Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Tiggum posted:

I thought of that, but the exterior shot shows that it's clearly a three-storey building. :shrug:

I only count two, unless you're including an attic space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

This is better than the last translation I did but I still am really not at all sure what this comic is supposed to be about.

Possibly hopeless request. I'm looking for a comic I translated years back that involved Seek-nam (the guy whose eyes are always closed) asking for sick leave because the year's almost up and he hasn't used his days yet. I've had no luck finding it again on the Korean Internet. If someone was saving these or at least has archives it would really help. I probably posted it in late 2013. Can't remember if I was posting this comic in late 2012. Unless it was a random comic I posted out of order in which case it could be anywhere.

edit: wrong dates

Some Guy TT fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 25, 2016

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (October 1, 1951)

Nancy (November 15, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (July 15, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (August 13, 1923)

Lil' Abner (April 12, 1937)

Barney Google (August 14, 1922)

Alley Oop (November 13, 1933)

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tiggum posted:

I thought of that, but the exterior shot shows that it's clearly a three-storey building. :shrug:
The attic doesn't really count, usually. It's just storage or insulation or both.

Mary Worth...uncensored

Rex Morgan MD

Leave the Dad Jokes to Dad, Sarah.

Secret Agent X-9

Of course! The ol' Strickler Gambit! Why didn't I see it before?!

Apartment 3-G

Every once in a while, I just appreciate Kotzky's work. I really like today's panels.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Wanamingo posted:

Nancy

The week's over, and we're still doing this garbage

I hope it never ends. I vastly prefer monster mash punchlines to nostalgia for some lame old band, hamfisted patriotism, and Gilchrist jerking it to Fritzi

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Some Guy TT posted:

Possibly hopeless request. I'm looking for a comic I translated years back that involved Seek-nam (the guy whose eyes are always closed) asking for sick leave because the year's almost up and he hasn't used his days yet. I've had no luck finding it again on the Korean Internet. If someone was saving these or at least has archives it would really help. I probably posted it in late 2013. Can't remember if I was posting this comic in late 2012. Unless it was a random comic I posted out of order in which case it could be anywhere.

edit: wrong dates

BAM

For reference you posted this December 4, 2013, in Comic Strip Megathread XIV

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Edge of the Lollipop Guild

Seriously, that guy looks like he wandered in from Oz.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

csammis posted:

BAM

For reference you posted this December 4, 2013, in Comic Strip Megathread XIV

Thanks a bunch! Maybe a year or two from now I'll re-translate this, but now I need to send it to someone. Thing's practically a public service announcement.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Selachian posted:

Seriously, that guy looks like he wandered in from Oz.
Man, the breakneck pace of this comic is exhausting. I hope we get a chance to catch our breath soon.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I hope it never ends. I vastly prefer monster mash punchlines to nostalgia for some lame old band, hamfisted patriotism, and Gilchrist jerking it to Fritzi

Yeah, we've gotten what, two decent-ish jokes out of this? That's more than I can remember in the past like, year, or two. Maybe even more.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Another old-timey (1930s-1940s) strip I'm dying to get my hands on more of is Gene Ahern's The Squirrel Cage. It was :catdrugs: in a way that sometimes made Krazy Kat seem normal.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

This is just awful, even for Dustin. "That lazy moron got another job in addition to working all those other part-time ones but none of them are as stable as my lawyer business! loving kids these days!"

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Selachian posted:

Lockheed Electra, Amelia Earhart vanished while flying one. If this story were any more telegraphed that Oz reject would be wearing a Western Union uniform.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

"You know him, he's the guy that guzzles hobo wine and works in a barn."

Thanks to the throwaway panel, I choose to believe that this is what the viewers of the Today Show are actually seeing.

