Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

americong posted:

having a really low tolerance is fantastic

anyone else like to read pulpy fantasy while high

Does Discworld count? That poo poo is hilarious enough sober, when I'm stoned I'm literally laughing out loud while reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

americong posted:

yeah i love it

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

americong posted:

definitely. wanna go on a magic adventure with my wizard friends

americong
May 29, 2013

Kelp Me! posted:

Does Discworld count? That poo poo is hilarious enough sober, when I'm stoned I'm literally laughing out loud while reading.

h*ck yea it does

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.
the best thing to do though is draw or play music

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Zorodius posted:

the best thing to do though is draw or play music

this thing is my absolute favorite musical toy when I'm BAF (Baked As gently caress :cool:):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvDHSCpW0O8
(that's obviously not me, this guy probably doesn't smoke :()

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

heres his decarbing works: some of the THC in the weed still has a carbon dioxide stuck to it, and in this state it does you no good, but when heated the carbon dioxide fucks off and you're left with thc. if you're going to cook it in oil you probably don't need to decarb. its more of an issue if you want to make BHO or something

your edibles will taste better if you decarb separately in the oven though

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 24, 2016

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Pretty sure decarbing is the reason all these dumb hipster kids keep blowing themselves up trying to make BHO in a pot full of butane heated over a gas grill :laffo:

my sister lived in Brooklyn and 3 separate apartments had the NYFD show up for this reason

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

Pretty sure decarbing is the reason all these dumb hipster kids keep blowing themselves up trying to make BHO in a pot full of butane heated over a gas grill :laffo:

no man they just tried to boil off butane in an enclosed space probably on a gas stove

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Decarbing is literally just baking your weed at a low heat for a while... Some of you are making it seem like life or death. I agree with poverty goat though, last edibles I made I descarbed the weed and the brownies tasted a lot better than usual.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
The correct answer here is that you should do it again, exactly the same as last time, but decarb first this time. Then report back.

Inquiring goons want to know.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KHRxe9LAiU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

Kelp Me! posted:

this thing is my absolute favorite musical toy when I'm BAF (Baked As gently caress :cool:):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvDHSCpW0O8
(that's obviously not me, this guy probably doesn't smoke :()

that's really fuckin awesome

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol at people blowing themselves up making hash oil just smoke the dang stuff ya dummies!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbwx9mv9q34

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
nobodys making bho anymore we all moved on to CO2 extractions, dry sifts and flower rosin

come on man nobody wants to take a big toke of isopropyl

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

rosin is a waste of good bud

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

I've been smoking so much weed that I'm not sure what's been happening here was gbs gone for a while?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ya but now it's back

crr
Sep 9, 2016

please email my wife
Hey guys, i have a really low tolerance (like, three quarters of a joint will get me nice and high) and i'm considering buying a few THC pills. They're 70mg each and its indica. Would one of these get me really high or just mellow me out? Thanks

This thread brought to you by a tremendous sniveling dork!

crr fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 25, 2016

EcoBlue
Jan 1, 2008
this is a good thing
i got a new vapcap and its pretty nice
playing videogames is primo

americong
May 29, 2013

crr posted:

Hey guys, i have a really low tolerance (like, three quarters of a joint will get me nice and high) and

TCC prohibits price talk so it might be discouraged here idk

crr
Sep 9, 2016

please email my wife

americong posted:

TCC prohibits price talk so it might be discouraged here idk

fixed

This thread brought to you by a tremendous sniveling dork!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Price aside, 70mg is a fair amount for something that's technically an edible. Take one on a weekend where you don't have much to do and see how you feel. Indicas are the body high ones (the meme I always remember is "in da couch" because that's how you feel with indicas) so that might be a good opportunity to rewatch the Lord of the Rings extended trilogy straight through or whatever it is the kids do these days

americong
May 29, 2013

also, yeah that would probably gently caress me up good (i have a similar or lower tolerance)

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
There's also a good chance that they contain substantially less than advertised. Edibles / tinctures / topicals / pills are basically regulated in the same way that vitamins are, which means that there's not a lot of oversight. In cases where third parties are choosing to pay to get a substance independently tested, they're finding pretty frequently that the amount in a given product is often way less than is advertised. There are a few companies that are generally considered to be reliable and truthful, but it can be pretty hit-or-miss. Same with all vitamins and supplements though.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
pretty sure you can talk about the prices of totally legal things

would be dumb if it was illegal to say i just bought some corn at 50 cents an ear

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

crr posted:

Hey guys, i have a really low tolerance (like, three quarters of a joint will get me nice and high) and i'm considering buying a few THC pills. They're 70mg each and its indica. Would one of these get me really high or just mellow me out? Thanks

Indica- in da couch
Sativa- poo poo im high aye

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i have a high tolerance and an 80mg edible doesnt get me all that high i would prefer to take twice that

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I usually need around 150mg. 250mg if I'm not smoking as well. I've tried a few but Korova seems to be the most potent and consistent brand.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kelp Me! posted:

Cities: Skylines is incredibly relaxing while baked.

i went hog fuckin wild on this for a couple months, can confirm.

my favorite thing was when i set up the little utilities and learned how to import real geography squares from terrain.party . i spent weeks building up the san francisco bay area, i even made like a super lovely industrial east bay and got all the marin houses spread out in the woods and super big, it was great

e: oh and i put nothing but landfills and one residential square on Treasure Island and it ended up being one of the most valuable squares

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I want to make edibles that taste like they are supposed to while still having the intended effect. :( this has to be figured out.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
making hash / some sort of concentrate and using that as the THC contribution to the recipe is a popular angle
iso or everclear wash, whatever

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

AkumaHokoru posted:

I want to make edibles that taste like they are supposed to while still having the intended effect. :( this has to be figured out.

people were saying above if you decarb the weed in the oven before cooking with it they wont taste as strongly of weed

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.
Holy poo poo 80++ mg for edibles?? If I go past 50 in one go I end up interfacing with hell. Guess I'm really weak

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ive been a daily smoker for years so my tolerance is pretty much maxed. it's nothing to do with strong vs weak and it's definitely not something to aspire to for sure i wish those 10mg edibles or a single pull from the vape pen would have me high as a kite like some people

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Everyone calm the gently caress down, an old dealer got back in contact with me and im buying from him

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i believe more in strain tolerance than anything and think that one gets equally burnt out if they spend a month smoking the same poo poo, be it ditchweed or dank.

ive noticed that when we get lazy and buy the same stuff (cause a good batch or three have come in) for like 2-3 weeks, it stops doin its thang. soon as we switch, boom pow, even if thc % is a bit lower.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
that sounds like placebo my friend. ive never experienced anything like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i pay so little attention to the labels now that i should have my wife blind a/b test me over a month to see if im full of poo poo or not