp myself

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

So I just installed it on PS4 but idk if you can actually access it yet??

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Benny D posted:

So I just installed it on PS4 but idk if you can actually access it yet??

You can't.

quote:

Due to a logistical error, the Dark Souls III Ashes of Ariandel DLC was made available for download for a short period of time for Xbox One players. We have since corrected this scheduling error and the Dark Souls III Ashes of Ariandel DLC will now be available on October 24, 2016 at 3 PM PDT for Steam players and October 24, 2016 at 9 PM PDT for console players. We regret any confusion this may have caused to players and Dark Souls III fans; we look forward to seeing everyone within the world of Ariandel."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It doesn't unlock until midnight Monday

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also if you have the season pass on PS4, if you go to the DLC page on the store you can "pre order" it for free and get a sweet snow theme for the coming winter

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Never mind the monk isn't there

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

PC playas get it at 6pm EST Sunday.

I made a new semi tanky build for the DLC / poise patch and so far it's been my favorite build yet. I'm loving the Hollowslayer GS and War God shield. The moveset on the sword is killer. Good for both PVE and PVP. I've been tearing poo poo up in the Woods all afternoon.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

beepstreet posted:

PC playas get it at 6pm EST Sunday.

do you mean VPN or is it actually coming out for all of steam in 4 hrs?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

"available on October 24, 2016 at 3 PM PDT for Steam players and October 24, 2016 at 9 PM PDT for console players"

so yeah, tomorrow

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

why are they releasing it on a monday

why

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

do you mean VPN or is it actually coming out for all of steam in 4 hrs?

My bad, meant Monday

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
just started a pyromancer character. i'm going to gently caress around w/ low level pvp since they fixed that until the dlc hits.

i think i'm going in w/ my level 80 guy who's pretty much at the end of the game, although some people have said that a +10 weapon makes the bosses a little too easy.

Dec 26, 2012

tried out the new fists w/ the massive forward step. oh man that's the poo poo. still not pvp doable probably but way more fun

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I havent played my my+ guy in forever, did they buff faith/lightning at some point? I switched from sword spear to a lightning lothric knight sword +10 w/40 faith and I absolutely shred everything

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I've gone and spoiled myself and let me tell you: the weapons are cool and the graphics are pretty. Spells are a little rear end.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just bought my first season pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Made my character yesterday based off the SMTIV Apocalypse protagonist and I'm ready to go. The Dex DLC weapons look awesome.

• Locked thread