Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Great Beer posted:

Nice, a clan heavy with the firepower of a crab.

I also use a Gargoyle with 6x MPLs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Great Beer posted:

Nice, a clan heavy with the firepower of a crab.

The thing to remember about the summoner is that it is -heavily- quirked and also ridiculously responsive and mobile, and has durability quirks.(most pods except for 1 side's torso)

Treat it like a clan centurion and it will do you right. I run mine with 5 srm6's and a UAC5, but i'm starting to wonder if artemis isn't worth it.

You can stack up something like 14% missile spread reduction if you do it right.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Problem is, as soon as you are visible, you are dead as a summoner. Trying to use srms is just going to be painful.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

veedubfreak posted:

Problem is, as soon as you are visible, you are dead as a summoner. Trying to use srms is just going to be painful.

That's why C-MPLs are better. You also don't have to deal with Ghost Heat and the L RT/LT Pods have a high E-mount each. Only downside: You need at least 3 weapon groups.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Hot fix, no more loving siren in Terra Therma, thank god.

Also, lawl, do they even QA poo poo before they put it in?

• Terra Therma: Fixed an issue where the DropShip SFX could loop through the match.

• Blackjack BJ-2 [L]: Fixed an issue where the RT had two more Armor Points than the LT.
• Cataphract CTF-3L [L]: Fixed an issue where the LA Hand Actuator was not visible on the model.
• Cataphract CTF-3L [L]: Fixed an issue where the Head component was provided with a Missile hardpoint it was not supposed to have.
• Hellbringer HBR-F [L]: Fixed an issue where the Set of 8 XP Bonus was not present.
• Hellbringer HBR-F [L]: Fixed an issue where Lower Arm Actuators were not present.
• Night Gyr: Fixed an issue where the NTG-A, NTG-C, and NTG-JK had two more Armor Points available in certain components than they should have.
• Summoner SMN-M [L]: Fixed an issue where the ER PPC Cooldown Quirk was listed as +0.5% instead +5%.

• Air/Artillery Strike: Fixed an issue where issuing an Air or Artillery Strike would cause a Cooldown bar to appear in the Consumable icon HUD.
• Cockpit Item Screen: Fixed an issue where Items that have been purchased and equipped were no longer listed if filtering by Owned.
• Cockpit Item Screen: Fixed an issue where Items that have been purchased and equipped were no longer listed as Equipped on other 'Mech(s).
• MechLab: Fixed an issue where viewing a 'Mech Loadout from within the in-game Store would cause component windows to overlap slightly.
• MechLab: Fixed an issue where viewing an OmniMech Loadout from within the in-game Store would not list the OmniPod tab in the Warehouse.
• MechLab: Fixed an issue where issuing the Reset 'Mech command when viewing a 'Mech Loadout from within the in-game Store would cause the Loadout to break.
• Select 'Mech: Fixed an issue where the 'Mech could either not be visible, or only partially visible, in the 'Mech Portrait after making a customization change.

e: Hahah, I just did 1097 damage in the Trial Orion IIC. Tier5 is silly.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 20, 2016

Sonderval
Sep 10, 2011
Game is bad, also I can only play when so drunk i wont remember, rip me.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Sonderval posted:

Game is bad, also I can only play when so drunk i wont remember, rip me.

GET IN MUMBLE NOW, I NEED SONDERVAL TIME.

poo poo, apparently i lost 50 minutes to youtube.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Can anyone post their best triple AMS nova build please? Apparently you can do with with 12 ERSLs?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Should i get into shadowcats or wait for vipers to go c-bills?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I guess they don't count gifts you got for the loyalty event huh

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

I guess they don't count gifts you got for the loyalty event huh

Only gifts you bought, its about spending money.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Only gifts you bought, its about spending money.

They don't play this dumb game!

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Should i get into shadowcats or wait for vipers to go c-bills?

ShadowCats excel at being a nuissance from long range. Vipers are actually capable of putting up a fight. They're both fat light Mechs. So might as well use an Arctic Cheetah or an Ice Ferret (which lacks the JJs).

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Tank Boy Ken posted:

ShadowCats excel at being a nuissance from long range. Vipers are actually capable of putting up a fight. They're both fat light Mechs. So might as well use an Arctic Cheetah or an Ice Ferret (which lacks the JJs).

Ice ferret is 5 tons heavier than a Viper. It has a long history of having no real good reason to exist.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

A.o.D. posted:

Ice ferret is 5 tons heavier than a Viper. It has a long history of having no real good reason to exist.

It's quite good at Scouting.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/238766-do-you-like-energy-draw/

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Terra Therma is an embarrassingly bad map.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Is imperious the guy that sent in cake for the launch?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

tarbrush posted:

Can anyone post their best triple AMS nova build please? Apparently you can do with with 12 ERSLs?

