Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Zamatsu hates more than just humans. We have all those scenes with him grumbling at those dinosaur cavemen dudes and wanting to wipe them out.

I guess the word they could use is "beings" because Zamatsu seems to at the very least, hate all races that have sentience. There's just no convenient one word translation that could be used and I think mortals comes way closer than humans ever did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"mortal" works because "Immortal" doesn't just mean "can't be killed" but is more readily used to mean "Will live forever." Gods are immortal, humans are mortal, and tons of mythology has gods that can die but are still immortal, and the fact that a mortal challenging a god upset Zamasu a ton really makes it clear that it's the 'not a god' part that is important.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Filthy humans...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I really think Zamasu and Goku Black are among the best villains the Dragon Ball franchise have produced so far.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pureauthor posted:

I really think Zamasu and Goku Black are among the best villains the Dragon Ball franchise have produced so far.

Agreed. It is nice to have some villains with longer term goals than finding the Dragonballs, and/or beating up Goku. Black did what every other DB villain tried to do (found the dragonballs, killed goku), and that was just him getting started.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

They're simple villains but they're fun.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Since DB Super is basically an animated fanfic, I'm going to throw a wild guess that Gogeta won't be able to kill a fused Zamasu, and Trunks will have to become a god of destruction so Whis can come save everyone.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Professor Wayne posted:

Since DB Super is basically an animated fanfic, I'm going to throw a wild guess that Gogeta won't be able to kill a fused Zamasu, and Trunks will have to become a god of destruction so Whis can come save everyone.

That Angel thing has got to pay off eventually, although I'm not sure it's gonna be this arc.

Also my mind immediately went Evangelion when I heard "so Whis is an ANGEL????". Beerus, get on the fuckin' robot.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Goku and Vegeta are going to defeat Black Zamasu by dancing like they want to win.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Raxivace posted:

Goku and Vegeta are going to defeat Black Zamasu by dancing like they want to win.

You can dance if you want to, you can leave the gods behind, cause if the gods don't dance and if they don't dance then they're no friends of humans mine

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom posted:

They're simple villains but they're fun.

simple but also somehow the most complex this franchise has had

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

simple but also somehow the most complex this franchise has had

Piccolo Daimao was p cool and interesting

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Frieza was interesting because his life didn't revolve around Goku. At first.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

a lot of db villains didn't give a poo poo about goku until he fought them. in z, the only ones that care about him out the gate are (some of) the androids and raditz

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Raditz cared and that brought Vegeta and Nappa.

Buu wasn't but he didn't have a motive besides is bad guy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

vegeta and nappa didn't care about raditz or goku, they just wanted the dragon balls

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They sent Raditz to get Goku.

They just cared about the Dragon balls a lot more.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

vegeta and nappa didn't care about raditz or goku, they just wanted the dragon balls

That involves Goku. No one is allowed to use the dragon balls except Goku and his friends, because Goku owns the 4-star ball.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Manatee Cannon posted:

a lot of db villains didn't give a poo poo about goku until he fought them. in z, the only ones that care about him out the gate are (some of) the androids and raditz

All of the Androids, and Cell, since they were all designed for the express purpose of Killing Goku.

Well I guess not Android 8 but you can hardly count him.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

17 and 18 didn't care and only went along because 16 wanted to

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

So how does that one fansubber guy react to Crunchyroll going for "mortal" when translating "ningen"? He was pretty adamant about translating it as "human", wasn't he?

one of them was like woah i like this because it's mortal for saiyans and human for humans because saiyans aren't humans!

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

one of them was like woah i like this because it's mortal for saiyans and human for humans because saiyans aren't humans!

"All you ningens look the same."

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

it would be cool if trunks saves the future by becoming a new god of destruction. i wonder if the inverse of the kaioshin-hakaishin link works, if the creation of a god of destruction results in the genesis of a new kaioshin

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

You have it backwards. Its not hooking up with Vegita that made Bulma not lame, that was just a side effect. It was putting a stop to hooking up with Yamcha.