Also, my God, that Sally Forth is a thing of beauty.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Darkest Auer posted:

This is just awful, even for Dustin. "That lazy moron got another job in addition to working all those other part-time ones but none of them are as stable as my lawyer business! loving kids these days!"
How dare he try and get more experience and references?! :argh:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

what the effervescent gently caress is this

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Phimosissy posted:

what the effervescent gently caress is this

drat that's a lovely elephant.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

delfin posted:

Another old-timey (1930s-1940s) strip I'm dying to get my hands on more of is Gene Ahern's The Squirrel Cage. It was :catdrugs: in a way that sometimes made Krazy Kat seem normal.

Good golly, the origin of Nov shmoz ka pop

:allears:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

So, they're bitching at their son for finding a job?
gently caress baby boomers.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Say Nothing posted:

So, they're bitching at their son for finding a job?
gently caress baby boomers.

Dear God why can't he just find a 30-plus year career like everyone else? God drat entitled Millennials taking lousy part time jobs endlessly rather than just settling down and finding a 30-plus year career right out of school!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set doesn't break even.

Working Daze kicks the dog.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix meant to post this the other day.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Jeroboam: The first king of the northern Kingdom of Israel after the revolt of the ten northern Israelite tribes against Rehoboam that put an end to the United Monarchy.

Technically also a large wine bottle having a capacity of about four ordinary bottles or 3 liters (3.3 quarts), but still gently caress Brooke's stupid vocabulary.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Are you? Or do you just not remember what being not tired is like?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (August 23-24, 1929)

Peanuts (October 27, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

In which Bull Bushka is trapped in the Harry Dinkle Memorial Storyline, where he's forced to retire from something he loves by a tragic consequence of the life he chose, which will then probably never be mentioned again.

Meanwhile, in Crankshaft, welcome to week two of the heart-stopping leaf story!

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (December 23-24, 1929)

Thimble Theater (May 13, 1930)

Peanuts: Year Five (July 25-27, 1955)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (October 27, 1969)

Peanuts: Year Five (July 25-27, 1955)

Man, what a difference fourteen years makes. The '69 seems like something from Modern Nancy.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

#1: Further proof that getting Gunther to make her dress for her was intentionally a scam: Luann in genuinely surprised that his Engineering instructor bought it.
#2: The votes are in for Toni's dress and you can go to Luannfan.com and see the winner if you want. It's boring and ugly and clearly won by being bland (like the comic it was designed for). Unsurprisingly, I got bored of clicking the "show more" button before I got to my favorite firehose dress.

The Amazing Spider-Man

What are the odds the colorist remembers they're in a carpet and not out on the lawn?

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

This comic aggressively wants me to hate this guy and I just can't

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

#1: Further proof that getting Gunther to make her dress for her was intentionally a scam: Luann in genuinely surprised that his Engineering instructor bought it.
#2: The votes are in for Toni's dress and you can go to Luannfan.com and see the winner if you want. It's boring and ugly and clearly won by being bland (like the comic it was designed for). Unsurprisingly, I got bored of clicking the "show more" button before I got to my favorite firehose dress.

On the other hand it did at least get a short blurb and artist explanation:

http://luannfan.com/dress-by-travers/

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (December 23-24, 1929)

"Heroes are made, not born" is maybe not the most apt sentiment to put in one's Christmas Eve cartoon.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine Meets Informal Fallacies

The Phantom

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

And so continues the exciting saga of Mark Trail: Fire Adventure: Woman Falling Off Things.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Jack Chick has died.

http://www.avclub.com/article/rip-jack-chick-comics-scaremonger-244738

There is only one way to mark his passing.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (October 2, 1951)

Nancy (November 16, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (July 16, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (August 14, 1923)

Lil' Abner (April 13, 1937)

Barney Google (August 15, 1922)

Alley Oop (November 14, 1933)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Born Loser

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Garfield

Mary Worth

Office Hours

Reply All

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It feels as if Tiggum just made up Frog Applesauce rather than it being an actual comic. I mean, yeah, its a real thing, but it feels like a prank on us.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Bizarro

Dilbert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

• Locked thread