NVA-Sure okay

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Yeah, that's a good way of doing it.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Fil5000 posted:

Is imperious the guy that sent in cake for the launch?

Sure is!

He's consistently been involved in entertaining MWO drama for years now, and PGI managed to turn a whale into a black knight after Russ blocked him on twitter for a fairly innocuous comment that wasn't in support of whatever agenda Russ was pushing at the time.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Tank Boy Ken posted:

It's quite good at Scouting.

The viper is even better!

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The loyalty blackjack is a lot of fun. 4x asrm 6 on high mounts with jump jets. Aw yeah

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Buschmaki posted:

Terra Therma is an embarrassingly bad map.

:pgi: is making sure to ruin every map in the game.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

veedubfreak posted:

:pgi: is making sure to ruin every map in the game.

Well it's better than the first Mordor.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

I believe Barbie gets credit for this one, but I've been liking it. Nva-S. Upsides: Not useless if disarmed, still has triple ams, and the 3-energy arm comes with a pulse laser heat discount so its actually a lot closer than the 1% head dif would indicate.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Well it's better than the first Mordor.

"Getting shot in the leg is marginally better than getting shot in the dick."

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Skoll posted:

"Getting shot in the leg is marginally better than getting shot in the dick."

I don't know about you but I have a lot less fun lotioning my leg so I'm going to go with a leg shot being a pretty big improvement cement.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Great Beer posted:

The loyalty blackjack is a lot of fun. 4x asrm 6 on high mounts with jump jets. Aw yeah

How do you play it? I get regularly blown up after 3-4 salvos because the side torso are so exposed, and I've tried STD builds but they're cripplingly slow. Do you stick to short-range poptarting 90% of the time or something?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
NewMordor would be visually good, downside is you will run greenscreen 95% of the time cause its dark as gently caress.
Also its good to play, a slight change from the usualy ring-around-the-rosy or meet-in-butthole.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I've only played in the lava sandpit once so far and I thought it looked very nice. I'd even call it "pretty" perhaps, especially when someone walks over a lava bubble. No visibility issues and I found plenty of cover too.

Mind you I was driving a medium not an assault. My definition of "acceptable cover" is completely different from the most popular mech chassis bandwagon everyone seems to hop aboard.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I've only played the new TT a dozen times or so but I generally enjoyed it. One thing they absolutely need to fix though is the Domination circle, it's very imbalanced.

In every game i played the (IIRC) north team had a 20+ seconds head start, and that side has a bit more cover too - the south side is mostly shallow slopes.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Hey spergs, I have convened the High Bird Council ( myself ) and we have decided to poach Aves from GIRL and make him the Grand Poobah of WoL.

His great responsibility will basically be picking contracts for you autistic tards who still play this cesspit of a money grab since I can't be hosed to play a meta I don't like.

Please feel free to send complaints or suggestions to my inbox. I won't read them but you can feel free to pretend I did and that I cared about what you had to say.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

NihilCredo posted:

I've only played the new TT a dozen times or so but I generally enjoyed it. One thing they absolutely need to fix though is the Domination circle, it's very imbalanced.

In every game i played the (IIRC) north team had a 20+ seconds head start, and that side has a bit more cover too - the south side is mostly shallow slopes.

The trick to terra therma domination is to head towards F8 instead of using the two main paths, there's a path in the middle of the two main entrances with tons of cover and good sight lines to the north and south snipers. You can also continue north or south to do a proper flank but it's a bit of a trek for slow mechs.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

drop one of the arm heatsinks and move an ams ammo to the torso and you get hand actuators and a medium laser

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

NihilCredo posted:

How do you play it? I get regularly blown up after 3-4 salvos because the side torso are so exposed, and I've tried STD builds but they're cripplingly slow. Do you stick to short-range poptarting 90% of the time or something?

My issue with it is the 235 engine cap. It just doesn't go fast enough to get in and out with srms. It's like playing a slower fatter Oxide. The reason the Oxide works is that it can get in and out reliably without getting poo poo on.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Im not sure if i will keep it to be honest, i dont have any other blackjacks, i find its butt-ugly and i can use the bay.

Also i like new Mordor.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

New Mordor is definitely better than the old Mordor. I wouldn't say it's one of their best maps, but after the loving travesty of the Frozen City rework, I am pleasantly surprised. It may not be their best work, but it's far from their worst and it's now a map that I don't mind playing and will probably even vote for from time to time when it comes up.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Definitly beats the 24/7 - canyon/manifold rotation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I like the loyalty blackjack, it humps hills nicely. I kept it with a XL, and I just ram missiles down people's throats.

Also the loyalty Summoner is good fun. Actually, I have no complaints about any of the loyalty mechs.

• Locked thread