I mean, we can't really respect her as a super genius character when shes dating Yamcha.

She's good with technology but generally dumb as bricks. Who in their right mind would talk poo poo to Krillin's awesome girlfriend?

Dating a professional baseball player was the highlight of her life, and she cries at night having to sleep next to the jobless streetfighting bum who knocked her up when she threw him a pity lay (after aforementioned baseball player cheated on her again).

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

sassassin posted:

She's good with technology but generally dumb as bricks. Who in their right mind would talk poo poo to Krillin's awesome girlfriend?

Dating a professional baseball player was the highlight of her life, and she cries at night having to sleep next to the jobless streetfighting bum who knocked her up when she threw him a pity lay (after aforementioned baseball player cheated on her again).

when people talk about Super being a culmination of their favorite fanfics they didn't mean yours

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

they definitely meant mine because mr.satan becomes a super saiyan is #1, #2 and #3 on my list.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
For those of you who get into this sort of thing, there's a new DB Heroes trailer out showing (Super spoilers you can ignore if you've seen the latest preview) fused Zamasu and Black as well as some other interesting things, like Time Patrol Gohan and Trugeta or Vegunks or some Vegeta/Trunks fusion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PzF5TTEees

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Oct 24, 2016

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

why he got a nipple pump draped around his neck?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TIL Condiv is not fashionable

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Condiv posted:

why he got a nipple pump draped around his neck?

He didn't want to wear a jacket.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

a cartoon duck posted:

when people talk about Super being a culmination of their favorite fanfics they didn't mean yours

It's all in (the Viz translation of) the manga.

Well, not the Krillin's girlfriend stuff.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

JD posted:

Piccolo Daimao was p cool and interesting

I mean, he was cool, but wasn't he just Slug Person Satan? I don't recall Piccolo Daimao being particularly deep.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

New Leaf posted:

For those of you who get into this sort of thing, there's a new DB Heroes trailer out showing (Super spoilers you can ignore if you've seen the latest preview) fused Zamasu and Black as well as some other interesting things, like Time Patrol Gohan and Trugeta or Vegunks or some Vegeta/Trunks fusion.

His card refers to him as Vegeks. Which is really lazy as a name, being only one kana away from Vegeta and Trunks' EX Fusion, Vegenks.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

This episode was really loving good. I love how Black just immediately tries to kill Gowasu for the third time in a row. Vegeta's beatdown on Black was glorious.
The preview pretty much spoiled the entire next episode huh? We kinda knew they were going in this direction though, and I'm really excited about it.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mean, he was cool, but wasn't he just Slug Person Satan? I don't recall Piccolo Daimao being particularly deep.

Sure, but what makes him interesting to me is his origin and ties to Kami. And he could puke up minions and sons, and he did evil magic.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Speaking of Piccolo and Kami. They're awfully similar to Whis + Beerus + Supreme Kai in conception. If one dies the others die.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

JD posted:

could puke up minions and sons, and he did evil magic.

Fortune Teller Baba was the original King Piccolo.

Kild posted:

Speaking of Piccolo and Kami. They're awfully similar to Whis + Beerus + Supreme Kai in conception. If one dies the others die.

So Mr Popo is Whis?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Augus posted:

This episode was really loving good. I love how Black just immediately tries to kill Gowasu for the third time in a row. Vegeta's beatdown on Black was glorious.
The preview pretty much spoiled the entire next episode huh? We kinda knew they were going in this direction though, and I'm really excited about it.

I'm not a betting man , but I give good odds to the Fusion coming in the last five minutes.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I find it interesting that Black and Zamasu said they killed all the gods. does that mean they got to Zeno too? I doubt it, but it's a possibility. I want Whis to just pop back into existence if they decide to promote Trunks to God of Destruction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I get the impression there's only one Zeno.

• Locked thread