Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea having an optional thing you can access relatively early is super nice, even if you'll definitely be really underleveled if you go in right away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My alt character just finished Farron's so I plan on blitzing the dlc with my level 110 dude, then going back and having fun with some of the other new weapons on the level 50 dude.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RBA Starblade posted:

My alt character just finished Farron's so I plan on blitzing the dlc with my level 110 dude, then going back and having fun with some of the other new weapons on the level 50 dude.

Good luck ruining your first playthrough of the DLC, cheers!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Friendly Humour posted:

Good luck ruining your first playthrough of the DLC, cheers!

thanks

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea having an optional thing you can access relatively early is super nice, even if you'll definitely be really underleveled if you go in right away

I haven't not killed the dancer early since like my 3rd playthrough, I'm hoping this isn't going to be an issue.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I was daydreaming at work today about a random dungeon generator. That the game had permadeath and a random item generator. I wish I had the talent to somehow create mod tools and then implement it. Works been slow.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Darks Souls roguelike would be cool. I don't think you can mod these games though.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
In DaS you could access a debug mode and view models, including a bunch of weird poo poo like an prototype moving version of Bed of Chaos, Undead King Jar-eel, kid Beatrice, what the falling animation on a mushroom dad looks like, etc. And plenty of people have made smaller or larger graphical mods for UI, textures, FPS, that one mod where every enemy has a gigantic aggro range, and such. But full-on new content like random maps would require tools that aren't available to the end user, sadly. I'd love to play a SOTFS-style redux of DaS. At least there's Bloodborne for all your randomized dungeon crawling needs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Darks Souls roguelike would be cool. I don't think you can mod these games though.

Chalice dungeons were actually pretty bad.

Souls games live by their amazing level design and randomization just shits all over that.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Got my fresh NG Pyromancer to level 68, in hindsight I kinda wish I'd stopped reinforcing my weapon at +7 just for invasions sake but oh well +8 it is. I'm super rusty so chances are I'll find it too tough rather than too easy, so the stronger weapon/flame should come in handy. Also raided Lothric Castle up to Oceiros/Dragonslayer Armor for souls and Chunks to have in reserve.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I have a fresh character about level 60 so I should be all set when the dlc finally comes out.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
So uh... I own the season pass, but not...any DLC

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Unlocked on my ps4 (europe)

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Shoehead posted:

Getting reports of Season Pass holders not getting any DLC (including myself)

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I think dark souls 2 had the same problem with its dlc.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I had to toggle Ashes off and on again in the DLC box to get it to install.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Nephthys posted:

I had to toggle Ashes off and on again in the DLC box to get it to install.

Ashes isn't in anyone's DLC box if they bought the season pass instead. you can toggle the season pass on and off but there's no files attached to it.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I got the season pass and it's in there just fine for me :shrug:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
It's confirmed that it is the holders of the deluxe version who are getting screwed (the special pre-release that came with the soundtrack + season pass).

I'm not too annoyed but I hope they manage to sort this quickly.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

kanonvandekempen posted:

Unlocked on my ps4 (europe)

You mean you can actually access it or you just now could pre-load the DLC? Cause if you're getting it early because of timezone fuckery... :argh:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
:laffo: people are losing their minds on the steam forums because the DLC isn't available for the deluxe edition owners RIGHT NOW.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
well yeah, im going to sleep in an hour and like hell im going to work tommorow if i wake up without having completed the dlc.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Deluxe edition owner and it just started downloading for me.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
edit: I take back what I said, the DLC is now downloading.

TopHatGenius fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 24, 2016

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Shoehead posted:

I just bout the season pass a few hours ago. Try going to the Ashes of Andariel (or whoever) standalone DLC entry on your console and see if it's "free". I had to do this manually after claiming the dumb theme.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Something is downloading for me now. I bought the Season Pass pre-release and the game updated last night. I wonder if they fixed the gently caress up already.

EDIT: Yup. It says I own Ashes now.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Ended up unlocking some time before midnight, phew. Glad I dont have to worry about it now!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
played the dlc a tiny bit with my Pvp 50str fume sword build, smashing enemies apart feels good

also immediately warping out of the dlc is amusing

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Hm so uh where's the npc? I'm warping to the cleansing chapel and don't see him.

I see ashes as in my library in steam and theres only a play now option so I'm guessing it's installed?

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
I beat Deacons of the Deep since that was commonly acknowledged that that was the way to get the NPC to spawn, but still no spawn.

Anyone else having problems accessing it? I just brought this guy to NG+ to play this DLC.

DarkEnigma
Mar 31, 2001
Streaming the dlc for a bit twitch.tv/charnelrot

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

^Your stream is broken, no audio.

For whatever reason Steam Cloud didn't grab the saves for this game. Don't really feel like replaying through everything to get all the items back. Oh well :sigh:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Shoehead posted:

on ps4, if you own the season pass you can go to the dlc page itself and start your download from there. it doesn't auto download tho, or at least it didn't for me

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Holy poo poo NG+ wolves do not gently caress around.

I guess I didn't need though 80 million souls anyway.......

Follower set is dope tho. Worth it.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Been playing for about an hour and a half, pretty amazing how they can vary it up with the snowscape gimmick as you go through it. Didn't finish it yet, saw only one boss. But I like it so far.

Went in with my sorcery caster and was pleasantly surprised that enemies didn't just have resistances to the max like in the first two games (could they finally have learned?), though, I feel the single target projectile spells that killed everything in the main game didn't work quite as well, not due to the damage they deal, but rather it seems that AoE or utility spells may be more useful due to the number of some more nimble enemy types.

I don't even have a +10 weapon. I have a Crystal Lothric Knight Sword +8. Still feels like I'm dealing good enough damage.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 25, 2016

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Had to restart steam and that fixed my issue

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Help I have played too much Monster Hunter and now I can't hit buttons good!

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
So what all reaches the point of no return if I enter the Catacombs? I need to do Sirris' quest line. I have talked to her and given the old lady the ashes and talked to Sirris again, who offered her help. Is there anything else I will break by entering the Catacombs?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

7c Nickel posted:

Help I have played too much Monster Hunter and now I can't hit buttons good!

The Nioh demo absolutely killed my ability to play DS for a week, especially since it was so similar.

HaB posted:

So what all reaches the point of no return if I enter the Catacombs? I need to do Sirris' quest line. I have talked to her and given the old lady the ashes and talked to Sirris again, who offered her help. Is there anything else I will break by entering the Catacombs?

Yoel dies at this point, so if you want to open up Yuria you'll need to do his thing first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

KingSlime posted:

Hm so uh where's the npc? I'm warping to the cleansing chapel and don't see him.

I see ashes as in my library in steam and theres only a play now option so I'm guessing it's installed?

Apparently he can be a bit of a pain to spawn. Try loading in/out of the area and restarting the game a few times if you're still having trouble.