Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Huh, TFS is an LPer group? I thought they just did voiceover stuff. Haven't watched their stuff in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rodyle posted:

so everyone asking about why they can't pay via monthly patreon subscriptions is already paying via vessel right?

Yes and I'd still rather just give them $X a month directly and watch the vids on youtube that give a second video site $X that the Best friends get a small portion of.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
also vessel is a lovely website and doesn't even remember video position

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Andrast posted:

Citra isn't that great yet.

It's getting there pretty fast though.

Rodyle posted:

https://citra-emu.org/

I DIDN'T KNOW THIS EXISTED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbxQXwwURPY

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
nothing is more baffling than the success of easy allies

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Blockhouse posted:

nothing is more baffling than the success of easy allies

Good, jolly fun group of people that have a mix of enthusiasm while also being knowledgeable about the business? Also make good improv comedy since two of them have theater backgrounds.

Gametrailers was a huge recognition.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

*not real-time footage

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

Good, jolly fun group of people that have a mix of enthusiasm while also being knowledgeable about the business? Also make good improv comedy since two of them have theater backgrounds.

Gametrailers was a huge recognition.

I have not seen anything particularly funny for them and "enthusiasm" seems to be mainly them posting lame-rear end reaction videos where they mark out over every single game annoucement

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Evidence of people wanting to throw money at sbf: mailbags

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They don't need a patreon to fund better video production, they need better video production before they can justify asking people for money.

The actual reason they don't do it is because people feel way more entitled to complain or criticise things once they're paying for them and they already get routinely dumped on as it is so they're hardly going to open themselves up to more abuse.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

I have not seen anything particularly funny for them and "enthusiasm" seems to be mainly them posting lame-rear end reaction videos where they mark out over every single game annoucement

This is called "humor is subjective."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Matt is the one who suggested the patreon, but the others are the ones who are iffy about it btw. We never got a reason why before Matt fled SA.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Captain Baal posted:

Matt is the one who suggested the patreon, but the others are the ones who are iffy about it btw. We never got a reason why before Matt fled SA.

I don't remember the timing of things, but i'll just assume that Woolie got spooked thinking that all the patreons would pay to cancel the ultra despair girls lp.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Always assume it's Woolie, it's a line of thought that never fails.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'm completely fine with patreon, and if things come down to it, I've often said we can use it. I even discussed dropping all the advertisers for the podcast, and make the podcast exclusively on Patreon support. The idea of using it usually gets shot down by the other members.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The audio desync in Omikron should be pretty easy to fix in editing. I remember Liam talking about manually synching a much harder project (A Castlevania game that kept losing audio sync every time the screen blacked out), so Omikron really has no excuse to go live like this. However, it adds to the aesthetics, so meh.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't agree, they should be at least looking to build up a significant savings in case things go rotten for a while. Yes they are successful now, but the LPer market is getting insanely saturated, everyone and their mother (sometimes literally) is giving it a shot.

Forget everyone's mother. It's all about the Skyrim-playing grandma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCzkY7wa8Ksxv4M5NyUYgTmA?videos

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TheRealestMatt posted:

Yes, it actually will. Any money we make off Vessel will almost exclusively go to making the overall channel better. Buying office space to record, new gear, new consoles, new tv, new PC in which to edit, new high quality mics for the podcast, etc.

For Patreon, I believe Woolie was more open to it, but both Liam and Pat don't like the sense of obligation it requires.

As for let's watches and such, right now, we'll keep that site exclusive, but it might change in the future. Not sure.

And finally, in regards to killing ads, we wouldn't get rid of them, but I think we'd start making our own, much like how Sleepycast does it. Which remains to this day, the best podcast I've ever been a part of.

Huh. Well, scratch Woolie off of my last post and replace him with Liam :v:

But eh, it's their business, i'll never be mad that i cannot spoonfeed them money, and if it ever becomes necessary then the backdown kids will definitely open up a Patreon.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Twitch is basically their patreon at this point, now that they're actually using it every week instead of every other month.

Also pretty sure they take direct donations during the streams.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Speaking of, Paige had some hilarious streams (with a bit of Pat) in a dating sim trying to get JonTron's dick, and in 22 minutes those two are gonna stream some VR.
https://www.twitch.tv/peachsaliva
"Oh no, the dildo just vibrated!"

Also, I am so happy Matt got me into Lucha Underground, i'm at the first part of the season finale and this match, this bloodfeud, is happening solely because the heel said that dragons aren't real, this is the kind of wrestling I always wanted.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 25, 2016

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hey Zaibatsu look what I found!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXEEBbFc-r8

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"So how are you defeating David Cage by buying and promoting David Cage games?"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
George(?) seems like a low-tier version of Pat.

E: Voting either "My Jesus is Real" or "Bible Battles" for alternative podcast titles.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 25, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bunny hop is combining the worst aspects of all the spf with none of the positives

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

George is great

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Tae posted:

Bunny hop is combining the worst aspects of all the spf with none of the positives

Except what he produces is pretty much completely different from what they do

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
counterpoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ0tCgJj0Ko

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Super Bunnyhop is cool. I actually found out about his channel before he started doing stuff with SBF, someone posted his old-rear end MGS3 challenge run on the outside-SA LP thread.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Super Bunny Hops has some pretty okay skills at analytical writing but he's not exactly the funniest dude and I don't personally think he works with the SBF podcast style of "Gibbering Nerd Shouts At Each Other"

Still better than German "I Totally Understand Jokes HaHa" Spy though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Still better than German "I Totally Understand Jokes HaHa" Spy though.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Has Plague of Gripes ever been on the podcast?

It's not physically possible for me to care any less about any of the SBF background characters (GermanSpy, Austin, BunnyHop, Cranky, etc), except for Plague because he's actually funny/interesting. I'm sure the others are perfectly nice people but the second they get involved in any of the videos/casts, I tune out.

If they ever break the glass on a DS1 play through, hopefully it won't be a stream and/or is just the Zaibatsu.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yep, he has. Fairly recently, too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Plague is basically the hidden fifth member of the Zaibatsu, that is only selectable when he makes the right combination of crop circles

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Captain Baal posted:

Plague is basically the hidden fifth member of the Zaibatsu, that is only selectable when he makes the right combination of crop circles

No, that's Paige. Plague gave up that slot when he defected to the Ustabiaz.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Captain Baal posted:

Eh I'd say he's more of a support role myself. Kinda like Microchip from the Punisher comix. Give 'em what they need, but stay out of the crosshairs.

Although his solo DS1 LP gets pretty hilarious when he starts leaning into his creepy farmer persona.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I haven't watched any of Plague's LPs, but his art gripes are pretty relaxing. He's very calming to listen to.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I highly recommend never watching his DS1 lp.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Here lemme sum up Plague's LP

"Okay I'm gonna stop everything to stand still for 40mins to tell you why I think DS2 lore is the worst and how Bloodbornes gameplay is poo poo because you can move more easily and the fact that you can dodge roll in Dark souls is stupid and dumb because you just push a button and ignore what a boss does lemme tell you about my fan game design doc where shields are even better an you can hold a different button to ignore the boss and that's different for some reasons."

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I watched him stream Overwatch once, he was hilariously awful at it and blamed everyone on his team and Blizzard's matchmaking instead of realizing not only was his basic execution lacking, but also his decision-making which is where he seemed to pride himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The guys randomly spoiled a boxart critique that's not even out yet. Good job.
On the other hand eagerly awaiting the best boxart to show up: Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow Konami Greatest Hits edition.